ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well its either build the demo off a build of the game or build the demo from scratch. They chose to make it off a build of the game. Everything is probably not included in the files though.

I'll still keep a positive attitude towards it anyways. If there isn't any new mega evolutions, oh well. :\
Of course the demo would be built off the game
But you don't need all of this junk in there. You don't need trainer data for trainers that never show up, map data for routes that aren't even made, dialog for portions of the game you wont see, pokemon data for pokemon that don't show up at all, move tutor data, trainer artwork for things not in the game etc

Of course the demo would be built off the game
But you don't need all of this junk in there. You don't need trainer data for trainers that never show up, map data for routes that aren't even made, dialog for portions of the game you wont see, pokemon data for pokemon that don't show up at all, move tutor data, trainer artwork for things not in the game etc
True, it just comes down to laziness really or they just didn't care with how much data they left in the demo.

Maybe Hoopa changes form in a fashion akin to a weird combination of Giratina-O and SkyShaymin's methods.
they had plenty of choice

excise everything not within the demo
there is not reason whatsoever to leave all the trainer data in there, or all the map data
uhhh
there's a chance that a good amount of that data is hard to just scrub out. You can delete visual/graphic info, and in most cases the program won't wig out because it can't reference a certain file. I'd bet that too much of the hardcode is a little too strongly intertwined to just start removing pieces without causing another feature to fail.

in programming, logic doesn't exactly function in absolutes. don't let the beginning of a C++ book fool you by thinking every if/else statement only yields 2 results always.

"Shigeru Ohmori : I can not give a specific number, but I can say that with X / Y and Omega Ruby / Sapphire Alpha you can catch all the Pokémon and complete the National Dex, just to give you an idea of how many Pokémon available."
This means that, at the very least, discounting legendaries and pokemon who were in XY or in the original Hoenn, that Rattata, Meowth, Porygon, Misdreavus, Unown, Stantler, Kricketot, Cherubi, Buneary, Glameow, Finneon, Cottonee, Darumaka, Yamask, Frillish, Tynamo, Elgyem, and Bouffalant will also be in the games. Additionally, this confirms the existence of the Johto, Sinnoh, and Unova starters within the games, likely through Birch (Johto), or Cynthia/Looker/someone else who randomly appears like Steven did in Kanto (Sinnoh/Unova).

GameXplain made interview to Masuda recently.
This interview also confirms that Soaring will allow access to new areas within Hoenn that were previously inaccessible by foot or by sea, which is probably where a lot of these pokemon will be able to be found. Either that, or Altering Cave will be converted into the remake of the Friend Safari... (and that ORAS has been in production for less than two years...)

This means that, at the very least, Rattata, Meowth, Porygon, Misdreavus, Unown, Stantler, Kricketot, Cherubi, Buneary, Glameow, Finneon, Cottonee, Darumaka, Yamask, Frillish, Tynamo, Elgyem, and Bouffalant will also be in the games, as they are all pokemon who were not in either XY or the original Hoenn (discounting the Meowth trade in Emerald). Additionally, this confirms the existence of the Johto, Sinnoh, and Unova starters within the games, likely through Birch (Johto), or Cynthia/Looker/someone else who randomly appears like Steven did in Kanto (Sinnoh/Unova).

This interview also confirms that Soaring will allow access to new areas within Hoenn that were previously inaccessible by foot or by sea, which is probably where a lot of these pokemon will be able to be found. Either that, or Altering Cave will be converted into the remake of the Friend Safari... (and that ORAS has been in production for less than two years...)
This is a beautiful, beautiful thing. The only thing that could make ORAS better from the stuff we already know is if we finally get Sheer Force Totodile.

I'm quite excited about Hyper Voice and Earth Power for Aurorus! I love that thing and this gives it a great set of moves to work with!

This means that, at the very least, Rattata, Meowth, Porygon, Misdreavus, Unown, Stantler, Kricketot, Cherubi, Buneary, Glameow, Finneon, Cottonee, Darumaka, Yamask, Frillish, Tynamo, Elgyem, and Bouffalant will also be in the games, as they are all pokemon who were not in either XY or the original Hoenn (discounting the Meowth trade in Emerald). Additionally, this confirms the existence of the Johto, Sinnoh, and Unova starters within the games, likely through Birch (Johto), or Cynthia/Looker/someone else who randomly appears like Steven did in Kanto (Sinnoh/Unova).

