Tournament OMPL VIII - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus

Art by AmirAlexander

Hello everyone! We are pleased to announce that manager signups for OMPL VIII are now open. If you would like to manage, please read the following details before signing up.
  • There are 8 teams and each team will have one manager.
  • Managers are required to participate in the auction to draft their players.
  • They will assign one assistant manager from their drafted players, either during the auction (so they can bid) or after it.
    • Don't post who you plan to have as an assistant, unless you want other managers to upbid that player to death.
  • Managers must select the lineup for the week, and send it to me before the week starts. This has been an issue on occasion in past OMPLs, so if you don't think you can do this for the duration of OMPL VIII (it's honestly not that complicated), do not sign up.
  • Managers are responsible for their team's behavior. Make sure members of your team are abiding by the rules and remain active.
  • Managers are expected to facilitate substitutions when necessary.
  • Managers will be allowed to purchase themselves as players for their team for a fixed price of 16k.
If you can commit for the next two months, go ahead and sign up with your prospective team name and what makes you a good choice for manager. Managers will be decided within one week.

SS Balanced Hackmons
SS Mix and Mega
SS Almost Any Ability
SS STABmons
SS NFE
SS Camomons

Last edited:
As a 3 time failure of getting drafted on a team, I have decided to on the 400 iq play of attempting manage my own team instead :psysly: .

Jokes aside, I want to signup under the name :

Tumultous Toxtricities

Despite my tendency to meme, I am quite mature, and reasonable when given the opportunity(I just sadly was more idiotic the beginning of this year). I have alse been apart of the om community since 2017 and its been an enjoyable ride and I hope this ompl can be just as enjoyable if not more so than the last few.

Coming back with the Bedroom Blisseys.

Reasons why I'm a much better choice than TI:
  1. I'm not nearly as corrupt. I guarantee I won't rig the tournament format!
  2. I'm 9.6x as friendly as TI, as scientifically measured by number of :blobglare:s posted. This will help me to form strong bonds with my team and increase their motivation.
  3. I'm an experienced USUM BH player. Since USUM BH is not in the tourney this will give me a huge advantage because I'll have exceptional knowledge of the player base and as such will be able to avoid accidentally drafting gen 7 players by mistake.
  4. I'm not a secret Toxtricity furry.
  5. I'll give you my final reason but it'll take 25-30 minutes .

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Unfortunately I'm going to withdraw my manager signup. Due to some IRL stuff making the next couple months a volatile time for me I'd rather participate in OMPL in a way that is slightly less all-engaging and demanding. I'm not going away by any means but I'm just not sure whether I can commit to a managerial level of attention to the tournament.
I'm not going to delete my original signup post specifically because I'm thirsty for likes and I'm not too shy to admit it.

tagging Ransei OM (yes surprise my super secret co-manager) The Immortal

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Unfortunately I'm going to withdraw my manager signup. Due to some IRL stuff making the next couple months a volatile time for me I'd rather participate in OMPL in a way that is slightly less all-engaging and demanding. I'm not going away by any means but I'm just not sure whether I can commit to a managerial level of attention to the tournament.
I'm not going to delete my original signup post specifically because I'm thirsty for likes and I'm not too shy to admit it.

tagging Ransei OM (yes surprise my super secret co-manager) The Immortal
Damn. I really gotta do this huh. Sad.

Signing up to manager the Temper Tyrantrums. Good luck. Tyrantrums RAWR.

xavgb

:xavgb:
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
In.

Signing up to manage the 2 ply Bonslys (S/O Pigeons for the name)

1585670218741.png
1585670221859.png
1585670229098.png
1585670232548.png
1585670235520.png
1585670239286.png

1585670245348.png
1585670248347.png
1585670252181.png
1585670255255.png
1585670258199.png
1585670261557.png

1585670266291.png
1585670269306.png
1585670272591.png
1585670276310.png
1585670285431.png
1585670288903.png

:xavgb: aside, I managed in CAPPL last year and came second due to some unfortunate hax in finals. As for OM experience I'm one of the most active players this generation and I am very familiar with most of the playerbases which I believe makes me a good choice for the manager spot.

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Announcement:

All of the initial managers who will be drafting this year have been decided! They are as listed below:

xavgb
The Immortal
SBPC
Jrdn
Chazm
Funbot28
Catalystic
OM

[Team names are subject to change]

Congratulations to all of you for making it into the OMPL VIII management position! Anyone else may still have a chance upon signing up and getting drafted. Player signups will be open shortly.
There has been a change in our chosen managers.
Chloe > The Immortal

xavgb
Chloe
SBPC
Jrdn
Chazm
Funbot28
Catalystic
OM

Congratulations to Chloe and once again congratulations to the rest of our chosen managers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)