ORAS Doubles Viability Rankings [Nominations]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Darkrai to rise to B+ : Yes
Vivillon to rise to B- : LOLno
Conkeldurr to fall to B+ : Yes
Sharpedo to rise to B : LOLno
Milotic to rise to B-: Yes, cool mon with a decent niche
Altaria to rise to B- : No
Mega Latios to fall to B+ : Yes
Ampharos to rise to B- : No

Darkrai to rise to B+: Yes
Vivillon to rise to B-: No
Conkeldurr to fall to B+: Yes
Sharpedo to rise to B: No
Milotic to rise to B-: Yes
Altaria to rise to B-: No
Mega Latios to fall to B+: Yes
Ampharos to rise to B-: No

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Darkrai to rise to B+ Yes
Vivillon to rise to B- No
Conkeldurr to fall to B+ Yes
Sharpedo to rise to B No
Milotic to rise to B- Yes this deserves so much better than B- tbh
Altaria to rise to B- No
Mega Latios to fall to B+ Yes
Ampharos to rise to B- Yes

lol koolkranny I copied your post to use as a template but ended up changing nothing because I agreed with it all
edit: actually wait shit I disagree with you on MLatios

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
Vivillon to rise to B-: No
Mega Latios to fall to B+: Yes
Ampharos to rise to B-: Yes

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Darkrai to rise to B+: Yes (that should be enough though)
Vivillon to rise to B-: No (No encouragement please)
Milotic to rise to B-: No (I still really think this thing lacks power)
Mega Latios to fall to B+: Yes (tbh I think it deserves to fall further but w/e, there is very little reason why you would ever use this thing)

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
It is a joke mon. Without a boost its literally worthless and even with a boost its still mediocre due to still being weak, slow and having shit coverage. Compared to fellow +2 per stat drop bisharp which is really good on its own due to the insane amount of pressure it provides by discouraging intimidTe/icy wind and having godly stab coverage with knock off/iron head/sucker punch. Nilotic doesn't have much going for it.

TL:dr milotic is ass in most scenarios

Vivillon to rise to B-: Yes
Mega Latios to fall to B+: No

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Darkrai to rise to B+ no
Vivillon to rise to B- no
Conkeldurr to fall to B+ yes
Sharpedo to rise to B no
Milotic to rise to B- no
Altaria to rise to B- no
Mega Latios to fall to B+ yes but you really shouldn't tier them separately
Ampharos to rise to B- no

To me Darkrai just isn't sufficiently threatening so as to deserve a higher placement over other B mons. Vivillon, Sharpedo, and Altaria are just not good so I don't know why they were brought up. I feel the same way about Milotic, I don't think that it's a good Pokemon given the stiff competition it has from other water-types (Suicune being the most notable) and Competitive just isn't enough to justify a huge rise to me. Ampharos is decent on specific types of teams but isn't good enough overall to be in B rank. Conkeldurr is good to me but given current metagame trends a drop seems justifiable.

Mega Latios isn't worthy of A ranking. However, mons have never been tiered separately from their mega form and I don't see any good reason for it to be done in this case. You should just ignore the mega latios votes for this round and keep it unlisted while keeping normal Latios in A rank. There's no good reason to tier them separately and it hasn't been an issue with the viability rankings in the past so I don't know why this is changing.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
why is milotic so low wtf even b- as a raise is far off where it should be. people voting to keep it in the same rank as audino are jokes.
what if I told you audino should be in C or C- and it will be nominated to fall next round?

As to my votes:

Darkrai to rise to B+ no
Vivillon to rise to B- yes
Sharpedo to rise to B no
Milotic to rise to B- yes (but it isn't actually that good and shouldn't rise any farther than this EVER)
Altaria to rise to B- no
Mega Latios to fall to B+ what audio said, this shouldn't get voted on separately

Darkrai to rise to B+ yes
Vivillon to rise to B- no
Sharpedo to rise to B yes
Milotic to rise to B- yes
Altaria to rise to B- no
Mega Latios to fall to B+ yes