The Safari Zone is actually confirmed to return. There's a dexnav picture on Pokemon.com that shows the bottom screen with the location "safari zone".

Also, I don't know why you have to be such a downer R_N. We can't even assure how much of this stuff will actually be in the game, let alone what won't be in it or what can be added. There's just not enough proof to make too many conclusions IMO.

Maybe Hoopa changes form in a fashion akin to a weird combination of Giratina-O and SkyShaymin's methods.

uhhh
there's a chance that a good amount of that data is hard to just scrub out. You can delete visual/graphic info, and in most cases the program won't wig out because it can't reference a certain file. I'd bet that too much of the hardcode is a little too strongly intertwined to just start removing pieces without causing another feature to fail.

in programming, logic doesn't exactly function in absolutes. don't let the beginning of a C++ book fool you by thinking every if/else statement only yields 2 results always.
Trust me I'm aware of how buggy code can get.
It just seems like more care should have gone in to removing needless cruft. They had to remove some things and remake new things for it anyway (dialog, the event stuff, the cutscene of flying around, whatever they do to determine what island and trainers you fight, the whole sending functionality, etc)
Imagine if the smash demo had been dumped and they found everything, you know?

Now that I type all that out, I wonder if the demo was a relatively recent decision...

By the way, I have a question and something to point out:

1 - People are finding NewHoopa creepy/terrifying because it became a clown. No one likes clowns and I wouldn't be surprised if there were coulrophobic people here.

2 - This is more to the hackers (Kaphotics SciresM Stellar): have they fixed M-Alakazam's stats?
That's not why. I'm not afraid of clowns at all. I think it's more creepy because it reminds of a cross between Koloktos and Dead Hand, which are the two most terrifying Zelda enemies to me. It also just looks freaky and out of place.

1 - People are finding NewHoopa creepy/terrifying because it became a clown. No one likes clowns and I wouldn't be surprised if there were coulrophobic people here.

2 - This is more to the hackers (Kaphotics SciresM Stellar): have they fixed M-Alakazam's stats?
I don't think they would mess around with m-kazam's stats because then they wouldn't match the x and y stats. If someone was using a copy of oras to battle someone using x/y how would the games determine what game's stats to use? Although this is the first gen we have had game patches so you never know.

The Safari Zone is actually confirmed to return. There's a dexnav picture on Pokemon.com that shows the bottom screen with the location "safari zone".
But...I never brought up the Safari Zone. I never doubted that it was returning in the first place. The Altering Cave, on the other hand, was such a flop originally, that I don't see it returning in its original (Emerald-based) incarnation, if at all, but it is a location that would fit with the fluid theme of the Friend Safari.

Also, as a side note, if this new Hoopa is meant to be a clown, then it has nothing on the clown from the new season of American Horror Story. But I digress. I'm still trying to figure out if the note that it is a Stage 3 pokemon is significant, while Sableye, Audino, and the like are mentioned as Stage 2 pokemon.

I don't think they would mess around with m-kazam's stats because then they wouldn't match the x and y stats. If someone was using a copy of oras to battle someone using x/y how would the games determine what game's stats to use? Although this is the first gen we have had game patches so you never know.
Back in 4th gen, DP had Hypnosis at 70% but Platinum & HGSS had it at 60%
Any time DP went against PtHGSS, the game would use 60% as the accuracy

Presumably the more recent game takes priority.

But...I never brought up the Safari Zone. I never doubted that it was returning in the first place. The Altering Cave, on the other hand, was such a flop originally, that I don't see it returning in its original (Emerald-based) incarnation, if at all, but it is a location that would fit with the fluid theme of the Friend Safari.

Also, as a side note, if this new Hoopa is meant to be a clown, then it has nothing on the clown from the new season of American Horror Story. But I digress. I'm still trying to figure out if the note that it is a Stage 3 pokemon is significant, while Sableye, Audino, and the like are mentioned as Stage 2 pokemon.
Oh I thought you were suggesting we would have that instead of the Safari Zone.

