Resource ORAS Good Cores (Check Post #714)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Hello :heart: Today I will be presenting some offensive cores that I have being using lately to give you all some ideas. Later in the day I might come up with some nice defensive ones because there's an extreeeeeeeeeeeme lack of them, but for now enjoy your free half of a team here or just to get some ideas flowing. Let's begin.

Offensive Core: M-Diancie + Volcarona + Keldeo

This core is built on M-Diancie with an underrated threat in the form of Volcarona and the very consistent Keldeo. M-Diancie provides the check to stuff such as Talonflame, M-Pinsir, and overall has a lot of firepower on it to beat Balanced builds as well as offensive threats such as Bisharp and Heatran with Earth Power while the other two moves are pretty standard. Volcarona provides a secondary set up sweeper with enough speed to outrun Choice Scarf Landorus-T after a single Quiver Dance. Life Orb is for added fire power but some other good items that can be used are Passho Berry to have a better chance of setting up on offensive and defensive water types, or Lum Berry to save you from Paralysis or Toxic. Scarf Keldeo acts as a more concrete revenge killer and helps mitigate the cores issue with M-Gyarados, M-Lopunny, and Gyarados a bit. Other options you can try out are 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe M-Diancie with a Naive nature and Protect or Calm Mind on the last slot over Rock Polish and Choice Specs or Sub Calm Mind Keldeo for an added stall / wall breaker. Some partners that I have enjoyed using is Garchomp with Stealth Rock and Swords Dance, Bisharp as a Pursuit trapper for a secondary answer to bulky Psychic types to pair up with Volcarona, and Focus Sash Thunder Wave Alakazam to cripple set up sweepers and threats to the build such as Mega Metagross and Mega Aerodactyl. Offensive Psychic types such as Alakazam and the Latis also make beating AV Conkeldurr and M-Venusaur a bit easier as well.
Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 64 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Rash Nature
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Diamond Storm
- Rock Polish

Volcarona @ Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Offensive Core: Entei + Dragonite + Lucario

This core is suited to more Hyper Offense and emphasizes on its offensive momentum and priority that all of them provide. To be honest everything is pretty standard so the only thing I can explain is that Superpower allows Dragonite to beat Air Balloon Excadrill variants, Heatran, Ferrothorn, and Tyranitar all at once. I have Bullet Punch on Lucario to help the partners issues with M-Diancie and M-Altaria first and foremost. You can feel free to use Iron Tail or Crunch over that to break Clefable and Slowbro which includes bulky Psychic types as well. Speaking of Slowbro you'll want partners who can take down bulky water types so something such as Specs or Calm Mind Raikou, Thundurus, or Calm Mind / Nasty Plot Celebi or even M-Venusaur are some good examples of some to use. You also have the option of running Thunder Punch on Dragonite for Gyarados and Slowbro although replacing Ice Punch will make Landorus-T a tad bit annoying. Azelf I find is the best Stealth Rock user to use as it maintains momentum for the team with its utility and high speed and is already a fantastic lead on these Hyper Offensive builds anyways. Choice Scarf Diggersby or Diggersby in general forms well with the core either to add more priority and power with its Life Orb Set or just as a solid revenge killer.
Entei @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Bulldoze

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed
- Superpower / Earthquake
- Ice Punch / Thunder Punch

Lucario @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch / Iron Tail / Crunch
- ExtremeSpeed
- Swords Dance

