OMG It's a trap (Undefeated OU Offense)

Okay well It's only been a real team for like three hours, but in said time I've made it to 1400 and have yet to lose, playing some very good players, so I'd say the team's pretty damn good. I am however not here to gloat, and while I won't change this team until I lose, I don't feel it's perfect, certainly will lose soon, and would love the help of you smogonites. The basic premise of this team is to hold a hardcore offensive flow, trapping steels with Magnezone, Ghosts and psychics with Scizor, and anything else with Dugtrio, hopefully opening up an end game Mixmence sweep (Although it tends to be Scizor winning the late games for me). So without further ado, meet the team.

The team at a glance:

THE DEMOMAN

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 6 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Explosion
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic

Ahh the Demoman, while this little floating fairy may not be the most impressive member of the team, he is certainly as important as anyone else. Sets up rocks, taunting when necessary, and exploding, I don't really mind if they switch to a steel or a ghost when he explodes, because his job isn't to do damage, but rather to get up the rocks.

THE SPY

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- U-turn

Scizor is too good, I'd end it there, but that's against the RMT rules :p. If I'm bringing this out early game, it's almost always to U-turn out, scouting the opponents team, and doing a lot of damage thanks to stab and technician. Later comes in and sweeps with bullet punch, I don't really use the other two moves, but they're nice to have.

THE SOLDIER

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 176 HP/252 Atk/80 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Aqua Tail
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

T-tar is the main psychic/ghost trapper, and a beastly choice bander. To be truthful, I essentially only use crunch, pursuiting when I feel theyll flee, but it's honestly enough for this guy. He can take hits, and dish them out as hard as anything, the thing I go to when in doubt.

THE SNIPER

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Flash Cannon
- Explosion
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt

Yet another beast of a pokemon, this guy is the steel trapper, and surprisingly, an incredibly effective late game sweeper. Can come in on Draco meteors, SR set ups, Iron heads, and trap steels or wreak havok. Really helps clear the way for Mence sniping away at any hunk of metal that decides they want to mess. I like to keep this guy around even after killing a steel, either to sweep with t-bolt, or explode another threat out of the way.

THE SCOUT

Dugtrio (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 40 HP/252 Atk/216 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge
- Night Slash

While these guys have probably been the least dominant among this team, they are certainly a useful bunch, revenge killing, blissey killing, and well, just killing things low on health. The poke I'm most likely willing to adjust, If only because it's somewhat situational.

THE HEAVY

Salamence (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 84 Atk/208 Spd/216 SAtk
Mild nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Outrage

Throws around Draco Meteors after the steel has been killed, and sweeps with outrage, the other moves are meant to kill steals, but Maggys normally already accomplished that, I may keep them, but am certainly open to suggestions as to what else could be used.

And so that's it, one of the most solid teams I feel I've ever made, considering I'm much more of a UU player, but it's certainly open to change, and constructive criticism is welcome and wanted. Thanks in advance.

A short comment: As long as your using azelf with psychic and explosion as its offensive moves, why not drop psychic for zen headbutt or an elemental punch, and change the evs to attack just to get more bang out of explosion?

Why wouldn't Scizor be "The Scout?" I mean, Dugtrio is more like the Spy/Sniper if you ask me, coming in and OHKOing at random. Scizor has U-Turn (scouts more than Dugtrio), and Bullet Punch.. Which is more like a bat than a knife ;)

On Azelf, I would change the EV spread to 200 Atk/ 56 SpA/ 252 Spe. This gives Azelf 300 SpA, which is already pretty good and gives Explosion a much bigger hit (336 Atk IIRC). The only things Psychic is needed for is to OHKO Infernapes and Gengars, both of which you don't even need any EV investment to do. Lead Azelf's main attack is generally Explosion and you want it to hit as hard as possible.

For Magnezone, I would change the nature to Timid so that you can outspeed max speed Salamences and Gengars. At Modest with HP Fire, Zone has 327 speed so you won't even get the chance to hit the aforementioned pokes.

On Salamence, I'd prefer Flamethrower mostly because of its accuracy. You said you want to have a late-game sweep with it so having Fire Blast miss would really suck. And chances are, by the time you finally bring out Salamence, the opponent's team should be weaken enough that things weak against fire would be in KO range of Flamethrower anyway so Fire Blast really isn't necessary IMO.

I'd throw Sucker Punch on over Night Slash, on Dugtrio allows you to revenge kill ScarfGar, Azelf, Alakazam, and the like and severly dent all Rotom Forms, and priority is always nice. Also Technician does not boost U-Turn's power only moves with BP<60 (Less than or equal to Zero)

@Noob3 we're supposed to be rating the team on a competitive scale not an asthetic one.

For Salamence, I highly recommend you running max speed. Most other non-DD Mence are running max speed now, and you should too.

16 Atk/252 Spd/240 SpA
Naive

You can KO most Blissey with EQ and Outrage this way, or Draco+Outrage (Rocks up). It is pretty important to at least tie with opposing Zapdos and base 100s, as you will often face them.

Otherwise....its a standard team. Perhaps DDMence would be useful; trap and kill his counters, then DD up and sweep.

For MixMence, if you aren't willing to sacrifice Atk EV's to run max speed, run Naive. It will make sure you outrun other MixMence and various other threats.

I'd run Timid on Magnezone, even with a scarf. With modest nature and a scarf it ends up with a pitiful 328 Speed, which sure, is enough to outspeed max speed Scizor, Lucario, and tie with max speed MixMence with a posotive nature, but thats about it. With Timid, it ends up at 360 Speed, and a still very nice 359 Special Attack, and letting you outspeed even max speed Gyarados without a Dragon Dance.

I'd deffinently go with Sucker Punch over Night Slash on Dugtrio. It gives you priority, and even though Scizor already has Bullet Punch, a second priority is always nice.

I am of the opinion you have too much physical and not enough special attacking power. My suggestion would be to change Ttar to TyraniBoah -

Ttar@Leftovers
Sandstream Quiet
252 HP/52 Atk/176 SpA/28 Spe
Substitute
Focus Punch
Ice Beam/Flamethrower/Tbolt
Dark Pulse

Why not just put DD on Salamence drop EQ or FB preferably run EQ

DD
EQ
DM
Outrage

this is terrifying for opposing teams you just spam draco meteor mid game then late game dd and sweep it works wonders and particularly with all steels gone you will realise its full efficacy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)