Oh noes another RMT

Okay, I changed it a bit. Do you think its better? I can still go for suggestions and advice.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Modest
EVs: 252 HP, 148 Spd, 108 Sp. Atk
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power [Ice]
-Light Screen
-Substitute

Uh Gyarados counter and light screen to help Garchomp against sp attacks.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Sp. Def
-Ice Beam
-Seismic Toss
-Thunder Wave
-Softboiled

T-Waves stuff to help Garchomp beat fast counters.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Bold
EVs: 252 Def, 48 Spd, 56 Sp. Atk, 152 HP
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Hypnosis
-Recover

Bulky water. Kills Ground, Rock and Dragon types.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Impish
EVs: 240 HP, 56 Atk, 76 Def, 136 Spd
-Reflect
-Reminiscent Headbutt
-Somersault
-Wish

Wish passes it so Garchomp can SD without getting hurt.

Garchomp @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
Jolly
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Fire Fang/Dragon Claw/Fire Blast
(people keep recomending Fire Blast and Dragon Claw for its last last two moves, but wouldn't Stone Edge be better?)

Main Sweeper.

Infernape @ Life Orb
EVs: 32 Attack, 228 Speed, 252 Special Attack
Naive
-In-Fight
-Flamethrower
-Grass Rope
-Scheme

Helps get rid of Ice and Water types and kills bliss/skarm.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
[thread=17743]Please read this.[/thread]

Again, Gyarados trouble if it gets in safely. Firemonkey should be naive, and consider replacing Milotic with Slowbro as, while it doesn't have hypnosis, it does pull off what you're attempting to do a good deal better if you don't count Marvel Scale.

Heh, I was about to post a link to that thread too. ^_^ It's a awesome thread by the way; totally made me rethink my battle plans, but for the better.

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
Salamence @ Choice Glasses
Modest
EVs: 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
-Meteoric Swarm
-Flamethrower
-Hydro Pump
-Dragon Pulse

Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Sp. Def
-Ice Beam
-Seismic Toss
-Thunder Wave
-Softboiled

Milotic @ Leftovers
Bold
EVs: ??? (don't know which EV spread to give it)
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Impish
EVs: 240 HP, 56 Atk, 76 Def, 136 Spd
-Reflect
-Reminiscent Headbutt
-Somersault
-Wish

LandShark @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
Jolly
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast
-Dragon Claw

Infernape @ Life Orb
EVs: 76 Attack, 226 Speed, 200 Special Attack
Naive
-In-Fight
-Flamethrower
-Grass Rope
-Shadow Claw(Hits everythin nuetraly with infight)

nice team, but AsMedicham rapes 5-6 members of the team, jirachi is the only one. hope i helped!

Uhh.. it wasn't just a bunch of standards put together. I did give it some thought.
I was going for a team built around Landshark. T-Wave with Bliss then Jirachi wish passes it so Landshark can SD then sweep. Inferape is for ice and water types, Milotic is there to take on grounds and Mence is just there cause i needed a Sp Sweeper.
Any suggestions on how to counter Gyarados?

Something faster with thunderbolt, like Agnom or Zapdos. Otherwise, it depends on Gyara's moveset. It can only fit two attacks in, otherwise stuff could either wall it all day or just roar it out. Unless it's CB gyarados, which is easy to predict around.

Uhh.. it wasn't just a bunch of standards put together. I did give it some thought.
I was going for a team built around Landshark. T-Wave with Bliss then Jirachi wish passes it so Landshark can SD then sweep. Inferape is for ice and water types, Milotic is there to take on grounds and Mence is just there cause i needed a Sp Sweeper.
Then why didn't you have the presence of mind to put this in your original post? Better yet, why didn't you come up with a more interesting title or more interesting movesets (perhaps ones that we haven't seen before).

The AGMence, Bliss, and Jirachi looks like you copy-pasted it from someone else's RMT.

You said yourself "Mence is there because I need a special sweeper," why would you pick another 4x ice weak dragon? Two ice beams and your offensive front just falls apart. Drop Mence for a special sweeper that counters Gyarados (or in short, something that has boltbeam and can take a hit).

Don't put Shadow Claw on Infernape, it hits nothing harder than your other moves. Grass Rope does more to Starmie and Slowbro, Flamethrower does more to every Ghost and In Fight does more to Lunatone and Solrock. The Lati twins are the only exceptions and you shouldn't be going up against either of them.

If you want something to counter Gyarados, use Porygon2 (yep, 2 not Z) or Starmie.

It'll work as a team overall, but I still don't think there's much thought behind your strategy. It seems you slapped six Pokemon that are common on other teams and hoped for the best.

So I changed to team a bit. Hopefuly Zapdos over Mence makes my team better. It solves my Gyarados problem(I think =P). Zapdos also has light screen to help Garchomp against sp attacks. Anymore suggestions?

Zapdos has problem switching in if Gyarados uses Stone Edge instead of Earthquake, but otherwise works ok as danced Waterfall from max ATK does around 55% max with your spread. You don't really need to Agilipass to something with 102 SPD stats, though, it really only affects Timid Starmie or HPice Zam I think, Pseudopassing light screen might be more useful and surprising to cover Garchomp's ice (beam) weakness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)