Offensive Core: M-Pinsir + Starmie + Weavile

The core is built around Pinsir as a more definitive wall-breaker with Feint to outpace such moves as Brave Bird by Talonflame, Spiky Shield by Chesnaught, and general +1 priority as well. Adamant gives Pinsir a bit more power and allows you to net more KOs easily on defensive behemoths such as Defensive Lando-T, Slowbro, and does a good 50%-60% or so on Raikou switch ins and 60% - 70% on Thundurus just off of Return alone, so they can never switch in safely. If your concern is getting the jump on Garchomp and below and you already have a good wallbreaker, something my team was in need of in this build, then Jolly is perfectly fine and should be used. Starmie is hazard removal along with a general cleaner. Hydro Pump is the only thing really mandatory along with Rapid Spin and from there you have coverage options depending on your team such as Psyshock for STAB to hit Keldeo, Conkeldurr, Rotom-W and M-Venusaur, HP Fire to hit Ferrothorn, Skarmory, and Scizor, Ice Beam for the Latis twins, Flying types, and x4 Ice weak mons such as Garchomp, and Grass Knot to put a big dent on bulky water types such as Slowbro and Suicune. Weavile I personally use as a revenge killer and a pursuit trapper on the team that it's used on with the option of having Low Kick to hit Tyranitar, Heatran, and Bisharps if you feel there is a necessity on your particular build. Low Kick does help with Choice Scarf Tyranitar which is annoying for Starmie and Pinsir anyways. Good partners include Magnezone, Mamoswine, Gengar, Bisharp, Thundurus, and both Incarnate Landorus and Therian Landorus just to give you some ideas.
Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Happiness: 0
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Feint / Quick Attack
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock / Grass Knot / Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Rapid Spin

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Low Kick / Pursuit

That's all I have for now. Where's all the defensive cores :s?

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hello :heart: Today I will be presenting some offensive cores that I have being using lately to give you all some ideas. Later in the day I might come up with some nice defensive ones because there's an extreeeeeeeeeeeme lack of them, but for now enjoy your free half of a team here or just to get some ideas flowing. Let's begin.

Offensive Core: M-Diancie + Volcarona + Keldeo

This core is built on M-Diancie with an underrated threat in the form of Volcarona and the very consistent Keldeo. M-Diancie provides the check to stuff such as Talonflame, M-Pinsir, and overall has a lot of firepower on it to beat Balanced builds as well as offensive threats such as Bisharp and Heatran with Earth Power while the other two moves are pretty standard. Volcarona provides a secondary set up sweeper with enough speed to outrun Choice Scarf Landorus-T after a single Quiver Dance. Life Orb is for added fire power but some other good items that can be used are Passho Berry to have a better chance of setting up on offensive and defensive water types, or Lum Berry to save you from Paralysis or Toxic. Scarf Keldeo acts as a more concrete revenge killer and helps mitigate the cores issue with M-Gyarados, M-Lopunny, and Gyarados a bit. Other options you can try out are 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe M-Diancie with a Naive nature and Protect or Calm Mind on the last slot over Rock Polish and Choice Specs or Sub Calm Mind Keldeo for an added stall / wall breaker. Some partners that I have enjoyed using is Garchomp with Stealth Rock and Swords Dance, Bisharp as a Pursuit trapper for a secondary answer to bulky Psychic types to pair up with Volcarona, and Focus Sash Thunder Wave Alakazam to cripple set up sweepers and threats to the build such as Mega Metagross and Mega Aerodactyl. Offensive Psychic types such as Alakazam and the Latis also make beating AV Conkeldurr and M-Venusaur a bit easier as well.
Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 64 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Rash Nature
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Diamond Storm
- Rock Polish

Volcarona @ Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Scald

Offensive Core: Entei + Dragonite + Lucario

This core is suited to more Hyper Offense and emphasizes on its offensive momentum and priority that all of them provide. To be honest everything is pretty standard so the only thing I can explain is that Superpower allows Dragonite to beat Air Balloon Excadrill variants, Heatran, Ferrothorn, and Tyranitar all at once. I have Bullet Punch on Lucario to help the partners issues with M-Diancie and M-Altaria first and foremost. You can feel free to use Iron Tail or Crunch over that to break Clefable and Slowbro which includes bulky Psychic types as well. Speaking of Slowbro you'll want partners who can take down bulky water types so something such as Specs or Calm Mind Raikou, Thundurus, or Calm Mind / Nasty Plot Celebi or even M-Venusaur are some good examples of some to use. You also have the option of running Thunder Punch on Dragonite for Gyarados and Slowbro although replacing Ice Punch will make Landorus-T a tad bit annoying. Azelf I find is the best Stealth Rock user to use as it maintains momentum for the team with its utility and high speed and is already a fantastic lead on these Hyper Offensive builds anyways. Choice Scarf Diggersby or Diggersby in general forms well with the core either to add more priority and power with its Life Orb Set or just as a solid revenge killer.
Entei @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Bulldoze

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed
- Superpower / Earthquake
- Ice Punch / Thunder Punch

Lucario @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch / Iron Tail / Crunch
- ExtremeSpeed
- Swords Dance

