Other Metagames OMOTM(Gods and followers) Mega salamence balance team

Well which mon did you liked in my RMT?

• Total voters

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!

"I wish you'd listen closer to my songs i play.Because the lyrics says the word i can't say"

Okay heres a team i am playing with and it seems to have no major problems but yeah for now,water teams "do" give a bit of trouble.Skipping my chit-chat back to the team

"Unity is strength......when there is teamwork and collaboration wonderful things can be achieved"

Team building process

I decided to build a team around mega salamence, as it seemed like an interesting pokemon. While it cannot hold an item, it is significantly faster, more powerful, and bulkier than rayquaza

I knew my team was weak to Ice, so I added a talonflame.Talonflame is also the best flying type in ou, so it wasn't a loss

With two of my pokemon flying types and more on the way, It was sensible to add a defogger.I chose skarmory because of its ability to also phase sweepers, set up hazard, and wall physically

While skarmory can handle setup, it has to be completely pristine in order to do so reliably furthermore, the moment rocks come up it cannot do a thing.Because of this, I turned to the only physical dragon with more than 100 speed= garchomp.

However, I had no way to fix mistakes.Salamence has only one chance to setup therefore,Latias was the obvious choice thanks to healing wish, it can bring back pokemon from the brink, curing status in the process

While I could revenge kill, I had no way to gain momentum.I also wanted something with an offensive prowess for that, I had only one choice-landorus

Team members

Salamence @

Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Return
- Earthquake

Salamence is a 5 star god right now, and its easy to see why. I chose it because of its incredible typing, but it's bulk has never failed to net it key setup turns. Flying+ground is amazing coverage, only missing out on Eelectross, non-mow Rotom, Skarmory, Aerodactyl, Zapdos, Thundurus and Archeops. Dragon Dance allows for Salamence to sweep entire teams, and Roost gives it the health to set up multiple times.

+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Return vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 246-291 (48.9 - 57.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery'

+2 252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Lugia: 310-366 (74.5 - 87.9%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 147-173 (44 - 51.7%) -- 69.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

-1 252 Atk Life Orb Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 80 HP / 0 Def Mega Salamence: 87-103 (24.7 - 29.3%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO

"Start by doing the necessary;then do whats possible;and suddenly you're doing the impossible"

Talonflame @

Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Talonflame is one of the best pokemon in OU, and here its back with a vengeance. With a sharp beak and a swords dance under its belt, brave bird destroys any pokemon that doesn't resist. Flare blitz is another powerful, secondary stab that hits most types that resist flying for neutral damage. Swords dance can take advantage of the many switches talonflame causes, and add a whole new level of fear to the opponents decision making, while roost can allow you to recover hp and deal with pesky Ice or Electric attacks.

+2 252 Atk Talonflame Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 324-384 (97 - 114.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Talonflame Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Dry Skin Paras: 2568-3024 (1217 - 1433.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

"You don't always have a plan.Sometimes you just need to breathe,trust, let go and see whats happens"

Garchomp @

Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 Atk / 16 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

My team was looking weak to setup sweeping and needed a strong rock and electric resist. I then turned to Garchomp, and old OU staple. With a choice scarf, Garchomp out speeds important threats like +1 Charizard-Mega-X, Thundurus, scarf Hoopa-U, and Mega Lopunny. scarf is there to punish any attempts to KO before it kits because most priority is physical.
Between earthquake and stone edge, garchomp gets perfect neutral coverage with the exception of Bronzong. Fire blast smacks that for se damage and roost Ferrothorn switching hoping to deal free damage with Iron Barbs. It also deals solid damage to skarmory. Outrage is a secondary stab to nuke things that don't resist.

16 SpA Garchomp Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 180-212 (53.8 - 63.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

240 Atk Garchomp Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-B: 390-462 (99.7 - 118.1%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

240 Atk Garchomp Outrage vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Kyurem-W: 422-500 (107.9 - 127.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

"Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go,just remeber how far have you come.Remember everything you have faced,all the battles you have won, and all the F.E.A.R you have overcome"

Skarmory @

Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 236 SpD / 24 Spe
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Toxic
- Defog

With talonflame, rocks removal is key. because of this I chose to slap Skarmory on my team. Skarmory's excellent typing and bulk allow it to almost always get of a defog, which Talonflame and Salamence greatly appreciate. Toxic is there to damage switch ins and lets Skarmory do some stall breaking. Whirlwind allows it to also act as a blanket check to setup sweeping, surviving any hit with sturdy and fazing away their boosts. roost allows for Skarmory to recover health and keep sturdy intact, while Rocky Helmet punishes the physical attackers Skarmory walls.

252+ Atk Teravolt Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Skarmory: 220-260 (66 - 78%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Turboblaze Kyurem-W Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 236+ SpD Skarmory: 271-319 (81.3 - 95.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+6 244 Atk Garchomp Outrage vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Skarmory: 291-342 (87.3 - 102.7%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

"Rumors are carried by haters,spreaded by fools and accepted by idiots"

Latias @

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

While this may not seem like it fits the team, Latias is actually one of its most important members healing wish is the crucial one- if I screw up and let Salamence get status-ed, or Talonflame gets too weak to switch in on rocks, then I can cure that in an instant. It also acts as an emergency special wall, especially for electric and fire types that threaten Skarmory. It even has an offensive presence!

