Resource ORAS Good Cores (Check Post #714)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Offensive core, 3 attacks + Tail Glow Manaphy + Agility Mega Scizor

I'm probably an evil person for doing this, but after a some testing, I found these two work fantastic together. At first, Agility Scizor might look out of the ordinary, but it's actually a set that literally nobody prepares for, and it teams up substantially well with Manaphy. Obviously being able to pass Agility boosts to Manaphy is nice, since after an Agility Manaphy pretty much outspeeds everything on offense, but it also handles Unaware Clefable, one of the only things that can handle Manaphy on balance. At +3 Special Attack and +2 Speed, you can pretty much say goodbye to your whole team. Energy Ball is preferred over Hidden Power Fire on this particular Manaphy core thanks to its ability to lure in Keldeo and other bulky Water-types, which is otherwise a huge pain to this core, although Hidden Power Fire can be used to bait in Ferrothorn. This core really struggles with said Water-types, so good partners include Thundurus, Serperior and even Shaymin. This core also gets eaten alive by Charizard Y, but Manaphy can live a Solarbeam in a pinch and OHKO back with Scald at +3 after the smallest amount of prior damage. Latias and Latios can deal with Charizard Y and can clear hazards from your side if needed.

Have fun sweeping.
The Mapmaker (Manaphy) @ Wacan Berry / Lum Berry
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball / HP Fire

Smokahontas (Scizor) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Baton Pass
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Agility

Or, quoted directly from below (Thanks fren :))
If your goal is to lure Heatran, I'm more partial to a M-Scizor set of 248 HP / 24 Atk / 144 Def / 92 Spe Adamant, which allows you to outspeed everything up to Timid ScarfTran after 1 Agility. You lose a fair bit of the bulk that your set provides, but this retains far more Heatran lure capability and gets the 2HKO on 252 / 252+ Def Unaware Clefable after Rocks, as well as sporting the bulk of 248 HP / 16 Def Impish sets.

While your defensive set lets you tank Adamant M-Lop / Adamant LO Exca, I'd just like to suggest this for its potential to clean up Clef and lure Heatran more effectively.

E @ below, I really didn't want to cluster up the thread.
Oops, wrong spread for Scizor hehe, removed that part @_@
Gonna be honest here, I guess it's mostly personal preference. Regular Scizor works just fine here, but Mega Scizor is much bulkier and I guess I just prefer that. It's all up to you my friend.

About Gliscor, Scizor lures in Heatran (and other Fire-types, I guess). As it switches in, you can Agility, outspeed afterwards, and Baton Pass into Manaphy, take literally nothing from a Lava Plume, Tail Glow and then sweep. It's such a small detail but one that I think warrants using over Gliscor.

Last edited:
Offensive core, 3 attacks + Tail Glow Manaphy + Agility Mega Scizor

I'm probably an evil person for doing this, but after a some testing, I found these two work fantastic together. At first, Agility Scizor might look out of the ordinary, but it's actually a set that literally nobody prepares for, and it teams up substantially well with Manaphy. Obviously being able to pass Agility boosts to Manaphy is nice, since after an Agility Manaphy pretty much outspeeds everything on offense, but it also handles Unaware Clefable, one of the only things that can handle Manaphy on balance, thanks to Bullet Punch 2HKOing after Stealth Rock and a layer of Spikes. At +3 Special Attack and +2 Speed, you can pretty much say goodbye to your whole team. Energy Ball is preferred over Hidden Power Fire on this particular Manaphy core thanks to its ability to lure in Keldeo and other bulky Water-types, which is otherwise a huge pain to this core, although Hidden Power Fire can be used to bait in Ferrothorn. This core really struggles with said Water-types, so good partners include Thundurus, Serperior and even Shaymin. This core also gets eaten alive by Charizard Y, but Manaphy can live a Solarbeam in a pinch and OHKO back with Scald at +3 after the smallest amount of prior damage. Latias and Latios can deal with Charizard Y and can clear hazards from your side if needed.

Have fun sweeping.
The Mapmaker (Manaphy) @ Wacan Berry / Lum Berry
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball / HP Fire

Smokahontas (Scizor) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Baton Pass
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Agility
Is there a specific reason Mega Scizor works as an AgilityPasser? Something like Gliscor or vanilla Scizor would achieve the same effect while also freeing the Mega slot for something else, especially where your Mega Scizor spread fails to 2HKO standard Unaware Clefable (SR and Spikes seems like a lot of theoretical support, especially where Scizor would be switching into Clefable to check it).

Edit: cool, just hoping you weren't expecting to switch Mega Scizor into Clefable and beat it that way.

Last edited:
About Gliscor, Scizor lures in Heatran (and other Fire-types, I guess). As it switches in, you can Agility, outspeed afterwards, and Baton Pass into Manaphy, take literally nothing from a Lava Plume, Tail Glow and then sweep. It's such a small detail but one that I think warrants using over Gliscor.
If your goal is to lure Heatran, I'm more partial to a M-Scizor set of 248 HP / 24 Atk / 144 Def / 92 Spe Adamant, which allows you to outspeed everything up to Timid ScarfTran after 1 Agility. You lose a fair bit of the bulk that your set provides, but this retains far more Heatran lure capability and gets the 2HKO on 252 / 252+ Def Unaware Clefable after Rocks, as well as sporting the bulk of 248 HP / 16 Def Impish sets.

While your defensive set lets you tank Adamant M-Lop / Adamant LO Exca, I'd just like to suggest this for its potential to clean up Clef and lure Heatran more effectively.

Mega Altaria + Lure Mew

Mew @ Expert Belt
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psychic
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
I'd slash Gunk Shot to take on Clefable, which troubles this core somewhat.

4 Atk Expert Belt Mew Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Clefable: 218-259 (55.3 - 65.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Otherwise you really can't do much to it:

252 SpA Mew Psychic vs. 252 HP / 84+ SpD Clefable: 111-132 (28.1 - 33.5%) -- 93.7% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

This is a defensive core.

