Tournament OMPL VI - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art by h_n_g_m_n

Welcome everyone to the sixth edition of the OM Premier League! In preparation for what is no-doubt a fun filled season of exciting battles and exciting drama, we will be taking manager applications to see who will be heading our eight teams this year!

Managers are expected to fulfill the following requirements:
  • Will be active for the entire tournament (~2 months).
  • Will fulfill all responsibilities of the position in a punctual manner, including but not limited to team submission, ensuring activity of players, and making substitutions.
  • Can be trusted to uphold sportsmanlike conduct.
If you think you've got the chops for such an enormous responsibility, please sign up! Format your post like this:

Bio: Why are you qualified for the position? Why do you think you'll be a good manager? Do you have prior experience? Those are good things to put here.
Team name: Your preferred team name. Note: Should you be chosen, it is not guaranteed that you will be allowed to use this name.
Commitment: A pledge that you will be active for the entire tournament and send your lineups on time.

You may sign up individually or as a pair of equal co-managers. If you have limited experience playing or managing in a Premier League tournament, it is recommended that you sign up with an experienced partner. Managers are not allowed to play in the tournament.

Manager signups will be open for approximately one week, after which managers will be selected, team details will be ironed out, and player signups will start.

The tier lineup this year is as follows:
  1. Bo3 USUM AG
  2. USUM AG
  3. USUM BH
  4. Bo5 USUM 1v1
  5. USUM Mix and Mega
  6. USUM Almost Any Ability

Feel free to contact one of the OM mods (The Immortal E4 Flint Chloe) if you have any questions!

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Bio: I've done this before with Pikachuun, I know how PL tournaments generally work; with experience in both this one and 1v1pl
Also I'm OM Room and denying me from managing in OMPL is like banning anyone from the OM Room from playing
Team name:

Banner by: The Diabolic Gift
Commitment: Yes lmao
Co-Manager: drampa's grandpa

Last edited:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Bio: Extensive managing experience including multiple untier focused tours such as 1v1pl, PUPL, and Smogon Exhibition, plus I co-lead the meta that you've decided to rep the shit out of.
Team name:
sketchy smeargles.png

FREE SKETCHMONS
Commitment: Yes, plus super active user: Leru will be my comanager

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
Bio: I've won every OMPL I've ever managed in. I've participated in multiple premier leagues and team tournaments to mild success.
Team name:
ecstatic_escargots-1.png

(will replace when I have a better idea)
Commitment: I can't go without this site, I've tried.

MAMP

MAMP!
Bio: Managed a team in the BH Snake Draft and I did good, participated in OMPLs 2, 3, and 4, also I'm really cool and everyone likes me lots
Team name: BIG BOOTY CELESTEELA (alternatively: The Tenta
1526698880868.png
s)
Commitment: yes sir

Last edited:

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Bio: Hi im kris
also im very good at managing; i managed for team europe for 1v1 wcop and won the one and only time there was 1v1wcop

I've won every WCo1v1 I've ever managed in. I've participated in multiple roomtours and other roomtours to mild success.
Team name:
(choice band darmanitans) name pending btw
Commitment: yea ig

btw vivalospride is ass (and also the comanager for the CB DARMs xD!)

Last edited:

power

uh-oh, the game in trouble
DEG and I are managing together; not a whole lot to say but deg is very experienced and has managed in ompl a bunch before, including the Untitled Unfezants in last year’s OMPL. He also leads one of the tiers in this OMPL. We’re both very active and committed.

DEG and me
Metro Boomin Mega Rays
TI rejected the Metrosexual Mega Rays :pirate:

Last edited:
Bio: Why are you qualified for the position? When it comes to experience, I may not have much. Participated in OMPL V and had some experience in OMGS, but overall most of my experience comes from roomtours and clearly, the OM room has recognized my performance. I am particularly dedicated to scouring around for helpful tips that some of my more inexperienced players may need, and I am always happy to suggest teambuilding changes / create builds myself. I know who's good and who pairs well with eachother and have an idea of who relates well with who, knowing who to not sign up if I've already picked someone that doesn't get along well. Regardless of that, I can make exceptions if needed.
Team name: Terrifying Terrakions (sorry MnM mains, Terrak is our description for the meta)
Commitment: Commitment? I'm dedicated practically every day of the week. Having some of the highest activities of most OM staff, I'm pretty sure I can dedicate that time entirely to sorting out lineups, fixing teams, and getting everything done on time. If I can't get it done as soon as possible? Work on it to improve knowledge - either polish up a team, or note down more of how a player can play against them.