"In the end,we only regret the chances we didn't take"

Landorus-Therian @

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Explosion

The last slot was mostly a tossup. I had no more pokemon I needed, but I still had this spot. Eventually, I decided on a stronger check to setup- Landorus-Therian. With Intimidate, any Dragon Dance/Swords Dance sweeper losses a lot of their teeth, and it can outspeed the slower ones. It has the wonderful edge-quake coverage, and u-turn to pivot out. While I debated knock off in the last slot, the coverage wasn't needed and my team already beats Chansey. I instead chose the power than is explosion, which can ko most things that would try to switch in and is a great way to gain momentum vs foes that can survive a u-turn and you cant afford to let stay in.

"Success is no accident.It is hard work,perseverance,learning,studying,sacrifice and most of all,Love for what you are doing."
Importable
Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Return
- Earthquake

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 Atk / 16 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 236 SpD / 24 Spe
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Toxic
- Defog

Latias @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Explosion

Kyurem-Black(Scarf) -
Scarfed kyurem is a terrible foe or this team to face on a mega mence team,it is impossible to find a mon that resist ice .SO,my only way to kill it is to keep Garchomp alive and revenge kill it.Garchomp can ko it in a hit, but be wary of switches getting locked in against a mon with ice shard.If garchomp feints, try to attempt to ko with tflame

Rayquaza(Sash):
Sash rayquaza is not a threat as such, but it can easily stop a sweep by living a hit with sash, dragon ascenting, and then finishing with espeed. As such, attampt to keep sr on the feild at all times.My third replay is a good example for it.

Rain team: Rain is a bit of a weak point for this team on one hand.Dragon resist water, but on the other hand most water types learn ice beam.These, especially kingdra can break huge holes in this team.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/gods-and-followers-omotm-january.3545230/ <----------Gods and followers thread

Well Gods and followers was the best metagame for me,it still is and always will be.:v4:.Yeah thats true :3
And finally my mistakes!!!

Poor may :P

And a warm thanks to Quantum Tesseract for helping me :)

Last edited:
This will be my first rate, so I've likely missed something. One thing I've noticed about this team is the lack of a rocks setter - Stealth rocks can be really handy, and can break sashes that would otherwise prevent a 'mence sweep. It'll help with your problem with Sash Rayquaza. The ideal Pokemon I've found to put it on is Landorus. You said it's slot was mostly a toss up, so I suggest Defensive Landorus. Defensive Landorus makes Lando's role as a sweeper check much easier, as it can tank some pretty hefty hits after an Intimidate. You also already have a scarfed Revenge Killer in Garchomp, so scarfed Landorus seems a tad redundant. Defensive Lando better lets you check the aforementioned setup sweepers as it can take more of a beating. Landorus is an effective rocks setter that checks the majority of the more commonly used hazard leads. U-turn still keeps momentum and offers more defensive utility than scarfed. It can also check Rayquaza a bit better, bar the rare Ice Beam special Ray.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Personally, and this is optional, I prefer Dragon Claw over Outrage on Garchomp, as I recall seeing many Mega Altaria, - I saw it on basically every non MegaMence Dragon team out there during the ladder period on Main (it even snuck on my Palkia team I used when I was experimenting) - who can use you as setup bait after Garchomp KOs the threat it was Outraging. However, Outrage does have a chance to net kills that DClaw can't, for example, against opposing MMence after rocks and minimal prior damage, so, again, it's optional. Whichever, I guess :)

Apart from that, I don't think there's anything immediately obvious that could be wrong with this team.

Reactions: Mq

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!
This will be my first rate, so I've likely missed something. One thing I've noticed about this team is the lack of a rocks setter - Stealth rocks can be really handy, and can break sashes that would otherwise prevent a 'mence sweep. It'll help with your problem with Sash Rayquaza. The ideal Pokemon I've found to put it on is Landorus. You said it's slot was mostly a toss up, so I suggest Defensive Landorus. Defensive Landorus makes Lando's role as a sweeper check much easier, as it can tank some pretty hefty hits after an Intimidate. You also already have a scarfed Revenge Killer in Garchomp, so scarfed Landorus seems a tad redundant. Defensive Lando better lets you check the aforementioned setup sweepers as it can take more of a beating. Landorus is an effective rocks setter that checks the majority of the more commonly used hazard leads. U-turn still keeps momentum and offers more defensive utility than scarfed. It can also check Rayquaza a bit better, bar the rare Ice Beam special Ray.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Personally, and this is optional, I prefer Dragon Claw over Outrage on Garchomp, as I recall seeing many Mega Altaria, - I saw it on basically every non MegaMence Dragon team out there during the ladder period on Main (it even snuck on my Palkia team I used when I was experimenting) - who can use you as setup bait after Garchomp KOs the threat it was Outraging. However, Outrage does have a chance to net kills that DClaw can't, for example, against opposing MMence after rocks and minimal prior damage, so, again, it's optional. Whichever, I guess :)

Apart from that, I don't think there's anything immediately obvious that could be wrong with this team.
Thanx for the rate,yeah i'll try the things you've mention above and battle you in the free time :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)