Resource ORAS Good Cores (Check Post #714)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a cool offensive core I've been working with
+

Gallade is a cool wallbreaker that has a lot of potential and can sweep unprepared teams due to its amazing combination of attack, good STABs, decent bulk for an offensive mon, and critical speed tier. However, answers for it are really popular, such as landog, clefable, gliscor, quagsire and of course, sableye. This is where Lando-I comes into play. In this case, Lando-I is supposed to beat all of those aforementioned mons so gallade has a far easier time doing a number on the opposing team. Deciding whether or not to run calm mind or rock polish on landorus is a decision that you should make, as Calm mind is really effective against balance and stall, whereas rock polish handles offense. I prefer rock polish, as Lando 2hkos most mons on stall naturally, and this way it's more threatening to offense, but calm mind is a very viable option. This core should preferably be paired with something like rotom-w, who can handle talonflame and other things like gyarados that this core could potentially have problems dealing with. I encourage that the movesets should be altered to better suit the needs of the team.

star67 (Gallade-Mega) (M) @ Galladite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off

six god (Landorus) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rock Polish
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave/Psychic

Have a good day!

Since Sheer Force Feraligatr is out now, I decided to make a core around it.

Introducing...

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Aqua Jet

Mega Manectric + Feraligatr is a nice core that I have recently been messing around with. The premise of the core is that Mega Manectric utilizes Volt Switch to wear down opponent's checks and counters to Feraligatr, and has great offensive synergy with Feraligatr. Mega Manectric can easily take on most of Feraligatr's checks and counters, such as Rotom-W, Ferrothorn, Skarmory, Breloom, Keldeo, etc. Feraligatr also handles the Pokemon that can defeat Mega Manectric, such as Chansey, Clefable, Excadrill in Sand, Scarf Landorus-T, etc.
Feraligatr's powerful wallbreaking abilities, also allow it to weaken Pokemon on the opponent's team, so that Mega Manectric can easily sweep with it's STAB moves. In turn, Mega Manectric can weaken stuff to the point that Feraligatr can easily set up an SD and go to town. This core is also never really deadweight against any type of team archetype. Against HO teams, Feraligatrs strong Aqua Jet and decent bulk allow it to beat many HO mons such as Landorus-T, Gengar, and Talonflame. Mega Manectric can also outspeed common non Scarf Pokemon on HO teams, such as Keldeo, and acts as a great offensive check to Talonflame. Against Stall teams, Feraligatr can easily set up an SD or two, and then go to town. Against Balanced teams, Mega Manectric and Feraligatrs offensive pressure can easily break through mixed walls, and these days, balanced teams rarely carry two or more answers against Mega Manectric, both of which lose to Feraligatr. (Scarf Landorus-T and Clefable) Feraligatr can also run a DD set in this core, but I find SD to be more effective against stall teams.

Replays:

Low ladder replay where Feraligatr takes down Chansey, which was walling Mega Manectric, with SubToxic Heatran finishing the game
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-214012058

Last edited:
View attachment 36994 View attachment 36995
Offensive Core: Mega Sharpedo + Landorus Incarnate

Landorus-I @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk/252 Spa/252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Psychic/Sludge Wave
- Knock Off

Sharpedo @ Sharpedite
Ability: Speed Boost ---> Tough Jaws
Evs: 252 Atk/40Spa/216 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Hydro Pump
- Poison Fang/Zen Headbutt

The idea around this core is pretty simple. Landorus punches holes in teams and Sharpedo cleans up the remains. The reason I made this core is becuase I recently found out that shapedo is an really fun (and productive) pokemon to use, and Landorus is one of the best pokemon in the metagame (easy S rank). Balance teams can really have issues with this core, as can stall, and if offensive teams lack Talonflame or bisharp they are in grave danger of being swept by Sharpedo.

The Landorus set is the standard wall breaker set. The idea is to just to force some switches and and hit some stuff really hard, making it easier for Sharpedo to clean up later on. Earth power is mandatory, as it is landorus' go to stab move, and can hit really hard, without taking any life orb recoil. Focus blast is used to hit stuff like ferrothorn and Skarmoryhard, and can 2hko chansey after its Evolite is removed. Psychic is for mega venuaur, and flying types switching in on eseth power. However, Sludge wave can be used to beat fairy types, while giving Sharpedo the option to run zen Headbutt. Knock off is Landorus's only way of hitting Cressilia, and is great for nailing the eon twins, chansey and other bulky pokemon on a switch. The great thing about Landorus is that it can easily 2hko mega Sableye, which is the face of stall teams, which Sharpedo does not like dealing with.

