Tournament OMPL Week Five

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Activity; my opp hasnt responded to my last responce (see his wall) and i definitely cant play tomorrow and today i doubt i will be in any position to fight

Activity; my opp hasnt responded to my last responce (see his wall) and i definitely cant play tomorrow and today i doubt i will be in any position to fight
Literally no one has played from the Kois vs Snubbull's match, why not just ask for an extension lol.

EV

Banned deucer.
Literally no one has played from the Kois vs Snubbull's match, why not just ask for an extension lol.
He's just doing his due diligence. Hollywood can extend as necessary but I think the rest of the matches are scheduled. I don't want any flips, though.

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Reactions: Ren

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
Why do the rules change when it's your team? In any case grurk told us that you had something set up for today since you were the one unavailable for the previous two days?
kinda playing "devils advocate" here, but on grurks profile, KS clearly said he was free mon, wed, and fri, and in responce grurk said "let it happen naturally" this was on sunday, and the fact he said "dude chill" kind of implys he has been edging grurk on for the match quite a few times(this has no proof so its more of a "noteworthy thing" then a "fact". if anything, this convo technically implies grurk is the "inactive" one, as KS actually gave times for grurk to play, and yet grurk just shrugged it off rather then giving his own time/asking for a specific time. but this is all from looking at his profile. but at the same time, better to rely on evidence backed statements, then a claim. so unless grurk has a snapshot of the convo in which kingslayer agreed to a challenge at a certain time, grurk is kind of the "suspicious" one in this scenario.

again, devils advocate, but felt like throwing it out there.

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
I get you don't want to do flips because it's the last week and all, but you shouldn't make any special case for one week compared to the rest. People have a specific timeframe to get their matches done and tbh a week is plenty of time to build, test and get one game in. It sucks if flips will decide who goes to finals but tbh if you're doing this right, you should either be able to claim activity or you should be asking to be subbed out. Extensions are really only needed if say the only day you can play is right after the deadline, or irl circumstances meant you had to miss the scheduled time and there was nothing to be done about it.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Can I ask for an extension? While I didn't reply to anty's late response (I swear Smogon didn't notify me of it), I have been online on PS! as often as I could and I haven't seen him on. This is definitely due to timezones though, which has been very tricky for me since my travel to Peru (timezones are all fuged up). I would hate for our battle to end with a flip or a john ;_;

Why do the rules change when it's your team? In any case grurk told us that you had something set up for today since you were the one unavailable for the previous two days?
As Eevee pointed out, Anty was just doing his due diligence. It's up to Hollywood give extensions. And Grurk has not arranged anything with me today. I can't be on everyday 24/7 hoping he comes on.
kinda playing "devils advocate" here, but on grurks profile, KS clearly said he was free mon, wed, and fri, and in responce grurk said "let it happen naturally" this was on sunday, and the fact he said "dude chill" kind of implys he has been edging grurk on for the match quite a few times(this has no proof so its more of a "noteworthy thing" then a "fact". if anything, this convo technically implies grurk is the "inactive" one, as KS actually gave times for grurk to play, and yet grurk just shrugged it off rather then giving his own time/asking for a specific time. but this is all from looking at his profile. but at the same time, better to rely on evidence backed statements, then a claim. so unless grurk has a snapshot of the convo in which kingslayer agreed to a challenge at a certain time, grurk is kind of the "suspicious" one in this scenario.

again, devils advocate, but felt like throwing it out there.
I would like to point out this is the only day we have been in contact. We also spoke on Showdown but Grurk did not
indicate when he wished to play.

Last edited:

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
it's the last round before finals, I'm not flipping or giving activity unless I absolutely have to. just get your damn matches done. -_-

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
confirming. why did i replace surf with seed flare on latios #1? ;-; possibly could've won...ah well,hindsight is 20/20.
ggwp flint.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/almostanyability-248223166

won. got lucky with all my focus blasts hitting but the game was really clean. gg.

i unfortunately am out of touch with the om community so i cant really give any shoutouts, but i will s/o Nani Man for picking me up and letting me play. it was a fun experience, even if we didnt make playoffs.

and even though everyone hates him shoutouts to Monte Cristo for helping me week two when i had no idea of how to build for aaa.

Compiled W/Ls:
Balanced Hackmons:
Zygardes:

Overall: 4/1
Heisenerg: 4/1
Blisseys:
Overall: 2/3
TheCommadore: 1/2
highlighter: 1/1
Charizards:
Overall: 3/1
Dream Eater Gengar: 1/0
TTer: (still has to battle) 2/1
Snubbuls:
Overll: 1/4
omnisc: 0/1
ready2go202: 0/1
I wuv you: 1/2
Kois:
E4 Flint: 2/3
Lopunnies:
Overall: 3/2
Mamp: 3/2

Almost Any Ability:
Zygardes:

Overall: 1/3
jeran: 1/3 (still has to battle)
Blisseys:
Overall: 3/1
motherlove: (still has to battle) 3/1
Charizards:
-Clone-: 2/0
Monte Cristo: 0/3
Snubbuls:
Overall: 2/2
The Reptile: (still has to battle) 0/3
omnisc: 2/0
Kois:
Overall: 5/0
Anty: (still has to battle) 2/0
grurk: 2/0
insanelegend: 1/0
Lopunnies:
Overall: 1/4
Pagoose: 0/1
Imanalt: 0/1
Raseri: 0/1
Tricking: 1/1

STABmons
Zygardes:

Kit Kasai: 1/2
Illusio: 0/2
Blisseys:
Lcass4919: 3/2
Charizards:
Zewwok: 3/2
Snubbuls:
ellipse: 3/2
Kois:
Kl4ng: 4/1
Lopunnies:
Mambo: 1/2
Pagoose: 0/2

Tier Shift:
Zygardes:

Adrian Marin BH: 3/1
FishInABox: 0/1
Blisseys:
Overall: 5/0
Knight of Cydonia: 5/0
Charizards:
Deathly ♛The King: 3/2
Snubbuls:
Kingslayer2779: 1/4
Kois:
grurk: 1/0
insanelegend: 2/2
Lopunnies:
Overall: 0/5
Peef Rimgar: 0/2
innovamania: 0/2
Mambo: 0/1

Monotype:
Zygardes:

Articuno I: 3/2
Blisseys:
Freeroamer: 3/0
Anttya: 1/1
Charizards:
Arifeen: 2/3
Snubbuls:
n64lord: 3/2
Kois:
DarkeKnight: 1/4
Lopunnies:
Gyarad0s: 2/0
Mambo: 0/1
Raseri: 0/1
Jack Dalton: 0/1

Please let me know if I missed anything!

Last edited:

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
That's really interesting picc! Just to let you know though, BIAF's name on Smogon is FishInABox, and DTK has that weird crown thing so you have to do @ Deathly then click on his name to get Deathly ♛The King n_n

KoC, DEG, Gyarad0s, Anty, Grurk, FREEROAMER, and Clone

Good job on figuring that all out lol musta taken a while :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)