Offensive Mega Slowbro + Physically Defensive Chesnaught + Specially Defensive Heatran

This core has fantastic synergy and works well together in terms of moves. I started the core with an offensive Mega Slowbro set, figuring that the combination of its insane bulk, status and coverage moves would be fun to build around. Scald could spread burns around, and coverage via Fire Blast and Psychic could catch it's normal checks off guard. Mega Slowbro struggles with Electric-, Grass-, and Dark-types like Bisharp, Ferrothorn and Thundurus so I added Chesnaught. Chesnaught adds lots of utility to the team, such as Spikes and Leech Seed support, as well as being able to check the aftermentioned threats. Chesnaught has a tons of weaknesses to Flying-, Fairy, Fire-types, so I added Heatran. Heatran provides Stealth Rock for even more hazard fun, and to top it all off, it comes with Lava Plume for more burns and Roar for tons of chip damage.

This core is fantastic when utilized with hard-hitting threats that struggle to deal with offensive teams. This core appreciates Heal Bell support from the likes of Sylveon, Clefable, and Chansey. However, the core struggles significantly against Thundurus and Mega-Altaria, two huge trending metagame threats right now, so carrying Pokemon like Assault Vest Tornadus-Therian, Zapdos, and/or Hippowdon to mitigate this (thanks to xbooty for the suggestions here).

Importable:

Slowbro @ Slowbroite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 136 SpA / 80 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Fire Blast
- Slack Off

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Drain Punch
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Last edited:
Slowbro @ Slowbroite
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpA
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
I remember a spread that works better for offensive M-Slowbro, to the tune of 252 HP / 36 Def / 136 SpA / 80 SpD / 4 Spe Modest. 80 SpD allows you to take 2 Specs Keldeo Hydro Pumps afer Stealth Rocks, and the defense EVs make sure you can tank a +1 Adamant Zard-X's Dragon Claw twice. 4 Spe is for beating other Slowbro, in case you remove Chesnaught for something else and would like to run Grass Knot on your own Slowbro. 4 Speed is also good for things like Amoonguss. I would also recommend running Psychic over Ice Beam, otherwise you lose the ability to check CM Keldeo and ZardX, something you really do not want to miss out on. The drop in Special Attack isn't tragic, thankfully, as it still allows you to take care of the threats you're supposed to.

(thanks Agent Gibbs for mentioning the set somewhere in the teambuilding shop thread)

Last edited:

Sabella

formerly Booty
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
Offensive Mega Slowbro + Physically Defensive Chesnaught + Specially Defensive Heatran

This core has fantastic synergy and works well together in terms of moves. I started the core with an offensive Mega Slowbro set, figuring that the combination of its insane bulk, status and coverage moves would be fun to build around. Scald could spread burns around, and coverage via Fire Blast and Ice Beam could catch it's normal checks off guard. Mega Slowbro struggles with Electric-, Grass-, and Dark-types like Bisharp, Ferrothorn and Thundurus so I added Chesnaught. Chesnaught adds lots of utility to the team, such as Spikes and Leech Seed support, as well as being able to check the mentioned threats. Chesnaught has a tons of weaknesses to Flying-, Fairy, Fire-types, so I added Heatran. Heatran provides Stealth Rock for even more hazard fun, and to top it all off, it comes with Lava Plume for more burns and Roar for tons of chip damage. This core is fantastic when utilized with hard-hitting threats that struggle to deal with offensive teams. This core appreciates Heal Bell support from the likes of Sylveon, Clefable, and Chansey.

Slowbro @ Slowbroite
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpA
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Drain Punch
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
Looks like a cool core but mega altaria puts immensive pressure on this core and even with chestnaught thundurus still does a number to this core. To anyone who decides to use hippowdon and ass vest torn t and zapdos would prob help round out a team with this core

Not sure if this had been posted but I nominate this core:

+

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 96 SpD / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Return
- Heal Bell / Earthquake

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Superpower / Ice Punch

Feraligatr's common checks are normally bulky Waters, Thundurus-I, Manectric, Celebi, Serperior and Ferrothorn. Mega Altaria laughs and sets up on all of the listed Pokemon except Ferrothorn who can be lured with Superpower. In return, Feraligatr can take on Scizor (and it's Mega), Jirachi, Hippowdon and Heatran while also being able to defeat Mega Metagross, Gengar and opposing Mega Altaria (if it runs Ice Punch) once it sets up. Earthquake is an option to threaten Bisharp and take some pressure off Feraligatr while Heal Bell allows Mega Alt to be less concerned about stray Scald burns, Will-O-Wisp and Thunder Wave .Feraligar can also function as a wallbreaker as even physically defensive Skarmory is 2HKOed by it after Stealth Rock (if it is at +1), allowing Mega Altaria to clean up easier.

However, this core struggles to get past Mega Venusaur (+1 Crunch 2HKOes but Mega Venusaur can recover a lot of health back with Giga Drain as it OHKOes Gatr and Mega Alt). Azumarill can also prove to be a problem. Unaware Clefable can prove to be annoying but Feraligatr can 2HKO it with Waterfall if Rocks are up. Quagsire can also be beaten by Feraligatr provided that Spikes and Rocks are up.

As for teammates, Talonflame and Alakazam are good partners because they can defeat Mega Venusaur and Ferrothorn (thanks to user Analytic for the tip) . Serperior is also a notable mention as it OHKOes Azumarill and can lure Ferrothorn and Scizor with Hidden Power Fire while also completely wiping the floor with bulky Waters.

Last edited:
Mega Latias + Chesnaught + Heatran Offensive Core

Here's a fun core I used a while back- I've edited it a bit to better fit the meta and patch it up a bit.