Sharpedo is used to finish off weakened teams. It is important that you keep speed boost until you are certain you can sweep (not factoring in hax), and can be used to outpace offensive teams. Due to Sharpedos very powerful crunch, and hydro pump for pokemon frailer on the special side, Sharpedo is very threatning to many teams. Protect is is mandatory for gabbing a speed boost, and for allowing Sharpedo to safely mega evolve. Crunch is very consistent and powerful, and has a nice chance of weakening Defense, making certain bulky pokemon quiver. Hydro pump is for pokemon like bisharp that don't mind taking sharpdeos other moves, and hits physical walls such as Skarmory hard. Poison fang is for Azumarill, clefable and other fairies. However, if your running sludge wave Landorus, you might as well run zen Headbutt, for Keldeo and conkeldurr.

This core is threatended easily by talonflame, which can make short work of both these pokemon. Keldeo is very annoying, particularly if scarf, though it can't switch in on Landorus comfortably. Bisharp can revenge kill both these pokemon if weaken, though it must be wary of switching in. Set up sweepers such as mega Altaria make short work of this core, particualy if they predict sharpedos protect or if sharpedo lacks poison fang.

Answers to Talonflame are madatory partners to this core, so bulky or fast electrics are appreciated. Answers to bisharp and such are also nice additions, so pokemon such as counter Skarmory can be used. Set up stoppers such as Thunderus and Klefki work well this core, as they prevent a dangerous position for the core and the team. Finally, hazard support is very useful to have, as it soften ups pokemon, so Sharpedo has an easier time sweeping.
Poison Jab hits harder than Poison Fang even after the Strong Jaw boost.

Poison Fang has a nice chance to Poison though, and combined with Protect, can allow Sharpedo to weaken stuff into KO range of Crunch. However, in most cases, Poison Jab is probably better due to higher BP.

Poison Fang has a nice chance to Poison though, and combined with Protect, can allow Sharpedo to weaken stuff into KO range of Crunch. However, in most cases, Poison Jab is probably better due to higher BP.
If you're banking on a chance of Poison, you're expecting your opponent to live. In which case, you probably shouldn't have brought out Sharpedo yet.

No, suppose he has like an Unaware Clefable out, and it switches in on a Poison Fang, and it gets poisoned, then you can go protect and it'll be weakened into waterfall KO range.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
You need that damage output since one of your main targets is fucking immune to passive damage. Also if they live they still get to hit you before dying to Poison, and Sharpedo does not want to take a hit from a Fairy that's trying to revenge kill it.

Last edited:
No, suppose he has like an Unaware Clefable out, and it switches in on a Poison Fang, and it gets poisoned, then you can go protect and it'll be weakened into waterfall KO range.
The difference between the two attacks on Clefable amounts to maybe 3% factoring in Strong Jaw.

For any other coverage I'd say this is negligible, but for Poison coverage, I have to insist you want every bit of power. Poison is not great coverage outside Fairy targets, and one of the prime Fairies is Clefable, who skirts an odd line in being easy to to KO, but deceptively hard to wear down from what I notice. Clefable is easy enough to beat if you can just smash it in 2 hits, but anything that needs residual damage has a nightmare getting that on to secure the 2HKO, even from something as common as hazards (because Magic Guard exists as well).

Other important Fairies:
- Mega Gardevoir
252+ Atk Mega Sharpedo Poison Jab vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Mega Gardevoir: 278-328 (100.3 - 118.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Strong Jaw Mega Sharpedo Poison Fang vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Mega Gardevoir: 260-308 (93.8 - 111.1%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

Again, minor, but why risk losing 37.5% of the time when you can win 100% of the time?

- Altaria (Typing made Fairy/Flying to simulate SR in base form)
252+ Atk Strong Jaw Mega Sharpedo Poison Fang vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Altaria: 128-152 (36.1 - 42.9%) -- 91.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Mega Sharpedo Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Altaria: 136-162 (38.4 - 45.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

And for a very, VERY specific case, Belly Drum Azumarill
252+ Atk Strong Jaw Mega Sharpedo Poison Fang vs. 92 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 228-270 (62.6 - 74.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Mega Sharpedo Poison Jab vs. 92 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 244-288 (67 - 79.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I know this is very nitpicky, but Poison Jab has a chance to KO Azumarill even after the Sitrus Berry, whereas Poison Fang never will. This means Sharpedo at full health might be able to panic stop Azumarill if it was saved for a late-game sweep

+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Sharpedo: 212-249 (75.4 - 88.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Poison Jab's advantages over Poison Fang are minor, but in terms of damage output, the main thing Sharpedo wants as a cleaner, Poison Jab has advantages, Poison Fang really does not. They're edge cases, but they're edge cases you don't gain anything in exchange for losing.