Last edited:
Bio: I've recently gained some experience participating in various premier leagues to a degree of success. I'm a notorious tryhard when it comes to team tours and I dedicate a ton of time to them, probably too much time in fact. I assembled the OMFL Winning Off-Topic Octilleries last year, a team which was arguably better than some of the actual OMPL teams that year. I've been involved with the OM community for about 2 years now, and have played every metagame represented in this tour seriously at some point during that time, with the exception of BH, which I still have casually played. This experience across the board makes me an ideal candidate for a manager who understands the various tiers and metagames, and sets me apart from some managers who don't play all the metagames. My co-manager will be the lovely Snaquaza, who was a former Pet Mods/Submissions moderator, created multiple OMs and has had like 8 OMOTMs chosen, was an OM Roommod, hosted an OM server, and managed the second place team back in OMPL 2.

Team name:

Commitment: You know it.

Betathunder

alphalightning
Bio: I have been an active member in the Other Metas community for the past 3.5-4 years (as well as roomvoice), as well as STABmons tier leader for the past year. That being said, I have participated in various OMPLs, as well as other Premier Leagues. With the experience I have accumulated a wealth of knowledge on the metagames being played, and I personally feel that I can effectively command a team and guide players to victory.
Team Name: Stinky Skunkies
Commitment: Of course. (Have I ever disappeared before?)
Co-managing with me will be experienced tournament player and global voice Cam

Last edited:

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Ngl these names suck. May I recommend some better ones?
Dainty Drampas
Distinguished Drampas
Dastardly Drampas
Do bop shee doo Drampas
Dapper Drampas
Darling Drampas
Dwhy isnt Stabmons in OMPL Drampas
Dazzling Drampas
Don't mess with the Drampas
Da Drampas
Didgeridoo-Drawing Drampas
Dabbing Drampas
Exception to the rule Excadrills
Darrrling Drampas (3 r's this time)
Dwight D DEisenhower Drampas
Dumbledore Dies Drampas
Delicious Drampas (mm mm good)

There should be enough for everyone there.
Bio: I've done this before with Pikachuun, I know how PL tournaments generally work; with experience in both this one and 1v1pl
Also I'm OM Room and denying me from managing in OMPL is like banning anyone from the OM Room from playing
Team name:

Banner by: The Diabolic Gift
Commitment: Yes lmao
Co-Manager: drampa's grandpa
Ok this is the actual reason for my post. I'm not sure if I have to fill this out too so I will.
Bio: This will be my first time as a manager, but I have participated in OMPL in the past on a successful team (go Blisseys except not this time), and know the om community well. I've run a couple forum tours, and will be partnered with someone who's managed before and knows the ropes. I'm also om roomauth if that counts for anything.
Team name: see om rooms post
Commitment: I've been literally the most active person in the om room for months. It's not commitment, it's addiction. Send help.
Co-Manager: OM room

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Bio: Hey people, Durza invited me to be his comanager if he got chosen and wanted me to post here, so I will. I've managed in OMPL before and got our team to a good second place (probably lost because of hax, to be honest) and would like to avenge my old team. Also Durza is a mate I can't let down. I've not been in OMs much for a while, but it'd be cool to check you all out if I got the chance as well. If we actually get chosen and it's fun and all I may actually return so we'll see. I love creating metagames, and have always mostly focused on that. Was part of the submission squad at some point, and moderated Pet Mods though that wasn't really my area of expertise at all. Got a lot of OMotMs and still love some of the metas. Partners in Crime actually got me playing last year and I'm really hoping it'll win again, it was so much fun.

Personally, in the major OMs I mostly used to play AAA, and I'm glad to see that it's still returning unlike its sister tier STABmons. I love the creativity there. Sadly I was chosen to be on the analysis QC team pretty much the day I quit though. Would've loved to do that a while before. Other than that I have / had a lot of friends in BH / AG / 1v1 / General OM communities and it'd be cool to reconnect with them. Honestly I miss some of you.

I've also managed for PSPL if that counts for anything.

Besides of course trying to win, I think it's important to have a nice atmosphere in the team. Make sure to work together, and build up a vibe that everyone enjoys, so that even if we wouldn't win, everyone would've had a good time and that it'd be a team to remember.

Commitment: I'm always on PS, of course I would make sure to pick everything in time. Besides that, I've managed before (though I had to let my co-manager do it for a few weeks that time, because I was leaving for holiday without internet), but don't be afraid, my holiday of only 1 midweek will have wi-fi this time!