So, a little background, I literally just built this core because it sounded fun to use, so I decided to try it out. I found some inspiration from a couple earlier cores in this thread, specifically those involving M-Latias. The most obvious of which was a defensive Ches + Mega Latias core, but I wanted to take a different approach to these two really neat mons, because I don't like to play stall or even true balance. So I knew that I wanted to make the team at least somewhere in the balance-offense range. So, I completely overhauled the sets, especially Chesnaught. As the core I mentioned demonstrates, these two have great defensive synergy, but they also have wonderful offensive synergy, for obvious reasons. Ches can handle the dark and Steels that totally screw Latias over, and Latias smacks the poisons that wall Ches to hell and back. There are some really crippling weaknesses that these two share tho, namely, fairies mamo, (can't switch in (it never really can) but it puts the hurt on these two) Gengar, and most of all, Talonflame. So clearly there was something missing. The number one mon I could think of to check most of this stuff was Tran. It walls fairies for days, can beat mamo if you play it right, and, perhaps most importantly, stops Talonflame dead in its tracks. Gengar is still a problem, however, it loses against Latias if it tries to come in once you've boosted, but that is about the only way these three can beat it, especially the taunt set. Ches can absorb shadow balls to try to pull some sort of double switch, but that is pretty situational.

The EVs are most likely suboptimal, especially Latias, but I didn't want to take the time to perfect them just to post the set. However, they do actually serve a purpose. I decided Latias has enough power and special bulk as is, so I decided to dump everything into Def and Spe so as to tank whatever I could physically and to at least speed tie with Gengar. Also, before it gets brought up, No, you do not want to run overgrow so you can ohko Mega Latias at +6, since Stone Edge does that anyway, and bulletproof lets you set up on a lot of stuff you otherwise couldn't. Also the coverage is way better w/ Stone Edge. Chesnaught has the standard bellynaught spread, not much to explain there, and Tran is just a relatively standard air balloon Tran set- slightly modified. Air balloon is just my favorite set for offense for the most part so I just slapped it on, however, I think scarf may be preferable here, especially since it outspeeds Gengar. If scarf is chosen, you should run Earth Power and Overheat rather than Taunt and Fireblast, for obvious reasons.

Latias @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Stored Power
- Dragon Pulse

Chesnaught (M) @ Salac Berry
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Belly Drum
- Drain Punch
- Stone Edge

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 16 Atk / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Taunt
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge
- Flash Cannon

Or

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 16 Atk / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Earth Power
- Ovsrheat
- Stone Edge
- Flash Cannon

Note: this core appreciates hazard control on both sides more than most, for two reasons, one, if Chesnaught can't straight up ohko something, it's basically screwed, especially if you haven't had an opportunity to use drain punch to heal yourself, and two, just like any belly drum set, it's easily worn down, tho less than most. So keep that in mind.

Last edited:

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
Hello again, and I'm back with another core. For my Offensive Core I present The Abandoned Puppet ft. Mega Banette and Keldeo.

Banette @ Banettite
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Gunk Shot
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Sneak

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump/Hidden Power [Electric]/Hidden Power [Bug]
- Icy Wind

OR

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Before you even say "Mega Banette is trash", and "Are you a noob?" I have been using Mega Banette for quite awhile and I haven't seen a core with it, so I thought I could have my chance of saying about it.

Explanation
Mega Banette is a very underated mega with a questionable moveset, I have been using this set with Gunk Shot and Its been working the best. I have already made a post on how Mega Banette's Gunk Shot can OHKO a Clefable, as it lures in Clerics mostly Fairy types, which benefits Keldeo's Fairy type weakness. Its Mega Evolution's ability is Prankster making status moves have +1 Priority. This makes Will-O-Wisp a threat to any team, as it cripples any Physical attacker, such as Mega Metagross, Mega Altaria, Landorus-Therian, and etc. Shadow Sneak is a STAB Ghost type move, and goes first getting a quick priority kill. When running low on HP and a Threat is going to kill you with an attack Destiny Bond comes in handy, as it goes first with its Prankster ability making sure to take that pokemon down. Mega Banette can't handle Heatran, Bisharp, and T-Tar as they wall it, or kill it with their STAB Dark type moves. This is where Keldeo benefits Mega Banette as it can check T-Tar, and Bisharp by taking a Dark type hit and Counter Heatran with its great typing. Keldeo also benefits Mega Banette as it outspeeds, and can takeout most of its threats. After switching into one of Banette's checks and usually forcing them to switchout, you'll be able to get off a free powerful attack with the Choice Specs set or set up with its SubCM set. SubCM also works well as with Fairies gone, Keldeo can potentially sweep the opponents team.

252+ Atk Mega Banette Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 206-246 (68.4 - 81.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Mega Banette Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Mega Metagross: 134-162 (44.5 - 53.8%) -- 33.6% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Mega Banette Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 302-356 (76.6 - 90.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Mega Banette Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Mega Gardevoir: 236-282 (85.1 - 101.8%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Banette: 171-202 (51.5 - 60.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Good Partners
Flying Resistance (T-Tar, Heatran, and Electric types work well)
Venusaur Counters (Psychic types work well)
Electric Counters (Mega Manectric and Raikou are the biggest threats)
Gengar Counters (Its not that common, but it is also a major threat)
Field Hazards (Stealth Rocks and Spikes do damage to those switching out which is nice for Banette to Sweep)

I hope you liked my core, and have a nice day ^_^

Last edited:
Hello again, and I'm back with another core. For my Offensive Core I present The Abandoned Puppet ft. Mega Banette and Keldeo.

Banette @ Banettite
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Gunk Shot
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Sneak

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump/Hidden Power [Electric]/Hidden Power [Bug]
- Icy Wind

OR

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Before you even say "Mega Banette is trash", and "Are you a noob?" I have been using Mega Banette for quite awhile and I haven't seen a core with it, so I thought I could have my chance of saying about it.

