Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Hoopa-Unbound.

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • AV Magerna

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Kartana,

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters
i fuigured to make a team aroubd mega manectric, and golly does it work i know all the roles and its good in OU competetive, I hope you like what u see heree and hope for advice :^)

Keldeo-resolute

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Hydro pump
- Secret Sword
- scald.

Keldeo's purpose here is to outspeed Sweepers like landorus and get some hard hits sweepers like mega medicham could get wrecked by it just by a Scald, Justified is a good ability also, Knock off by a lando i might lose my scarf but i can scare them to switch, So this makes a decent sweeper also taking out greninja,Revenge killing Zard Y and Volcarona

Toxapex.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 200 HP / 56 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze

Toxapex's Purpose here is to stall, It has good set up moces with scald for Stab, Haze is for people that uses swords dance and have speed boost, It can get the toxic off, all though steel types are a problem Look for the burn and you'll be good to go, it out stalls people and though it barely has Defense investments i decided to give it bold for that bulk, Recover is there if anyone burns or toxics toxapex so it can out stall them in the race, Good for Stalling Pokemon ~~useful to kill fairy types~~

M-Manectric

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower

M-Manectric's Purpose is to sweep, Kill, Switch, Intimidate, Repeat at this moment greninja is crying along with landorus, Hidden power ice Destroys landorus also with that intimidate, thunderbolt makes greninja Cry, Kartana, Is the problem youll need to intimidate kartana twice and get the flamethrower and you can also predict it, Water types arent having fun here, at All, nor fire types, and grass types ~~Cause they're slow and gets wrecked~ one of the best sweepers in here, and has LOTS of coverage, with that timid nature.

Landorus-Therian

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Fly.

Yeah even more pressure on Opponets Another intimidater that can set up rocks so this basically covers up Zards, I might not have a rock move but stealth rocks predict zard go into Manectric Dead Zard, Flynium Z cause its Good getting newtrual on flying types plus its stab with knock off (Destroys Chanseys) and earthquake for mega gengar and electric poison types like that and also steelix Fly so u can doge a miss and get a stab base power of 95 and can intimidate some physical attackers.

Tapu Bulu

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 96 SpD / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness
- Wood Hammer

Tapu bulu bulky hard hitter Assault vest can Help him tank some hits espically from a e quake, Burn plus grassy surge equals something like w damage, Nature's Madness is for Bulky mons, Hit that half hp then do the rest with stab wood hammer or horn leech, Super power is for dark types rock types lucarios and steel types, Adamant boosts the attack so have fun with that,

Tyranitar

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

At this rate, Greninja and Lando could only take out Tyranitar, witch they ate very sad for but. TYRANITAR CAN TANK HITS, so super power, for greninja just stone edge for lando, or switch, its more like bulu so this description is very short, it has stab moves having great coverage, Good for attacking psychic types,

Weakness: Kartana, Hoopa unbound, Zygarde, and screen tapu Koko

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Hidden Power [rock]
- Hydro pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 200 HP / 56 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower

- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Fly

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 96 SpD / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness
- Wood Hammer

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Last edited:
I will rate your team in a bit but I wanna point out now, I have no idea what is going on with your Keldeo set. What does Hidden Power Bug hit??? I really have no idea why you would need this coverage at all and while I see why you have Calm Mind incase you get knocked off as you said you can't solely bank on that. If you don't lose your scarf it is a wasted moveslot. Before I do a proper rate I suggest replacing Calm Mind with Hydro Pump and run Stone Edge over HP Bug to revenge kill Zard Y and Volcarona. Then use a hasty nature and have 31 ivs in Attack. If you want to run a Scarf Keldeo in the future follow this set and ofc Stone Edge can be swapped out for Icy Wind and maybe HP electric as a niche.

I got no idea what the hidden power bug on your keldeo is suposed to do for your team, when you have the likes of substitude or literally anything else.

Your team does go together pretty well to be honest, i just think there is too many popular mons in the metagame that completely demolish you, landorus, thundurus, tornados are all a threat, with the ones you posted yourself and even more. In my opinion that team won't go very high just based on the sheer low power of your team and lack of wincondition.

I will rate your team in a bit but I wanna point out now, I have no idea what is going on with your Keldeo set. What does Hidden Power Bug hit??? I really have no idea why you would need this coverage at all and while I see why you have Calm Mind incase you get knocked off as you said you can't solely bank on that. If you don't lose your scarf it is a wasted moveslot. Before I do a proper rate I suggest replacing Calm Mind with Hydro Pump and run Stone Edge over HP Bug to revenge kill Zard Y and Volcarona. Then use a hasty nature and have 31 ivs in Attack. If you want to run a Scarf Keldeo in the future follow this set and ofc Stone Edge can be swapped out for Icy Wind and maybe HP electric as a niche.
Yes i agree all though since Stone edge had low accuracy and is physical why not hp rock,

I got no idea what the hidden power bug on your keldeo is suposed to do for your team, when you have the likes of substitude or literally anything else.

Your team does go together pretty well to be honest, i just think there is too many popular mons in the metagame that completely demolish you, landorus, thundurus, tornados are all a threat, with the ones you posted yourself and even more. In my opinion that team won't go very high just based on the sheer low power of your team and lack of wincondition.
okay sure, That has a point but before you go and say "Lack of win Condition" ask me how much i win with this team alright?, Ive started rating battles a week a go and have 20 wins, But fair share,

Yes i agree all though since Stone edge had low accuracy and is physical why not hp rock,
I'm pretty certain hp rock won't kill either of them. Maybe zard y but definitely not volcarona at +1 SpD. That's why Stone Edge is run so you can OHKO even after one boost.