I already said that Poison Jab is better in most cases. I was just arguing that Poison Fang actually does have some uses in certain cases.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
The difference between the two attacks on Clefable amounts to maybe 3% factoring in Strong Jaw.

For any other coverage I'd say this is negligible, but for Poison coverage, I have to insist you want every bit of power. Poison is not great coverage outside Fairy targets, and one of the prime Fairies is Clefable, who skirts an odd line in being easy to to KO, but deceptively hard to wear down from what I notice. Clefable is easy enough to beat if you can just smash it in 2 hits, but anything that needs residual damage has a nightmare getting that on to secure the 2HKO, even from something as common as hazards (because Magic Guard exists as well).

Other important Fairies:
- Mega Gardevoir
252+ Atk Mega Sharpedo Poison Jab vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Mega Gardevoir: 278-328 (100.3 - 118.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Strong Jaw Mega Sharpedo Poison Fang vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Mega Gardevoir: 260-308 (93.8 - 111.1%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

Again, minor, but why risk losing 37.5% of the time when you can win 100% of the time?

- Altaria (Typing made Fairy/Flying to simulate SR in base form)
252+ Atk Strong Jaw Mega Sharpedo Poison Fang vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Altaria: 128-152 (36.1 - 42.9%) -- 91.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Mega Sharpedo Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Altaria: 136-162 (38.4 - 45.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

And for a very, VERY specific case, Belly Drum Azumarill
252+ Atk Strong Jaw Mega Sharpedo Poison Fang vs. 92 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 228-270 (62.6 - 74.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Mega Sharpedo Poison Jab vs. 92 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 244-288 (67 - 79.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I know this is very nitpicky, but Poison Jab has a chance to KO Azumarill even after the Sitrus Berry, whereas Poison Fang never will. This means Sharpedo at full health might be able to panic stop Azumarill if it was saved for a late-game sweep

+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Sharpedo: 212-249 (75.4 - 88.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Poison Jab's advantages over Poison Fang are minor, but in terms of damage output, the main thing Sharpedo wants as a cleaner, Poison Jab has advantages, Poison Fang really does not. They're edge cases, but they're edge cases you don't gain anything in exchange for losing.
Thank god they are people who are better at explaining things than me.

By the way Poison coverage doesn't matter for Gardevoir since Strong Jaw Crunch outdamages is.

252+ Atk Strong Jaw Mega Sharpedo Crunch vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Mega Gardevoir: 312-367 (112.6 - 132.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Balanced Core

Ive been having fun with core alot specially because with toxic spikes and a mon like jirachi, sableye has an easy time setting up on weakened mons after toxic spikes. As that being said with Toxic spikes being up jirachi can break the mons that counter sableye and just has a fun time with flinches and poison having a timer. Cruel gives me a fire switchin and a way to beat mons like heatran and also check lopunny to some sort overall pretty gimmicky core that is fun to use

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 20 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Calm Mind
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dark Pulse
- Recover

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 120 HP / 240 Atk / 148 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Substitute
- Zen Headbutt
- Fire Punch

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Acid Spray
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Rapid Spin

Offensive Core

With gallade weak to sableye+fatstallmons I placed on a heavy wallbreaker that gets checked by what gallade beats. With that being said I needed a mon that could check birdspam but also set up on mons after gallade and exploud do their job. Pretty simple minded but effective. speed on cune lets you speed creep no speed rotom and speed sploud goes for the same with mandibuzz.
Gallade (M) @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Exploud @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 156 HP / 252 SpA / 100 Spe
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Overheat
- Surf
- Focus Blast

Offensive Core

This a pretty solid wallbreaking core both walled by many mons and checked as well but in general i would place something in the form of rotom wash but that would just be a pivot anyways i can place it on later their are obviously more teammates. Moving on im really loving to use this core vs hyper offense since their arent too many switch ins to these two. Mega tar+terrak beats most common stall teams too barring their resistances. Terrak beats steels for tar while tar beats physics for terrak.
BLACKBEARD (Tyranitar) @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Punch
- Crunch
- Earthquake

AKAINU (Terrakion) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Last edited:
I already said that Poison Jab is better in most cases. I was just arguing that Poison Fang actually does have some uses in certain cases.
No it doesn't. You're a Sharpedo. If you're spamming Poison Fang fishing for a Toxic Poison you're using it wrong. Poison Jab has limited uses but it does hit harder. While the Poison chance isn't really relevant most of the time normal poison does outdamage toxic poison over two turns.

A weird deffensive core i think has good coverage.