(PS: I know this isn't the place for it, but I'm glad MnM became a permanent ladder, it's such an amazing OM as well, and I've enjoyed playing that probably as much as AAA, though I did it during an OMotM period so couldn't play it as much.)

Shoutout if you actually remember me, hope to see you soon!

dom

Banned deucer.
a bit annoyed my "in" post got deleted so i'll do this for semi-realsies

Bio: Why are you qualified for the position?
i've played and managed in team tours before. i know how they work. i have been in a decent amount of pls and have managed and drafted. yeet. i'm also extra close with the om community and to say im familiar with 1v1 is an understatement.
Team name:

Commitment:
prolly yea
co manager: voltdarkrai or something i'll figure it out EDIT: The Excadrill

Last edited:
Despite all the support from many people, a proven and responsible co-manager in Snaq, and my beliefs that I have proven that I can handle myself professionally in a setting like this, I've been told I won't be picked as a manager regardless of anything that I've proved in multiple other settings.

I'll be withdrawing my manager signup, and giving my co-manager spot to Jrdn to continue co-managing with Snaq. Go get 'em man. :blobthumbsup:

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Bio: Hey people, Durza invited me to be his comanager if he got chosen and wanted me to post here, so I will. I've managed in OMPL before and got our team to a good second place (probably lost because of hax, to be honest) and would like to avenge my old team. Also Durza is a mate I can't let down. I've not been in OMs much for a while, but it'd be cool to check you all out if I got the chance as well. If we actually get chosen and it's fun and all I may actually return so we'll see. I love creating metagames, and have always mostly focused on that. Was part of the submission squad at some point, and moderated Pet Mods though that wasn't really my area of expertise at all. Got a lot of OMotMs and still love some of the metas. Partners in Crime actually got me playing last year and I'm really hoping it'll win again, it was so much fun.

Personally, in the major OMs I mostly used to play AAA, and I'm glad to see that it's still returning unlike its sister tier STABmons. I love the creativity there. Sadly I was chosen to be on the analysis QC team pretty much the day I quit though. Would've loved to do that a while before. Other than that I have / had a lot of friends in BH / AG / 1v1 / General OM communities and it'd be cool to reconnect with them. Honestly I miss some of you.

I've also managed for PSPL if that counts for anything.

Besides of course trying to win, I think it's important to have a nice atmosphere in the team. Make sure to work together, and build up a vibe that everyone enjoys, so that even if we wouldn't win, everyone would've had a good time and that it'd be a team to remember.

Commitment: I'm always on PS, of course I would make sure to pick everything in time. Besides that, I've managed before (though I had to let my co-manager do it for a few weeks that time, because I was leaving for holiday without internet), but don't be afraid, my holiday of only 1 midweek will have wi-fi this time!

(PS: I know this isn't the place for it, but I'm glad MnM became a permanent ladder, it's such an amazing OM as well, and I've enjoyed playing that probably as much as AAA, though I did it during an OMotM period so couldn't play it as much.)

Shoutout if you actually remember me, hope to see you soon!
Reposting this to say that I'm now managing with Jrdn.

Now this part is also needed, we decided to keep the same name.

Team Name:

Bio: I won OMPL IV alongside my co-managers Chloe and Zen Headbutt's flinch chance and performed respectably (2nd, 3rd, 4th) in the other three OMPLs I participated in. I put way too much effort into callout posts and make tryhard predictions that people either enjoy or use as bulletin-board material to build up motivation to defeat their opponents (I'm looking at you, yoman5)... so I suppose I'm having a net-positive effect on the quality of play in OMPL overall. Plus, with the addition of 1v1, there's now another OM in the picture that I actually lead and play on a regular basis (depending on whom you ask). Co-manager for this year tbd, and I got permission to potentially select one after the initial managerial decisions are made.

Team name:

absol-mega (1).gif
absol-mega.gif
The Absentee Absols
absol-mega.gif
absol-mega (1).gif

(highlight for a surprise!)
Commitment: In terms of activity alone, I cannot hope to compete with some of these young'uns, but it's summer, plus I always put a lot of effort into these things, plus I hope to add a co-manager (see above).

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Bio: Spent two years in a row successfully managing OMPL and it seems this community wants me to manage again. Hope I don't fail anyone.
Team name:

Commitment: I will give a virtual cookie to whoever can remember a single day I wasn't on Showdown since I joined.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)