Explanation
Mega Banette is a very underated mega with a questionable moveset, I have been using this set with Gunk Shot and Its been working the best. I have already made a post on how Mega Banette's Gunk Shot can OHKO a Clefable, as it lures in Clerics mostly Fairy types, which benefits Keldeo's Fairy type weakness. Its Mega Evolution's ability is Prankster making status moves have +1 Priority. This makes Will-O-Wisp a threat to any team, as it cripples any Physical attacker, such as Mega Metagross, Mega Altaria, Landorus-Therian, and etc. Shadow Sneak is a STAB Ghost type move, and goes first getting a quick priority kill. When running low on HP and a Threat is going to kill you with an attack Destiny Bond comes in handy, as it goes first with its Prankster ability making sure to take that pokemon down. Mega Banette can't handle Heatran, Bisharp, and T-Tar as they wall it, or kill it with their STAB Dark type moves. This is where Keldeo benefits Mega Banette as it can check T-Tar, and Bisharp by taking a Dark type hit and Counter Heatran with its great typing. Keldeo also benefits Mega Banette as it outspeeds, and can takeout most of its threats. After switching into one of Banette's checks and usually forcing them to switchout, you'll be able to get off a free powerful attack with the Choice Specs set or set up with its SubCM set. SubCM also works well as with Fairies gone, Keldeo can potentially sweep the opponents team.

252+ Atk Mega Banette Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 206-246 (68.4 - 81.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Mega Banette Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Mega Metagross: 134-162 (44.5 - 53.8%) -- 33.6% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Mega Banette Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 302-356 (76.6 - 90.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Mega Banette Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Mega Gardevoir: 236-282 (85.1 - 101.8%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Banette: 171-202 (51.5 - 60.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Good Partners
Flying Resistance (T-Tar, Heatran, and Electric types work well)
Venusaur Counters (Psychic types work well)
Electric Counters (Mega Manectric and Raikou are the biggest threats)
Gengar Counters (Its not that common, but it is also a major threat)
Field Hazards (Stealth Rocks and Spikes do damage to those switching out which is nice for Banette to Sweep)

I hope you liked my core, and have a nice day ^_^
Mega-Banette. Mega-Banette. Is this real life? I didn't think someone could actually make this work - and yet, here it is.

Anyways, I have another core to share, featuring Doom Desire Jirachi:

Jirachi + Manaphy + Tornadus-T Offensive Core

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 172 Spe
Modest Nature
- Doom Desire
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Protect

Manaphy @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 108 Def / 136 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance
- Rest
- Scald

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Icy Wind / Focus Blast / Hidden Power Ice
- Knock Off
- U-turn
If there's something I've learned to love, it's Jirachi. Amazing fairy-type check, nice all-around stats, solid typing, moveOCEAN, you name it. Its main downfall lies in its inability to take some exceedingly powerful hits, even with defensive investment, its rather middling speed tier, and weakness to some common catch-all threats, most notably Heatran and Lando-T.

This particular Jirachi set, however, is special. Doom Desire is the single strongest special Steel move in the game, and coming from 252+ SpA, it'll even seriously dent a lot of switch-ins that resist Steel, like Bisharp or M-Venusaur. Psychic is your anti-Venusaur button, making short work of it, as well as other Fighting-types that have ways of outdamaging you, like Keldeo, M-Lopunny and Conkeldurr. U-turn lets you switch out of a bad matchup, which benefits Doom Desire greatly by leaving your opponent in a checkmate situation - do they tank the Doom Desire easily and risk Jirachi's teammate taking advantage of it, or switch into something that answers said teammate, but gets crippled by Doom Desire in the process? Protect lets you stall out a turn, either for scouting or for stalling Doom Desire turns.

172 Speed is to outspeed all non-Scarf variants of Heatran, even 252 Spe Timid and U-turn out. Max SpA is a given for the most oomph out of Doom Desire, and the rest is pumped into HP.
Manaphy is an amazing teammate for Jirachi, by virtue of its ability to lure in checks like Grass-, Fairy-, Water- and Electric-types, as well as various other special walls, and shred them with Doom Desire before hitting them with heavily boosted Water-type attacks they can no longer stomach.

This is the standard TG + RD set's moves, with Rest instead of a second attack, and a bulkier spread for efficiently tanking M-Altaria, M-Metagross, and Lando-T while still outspeeding Bisharp. +6 Scald still tears apart stall teams, and with Doom Desire's help, can even break down a lot of its switch-ins. 136 SpA still allows it to beat MG+CM Clefable, while the rest is put into bulk for the reasons above.

The main draw of Manaphy, though, is its unbelievable threat level with Jirachi 'charging his lazor' on a 2-turn timer. Manaphy is most certainly NOT something the opponent wants setting up with impunity, but at the same time, they could lose a favourable matchup by virtue of a massive Steel-type attack stomping its heel into their collective larynx, should they choose to switch out.

Outside of that, Manaphy does a great job eating up status and being a potent sweeper by its own merits.
Torn-T rounds this core out by providing a foil against most non-Electric special attacks, like those from Gengar and Alakazam.

Hurricane is standard fare, which also gains a useful boost in accuracy if Manaphy's Rain Dance is still up. Icy Wind is this team's way of bopping Dragons and 4x Ice-weak 'mons, while also inconveniencing speedy Electric-types like M-Manectric and Raikou, as well as some standard Scarfers. Knock Off and U-turn provide a lot of synergy with this core - Knock Off makes Manaphy's job easier against Chansey, and U-turn gives you more chances to bring in Jirachi or Manaphy for disgustingly strong attacks. You can use Focus Blast / Heat Wave over Icy Wind if Ferrothorn, Scizor and Tyranitar are bigger issues (though rain doesn't quite favour Heat Wave), or HP Ice if you want to avoid giving Bisharp a Defiant boost or want to 1v1 SpDef Gliscor.
This core absolutely needs something to handle Electric-type attacks, and Ferrothorn if you choose not to run coverage for it on Torn-T. Hazard stacking finds a good place in supporting Jirachi, such as Spikes or TSpikes if one is so inclined, or just regular old SR. Hazard removal is also appreciated, as it makes Torn-T's job that much easier to perform. Fast attackers like Talonflame are somewhat foiled by Rain and Jirachi, but it would also be useful to carry a secondary check to that and similar revenge-killers / physical powerhouses.