Hippowdon (M) @ Smooth Rock/Rocky Helmet/Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream/Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic/Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Klefki (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Foul Play
- Magnet Rise

Venusaur @ Venusaurite/Black Sludge
Ability: Overgrow/Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Three bulky mons that can be a very "hazardous" trio (badumtchsss). I will like to start with Venusaur cause as suggested is better than roserade (;_;) which imo is great to deal with all those water types that are in OU (keldeo,azumarill,rotom-w) packed with hp fire to deal with ferro, i recomend the normal one to use this core with a sun+sand team so the mega better for char-y. Then what is the mayor problem for this little guy? Talonflame.... So I added hyppo (specially cause i was building a sand team lol) which has great bulk, reliable recover can set up SR and counters that few but powerfull fire tipes has well as tock types like t-tar that can beat rose. And finally is Klefki (Satans lil'child) that can take on latitwins and be a pain in the ass with that priority t-wave, magnet rise for trollin those who think can beat my klefki with an eq or earth power like Lando-i and spikes to complete the hazards abuse.

A great core for sand oriented teams, but me aware of char-y when buildin the team cause it can wear down this core if it comes on hippo.

I added as many versions of the core as i could think without forgetting its roll so it can fit in different teams.

Shout Out to all the People to help me to improve it n_n

Last edited:

Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic/Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Klefki (F) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Foul Play
- Magnet Rise

Roserade (F) @ Black Sludge/Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb
- Aromatherapy

This three underrated mons have very good synergy and can be a very "hazardous" trio (badumtchsss). I will like to start with Roserade which imo is great to deal with all those water types that are in OU (keldeo,azumarill,rotom-w) and with a boosted HP Fire can also hit really hard steel types like ferrothorn also acts like a cleric healing status. Then what is the mayor problem for this little guy? Talonflame.... So I added hyppo (specially cause i was building a sand team lol) which has great bulk, reliable recover can set up SR and counters that few but powerfull fire tipes has well as tock types like t-tar that can beat rose. And finally is Klefki (Satans lil'child) that can take on latitwins and be a pain in the ass with that priority t-wave, magnet rise for trollin those who think can beat my klefki with an eq or earth power like Lando-i and spikes to complete the hazards abuse.

A great core for sand oriented teams, but me aware of char-y when buildin the team cause it can wear down this core if it comes on hippo.
Mega Venusaur should replace Roserade. The former does the job of the latter - who is unviable in OU - so much better due to Roserade being very frail and weak.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Balanced Core

Ive been having fun with core alot specially because with toxic spikes and a mon like jirachi, sableye has an easy time setting up on weakened mons after toxic spikes. As that being said with Toxic spikes being up jirachi can break the mons that counter sableye and just has a fun time with flinches and poison having a timer. Cruel gives me a fire switchin and a way to beat mons like heatran and also check lopunny to some sort overall pretty gimmicky core that is fun to use

Sableye @ Sablenite
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 20 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Calm Mind
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dark Pulse
- Recover

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 120 HP / 240 Atk / 148 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Substitute
- Zen Headbutt
- Fire Punch

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Acid Spray
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Rapid Spin

Offensive Core

With gallade weak to sableye+fatstallmons I placed on a heavy wallbreaker that gets checked by what gallade beats. With that being said I needed a mon that could check birdspam but also set up on mons after gallade and exploud do their job. Pretty simple minded but effective. speed on cune lets you speed creep no speed rotom and speed sploud goes for the same with mandibuzz.
Gallade (M) @ Galladite
EVs: 200 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Exploud @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 156 HP / 252 SpA / 100 Spe
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Overheat
- Surf
- Focus Blast

Offensive Core

This a pretty solid wallbreaking core both walled by many mons and checked as well but in general i would place something in the form of rotom wash but that would just be a pivot anyways i can place it on later their are obviously more teammates. Moving on im really loving to use this core vs hyper offense since their arent too many switch ins to these two. Mega tar+terrak beats most common stall teams too barring their resistances. Terrak beats steels for tar while tar beats physics for terrak.
BLACKBEARD (Tyranitar) @ Tyranitarite
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Punch
- Crunch
- Earthquake

AKAINU (Terrakion) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
The first core is already in the op, and I'm scratching my head over your Jirachi set. Gallade is missing EVs.
The last core doesn't seem that great considering how awful rock typing is, and having 2 rock types just hurts team synergy so much.