Offensive Core: M-Pinsir + Starmie + Weavile

The core is built around Pinsir as a more definitive wall-breaker with Feint to outpace such moves as Brave Bird by Talonflame, Spiky Shield by Chesnaught, and general +1 priority as well. Adamant gives Pinsir a bit more power and allows you to net more KOs easily on defensive behemoths such as Defensive Lando-T, Slowbro, and does a good 50%-60% or so on Raikou switch ins and 60% - 70% on Thundurus just off of Return alone, so they can never switch in safely. If your concern is getting the jump on Garchomp and below and you already have a good wallbreaker, something my team was in need of in this build, then Jolly is perfectly fine and should be used. Starmie is hazard removal along with a general cleaner. Hydro Pump is the only thing really mandatory along with Rapid Spin and from there you have coverage options depending on your team such as Psyshock for STAB to hit Keldeo, Conkeldurr, Rotom-W and M-Venusaur, HP Fire to hit Ferrothorn, Skarmory, and Scizor, Ice Beam for the Latis twins, Flying types, and x4 Ice weak mons such as Garchomp, and Grass Knot to put a big dent on bulky water types such as Slowbro and Suicune. Weavile I personally use as a revenge killer and a pursuit trapper on the team that it's used on with the option of having Low Kick to hit Tyranitar, Heatran, and Bisharps if you feel there is a necessity on your particular build. Low Kick does help with Choice Scarf Tyranitar which is annoying for Starmie and Pinsir anyways. Good partners include Magnezone, Mamoswine, Gengar, Bisharp, Thundurus, and both Incarnate Landorus and Therian Landorus just to give you some ideas.
Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Happiness: 0
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Feint / Quick Attack
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock / Grass Knot / Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Rapid Spin

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Low Kick / Pursuit

That's all I have for now. Where's all the defensive cores :s?
:heart: Added them all, nice job :]
Had to move the balance and defensive cores to the reserved post because I hit the character limit lol

p2

Banned deucer.
Offensive Core: Starmie + Keldeo

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald

So I tried out laddering again since Greninja was banned and on paper I thought this core sounded really good, they both synergize very well together offensively, not so much defensively as the core is pretty weak to Azumarill, Talonflame and Mega Metagross and bulky grass types (not named Venusaur) in general

Anyway, Starmie deals with the pokemon that counter Keldeo and Keldeo deals with Starmie's counters. Starmie nails Mega Venusaur, Lati@s and can absorb a Twave from Thundurus and OHKO with Ice Beam (After prior damage) while Keldeo nails Pursuit trappers like Bisharp or TTar, aswell as other pokemon like Scizor, Ferrothorn or Chansey/Blissey who can shrug off Starmie's moves with somewhat ease. The double grass weakness can be patched up by using a bulky pokemon like Chesnaught or Heatran, but that makes the core even weaker to Azumarill.

Offensive Core: Dugtrio + Sylveon

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 244 HP/252 SpA/12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Baton Pass
- HP Fire

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SpA/252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 21 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Memento
- Sucker Punch/Stealth Rock

I've admittedly rather little to say here because the purpose of this core is incredibly simple. Mega Metagross and Mega Sableye are consistently argued to be the most centralizing things in OU post-greninja ban and Offensive teams can find it difficult to work around them -- this core aims to solve this with two Pokémon that are useful outside of being checks to those Pokémon and do not sacrifice your Mega Slot. Sylveon is an incredible boon to any team wanting to break stall; not only does it break through Mega Sableye with great ease, but it can also smash through other common physical walls such as Slowbro to allow it's physical team-mates such as Gallade, Bisharp, Pinsir etc. to start a sweep. It also utilizes Baton Pass well to give a safe, slow pivot into a set-up sweeper like those aforementioned. Dugtrio, meanwhile, has risen in prominence in the ORAS Metagame as a fantastic trapper alongside the likes of Mag and Goth. The Focus Sash set traps any non-agility Metagross and handily 2HKOs with Earthquake -- and if it takes a hit from Metagross on the switch or it's up against an Agility set, Memento is a very handy way to cripple it, or you may opt for Sucker Punch to deal with wittled down Metas (it does 28% minimum; but if you're desperate for a Meta check it may be a great option.)