Last edited:

p2

Banned deucer.
Starmie + Kyurem-B + Mega Gyarados Offensive Core

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Substitute

So this is the core I used in my Lando suspect test team and I was actually pretty surprised at how effective it was. 4 Attacks KyuB is a monster, it loses out on longevity without Roost and it can't avoid status since no Substitute, but this thing just destroys balance cores, especially teams that were reliant on Ferrothorn stopping KyuB. Plus it's great for stopping Scizors thinking they can get a free SD or U-Turn off. Gyarados is a great Stallbreaker and likes having its checks like Venusaur, Amoonguss or Skarmory removed which KyuB did a great job of, while Gyara could set up on mons like Slowbro which can be a problem for KyuB, and Starmie was needed for spinning because Gyara + KyuB are both weak to SR and it also checked Thundurus which is a pretty big threat to the core, especially if it's running Focus Blast.

Starmie + Kyurem-B + Mega Gyarados Offensive Core

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Substitute

So this is the core I used in my Lando suspect test team and I was actually pretty surprised at how effective it was. 4 Attacks KyuB is a monster, it loses out on longevity without Roost and it can't avoid status since no Substitute, but this thing just destroys balance cores, especially teams that were reliant on Ferrothorn stopping KyuB. Plus it's great for stopping Scizors thinking they can get a free SD or U-Turn off. Gyarados is a great Stallbreaker and likes having its checks like Venusaur, Amoonguss or Skarmory removed which KyuB did a great job of, while Gyara could set up on mons like Slowbro which can be a problem for KyuB, and Starmie was needed for spinning because Gyara + KyuB are both weak to SR and it also checked Thundurus which is a pretty big threat to the core, especially if it's running Focus Blast.
Is there anything specific which psychic hits over psyshock? If not i would prefer changing Psychic into Psyshock as it deals with stuff such as CM Keldeo and Chansey better.

Is there anything specific which psychic hits over psyshock? If not i would prefer changing Psychic into Psyshock as it deals with stuff such as CM Keldeo and Chansey better.
Analytic OHKOs, mainly.

252 SpA Life Orb Analytic Starmie Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Venusaur: 354-421 (97.2 - 115.6%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Analytic Starmie Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Mega Venusaur: 234-276 (64.2 - 75.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Does worse against Chansey, but you don't even 3HKO the blob with an Analytic boost anyways, and Psychic still wrecks Keldeo even at +2/+2. You also have a harder-hitting move for things like Rotom-W, which can tank a Psyshock reasonably well, but is 2HKOed by Psychic.

252 SpA Life Orb Starmie Psychic vs. +2 0 HP / 4 SpD Keldeo: 174-211 (53.8 - 65.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Starmie Psychic vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 152-179 (50.1 - 59%) -- 76.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Starmie Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 216+ Def Rotom-W: 101-121 (33.3 - 39.9%) -- 24.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

p2

Banned deucer.
Gets more damage on Rotom, Venusaur and a few other Physically Defensive mons. It still handles CM Keldeo pretty well, so it's a minor issue and even though the damage output on Chansey is less, it barely matters since it can easily heal it off since an Analytic Psyshock does like 40% and you're forced out the next turn anyway.

Sabella

formerly Booty
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
Not sure if this had been posted but I nominate this core:

+

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 96 SpD / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Return
- Heal Bell / Earthquake

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Superpower / Ice Punch

Feraligatr's common checks are normally bulky Waters, Thundurus-I, Manectric, Celebi, Serperior and Ferrothorn. Mega Altaria laughs and sets up on all of the listed Pokemon except Ferrothorn who can be lured with Superpower. In return, Feraligatr can take on Scizor (and it's Mega), Jirachi, Hippowdon and Heatran while also being able to defeat Mega Metagross, Gengar and opposing Mega Altaria (if it runs Ice Punch) once it sets up. Earthquake is an option to threaten Bisharp and take some pressure off Feraligatr while Heal Bell allows Mega Alt to be less concerned about stray Scald burns, Will-O-Wisp and Thunder Wave .Feraligar can also function as a wallbreaker as even physically defensive Skarmory is 2HKOed by it after Stealth Rock (if it is at +1), allowing Mega Altaria to clean up easier.

However, this core struggles to get past Mega Venusaur (+1 Crunch 2HKOes but Mega Venusaur can recover a lot of health back with Giga Drain as it OHKOes Gatr and Mega Alt). Azumarill can also prove to be a problem. Unaware Clefable can prove to be annoying but Feraligatr can 2HKO it with Waterfall if Rocks are up. Quagsire can also be beaten by Feraligatr provided that Spikes and Rocks are up.

As for teammates, Talonflame and Alakazam are good partners because they can defeat Mega Venusaur and Ferrothorn (thanks to user Analytic for the tip) . Serperior is also a notable mention as it OHKOes Azumarill and can lure Ferrothorn and Scizor with Hidden Power Fire while also completely wiping the floor with bulky Waters.
also could consider sd gatr to walbreak more

jpw234

Catastrophic Event Specialist
Here's an offensive FWG core based on supporting a Mega-Sharpedo clean

You can tell it's FWG because there's a red mon, a blue mon, and a green mon.