Darkrai to rise to B+: yes
Vivillon to rise to B-: no
Conkeldurr to fall to B+: yes
Sharpedo to rise to B: no
Milotic to rise to B-: abstain
Altaria to rise to B-: no
Mega Latios to fall to B+: yes
Ampharos to rise to B-: no

Darkrai to rise to B+: no
Vivillon to rise to B-: yes
Conkeldurr to fall to B+: yes
Sharpedo to rise to B: no
Milotic to rise to B-: no
Altaria to rise to B-: yes
Mega Latios to fall to B+: yes
Ampharos to rise to B-: yes

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
  • Darkrai rises to B+
  • Vivillon
    stays in D
  • Conkeldurr
    drops to B+
  • Sharpedo stays in C+
  • Milotic rises to B-
  • Altaria stays in E
  • Ampharos stays in C+
  • Salamence drops to B+

i only put salamence there because salamencite was banned and it shouldnt be S anymore, vote on it in different rounds if you disagree with me.

you may now nominate pokemon to move to the C+, C, and C- ranks!

Mega Audino from B- ===> C rank
Its almost entirely outclassed by Cresselia, because it takes mega slot. It does have few niches over it, though, but thinking that it eats up Mega Slot, i dont know, on 95% of teams its not worth it. However, it might work on defensive TR teams, it has some nice moves over Cress, most notably Heal Pulse, also Simple Beam to make something like QD Volcarona have 1 turn Geomancys without need to use Power Herb, and overall little better typing than Cress, but thats pretty much it.

Dragalge from E ===> C+ rank
Adaptability is released, so this guy deserves to rise in C+ rank. Adaptability Draco Meteor is one of the most hardest hitting things in the metagame. It has decent movepool, nice bulk (though low HP) and cool typing. It, however, it NEEDS TR to work at all. Its like Mega Ampharos, its monster in Trick Room and with right support, but outside it, despite its power, its almost dead weight.

Mega Altaria from E ===> C+ rank
Gonna try again to raise this guy. Mega Mence is gone, and this thing seems to be somehow okay alternative to it. It has access to DD + Return / Double-Edge aswell, despite not nearly as powerful as Mega Mence, it still hits like truck after +1, and has nice coverage moves like EQ. It can run special sets, too. Special would be outclassed by Sylveon, though, but M-Altaria gets some nice things like Fire Blast, Tailwind and Roost. Its not the best mega around , but definely not E rank mon.

Last edited:

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion

Vivillon to C+

Seriously, this thing shouldn't be stuck in D-Rank. It's actually really cool with it's nice support options in Tailwind and Compound Eyes Sleep Powder. The main draw really is that it can threaten to check a lot of things using Sleep Powder in Tailwind. It packs a decent punch too with Hurricane, even if its Special Attack of 90 is still quite average. Other options include Quiver Dance which turn it into a somewhat okay-ish attacker, and Rage Powder which lets it draw an attack or two for a teammate before falling.

Its main flaws are that it's really frail and takes significant damage even from some resisted attacks, forcing it to run Focus Sash. Another thing is that its Speed is quite average at 89, outrun by numerous threats to it such as Terrakion and the Sash-breaking Mega Kangaskhan. It's easy to KO. It also takes out some set-up before it really gets going, unlike other Tailwind setters Latios and Talonflame which can work without.

All in all, though, Vivillon is still a good mon. It can work okay-ish enough, but really needs some support to be worth it. I'd say C+ is a good fit.

qsns

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
VGCPL Champion

welcome back wolf pack verlis here

Unranked --> C

Nah, seriously, this thing isn't half bad anymore. It was pretty ass in XY because it's best coverage for a Belly Drum set was Fairy/Normal, but adding Drain Punch into the mix really does help its viability, giving it a great coverage move and a way to restore its health to possibly take another hit. Unlike Azumarill, it doesn't have priority, which can get kind of annoying, however, Unburden boosts Slurpuff's speed after a Belly Drum so it can actually reliably use its most powerful attack. The reasons this isn't as good as Azumarill are that it's harder to set up and it's complete dead weight without a Belly Drum; Azumarill at least has Huge Power going for it. It's definitely a Pokemon that's worth a shot now, though, and you should try it out if you haven't already.