This is admittedly the first time I've done this sort of thing and it was out of a desperate need for a check to both centralizing Megas for offensive teams that wouldn't compromise effectiveness nor your Mega Slot. Variations of this can of course be made with your Mega Slot - there are a few good Megas for taking down Metagross that do the job better than Dug - but in general I found this a good base. But of course, first time doing this and I'm not that brilliant with this meta; so feel free to criticize, change, or just tell me I'm a fuckin' idiot :U

For this core, I think HP Fire Sylveon would be a better choice than HP Ground, because Dugtrio already handles Heatran. Also, you're missing 4 EVs on Dugtrio, but other than, it's fine :]

For this core, I think HP Fire Sylveon would be a better choice than HP Ground, because Dugtrio already handles Heatran. Also, you're missing 4 EVs on Dugtrio, but other than, it's fine :]
Edited in HP Fire; forgot Duggy handles Heatran. Put the 4 EVs into Special Attack as Dugtrio wants it's defences to be that low to hit 201 HP for Seismic Toss and to get to Reversal range easier.
Also edited Sucker Punch to say 28% minimum instead of 31%; the calculator automatically set Meta's nature to Hasty. The 28% minimum comes from a calculation against 80 HP Naive Meta.

By the way boltsandbombers , while you done a great job removing the Greninja cores earlier today (last night for you?), the amph/emp/lando and latias/emp/naught cores still make mention of Greninja, so I'd remove that.
Actually, now that Greninja's gone, perhaps the creators of those cores should be consulted about their effectiveness and whether or not moves/EVs should be tweaked to account for the ban?

Last edited:

BenTheDemon

Banned deucer.
Here's a good FWG core that I use:

Bubble Man (Gyarados) (M) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Substitute / Taunt / Earthquake

Heat Man (Talonflame) (M) @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Snake Man (Serperior) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 12 Def / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain / Synthesis

These three Pokemon support each other really well.
Gyarados takes out Heatran and Talonflame, which the other two hate. Talonflame takes out Gallade, Ferrothorn, and Scizor. And Serperior takes out Rotom-W and can pull off a sweep after its checks and counters are taken out.

Last edited:
Not exactly sure why people are posting Contrary Serperior cores when it isn't even officially available but ok lol. Anyways here's a core I've been using for quite a bit.

+

Heracross @ Choice Band
Ability: Guts
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade / Sleep Talk

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave / Psychic / HP Ice
- Calm Mind

By default breaks stall pretty well, can rip apart various balanced cores, and offense has a hard time switching into these on a consistent basis. Heracross is able to break the checks and counters to Lando-I such as Bronzong, Cresselia, Chansey, and your average special defensive walls while Lando-I exploits the weak special side of various physically defensive walls and breaks those. Facade is nice since it's spammable on Heracross after a status but Sleep Talk is pretty hilarious as a Spore absorber on teams that need one. I use Sludge Wave Lando-I on most of my builds now a days cause it has really solid coverage for just about everything. Psychic can be put where Sludge Wave is though to help with Gengar and Conkeldurr, the former pretty much walling you at this point. I like the core on more bulky offense or balanced teams so that there is a defensive backbone for the two to ride off of as they aren't exactly bulky. Slowbro + Ferrothorn is the defensive backbone I've been using lately which has been nice to counteract stuff like Mega Metagross and M-Lopunny, Healing Wish Latias helps with giving them a second wind, and on offensive builds stuff like Bisharp, Mega Metagross, Rotom-W, and Gengar are pretty good team-mates. That's it.
I was browsing and I saw this core. I was wondering if this core would function similarly with Mega Heracross?

BenTheDemon

Banned deucer.
If you are running SD Talonflame, I recommend running 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe with a Jolly nature so you can outspeed Raikou and Thundurus. I would also replace Earthquake on Gyarados with substitute or taunt, since Serperior already handles Rotom-W.
I'll try that Spread on Talonflame. But I've tested moves with Gyarados, and EQ has worked the best for me.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Earthquake is what gives Gyarados a way to stop weakened Rotom-W.
If you have sub or taunt, which you really should have one or the other, you can avoid a wisp and cleanly 2HKO it with Crunch. I'll change it myself if I have to, but I want you to understand.
And I know what mold breaker EQ does, but having a utility move to stop pokemon such as mega sableye from setting up or avoid scald burns from slowbro is really damn important.

edit: @below ya, I usually prefer sub over taunt anyways
Edit these changes into your post and I'll add it into the OP.

