SS OU Omastar Rain Team(could use help)

Amstan

what the flip
is a Tiering Contributor
I was looking around for cool swift swim pokemon and I remember experimenting with Omastar in NU. It can be really devastating and crushes the best rain answer I know, Volcanion.

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- U-turn
- Defog

Pelipper is just a complete stand Pelipper, set up rain for Barraskewda and Omastar to go crazy. Its physically bulky with hp and defense investment. Very standard pokemon.

Omastar @ Power Herb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shell Smash
- Meteor Beam
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Omastar is a surprisingly good pokemon for a pokemon being banned from PU. For example, after a shell smash and a meteor beam, it can 2hko blissey with surf in rain. Switch in Omastar on a wall and you basically win as it outspeeds common non-scarfed mons. Surf and Ice Beam hit essentially everything super effectively. This thing is the most fun thing to use especially because nobody expects it.

Melmetal @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 128 HP / 116 Atk / 252 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Superpower
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

Melmetal provides important utility as a Dragapult switch in as this team sucks against Dragapult. It also can hit very hard and is overall a really solid pokemon. Ice and Electric provide great coverage and double iron bash is a great overall move. Superpower allows us to hit Heatran and Ferrothorn hard on a switch in. This is useful as Ferrothorn is pretty annoying.

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog

Tornadus is using a default moveset with a standard spread. This allows you to counter buzzwole without having to risk Omastar and enabling Barraskewda to go crazy. You can also chip ferrothorn with this to further enable both rain sweepers. It also serves are hazard control as Pelipper is weak to SR and allows the rain to be up longer.

Barraskewda @ Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Close Combat
- Flip Turn
- Psychic Fangs

Barraskewda is just a standard set, Psychic Fangs is used over crunch as hitting and chipping toxapex overtime is more useful then hitting slowbro as Omastar deals with hit semi-reliably anyway. Generally, Barraskewda is the late game cleaner after Omastar weakens the pokemon Barraskewda might struggle with. This is just a standard Barraskewda.

Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Focus Blast
- Sleep Powder

I really like using Tangrowth as it is a fun physical wall to use. I prefer this over Ferrothorn as sleep and regenerator are really useful. This team lacks hazards however so that is a bit of a problem. However, this team has been working so far. Kartana and Barraskewda can never break through this though. This team is weak to those pokemon so I value that counter more.

paste:

Thank you for reading this post and please post suggestions down below!

Last edited:
Hey! Ive used a couple of rain teams in the past (my old ones were eh but im much better now lmao). Personally I saw specs omastar with hydro pump to be incredibly strong, OHKO'ing LITERALLY everything, even those with resists (usually with lower special defenses tho).

I like this team. Huge fan of Omastar. I’m not in the business of changing mons. However, I highly suggest an electric immunity. Some good options for rain are Seismitoad, Thundurus-Therian, Garchomp, or Landorus-Therian. Any ground works really.

As for Omastar, try Earth Power > Ice Beam. It hits Toxapex and Volcanion, and can at least hit other water types neutrally.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)