SS OU Only Gen8 Team

Hello,
I'm new in this kind of team making.
I want only use the new Pokemon inclusive the Galar forms.
It's my first time to build the team:

Dragapult @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 236 HP / 20 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute
- Dragon Pulse

Dragapult have a big movepool, I dont know how I should use him. :) But I think, in combination with Will-O-Wisp the move Hex will doubled the damage, is a good combination. Substitute for protect, because it has low Defense point. Dragon Pulse is a strong STAB move. Dragon Dart would be maybe stronger, but its not a Special Attack move. Leftovers is the Item I would give him, but Grimmsnarl have it too... so, which of these two Pokemon should have the Leftovers?

Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Mirror Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Body Press
- Roost
- Taunt

Corviknight is like a Tank with Roost to heal himself. Taunt for only attack moves and in combination with Rocky Helmet the opponent get damage. Iron Head is a strong STAB move and Body Press is good against Rock, Steel, Ice and Dark types. Mirror Armor reflect status sinking moves on opponent.
I think about, if I should remove Taunt for U-Turn? If a Fire Pokemon on the enemy side show up, maybe is U-Turn better?

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Atk / 136 SpD
Careful Nature
- Darkest Lariat
- Spirit Break
- Bulk Up
- Substitute

Substitute and Bulk Up goes faster with the ability Prankster to save itself and push it up. Then go in attack mode with Darkest Lariat and Spirit Break as STAb moves. Personally I think Darkest Lariat is better than False Surrender. I dont know what kind of Item it should have... Leftovers is not the best choice, I think? Dragapult have the Item too.

Darmanitan-Galar @ Choice Band
Ability: Gorilla Tactics
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- U-turn

With Choice Band stacked the ability for its attack. I think, its a Sweeper?
Earthquake attacks often Steel Pokemon. U-Turn for switch on unlucky opponent.
Icicle Crash is STAB and Darmanitan would be a good Wallbreaker?

Toxtricity @ Assault Vest
Ability: Punk Rock
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Overdrive
- Boomburst
- Sludge Wave
- Volt Switch

I think it is a good special attacker on Fairy and Water types. With his ability the sound moves are stronger. Assault Vest for its special defense for more survival. I dont think the Item Black Sludge is better. I thought about the Throat Spray, but I dont know how much more damage would make it.

Dracovish @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Outrage

In combination with Strong Jaw, the bite attacks are strong and good. Fishious Rend can doubled damage if it attacks first or the opponent switch out, but with the Choice Scarf, maybe it can often attacks first. Crunch for Physic and Ghost types, Psychic Fangs for Wallbreak and Poison and Fighting types. Outrage is a strong STAB move.

Can I play like that team? Two Leftovers is not good, I know, but I don't know, which Item I should use... :)
I hope you can help me! :)

Last edited:
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this. If you need help with the explanations, you can visit the OU forum and look at the individual pokemon threads for help.

unlocked

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)