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
I don't want to necessarily keep this convo going too long but EQ does hit Keldeo which is M-Gyarados' few options in utilizing to hit it effectively, so regardless it does have some merits. However the core BenTheDemon posted has 0 need for it when you have both Serperior and Talonflame to begin with. So yeah just my two cents on the matter.

Offensive Core Gallade+Megatran

Being the mon that has 10 points faster than medicham and gaining access to knock off hitting fat things like bro besides that megatran benifits with mega gallade really well Mega being able to take care of slowbro and mew. Being base 110 you have to risk a speed tie with gar and lati twins which is a annoyance that bothered me since every single time I try to beat the tie I lose it :[. I felt like tran was the best option beating other defensive trans 1v1 with earthpower. I dont have to much to say about the core. This core is really weak to mamoswine and scarfdrill which was countered by suicune which was supposed to be over tran just chose tran because it can pivot into mew and tran but thats just a little insight for support for this core. With a timid nature on tran I outspeed jolly maz speed azu and prevent azu from getting a belly drum and be able to taunt suicune before they get up a cm. I left Gallade with sub/zen since they are both reasonable choices sub blocks sucker mindgames with bisharp and you dodge status, zen lets you hit clefable and venusaur harder but I dont see those mons being a nuisance being that heatran walls both of those and mega kills once weakened. Tell me how it is.
Gallade (M) @ Galladite
Ability: Steadfast
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Substitute/ Zen Headbutt

Yanmega @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 216 HP / 252 SpD / 40 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Lava Plume

Last edited:

Offensive core Lopunny/Heatran
Personally, i found this core very viable because lopunny cleans extremely well in lategame, but she lacks immediate power and she needs hazards in order to get important kills, such as on tios after two switchins on the rocks:
252 Atk Mega Lopunny Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 208-246 (69.5 - 82.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Heatran is here to block flying spam, set hazards, forcing out tios (w/o eq obv), help lopunny to hit mega scizor, metagross before the mega evolution, switch in on wow getting flash fire boost and stallbreak, creating free switchins for the rabbit who still has a reasonable bulk, but can't really switch in on a lot of moves.
Since this core is pretty weak to fight, i suggest as third member scarf Landorus-T that can u-turn guaranteeing other momentum to our fantastic cleaner.

Sets:

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Heatran @ Leftovers/Air Balloon
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Toxic/Earth Power

Last edited:
Reactions: Mix

Offensive core Lopunny/Heatran
Personally, i found this core very viable because lopunny cleans extremely well in lategame, but she lacks immediate power and she needs hazards in order to get important kills, such as on tios after two switchins on the rocks:
252 Atk Mega Lopunny Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 208-246 (69.5 - 82.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Heatran is here to block flying spam, set hazards, forcing out tios (w/o eq obv), help lopunny to hit mega scizor, metagross before the mega evolution, switch in on wow getting flash fire boost and stallbreak, creating free switchins for the rabbit who still has a reasonable bulk, but can't really switch in on a lot of moves.
Since this core is pretty weak to fight, i suggest as third member scarf Landorus-T that can u-turn guaranteeing other momentum to our fantastic cleaner.

Sets:

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Earth Power
I like concept of the core but the set heatran isn't that great. Without Scarf, Special Heatran can't get many kills and ends up dying earlier on because of it lacking the speed and/or bulk a heatran needs. If you are really wanting rocks up for lop just use special defensive Heatran or go with a sucide lead like terrakion(bad example) or such.

I like concept of the core but the set heatran isn't that great. Without Scarf, Special Heatran can't get many kills and ends up dying earlier on because of it lacking the speed and/or bulk a heatran needs. If you are really wanting rocks up for lop just use special defensive Heatran or go with a sucide lead like terrakion(bad example) or such.
First, thanks for the rate, than i see your point, but stallbreaking is necessary to give more free switch-ins, anyways i'll consider your suggestion

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
Non-scarf offensive tran is very good, although definitely slash toxic before earth power because taunt + toxic is so useful for defensive pokemon in general, and earth power only hits opposing tran.

I like earth power because it's a way to hitting hard zard x and OHKOing him after the sr on the switch-in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)