OMPL VI Discussion Thread

Sub SD metagrossite / lucarionite / lopunnite terrakion, SD metagrossite / diancite kartana, cm lucarionite / absolite keldeo, pins zygarde / zygarde-c. List goes on
psychic beats terrakion and keldeo. flamethrower beats kartana, all zygarde sets lose to charm, seriously all zygarde autolose to charm.
none of those mons can come in on blissey and win. "the list goes on" tell me and i will debunk u.

Last edited:

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
psychic beats terrakion and keldeo. flamethrower beats kartana, all zygarde sets lose to charm, seriously all zygarde autolose to charm.
none of those mons can come in on blissey and win. "the list goes on" tell me and i will debunk u.
Zygarde can literally just run substitute (188 HP means it takes 2 seismic tosses), why are you running flamethrower / psychic, how do you plan on beating any other mon?

Also Calm Mind Keld would prolly still beat bliss w/ psychic

Zygarde can literally just run substitute (188 HP means it takes 2 seismic tosses), why are you running flamethrower / psychic, how do you plan on beating any other mon?

Also Calm Mind Keld would prolly still beat bliss w/ psychic
keldeo is a problem to but its an unmon like kartana
how r u setting a substitute while frozen?
ur right about the flamethrower since kartana is an unmon and unviable

ice/charm/psychic/soft bliss

this bops the whole meta.
u could run shadow ball to if u want
stoss is also unviable on bliss dont use since there's no hax attached on to it, i guess its viable to some not me thou
what other mon blissey needs to beat? pretty sure when it freezes u it wins.

OM

It's a starstruck world
keldeo is a problem to but its an unmon like kartana
how r u setting a substitute while frozen?
ur right about the flamethrower since kartana is an unmon and unviable

ice/charm/psychic/soft bliss

this bops the whole meta.
u could run shadow ball to if u want
stoss is also unviable on bliss dont use since there's no hax attached on to it, i guess its viable to some not me thou
what other mon blissey needs to beat? pretty sure when it freezes u it wins.
Can we agree to disagree here because our points are just going to make less and less sense than it has alr

Also kartana is not an unmon are u ok

Can we agree to disagree here because our points are just going to make less and less sense than it has alr

Also kartana is not an unmon are u ok
:blobshrug: all i said was blissey is the best mon in mnm, im just stating the facts not points

u could be right about kartana because i think magearna is an unmon to

"r u ok":blobthinking: maybe

Laxpras

One small yeet for man, one giant yeet for mankind
posting this before my match to eliminate any possible interpretations that depend on my match's outcome:

I think in the future we should prevent substitutions during the last 2 days of a week. What just happened with me and consort/ham is suspect: Consort requests to play during weekend, whenever I see him on I ask him if he can play now, he continuously pushes back saying just wait till Sunday. I come on Sunday morning, and now all of a sudden I'm not playing consort, even though I just spent the entire week prepping for him. Now I have a few hours/1 day at best to prep for ham, who may have very well been prepping this whole week for me.

^ I'm going to reiterate this as my main issue here: allowing substitutions the very last day allows for a team to intentionally sub out a player on the last day to prevent the opponent from getting near adequate prep, while ensuring their own team gets the full prep time

*Also want to emphasize that I don't know if this is what happened here I'm just saying this is definitely a strategic tactic that managers can use since i guess this is allowed

not a shit post so couple tags so ppl see this The Immortal E4 Flint Chloe
yes i am setting up the opportunity to use this as an excuse if i lose haha gottem

e: lol if you're making this you're making this about my signup post: 1. durza's post was actually funny 2. the post after was either intentionally stupid or just stupid 3. they are completely separate issues 4. i thought it was made clear to drop that 5. go ahead and change rules about that too idc my point here is rules should be changed in future regarding subs

Last edited:
posting this before my match to eliminate any possible interpretations that depend on my match's outcome:

I think in the future we should prevent substitutions during the last 2 days of a week. What just happened with me and consort/ham is suspect: Consort requests to play during weekend, whenever I see him on I ask him if he can play now, he continuously pushes back saying just wait till Sunday. I come on Sunday morning, and now all of a sudden I'm not playing consort, even though I just spent the entire week prepping for him. Now I have a few hours/day at best to prep for ham, who may have very well been prepping this whole week for me.

^ I'm going to reiterate this as my main issue here: allowing substitutions the very last day allows for a team to intentionally sub out a player on the last day to prevent the opponent from getting near adequate prep, while ensuring their own team gets the full prep time

*Also want to emphasize that I don't know if this is what happened here I'm just saying this is definitely a strategic tactic that managers can use since i guess this is allowed

yes i am setting up the opportunity to use this as an excuse if i lose haha gottem
^expert on tournament ethics

I think in the future we should prevent substitutions during the last 2 days of a week. What just happened with me and consort/ham is suspect: Consort requests to play during weekend, whenever I see him on I ask him if he can play now, he continuously pushes back saying just wait till Sunday. I come on Sunday morning, and now all of a sudden I'm not playing consort, even though I just spent the entire week prepping for him. Now I have a few hours/day at best to prep for ham, who may have very well been prepping this whole week for me.

You say you're not going to play at all this ompl but do, The Consort says he will play you and doesn't... I see no difference here.

OM

It's a starstruck world

I think in the future we should prevent substitutions during the last 2 days of a week. What just happened with me and consort/ham is suspect: Consort requests to play during weekend, whenever I see him on I ask him if he can play now, he continuously pushes back saying just wait till Sunday. I come on Sunday morning, and now all of a sudden I'm not playing consort, even though I just spent the entire week prepping for him. Now I have a few hours/1 day at best to prep for ham, who may have very well been prepping this whole week for me.

Um I think what I just did might undercut this post a bit but yeah

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus

Um I think what I just did might undercut this post a bit but yeah
e: lol if you're making this you're making this about my signup post: 1. durza's post was actually funny 2. the post after was either intentionally stupid or just stupid 3. they are completely separate issues 4. i thought it was made clear to drop that 5. go ahead and change rules about that too idc my point here is rules should be changed in future regarding subs
I agree that this seems (emphasis on seems, I don't know for sure that TI did anything purposefully) like an underhanded tactic, but subbing in in the case of activity calls should not be eliminated. I am personally of the opinion that

a) we should follow the Smogon-wide standard for tournaments
and
b) my personal opinion is that the ideal solution to tactics such as are being implied here (which sorta undermine the point of OMPL) would be to allow last minute substitutions only in the case of activity calls or dead games. That way it can't come as a surprise to one team.

a is probably more important there, as I'm not sure that b actually falls in line with a, being an om vampire myself who never goes out into the light of more standard tournaments

You say you're not going to play at all this ompl but do, The Consort says he will play you and doesn't... I see no difference here.
This is totally unrelated, an issue that was supposed to die, and raising it turns this discussion into nothing more than an argument with no actual point. Please refrain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)