welcome back wolf pack verlis here

Unranked --> C

Nah, seriously, this thing isn't half bad anymore. It was pretty ass in XY because it's best coverage for a Belly Drum set was Fairy/Normal, but adding Drain Punch into the mix really does help its viability, giving it a great coverage move and a way to restore its health to possibly take another hit. Unlike Azumarill, it doesn't have priority, which can get kind of annoying, however, Unburden boosts Slurpuff's speed after a Belly Drum so it can actually reliably use its most powerful attack. The reasons this isn't as good as Azumarill are that it's harder to set up and it's complete dead weight without a Belly Drum; Azumarill at least has Huge Power going for it. It's definitely a Pokemon that's worth a shot now, though, and you should try it out if you haven't already.
This. Drain punch was everything what Slurpuff needed. Now really only Aegislash totally walls it, while it used to be walled by most Steels, some ghosts and some rly bulky mons. After Belly Drum, its threatening, but like you said, its dead weight without boost from it, unlike Azumarill.

DaAwesomeDude1

waiting for a moment
is a Top Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
DPL Champion
Pangoro from Unranked===> C
ORAS has been very kind to our panda friend. The new tutor moves brought it from a complete waste of a teamslot to one of the best wallbreakers in lower tiers.

PANDAmonium (Pangoro) @ Choice Band/Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Knock Off/Crunch
- Gunk Shot
- Parting Shot/Protect/Ice Punch
Although Conkeldurr is A LOT better, the thing Pangoro has over Conkeldurr is Dark STAB in the form of Knock Off or Crunch and a MUCH stronger Poison coverage move (screw Poison Jab oml that move is weak af). It's terrible speed works to it's advantage when used in Trick Room and it's pretty high attack stat makes its physical moves hit pretty hard. Choice Band is usually better to make Pangoro hit as hard as possible but Life Orb isn't a bad option for Trick Room if you want the option to switch moves.
252+ Atk Choice Band Pangoro Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Aromatisse: 368-434 (90.6 - 106.8%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Pangoro Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 240 HP / 12 Def Cresselia: 426-504 (96.5 - 114.2%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Pangoro Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 68 Def Jirachi: 470-554 (116.3 - 137.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Pangoro Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 356-420 (109.8 - 129.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Iron Fist Pangoro Ice Punch vs. 184 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 456-540 (124.9 - 147.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Pangoro is a Based God.

LeoLancaster

does this still work
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
'cause Scrafty has Iron Fist and 124 base Attack.

I mean, the two seem to serve completely different roles, and isn't Scrafty's biggest flaw its lack of sufficient offensive prescence to retain momentum?

Not commenting on the ranking of either, just asking for a better argument.

I'd only run Pangoro in Trick Room teams where its high attack and Parting Shot can shine over its low speed and bulk, but even then it has to compete with Conkeldurr and Scrafty. Its niche over those would be Gunk Shot, to level fairies in a way most other slow fighters can't, and Parting Shot, which is a very sexy move. C is where a niche 'mon like that would go, if that niche is actually useful.

qsns

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
VGCPL Champion
could we please drop pinsir to c / c+

i literally have no idea why it's there. its bulk is meh, bug/flying is an ass typing which is weak to the best move in the game (rock slide!), and 105 speed isn't what it used to be at all. the most i've ever seen it do in practice is pick off an enemy with feint or get off 1 return.

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
time to vote, my lovlies. please c/p this template and put a simple "yes", "no", or "abstain" next to a nomination followed by some (optional) justification to your vote.

Audino to drop to C:
Dragalge to rise to C+:
Heliosk to rise to C+:
Gothitelle to drop to C+:
Altaria to rise to C+:
Vivillon to rise to C+:
Slurpuff to rise to C:
Pangoro to rise to C:
Pinsir to drop to C+:

Last edited:

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Audino to drop to C: yes
Dragalge to rise to C+: yes
Heliosk to rise to C+: no
Gothitelle to drop to C+: no
Altaria to rise to C+: yes
Vivillon to rise to C+: yes
Slurpuff to rise to C: no
Pangoro to rise to C: no
Pinsir to drop to C+yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)