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Crunch
- Protect

Serperior @ Coba Berry
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Taunt

Gyarados @ Cheri Berry
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Natural Gift

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Adamant Nature / Jolly Nature
- Waterfall / Hydro Pump
- Ice Fang / Zen Headbutt / Poison Jab
- Crunch
- Protect
I was very skeptical of Mega-Sharpedo when it was announced and have frequently badmouthed it. I take it all back. Strong Jaw Crunch HURTS! The biggest downside to Sharpedo is that you typically only have one real shot to sweep at +1 or +2 speed, but if you play smart you can sometimes get some damage off in normal form and then come back later to mega and finish the job. Sharpedo cleans up very well against offense but has trouble with some fat shit and waters like Rotom-W, Keldeo, Azumarill, Ferrothorn, Talonflame and Thundurus, which is why we've got our supporting members to follow. Adamant nature is chosen because Ada +1 outspeeds most stuff you need to and you can often get to +2 with some smart play if absolutely necessary. The choice between Waterfall and Hydro Pump is kind of personal preference as well as team dependent, and Ice Fang vs. Poison Jab vs. Zen Headbutt is also completely team dependent. I will say that I like Poison Jab the least, since it's pretty weak even against Clefable. Ice Fang helps with Land-T and FatChomp while Zen Headbutt helps get you past Keldeo and to a lesser extent Azumarill.

Gyarados @ Cheri Berry
Jolly Nature / Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Natural Gift
Gyarados is clearly a red, fire-breathing dragon, so GameFreak naturally gave it the capability to use moves like Fire Blast and Fire Fang, like every other dragon in the game. Unfortunately this one fell in the water, so it needs a bit of outside assistance to get back to firebreathing like it used to. So here we have the Cheri Berry Nat Gift set, which combines the typical strengths of offensive Gyarados with the specific ability to pick off two Pokemon that are very threatening to Mega-Sharpedo - Thundurus and Ferrothorn. Luring these two in particular is very useful to clear the way for Sharpedo. Gyara also wears down other Sharpedo answers like Keldeo and Azumarill with Bounce, so it doubles as both a complementary wallbreaker and a useful lure for Sharp. Jolly is preferred to outspeed stuff like Manectric and Lopunny after a DD, but that choice is team-dependent.

These two waters form the primary offensive core, and next is a supplemental choice that complements them quite nicely.

Serperior @ Coba Berry
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Taunt
I am madly in love with this Pokemon!!! Serperior is freaking amazing. The above two mons struggle with a couple waters (Rotom-W, Keldeo, Azu in particular) and also lack speed initially, so Serperior is helpful there. You can choose between a bunch of different sets here - HP Fire is obviously nice for Ferrothorn, particularly if you don't want to use Nat Gift Gyara, Glare helps the above two find set-up opportunities, and a more wallbreaker-focused set with LO would work nice to soften stuff up for Sharpedo. But here I'm choosing the Coba Berry HP Rock set to lure in and dispatch Char-Y (and often Char-X since they typically switch in on Leaf Storm and then stay un-megaed to DD in order to avoid Dragon Pulse KOing them), Talonflame and to a lesser extent Tornadus-T. Talonflame in particular is annoying to the above two Pokemon, so that's the major motivation, but Char-Y is also a pain to switch into on HO. I've picked Taunt in the last slot to assist against bulkier teams, which my specific team can struggle with. In particular Unaware Clefable is quite a pain, and Taunting it helps to wear it down. The same goes for several other defensive Pokemon - Taunt prevents hazards from Ferro/Heatran, Wish from Chansey, etc.

This core is definitely full-on HO, so the rest of your team should focus less on defensive synergy and more on offensive synergy and maintaining momentum. Sharpedo in particular appreciates Spikes support, so if you can squeeze that in, that's cool. I might RMT a team with this core at some point, but you guys should try it out and let me know how you like it! It's pretty customizable, as well, so play around with it.

It's time for another Gatr core.

+
+

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power Fire
- Synthesis

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Punch / Aqua Jet

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge

Remember what I said about bulky Waters and Electrics stopping Gatr? Similar to Mega Altaria, Mega Venusaur laughs at the Feraligatr checks and can threaten them with a Super Effective Giga Drain or STAB Sludge Bomb which also hits Grass types and Mega Altaria who can put a stop to a Gatr sweep. It is also a Ferrothorn and Scizor lure due to Hidden Power Fire. Heatran can switch in to moves Mega Venusaur is weak to, then use a Scarf to outspeed and OHKOing threats to Mega Venusaur (read: Lati@s, Mega Gardevoir, Kyurem-B, Bird Spam) with an appropriate move (taking LO and SR into account). It can also take care of Skarmory, Bisharp and Fairies who can hinder a sweep by Feraligatr. In return, Gatr can remove opposing Heatran, Terrakion and Garchomp. Ice Punch allows you to hit Garchomp, Landorus-T , Dragonite and Flying-types harder while Aqua Jet allows you to outpace Talonflame's Brave Bird at +1, hit Mega Aerodactyl, and outspeed Thundurus's Thunder Wave.

A big threat to this core is Kyurem-B who can hit all members of the core with Super Effective moves. Mega Gallade and Mega Gardevoir can greatly threaten the core with high-powered attacks (and the latter only fears Scarf Flash Cannon). Mega Sableye is also able to set up Calm Minds on all members of the core (once Feraligatr is burned).

Last edited:
Hello everyone. I'm going to use this specific core in my latest Team Project (shh it's a secret). Its an offensive core called Sacred Incarnation.
+

Yez. I liek Enteiz :p

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 136 HP / 252 Atk / 120 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Bulldoze
- ExtremeSpeed
- Stone Edge

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Thunder Wave
- Focus Blast

The goal of this core is to tear down Walls and make room for a Sweeper to come in and wreck the opposition's team.

Entei has the very spammable move Sacred Fire allowing it to straight up OHKO many threats that don't resist it and leave a large dent in what does resist it. It even has one of the best Priority in the game ExtremeSpeed allowing it to Clean Up or Revenge Kill nicely. Thundurus on the other hand has power that Entei craves but in the Special perspective and a priority Thunder Wave, slowing down faster threats for it so it can break things. Entei can eaily cover Thundurus's Ice weakness but it must be wary of Mamoswine. Thundurus can dispatch of Entei's Water weakness and to an extent Ground weakness if its a 4x weakness such as Garchomp and Landorus-Therian. A Water Type to defeat Ground and Rock types of the two are appreciated so Azumarill or (M)Gyarados are great examples for the core as its Hyper Offense, but Mega Blastoise could work on more balanced teams.

