Research Opinion of Legendary Pokemon Genders

http://freeonlinesurveys.com/s.asp?sid=1qqg7k80lhlzywy583098

This is currently Part 1 of my little personal research. The survey can only accommodate a max of 50 correspondents (I'm using the limited version. To participate, click the link above).

On this survey, it looks upon the Pokemon Community's subjective opinion on what gender would one give to Legendary Pokemon that are have not been given genders by the franchise. For most of us, most of the legendary pokemon of the franchise have that appeal that these genderless legendaries should have their own genders. Latios, Latias, Heatran, Cresselia, Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus have been given official genders currently. Why not the rest of the majority of the legendary pokemon?

If the survey cannot get anymore answers however, you can post your own answers on this thread. All I ask is that your answers should be detailed and write the explanations for the given answers. It is something for my little research on social studies involving the pokemon community.

Latios, Latias, Heatran, Cresselia, Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus have been given official genders currently. Why not the rest of the majority of the legendary pokemon?
Because at least most of the rest are either comparable to omnipotent gods (Dialga, Ho-oh, Rayquaza etc.) are robotic or have some other sort of attribute which means a gender can't really be applied to them (Regirock, Genesect etc.), or are actually in some sort of case where having no gender fits (Kyurem).

I think it is interesting to try and see some sort of 'feminine' or 'masculine' aspects in certain Legendaries that the designers may have intended to put in to draw further contrasts; such as with the theory of Reshiram and Palkia being feminine while Zekrom and Dialga having traits commonly attributed to masculinity (humourously, Reshi and Palkia are probably the two biggest examples of phallic objects in the entire franchise). And in some cases, there actually are some legends where you have to wonder why they don't have this specific gender that's so glaringly obvious such as Meloetta. But I'm not entirely sure if this would garner any sort of intelligent discussion rather than just assumed opinions, unless it were part of a closer look at certain legendaries' design processes as aforementioned.

Because at least most of the rest are either comparable to omnipotent gods (Dialga, Ho-oh, Rayquaza etc.) are robotic or have some other sort of attribute which means a gender can't really be applied to them (Regirock, Genesect etc.), or are actually in some sort of case where having no gender fits (Kyurem).

I think it is interesting to try and see some sort of 'feminine' or 'masculine' aspects in certain Legendaries that the designers may have intended to put in to draw further contrasts; such as with the theory of Reshiram and Palkia being feminine while Zekrom and Dialga having traits commonly attributed to masculinity (humourously, Reshi and Palkia are probably the two biggest examples of phallic objects in the entire franchise). And in some cases, there actually are some legends where you have to wonder why they don't have this specific gender that's so glaringly obvious such as Meloetta. But I'm not entirely sure if this would garner any sort of intelligent discussion rather than just assumed opinions, unless it were part of a closer look at certain legendaries' design processes as aforementioned.
Honestly, I agree with you on the fact that certain legendaries don't have fitting genders overall like the examples you gave. Though for the omnipotent looking ones like Arceus and Giratina could actually have some cultural gender interpretations, if one could see it like that, since on some real life cultures, some omnipotent religious figures may be a god/goddess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)