OM OM Grand Slam VI Playoffs - Finals [Won by aesf]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Art by lei

Hello friends! After intense battling across five opens, we are left with the top eight competitors as we begin the final rounds of Other Metagames' sixth Grand Slam! The top eight will duke it out in a best of five series of Almost Any Ability, Balanced Hackmons, Mix and Mega, NFE, and STABmons. The higher seed chooses which metagame is played first and the remaining games will use the standard "loser picks next" deciding order.

Standings
1/ xavgb
2/ aesf
3/ Quantum Tesseract
4/ The Immortal
5/ Jrdn
6/ Hamhamhamhamham
7/ Maple
8/ Chazm

The tiebreaker standings were decided based on each player's win rate, with the highest overall winrate being seeded first in the tiebreaker and so on. The higher seed chooses which metagame is played first and the remaining games will use the standard "loser picks next" deciding order.
1/ Osake (8-4) [66.7%]
2/ Maple (9-5) [64.3%]
3/ pileosand (8-5) [61.5%]
4/ Chazm (8-5) [61.5%]
Because Chazm and pileosand have the same winrate, I shuffled them to decide who got the 3rd seed.

Tiebreaker
1/ Osake vs 4/ Chazm
2/ Maple vs 3/ pileosand
Quarterfinals
1/ xavgb vs 8/ Chazm
2/ aesf vs 7/ Maple
3/ Quantum Tesseract vs 6/ Hamhamhamhamham
4/ The Immortal vs 5/ Jrdn
Semifinals
1/ xavgb vs 5/ Jrdn
2/ aesf vs 3/ Quantum Tesseract

Finals

1/ xavgb vs 2/ aesf

Replays are required. Deadline is Sunday 04/18 11:59 PM EDT.

Last edited:
Won in 3 ggs v stresh
g1 https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8balancedhackmons-1323497725
g2 https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8mixandmega-1323507297
g3 https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8almostanyability-1323516134

S/o Jrdn for the mnm team which i changed a little (mnm goat??)
For prev rounds, S/o to Andyboy for mnm xavgb for bh and nfe (sorry abt the bh game it was the only way LOL), definitely owe my earlier round success to yall.
oh and thanks to jrdn andy and TheCoastsOfToast for letting me spam yall w my games and making yall root for me.

Well that caps off a 9-0 in playoffs :o

Ive been a part of the OM community on and off for, what, 7 years by now and I had never done an OMGS (aside from like 2 ag open games) before this for whatever reason. Was gonna just do my usual thing and retire till OMPL but figured I'd enter this last second on a whim, and even though I promised myself I'd take it super easy early on I found myself wanting to win more and more the further I got. OMGS was a really good time, but I also told myself Id quit mons if I won omgs when i started so...might come back for ompl but Ive thought abt it more and I probably shouldnt, and this seems like a decent note to end on lol (altho who am i kidding ill prob be back).

e: s/o Catalystic for help w github ur the man

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)