252+ Atk Choice Band Entei Sacred Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Sableye: 153-180 (50.3 - 59.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Get rekt. True story.
Really like that someone considers fire doge :] really has potential i like using it as my clef counter as it 2hkos the standard cm set and obviously it can't do much back, nice core fren

Last edited:

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Here's an offensive FWG core based on supporting a Mega-Sharpedo clean

You can tell it's FWG because there's a red mon, a blue mon, and a green mon.

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Crunch
- Protect

Serperior @ Coba Berry
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Taunt

Gyarados @ Cheri Berry
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Natural Gift

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Adamant Nature / Jolly Nature
- Waterfall / Hydro Pump
- Ice Fang / Zen Headbutt / Poison Jab
- Crunch
- Protect
I was very skeptical of Mega-Sharpedo when it was announced and have frequently badmouthed it. I take it all back. Strong Jaw Crunch HURTS! The biggest downside to Sharpedo is that you typically only have one real shot to sweep at +1 or +2 speed, but if you play smart you can sometimes get some damage off in normal form and then come back later to mega and finish the job. Sharpedo cleans up very well against offense but has trouble with some fat shit and waters like Rotom-W, Keldeo, Azumarill, Ferrothorn, Talonflame and Thundurus, which is why we've got our supporting members to follow. Adamant nature is chosen because Ada +1 outspeeds most stuff you need to and you can often get to +2 with some smart play if absolutely necessary. The choice between Waterfall and Hydro Pump is kind of personal preference as well as team dependent, and Ice Fang vs. Poison Jab vs. Zen Headbutt is also completely team dependent. I will say that I like Poison Jab the least, since it's pretty weak even against Clefable. Ice Fang helps with Land-T and FatChomp while Zen Headbutt helps get you past Keldeo and to a lesser extent Azumarill.

Gyarados @ Cheri Berry
Jolly Nature / Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Natural Gift
Gyarados is clearly a red, fire-breathing dragon, so GameFreak naturally gave it the capability to use moves like Fire Blast and Fire Fang, like every other dragon in the game. Unfortunately this one fell in the water, so it needs a bit of outside assistance to get back to firebreathing like it used to. So here we have the Cheri Berry Nat Gift set, which combines the typical strengths of offensive Gyarados with the specific ability to pick off two Pokemon that are very threatening to Mega-Sharpedo - Thundurus and Ferrothorn. Luring these two in particular is very useful to clear the way for Sharpedo. Gyara also wears down other Sharpedo answers like Keldeo and Azumarill with Bounce, so it doubles as both a complementary wallbreaker and a useful lure for Sharp. Jolly is preferred to outspeed stuff like Manectric and Lopunny after a DD, but that choice is team-dependent.

These two waters form the primary offensive core, and next is a supplemental choice that complements them quite nicely.

Serperior @ Coba Berry
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Taunt
I am madly in love with this Pokemon!!! Serperior is freaking amazing. The above two mons struggle with a couple waters (Rotom-W, Keldeo, Azu in particular) and also lack speed initially, so Serperior is helpful there. You can choose between a bunch of different sets here - HP Fire is obviously nice for Ferrothorn, particularly if you don't want to use Nat Gift Gyara, Glare helps the above two find set-up opportunities, and a more wallbreaker-focused set with LO would work nice to soften stuff up for Sharpedo. But here I'm choosing the Coba Berry HP Rock set to lure in and dispatch Char-Y (and often Char-X since they typically switch in on Leaf Storm and then stay un-megaed to DD in order to avoid Dragon Pulse KOing them), Talonflame and to a lesser extent Tornadus-T. Talonflame in particular is annoying to the above two Pokemon, so that's the major motivation, but Char-Y is also a pain to switch into on HO. I've picked Taunt in the last slot to assist against bulkier teams, which my specific team can struggle with. In particular Unaware Clefable is quite a pain, and Taunting it helps to wear it down. The same goes for several other defensive Pokemon - Taunt prevents hazards from Ferro/Heatran, Wish from Chansey, etc.

This core is definitely full-on HO, so the rest of your team should focus less on defensive synergy and more on offensive synergy and maintaining momentum. Sharpedo in particular appreciates Spikes support, so if you can squeeze that in, that's cool. I might RMT a team with this core at some point, but you guys should try it out and let me know how you like it! It's pretty customizable, as well, so play around with it.

Nice core the mega man rape easily, u should put Occa on Serp, i'd say Glare > Taunt too cuz u can paralyse Torn on switch which is the main switch to Serp and respect the other bird called talonflame if it offensive normally runs enough speed to outspeed u and flare blitz but if it is the Stallbreaker set BB is a roll after SR

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Looks like there are no Infernape cores in this thread. Let's fix that real quick.

Infernape+Pursuit Weavile Offensive core

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 100 Atk / 156 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot
- Grass Knot

OR

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Gunk Shot
- U-Turn

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Infernape is a Pokemon I've been using quite a bit recently, and Weavile has proven to be an great partner to it on HO. Infernape's best counters are Psychic-types like Latios, Latias, Starmie, Slowking, Mew, Reuiniclus, etc. Weavile can Pursuit trap all of these once given a free switch in to them. Weaviel can also, unlike most other Pursuit trappers, check Garchomp, Landorus-T and Gliscor, 3 of the best checks to Infernape. Weavile can also revenge kill Tornadus-T and Dragonite, 2 other annoying Pokemon for Infernape.

