===========
one kiss
===========

ultra sun & moon monotype
----------------------------------------------------------------------
1522272626526.png
===
introduction

hi, im roman and this is my first rmt since joining smogon about a year ago. ive always loved using balance in monotype and after using types like water, normal, and steel extensively i decided to try out dark. it doesnt mean much, but i managed to peak the monotype ladder and am still going up on my alt "i love armie" with 1857 elo and 86.9 gxe. i hope u guys enjoy my take on balanced dark!!!

===
teambuilding process

i basically started out w/ the generic defensive core of mandibuzz + tyranitar + m sableye, which is pretty self explanatory. i've been experimenting a lot with taunt roost LO hydreigon which helps immensely against types like steel, water, flying etc that dark can struggle with. it also provides some sort of a water resist which is always nice n-n. then i added gren for speed control which was pretty important to rk or at least force out attackers like mega lopunny and x. it's also really helpful in the dragon and flying matchups which is really helpful. finally, i tossed on something that i think is really underrated and amazing, curse recycle muk. it's just really amazing for the fairy matchup and basically flat out wins unless they crit, which is usually happens but whatever lol.

===

powergirl (Mandibuzz) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Foul Play
- Defog
- U-turn

pretty generic mandi set, maxed out defenses with some spe so that you can revenge kill bdrum azu w/ foul play. i usually run taunt or toxic but u-turn is amazing for shits like zapdos, mantine, and toxapex that think they can come in against mandi and click defog / tspikes freely. i rarely click fog because m sab is amazing hazard control but it's still good so it's on there. u can run lefties on mandi but rh is fantastic at chipping annoying things like mega scizor and mega lop.

===

chanel (Hydreigon) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Taunt
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor

i saw eien and zuku using this in some tour so i decided to steal it and it's honestly amazing. taunt roost heavily improves your matchup against things dark normally autoloses to like suicune etc. taunt is p amazing so that you can keep rocks up against defoggers like zap and mantine and annoys shits like chansey, toxapex etc that are trying to gain an advantage w/ hazards. u can probably swap lo for dark plate or zmove, those are both great as well since u can more easily bluff choice.

===

my boy (Tyranitar) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Toxic

normal ttar but tect improves your matchup against those really annoying, aggressive players that try doubling things like cb diggersby and specs keldeo in which is really nice, fuck you guys lol. sr is probably the best move in the game and is really important against types like dragon and ground. stone edge lets u check big threats like volc and toxic is toxic lol.

===

broken clocks (Sableye) @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Protect

mega sableye completes the defensive core and is mad important so you don't fold to a bunch of stuff and helps force prediction with choiced pokes like diggersby and heracross. beating a ton of hazard setters is amazing, too. knock wisp and recover are self explanatory and tect is there for the same reason that it's on ttar except with msab it also lets you freely mega evolve turn1 so that you can more readily abuse magic bounce.

===

saved (Greninja) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot

choice scarf greninja (or any speed control) is so important so that you can force out all the things the dark core struggles as fuck against like mlop, x, and x. spikes + taunt hydrei is really nice vs defensive cores you find on types like poison and normal and helps pressure threats like suicune. gunk shot hits those annoying fairy-types like koko and bulu and ice beam is amazing against dragon and flying, cleaning both of those types really nicely.

===

buzzcut season (Muk-Alola) @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Curse
- Recycle

u basically just beat the current standard fairy. its also amazing against elec and can set up and win lategame if ur opp is dumb enough to play carelessly with stuff like golem. not much else to say about this lol.

===
threatlist

choice specs + rocks up is really hard to play around but thankfully msab beats swampert and cobalion pretty nicely. you completely fold to cm though lol

p much ruins dark, especially with rocks up. you usually gotta try to chip it with mandi really badly so that it dies with spikes + rocks later on

subcm is wack as fuck to play against, u pretty much gotta chip it like crazy with hazards or try to get hydrei positioned well against it

just uturns on mandi and if rocks are up this cycle of things gets annoying since the steel player goes tran and forces mandi out every time.

not that bad but all of these are annoying as fuck

just annoying wallbreakers like cb bulu / dnite, specs koko, specs mag etc etc that can be hard to play around

===
shoutouts

keeping this short because im lazy lol

Stan Soojung probably my favorite person on this site and s/o for making this rmt so pretty xoxo

Haaku. Decemm Notily psychest aGroove
my favorite ppl that i have known since forever ^

A Cake Wearing A Hat amazing nice gp person that helps me with everything and deserves more recognition and badges and needs a namechange asap.

actually s/o to entire gp team for being amazing and working so hard lol

(mostly) cute people that i look up to and love
passion zizalith Nat vivalospride Rakan perry cyanize EviGaro allstarapology Amane Misa HNBL teachable yogibears dom Lixx EricSaysHi mofro5 Many @slurmz lol Attribute <- mostly good taste MCVPodge truedrew avocado rau smub i love smub

fgo squad
Moosical ;^) Omega-Xis Eien Acast <- amazing taste 6ti

Quantum Tesseract Seo. The Excadrill I LOVE YOU

s/o to entire ru and monotype discords thank u for putting up with me lol

if i forgot you im sorry (or not)

===
replays (bugged for mobile users)

1522272436194.png 1522272452881.png

===
conclusion

thank u for reading!!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)