SM OU Open for recommendations

So here is my team
https://pokepast.es/b06f5fbed97162e4
the idea behind this team is use the abilty emergency exit to give a free turn to hawlucha, im near to 1600 but the thing is that whenever i tried to reach 1600 this team it just cant, so, i apreciate any recommendations or changes to this team, i really like it
(I speak spanish, so, sorry if there is an ortographic error jeje)

Tapu Koko @ Magnet
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Nature's Madness
- Defog
Tapu koko is the defogger of the team and terrain setter for hawlucha, it has naturess madness for lure in landorus therian, maggearna, tangrowht and some other deffensive pokemon, i have to say that this atack works very well but the object doesnt convice me. The spread is very simple.

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 96 HP / 248 Atk / 36 SpD / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Roost
Hawlucha is the late game sweeper, it works very well and i put one point more in speed to outspeed other hawluchas jeje, is very simple and it works.

Golisopod @ Assault Vest
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Atk / 76 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- First Impression
- Sucker Punch
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
So, here is the lure of the team, Golisopod, in battle this pokemon works very well, first impresion is for pressure dark and psychic types like M-Greninja and Alakazam, and i know sucker punch is redundant, but is for surprise the enemy like opposing alakazam or weak things that think it outspeed me, finally the leech life its for tapu lele, cause this team have problems with that pokemon if hawlucha doesnt boost. With the given evs its get 3hko by M-greninja and hit back with leech life, and 0 speed it secure me for the trick rooms team and out speed A-Marowak under trick room. The hability of Golissopod it helps me to give a free turn for hawlucha and also dont being KO by M-Greninja or kyurem.

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
The hard hitter of the team, This pokemon it resist things, but in moments that i need it , it doesnt, i think that this pokemon should change, cause in battle doesnt shine that much wath i expected, so pls help

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 44 Def / 108 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Roost
The anti-stall pokemon of my team, this pokemon allows me to beat chansey and also beat toxapex in 1v1, also is the hazzard setter of the team, i compacct this roll and is the unique pokemon that i found, sometime it works, but in other, simply take a hit and die or dont do anithing except of set the hazards, so, any change i would aprecciete.

Blacephalon @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 236 HP / 20 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
My team need a special sweeper, cause i have 4 phisical atacckers, so i put blacephalon, this set is a "lure"set (I know is in smogon, but i used before being submitted), i tricked mi opponents cause they think im scarf, and put a substitute, and i also can beat chansey, skarm sableye, cause chansey cannot touch me and at +6 i 2hko.
So here it is

I'm nobody, so take my advice however you like

-when you pay 1600s, which specific pokemons are giving you the most trouble? Substitute the mons for a counter and see how you do. triall and error then repeat

-I would do my best to avoid having more than 1 sd mons, so probably substitute that

Recommendations:

Changes (Sets)
Item: Leftovers <--- Magnet
EVs: 20 HP / 252 SpA / 20 SpD / 216 Spe
20 EVs in both HP and SpD let's you avoid getting 2HKOed by Mega Latios after Rocks, 216 in Speed and a Timid Nature let's you be faster than Weavile.
Roost <--- Nature's Madness
Leftovers & Roost let's you regain health, since you need Koko alive during most of the match.

- Thunder Punch <--- SD
- Ice Punch <--- Knock Off
- Fire Fang <--- Sucker Punch
The AoA set has more stallbreaking potential than the SD set, thanks to it's superior coverage options (TPunch is mainly for Moltres & Pyukumuku, Ice for Zapdos & Gliscor, and Fang for the occasional Steel type).

- Toxic <--- Taunt
Toxic let's you put under a timer a lot of mons that Gliscor cannot hit otherwise, like Zapdos, Landorus-T, Tornadus-T, Grass Types, Gyarados, you name it. Make sure that you use Toxic as they switch out, or at they Defogging your Rocks.
232 EVs on HP garantees that you can make 4 substitutes instead of three, which is a very useful tool to have in most cases. To avoid boosting your SpA on kills, put the remaining 4 EVs on Defense.
- Flamethrower <--- Fire Blast.
Extra PPs and accurasy, since the extra power isn't really necessary after a couple of boosts.

Changes (Mons)
<---

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
Ferrothorn is often a superior option over Golisopod thanks to it's better typing, better ability and superior natural Special Bulk. Gyro Ball dents Psychic- and Fairy types, while Power Whip is a great tool against Water types (as long it doesn't misses). It's cool defensive synergy with Gliscor is another good point for it.
<---

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Low Kick
Scarf Greninja is a cool anti-offensive option for some teams, as long you don't lock yourself on the wrong move. Some of it's feats are successfully revenge killing Kartana, +1 Volcarona, having high chances of killing +1 Gyarados after rocks and Mega Alakazam. The best part? It also works as a fast pivot, often bringing on things that MMaw naturally has good matchups against.

I
Recommendations:

Changes (Sets)
Item: Leftovers <--- Magnet
EVs: 20 HP / 252 SpA / 20 SpD / 216 Spe
20 EVs in both HP and SpD let's you avoid getting 2HKOed by Mega Latios after Rocks, 216 in Speed and a Timid Nature let's you be faster than Weavile.
Roost <--- Nature's Madness
Leftovers & Roost let's you regain health, since you need Koko alive during most of the match.

- Thunder Punch <--- SD
- Ice Punch <--- Knock Off
- Fire Fang <--- Sucker Punch
The AoA set has more stallbreaking potential than the SD set, thanks to it's superior coverage options (TPunch is mainly for Moltres & Pyukumuku, Ice for Zapdos & Gliscor, and Fang for the occasional Steel type).

- Toxic <--- Taunt
Toxic let's you put under a timer a lot of mons that Gliscor cannot hit otherwise, like Zapdos, Landorus-T, Tornadus-T, Grass Types, Gyarados, you name it. Make sure that you use Toxic as they switch out, or at they Defogging your Rocks.
232 EVs on HP garantees that you can make 4 substitutes instead of three, which is a very useful tool to have in most cases. To avoid boosting your SpA on kills, put the remaining 4 EVs on Defense.
- Flamethrower <--- Fire Blast.
Extra PPs and accurasy, since the extra power isn't really necessary after a couple of boosts.

Changes (Mons)
<---

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
Ferrothorn is often a superior option over Golisopod thanks to it's better typing, better ability and superior natural Special Bulk. Gyro Ball dents Psychic- and Fairy types, while Power Whip is a great tool against Water types (as long it doesn't misses). It's cool defensive synergy with Gliscor is another good point for it.
<---

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Low Kick
Scarf Greninja is a cool anti-offensive option for some teams, as long you don't lock yourself on the wrong move. Some of it's feats are successfully revenge killing Kartana, +1 Volcarona, having high chances of killing +1 Gyarados after rocks and Mega Alakazam. The best part? It also works as a fast pivot, often bringing on things that MMaw naturally has good matchups against.
I like the ideas of the changes, There are pretty acurrate things like the mawile and leftovers Koko, but the Essence of the team is lost, i buit this team around hawlucha. Also thanks for all tips, aprecciate ;)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)