Mega Venusaur should replace Roserade. The former does the job of the latter - who is unviable in OU - so much better due to Roserade being very frail and weak.
This is more directed to Sand teams so i think mega venu is wasting the mega but yeah i think regular venu is better than roserade but because i started around roserade i didn't think on switchin it but i will thanks n_n

Ox the Fox

is a Tiering Contributorwon the 8th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Smogon Charity Bowl IV Winner

Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic/Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Klefki (F) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Foul Play
- Magnet Rise

Venusaur @ Venusaurite/Black Sludge
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leech Seed

Three bulky mons that can be a very "hazardous" trio (badumtchsss). I will like to start with Venusaur cause as suggested is better than roserade (;_;) which imo is great to deal with all those water types that are in OU (keldeo,azumarill,rotom-w) packed with hp fire to deal with ferro, i recomend the normal one to use this core with a sun+sand team so the mega better for char-y. Then what is the mayor problem for this little guy? Talonflame.... So I added hyppo (specially cause i was building a sand team lol) which has great bulk, reliable recover can set up SR and counters that few but powerfull fire tipes has well as tock types like t-tar that can beat rose. And finally is Klefki (Satans lil'child) that can take on latitwins and be a pain in the ass with that priority t-wave, magnet rise for trollin those who think can beat my klefki with an eq or earth power like Lando-i and spikes to complete the hazards abuse.

This is a pretty good core but just a few things. First off, run synthesis over leech seed on venusaur and cross out black sludge. Synthesis allows you to stay alive much longer and much more consistently than leech seed. Also run sand force on hippodown. This makes sure you don't minimize venusaur's synthesis effectiveness. Other than that nice core n_n, my friend has a team using it and it's really good.

This is a pretty good core but just a few things. First off, run synthesis over leech seed on venusaur and cross out black sludge. Synthesis allows you to stay alive much longer and much more consistently than leech seed. Also run sand force on hippodown. This makes sure you don't minimize venusaur's synthesis effectiveness. Other than that nice core n_n, my friend has a team using it and it's really good.
Lol i forgot to change it yeah you are right synthesis over leech see is much better i took an old venusaur and didn't check it.
About black sludge is just and option in case you one to use another mega i want to keep this core as versatile as posible but thanks for the advise :D i will change a few things following your advise.

Lol i forgot to change it yeah you are right synthesis over leech see is much better i took an old venusaur and didn't check it.
About black sludge is just and option in case you one to use another mega i want to keep this core as versatile as posible but thanks for the advise :D i will change a few things following your advise.
Without the extra bulk and Thick Fat Venusaur isn't worth using on a Sand team. At that point you'd be better off either changing the Mega or using a different core.

Without the extra bulk and Thick Fat Venusaur isn't worth using on a Sand team. At that point you'd be better off either changing the Mega or using a different core.
And as i said below I will keep the core as versatile as possible givin you the option to choose betten, both you preffer mega venu in sand team, use it, you preferer regular venu with closophyll for a sand+char y team then go for it

And as i said below I will keep the core as versatile as possible givin you the option to choose betten, both you preffer mega venu in sand team, use it, you preferer regular venu with closophyll for a sand+char y team then go for it
The issue is that the version of Venusaur used for Sun teams has a completely different EV spread than Mega Venusaur. If you look at Ox the Box's CharY + Venusaur core, you'll see that you need significantly more speed EVs in order to take advantage of Chlorophyll. While the teammates you listed can work with Chlorophyll Venusaur in a Sand+Char Y team, your particular spread is not optimized for that structure nor is Black Sludge really preferred (Life Orb would be preferred). As is, it just seems like your post says that you can just swap Venusaurite for Black Sludge, which is misleading.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Yeah i'll just let boltsandbombers go ahead and place a verdict on the discussion at hand. Anima Artificialis and boltsandbombers if there is any concerns feel free to message each other as to how you want the core to be displayed. For now lets just consider it settled with bolts placing a verdict like he usually does when he updates. That way we can just focus on other cores thanks.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream / Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Foul Play
- Spore

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lava Plume
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Protect

So here's an altered version of the core that's been discussed to death above. Hippo hasn't changed at all, it's still the fat Ground type we all know and love, being able to switch in on most physical attackers and set up Stealth Rock throughout a battle. Amoonguss provides a great stop to mons like Keldeo and Azumarill thanks to it's typing. It's bulk is almost as good as Mega Saur's, plus having access to Foul Play and Spore is really nice, and Regenerator means that it doesn't get worn out as easily as Mega Venusaur does, especially with Sand in play. Heatran finishes off the core by stopping things like Latias, while being able to keep Lando-T out from fear of Lava Plume. Together, they make for a pretty solid defensive core that can deal with many of the meta's top attackers.

Should probably mention that Taunt Gengar roflstomps this core, so bringing a check is extremely important. Something like Scarf Tyranitar or AV Torn-T would work well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)