Edit: Yeah HP rock kills neither of the two so use stone edge. I really don't see the issue when ttar has the exact same "inacurrate" move

Last edited:
I'm pretty certain hp rock won't kill either of them. Maybe zard y but definitely not volcarona at +1 SpD. That's why Stone Edge is run so you can OHKO even after one boost.

Edit: Yeah HP rock kills neither of the two so use stone edge. I really don't see the issue when ttar has the exact same "inacurrate" move
K

- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Fly.

No nature in this lando ( put adamant or jolly). Also, you can put 6 evs in one defense.

Hello Marshdaddyheh, that's a pretty cool team you've got here. I would start by saying that Mega Manectric isn't a really good pokemon in this metagame and it suffers a lot from M-Lati@s, Grass-types and Gastrodon being so popular but since it was your starting point I will not remove it from your team. Overall I would say the team is quite well structured and the few weaknesses it has can be covered without changing your team too much. One big weakness your team has, though, is its matchup against Grass-types like SD Bulu and Kartana since you've got very little to break through them and double grass (bulu + kartana) is a pretty tough matchup. Here are some changes to solve those issues:

Firstly, I would like to point out some really minor tweaks that would improve your team. First off, I believe every Manectric should run Overheat over Flamethrower. Flamethrower is too weak and doesn't even allow it to OHKO Ferrothorn while Overheat allows you to actually threaten it as well as bulu. Also, I'd suggest Superpower over Earthquake on Tyranitar as it still allows it to hit Steel-types but also other Tyranitars stronger and isn't weakened by the Grassy Terrain.

->
- Even though Keldeo does give you a solid revenge killer, I feel your team doesn't really need it as it can easily fix its Volcarona matchup with some tweaks (you'll see later in my rate) and you don't really need another gren switchin since pex + bulu is pretty solid at that. On that slot, I would rather put something that can solve your issues against Grass-types which Tornadus-T does wonderfully while also providing you a defogger. The set I'm suggesting is the classic one with Hurricane | Knock Off | U-turn | Defog with Rocky Helmet as it's item.

: Removing Keldeo makes your Volcarona matchup shakier which is why I'm suggesting Payapa Berry > Black Sludge on Pex to take on Psychium Z Volcarona, as well as having a better matchup against Psychic-types such as Tapu Lele, M-Latios and M-Medicham which you can toxic (or try and scald burn). Also, I'd change its spread to 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD Calm which allows it to take High Jump Kick -> Zen Headbutt from M-Medicham while maximizing its spdef bulk.

(optional): This change is mostly up to you but I'm also suggesting SD Bulu > Assault Vest as it gives you a win condition that can become really threatening really quickly and is especially useful against Balance. It is also a more durable Ground-types check and still checks special attackers like Tapu Lele and Greninja pretty effectively. The set I'm suggesting is Swords Dance | Horn Leech | Superpower | Synthesis with a 224 HP / 216 SpD / 68 Spe Careful spread and Leftovers as its item.

Importable

Hope I helped!

Last edited:
Hello Marshdaddyheh, that's a pretty cool team you've got here. I would start by saying that Mega Manectric isn't a really good pokemon in this metagame and it suffers a lot from M-Lati@s, Grass-types and Gastrodon being so popular but since it was your starting point I will not remove it from your team. Overall I would say the team is quite well structured and the few weaknesses it has can be covered without changing your team too much. One big weakness your team has, though, is its matchup against Grass-types like SD Bulu and Kartana since you've got very little to break through them and double grass (bulu + kartana) is a pretty tough matchup. Here are some changes to solve those issues:

->
- Even though Keldeo does give you a solid revenge killer, I feel your team doesn't really need it as it can easily fix its Volcarona matchup with some tweaks (you'll see later in my rate) and you don't really need another gren switchin since pex + bulu is pretty solid at that. On that slot, I would rather put something that can solve your issues against Grass-types which Tornadus-T does wonderfully while also providing you a defogger. The set I'm suggesting is the classic one with Hurricane | Knock Off | U-turn | Defog with Rocky Helmet as it's item.

: Removing Keldeo makes your Volcarona matchup shakier which is why I'm suggesting Payapa Berry > Black Sludge on Pex to take on Psyhium Z Volcarona, as well as having a better matchup against Psychic-types such as Tapu Lele, M-Latios and M-Medicham which you can toxic (or try and scald burn). Also, I'd change its spread to 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD Calm which allows it to take a Zen Headbutt from M-Medicham while maximizing its spdef bulk.

(optional): This change is mostly up to you but I'm also suggesting SD Bulu > Assault Vest as it gives you a win condition that can become really threatening really quickly and is especially useful against Balance. It is also a more durable Ground-types check and still checks special attackers like Tapu Lele and Greninja pretty effectively. The set I'm suggesting is Swords Dance | Horn Leech | Superpower | Synthesis with a 224 HP / 216 SpD / 68 Spe Careful spread and Leftovers as its item.

Importable

Hope I helped!
I LOVE THOSE TIPS,But may i replace that 68 speed into attack? I find that amazing so it could do extra damage

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)