That's not why. I'm not afraid of clowns at all. I think it's more creepy because it reminds of a cross between Koloktos and Dead Hand, which are the two most terrifying Zelda enemies to me. It also just looks freaky and out of place.
I think it's personally looks like the final boss from sonic and the secret rings. And that boss just creeped me out eh.

Now that I type all that out, I wonder if the demo was a relatively recent decision...
I was thinking the same thing after catching up on the last fifteen pages. On one hand, it would make sense since they didn't make too much new or seemingly over-simulated content, like with the XY demo (your first battle is between lv 30s and then you get a lv100 Mewtwo. 'K). The NPCs are probably all actual trainers with demo-tailored teams, and they probably didn't need a function more advanced than what they used to transfer items from DW down to BW/2 to move the things you get over for eventual pickup.
On the other hand, they may have had it planned out for a while, and only waited until the main game had a working build to then take it and change a few things around for the demo.

I actually love how Hoopa has a large node on the back of his head that looks like a traditional oriental prince's cap.
Even the pink outline above his forehead looks like bangs on a bowlcut. Then his new form has this wild warlord-like spiked ponytail

Last edited:
Trust me I'm aware of how buggy code can get.
It just seems like more care should have gone in to removing needless cruft. They had to remove some things and remake new things for it anyway (dialog, the event stuff, the cutscene of flying around, whatever they do to determine what island and trainers you fight, the whole sending functionality, etc)
Imagine if the smash demo had been dumped and they found everything, you know?

You remind me of the people who thought ORAS wouldn't have new moves, abilities and megas because they weren't in XY

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
This isn't the first gen with patches

That situation and this one are more than a little different, ya?
How so? ORAS was developed at the same time as XY. If they wanted to put in the ORAS Megas into XY, they could have, but decided to leave them out.
Likewise, they could have out all the ORAS megas into the demo, but they could also have decided to leave them out.
There's no way of really telling which way they went with it, and a quick browse through this thread and the one that came before shows just how successful people here are at predicting what Game Freak will do. Of course, all the Megas could have been revealed by now and the ones in the demo could be all the ones we're getting. But we can't use the Demo as a definite because we have no idea if Game Freak does have more Megas and simply took them out for the Demo. We've had a lengthy discussion of it and it could really go either way.

You remind me of the people who thought ORAS wouldn't have new moves, abilities and megas because they weren't in XY
I think he or she and several others are just getting tired of people wishing and hoping and thinking and praying and planning and dreaming about what they want ORAS to be and ignoring what it actually is.

We got lots of goodies in a really short amount of time. While there may or may not be more secrets, let's just enjoy what we have for now. While I try to get a Dusty Springfield song out of my head.

I think he or she and several others are just getting tired of people wishing and hoping and thinking and praying and planning and dreaming about what they want ORAS to be and ignoring what it actually is.

We got lots of goodies in a really short amount of time. While there may or may not be more secrets, let's just enjoy what we have for now. While I try to get a Dusty Springfield song out of my head.
On the other hand I'm getting tired of seeing absolute denials of it every few posts. There's no reason to absolutely believe or absolutely deny that what's in the demo is all we're getting in the full game.

How so? ORAS was developed at the same time as XY. If they wanted to put in the ORAS Megas into XY, they could have, but decided to leave them out.
Likewise, they could have out all the ORAS megas into the demo, but they could also have decided to leave them out.
There's no way of really telling which way they went with it, and a quick browse through this thread and the one that came before shows just how successful people here are at predicting what Game Freak will do. Of course, all the Megas could have been revealed by now and the ones in the demo could be all the ones we're getting. But we can't use the Demo as a definite because we have no idea if Game Freak does have more Megas and simply took them out for the Demo. We've had a lengthy discussion of it and it could really go either way.
Can it really go either way though

If there were some glaring ommissions from...well, anything else, sure.
But I don't really see a reason to think that what we see in the bulk of this data is what we're getting.
I don't see anyone going "Well sure there's rematch data for the e4, and none for the gym leaders, but maybe they're in the final game!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)