XY OU Oh, wow! A bee! OW! it stung me! (M-Beedrill)

Thank you kindly for viewing this team! Please don't forget to comment!
Team Building process: Beedrill. an awesome bug type I like, and up until now, wasn't very good, but now it has a mega, so I started with it. Then, I decided to add Machamp, because I really like it and it has no-guard+dynamic punch. I also decided to add in a galvantula, because I love galvantula and that sticky web is pretty helpful. I also decided on a heatran because I needed a special wall and a stealth rocks user, and heatran fits both roles. I also like trevenant and I think harvest is pretty good and I decided it could help my team out. Finally, I chose magnezone to trap steel types and for some flying coverage, which was drastically needed. Ok here is the team!

Thistle (beedrill) @ beedrillite
Ability:Swarm->Adaptability
Jolly 252 atk 252 spe 4 def
Moves:
Poison Jab
U-turn
Drill Run
Protect
I chose beedrill to be my mega because of speed and attack power. I have protect to use the mega-evolution turn so he can get his speed and adaptability in. Drill Run was added to be rid of pesky poison and rock types whom could potentially be dangerous. Poison Jab is for Adaptability STAB. U-turn for STAB as well, but also for a switch to a pokemon better suited to fight the opponent.

Chopster(Machamp) @ Muscle Band (Most likely to change item)
Ability: No Guard
Adamant 252 atk 252 spe 4 def
Moves:
Fire Punch
Knock Off
Dynamic Punch
Stone Edge
I don't see machamp around much, so I added him in he is a sweeper, of course. Knock Off is for utility to remove them leftovers and eviolites. Dynamic Punch is main STAB, and because of No Guard, is a guaranteed hit. Stone Edge takes out pesky Flying types just flappin about.
Fire Punch is there for when I run out of Dynamic Punch, and for other situations.

Magnezone @ Life Orb
Ability:Magnet Pull
Timid 252 Spa 252 Spe 4 Def
Moves:
Volt Switch
Thunder Wave
Discharge
Flash Cannon
(Didn't have HP Fire and I am NOT breeding for it, so that's why it doesn't have that.)
I like magnezone, it is pretty cool,and very strong. It is another sweeper for my team. Volt Switch creates a volt-turn core with beedrill, while adding reliable switches. Thunder Wave paralyzes the opponent to cripple. Discharge is strong, and reliable STAB for when I don't want to switch. Flash Cannon is the other STAB while being able to hit rock and other type for super effective.

upload_2015-1-12_19-4-36.jpeg

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability:Flash Fire
Calm 248 HP 192 SpD 68 Spe
Moves:
Toxic
Taunt
Stealth Rocks
Lava Plume
At Last we hit the defensives! Heatran, is the special tank who helps out alot! Toxic gets burn immune pokemon and switch-ins to take continuous damage. Taunt keeps opponents from setting-up and taking my team out. Stealth Rocks is self-explanatory, but I will explain it anyway. It is my only entry hazard, and it gets the switch-ins to take damage. Lava Plume is STAB plus burn.

Trevenant @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
Careful 252 HP 176 SpD 80 Spe
Moves:
Protect
Leech Seed
Horn Leech
Will-O-Wisp
My physical tank, trevenant is awesome because he can have will-O-Wisp and other moves. Will-O-Wisp is to Cripple physical attckers who try to attack trevenant. Leech Seed to Help restore health. Horn Leech is main STAB, and heals trevenant. Protect is for leech seed/will-o-wisp stall and to wait for a sitrus berry from harvest.

upload_2015-1-12_19-27-6.jpeg

Galvantula @ Scope Lens
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid 252 Spa 252 Spe 4 Def
Moves:
Thunder
Sticky Web
Bug Buzz
Energy Ball
The final member of my team, galvantula. He is a semi-sweeper who's main job is to set up sticky web to slow the opponent. He has Thunder because compound eyes give it the highest unboosted Thunder accuracy in the game and STAB of course. Sticky web slows the opponent for my team to be faster than them. Bug Buzz is secondary STAB and for the grass types. Energy Ball is for coverage.

Well, there it is. Please post suggestions below!:)

Attachments

Conkeldurr > Machamp

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab / Knock Off

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe/ 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Sticky Web
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball

A "main purpose" Pokemon this frail needs a Focus Sash. Compound Eyes makes Thunder hit most of the time anyways.

I also feel like you need a Defogger/Spinner for the team. Try replacing Trevenant with Mandibuzz

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 108 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Foul Play / Knock Off
- Roost
- Taunt / Whirlwind
- Defog

Before I start my suggestions I would like to second replacing Machamp with Conkeldurr (that's the main reason Machamp isn't seen around much) and giving Galvantula Focus Sash.

Rotom-W > Magnezone
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers/Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split/Rest (rest with Chesto berry and pain split with leftovers)

Rotom is a better pokemon at your Magnezone's job since Magnezone's main niche is trapping steels and killing them. Rotom is much more bulky and has a more advantageous typing while doing the same thing your Magnezone does (forming a volt-turn core with Beedrill for starters) except for the fact he provides extra things like Will-O-Wisp and the ever important ground immunity.

Latias/Mandibuzz > Trevanant

Like Windgrace said a Defogger/Spinner is extremely helpful. I would like to provide a second option for a defogger, that being Latias. Latias is a more offensive version of Mandibuzz with some useful tools and a lot of nuking power.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Healing Wish/Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock/HP Fire/Thunderbolt/Whatever you please

Note: You could use a bulkier spread of 72 HP/184 SpA/252 Spe to take things like two specs Keldeo secret swords after rocks and stuff like that.

Here are the Pros and Cons for both defoggers.

Latias Pros
  • Equal fastest defogger in the tier
  • More offensive than Mandibuzz
  • Life Orb Draco hits really hard
  • Can run a ton of coverage
  • Has Healing Wish which faints Latias to fully heal your next pokemon you send out. This can be really useful when Latias is about to die.
  • Is a Keldeo check who can be a problem for your team
  • Dragon Type provides many useful resistances

Latias Cons

• Not as bulky as Mandibuzz though she certainly isn't frail
  • Weak to Knock Off, U-Turn and Pursuit
  • If you choose this you have no immunity to mold breaker earthquake though Excadrill has lost a lot of usage

Mandibuzz Pros
  • Bulky. Really really Bulky
  • Provides immunity to mold breaker EQ
  • Foul Play hurts setup sweepers
  • Immune to spore
  • Much more longevity

Mandibuzz Cons
  • Loses Offensive Momentum
  • Doesn't have much utility, Conkeldurr has knock off
  • Bulk isn't as needed with Rotom to share the load
  • Lost his main niche way back in X and Y of being an Aegislash counter
  • Taunt is really annoying
  • Status is a nightmare

So yeah, those are the Pros and Cons I could think of. Personally I would choose Latias but if you feel you need the bulk then Mandibuzz is your man.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)