ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way, it looks a lot better imo, before it wasn't so fluffy and didn't look like a volcano from upper view and those ugly zeros where taken out with rocks and magma also it has a face full of confidence.
Yeah now that I look closely I can see the hoofs sticking out underneath.
I was looking at the top view (the 3D model) and thought the fur would touch the ground.
That's what gave me the Slugma impression LOL

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
[20:09:33] <@Its_A_Random> according to pokebeach the english names for the new abilities and groudon's move are Beginning Ocean, Final Earth, and Cliff Sword

Other than that I like Mega Camerupt's design, especially that "M" on its forehead. At least Game Freak's worst kept secret with regards to ORAS is finally out... -.-'

From Serebii:
"Primal Kyogre has a new ability called Rain of Beginnings and Primal Groudon has a new ability called Land of Endings"
[20:09:33]the english names for the new abilities and groudon's move are Beginning Ocean, Final Earth
I like how the new abilities' names are related to the "Alpha" (Beginning) and the "Omega" (Ending, Final).

Speaking of the new Mevos, I like them, can't wait to see how the +100 stat spread is.

Also, Sharpedo now looks like Arlong (One Piece).

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I said it from the beginning that Kyogre and Groudon would be bringing back permaweather. Yay for me!
We do not know if this is actually the case yet. Sorry to put a... dampener on things.

Sharpedo can Protect, get a speed boost, and then Mega Evolve next turn to be at +1 (or more if you predict them switching out!)

After Strong Jaw and STAB, Crunch is sitting at 180 base power. o_O

Sounds like a good late game cleaner!
Good luck surviving the second turn with those defences!

I'm really curious to what extent they're going to take adding brand new abilities/moves in the middle of a generation, as well as how new megas are going to be handled in regards to compatibility to XY. That's some important unmarked territory for the series right there. My guess though is that only the main legendaries will get the new ability/move treatment.

Also, it seems like every remotely important character is getting a mega for their signature poke. Flygon and Milotic have to be inevitable at this point. Hopefully ;-;

ok.

I really like M-Gallade. Looks great.

M-Sharpedo is ugly, the mouth is really weird and disproportionate.

Camerupt looks ok..I like it. At first, I'm like how does a cow mega evolve into a snail/slug? LOL but then I look closer and its legs are peaking out of its fur so that's cute.

That's all.

The scan said that all of Sharpedo's stats will be boosted.
Sharpedo has 40 Base Def and Sp Def with 70 base Hp no matter how much you invest with 100 points it won't be enough for the Mega and as we know all the stats will have an increase so still M-Sharpedo will have paper thin defenses it won't take moderate hits and only some few weak hits.

Mega-Sharpedo is a lie! See, look how long its nose grew.
Mega-Camerupt looks hilariously stupid, I love it.

Were Team Aqua always about life beginning in the water or the planet originally being all underwater or something, what with all this Alpha and Sea of Beginnings and stuff?

I hope Sharpedo's stats are something like 70/170-180/50/105/50/105-115. He can take one hit max then it dies, significantly boosting its defenses would be a waste. It needs to out-speed things (it has aqua jet to help) and hope it can OHKO everything otherwise its goodbye from him. For Camerupt i predict 70/140/90/145/95/30. I can only see him being used in trick room teams though.

Mega-Gallade is a knight right? And knights can take physical hits quite well. So I think it won't get the +20 sdef boost but a +20 def boost instead to make it 68/165/85/85/115/100. What I want to know is what that multicolored smoke is right behind him and Wally? Its not shown on any of the other Megas so Gallade must be doing it. I can't think of any ability that could explain it. The fact its ability is not given but the rest were makes me suspicious it could be a new ability. Which we now know is not out of the question.

Last edited:
What I want to know is what that multicolored smoke is right behind him and Wally? Its not shown on any of the other Megas so Gallade must be doing it. I can't think of any ability that could explain it. The fact its ability is not given but the rest were makes me suspicious it could be a new ability. Which we now know is not out of the question.
That's just part of the artwork. If you didn't know, that isn't Mega Gallade's (nor Wally's) official Ken Sugimori portraits. If you look above the artwork though, you'll see a glimpse of Mega Gallade's official portrait. His ability is probably listed there.

I am excited for mega sharpedo. It reminds me of mega houndoom in that its pre mega evo ability is great in speed boost, but its post mega evo is fantastic in an already buffed crunch. It can get the speed boost turn 1 on protect, mega evolve and get the strong jaw boost. Im hoping OU doesnt hoard sharpedo because itll be such a top threat in UU.

Mega camerupt is going to be a sleeper poke. Sheer force boosted earth powet and fire blast is no joke. It stinks it cant use LO, but itll get a nic sp atk boost. It can also lay down stealth rock and pseudo spinblock with explosion although that may be a waste of a mrga lol

Also, does anybody else think megarupt looks a bit like Stoutland? Lol

Well, I'm pretty sure this seals the deal on Archie and Maxie using M-Evolutions against you. Hopefully. Lol. Dat Gallade tho. So gonna raise one in ORAS now. :)

Not going to lie I'm a little disappointed that Mega sharpedo got strong jaw. Or rather that I misunderstood it. I thought it was a 33% boost to contact moves not 50% to biting moves which he only has two of :/

Who knows maybe it will be better, as a cleaner I can see crunch tearing things apart since it doesn't have many resists and with a sped boost it won't get out sped by much

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Sharpedo has 40 Base Def and Sp Def with 70 base Hp no matter how much you invest with 100 points it won't be enough for the Mega and as we know all the stats will have an increase so still M-Sharpedo will have paper thin defenses it won't take moderate hits and only some few weak hits.
It still has access to a speedy Destiny Bond though.

Also, if he's speedy and offensive, he should have KO'd the opponents before they attack, most of the time.

I have to say I like mega gallade the most out of the new reveals, but I hope he gets a kickass ability and defense boost otherwise why choose him over mega medicham :(

Defiant would be nice

Also: gallade has wings! Look real close at the reveal pic, looks like a gladiator-matador cross, at least that's what it reminds me of

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
I have to say I like mega gallade the most out of the new reveals, but I hope he gets a kickass ability and defense boost otherwise why choose him over mega medicham :(

Defiant would be nice

Also: gallade has wings! Look real close at the reveal pic, looks like a gladiator-matador cross, at least that's what it reminds me of
I think it's more likely to be a cape...

Not going to lie I'm a little disappointed that Mega sharpedo got strong jaw. Or rather that I misunderstood it. I thought it was a 33% boost to contact moves not 50% to biting moves which he only has two of :/

Who knows maybe it will be better, as a cleaner I can see crunch tearing things apart since it doesn't have many resists and with a sped boost it won't get out sped by much
You're confusing two different abilities.

Tough Claws (Mega Charizard X, Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Metagross, Barbaracle) gives a 33% boost to all contact moves while Strong Jaw (Tyrantrum, Mega Sharpedo) gives a 50% boost to biting moves.

Also, it's possible that Sharpedo will be able to learn more biting moves in OR/AS; Blastoise for example was suddenly able to learn all the Pulse/Aura moves in X and Y because of its ability Mega Launcher.

I'm so happy for Mega Gallade!

Last edited:
I told you guys we were having Mega Sharpedo and Mega Camerupt before we saw Archie's and Maxie's Keystones :) Although Gallade hit me by surprise. I'm happy for it, hopefully it'll get a better Ability now. Also Premier Ball totally matches Gallade now lol. Still, Mega Camerupt looks really... Weird. I can't explain it, I just don't like it that much. Hopefully I'm not the only one.

Ok, now where is my Mega Flygon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)