In return, Infernape easily deals with the Steel types that can annoy Weavile suck as Scizor, Bisharp, Ferrothorn, and Heatran. Additionally, Infernape can lure unsuspecting Azumarill and Clefable which can't take Gunk Shot at all. If it's MixApe, it also lures other bulky waters like Quagsire, Suicune, Gastrodon, and Alomomola thanks to Grass Knot. If running a Choice Scarf, it can bait in Psychic types with U-Turn and make it much easier for Weavile to trap them without needing to sack something (you can use U-Turn on the LO set too but it's obviously not as good).

This core obviously requires a switchin to Water, Fighting and Ground moves in general. Specifically, it demands a check to Keldeo and Manaphy, so Latios and Starmie are pretty obvious partners, especially since Weavile really appreciates the hazard removal they provide. The core is also super weak to Talonflame for obvious reasons, so Rotom-W is a pretty great partner as well, and can provide slow pivoting for both members of the core. Sableye is kind of a pain for the core too so you want a counter to that as well.

Last edited:
Well i got a pretty cool team. I actually really like how this core works and its a personal favorite of mine.
Edit: core dump MuhFugginMoose asked if any cores i was posting had meloetta or hydra so heres 3 cores lol. (sorry if i miss something)

CHAIN CHOMP + Agility Thunderous-T

OR
+

Let me just say that this core is pretty crazy. Chain chomp and agility thunderous have crazy good offensive synergy aside from getting absolutely smashed from weavile lol. This core is also pretty simple as the point of this core is chain chomp wallbreakers for thunderous-T which allows him to sweep late game better due to how this set of thundy lacks hp ice. Chain chomp is simply amazing being able to pretty much smash anything in his sight that would normally switch into him such as hippowdon,landot skarmory,ferrothorn, mega scizor you name it. Hes a monster and its probably my favourite set. Next up we have agility thunderous-t. As stated thundy loves chain chomps wallbreaking power as it opens up more opportunities to sweep. One of the glorious things about this set is how badly it tears offence apart lol. Seriously this thing hits so hard and thundy-t has the coverage to back it up. I run grass knot as it allows me to break past hippowdon (it ohkos with this spread lol). Thundy also is pretty good for smashing water types overall. Hp flying can also be run on thundy-t so you can break past mega venu who is starting to once again become popular. Good partners for this team would be something to remove faster dragons like latios/latias so scarfed tyranitar makes for a fantastic partner. Keldeo works fantastic with these two being able to assist in wall breaking or use its sub cm set so act as a second sweeper. Skarmory makes for a solid partner and can stack hazards if you use rocks on chomp which i feel works really nicely with thundy-t as the hazards can help grab kills. Hazard removal is important so again skarmory can work well. Mega venusaur has fantastic synergy with this core if you use non mega garchomp as it actualy handles a lot of pokemon this core hates.

Meloetta+Bisharp offensive core

+

Pretty simple core. Meloetta honestly might look like a weird choice of a pokemon but compared to other d mons this thing needs much less support lol. Melo+bish have fantastic synergy together being able to pressure a ton of things such as psychics,ghosts and fairies,darks. One of the cool things about meloetta is how pokemon that like to trap psychics such as tar and bisharp cant reliably switch into meloetta as they risk the relic song or outright getting boped by a close combat which btw still ohkos bisharp in aria form. On top of this meloetta with a lo hits HARDER then mega loppuny as is faster then adamant mega lop which means while in pirroetta form even weavile cant hope to out speed the bae! Next up we have bisharp who beats pokemon such as gengar and handles fairy types for meloetta and by handle i mean bop them with a iron head. Also they have ok type synergy together and offensively bisharp works really well with meloetta. honestly i feel like pursuit support still helps meloetta out pretty nicely as gengar is a problem for her. Fighting types can be a huge pain for this core so keldeo and mega lop are huge threats. For this reason pokemon such as Azumaril,clefable and defensive mega altaria make for fantastic partners, the latter can be a huge pain for both lop and keldeo to remove. Offensive fairy types such as mega diancie can give this core quite a bit of trouble so make sure to pack a check to her. Hippowdon can work decently well. Mega gardivoir can make for a pretty cool partner being able to make use of bisharps pursuit support but also wall breaking for meloetta which can allow piroette form to clean faster. Keldeo can work nice as well as it can make use of bisharp also. Rotom-w works well as a more defensive partner giving bisharp and meloetta free switch ins. Last of all gengar makes for a scary partner (pun intended) that can allow this core to greatly pressure slower teams.

Last off is a more experimental core so im sorry if its not really a core but it holds up pretty well.

+
+

Lo Hydragion+Mega Aero+Sub toxic Rachi Balence? Core

Didnt see much core with mega aero or jirachi so i came up with this core that looks like somthing you would see in xy uu lol. Anyways this core works really well. Basically Hydra punces holes in teams for mega aero to clean/revenge while sub toxic rachi helps wittle things down that both mons are annoyed by such as fairies like clefable or steels such as mega scizor and ferrothorn. Its really that simple. Also i feel like hydras power+aeros speed and rachis ability to annoy steels and fairies work really well together and they really compliment each other pretty nice. Good teamates would be pokemon that can set spikes and rocks so stuff like cm stealth rocks clefable and chestnaught work well. Stallbreakers such as manaphy or pivots such as rotom-w can really help out giving these mons ferro switch ins or help dismantle stall. Keldeo makes for a solid partner also as it helps hydra weaken stuff for mega aero. heck you can even run pursuit on mega aero and you can run cm keldeo if you want. Defog support is not really needed but i guess starmie or skarmory can work well. Defensive backbones overall can really help as these mons dont really want to take repeated hits for the most part.

Heres the sets for the 3 cores:

Un-ChainedChomp (Garchomp) @ Life Orb / Garchompite
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 16 Atk / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor
- Stealth Rock / Stone Edge / Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast

Thundurus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Agility
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot / Hidden Power Flying

Meloetta @ Life Orb
EVs: 144 Atk / 112 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Relic Song
- Psychic
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Roost
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Toxic
- Fire Punch
- Substitute

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Mild Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Dark Pulse
- Superpower

Also working on the list even if its not important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)