Gen 6 ORAS Goth Mayhem

Team : https://pokepast.es/7b408323cf076b90

This is a team built around Gothitelle, ORAS Ubers is a tier that I don't see a lot of people play and I'm also trying to explore past Ubers gens.

1606707075228.png
+
1606707251704.png

When I build teams I pick 1 tier-viable pokemon and build around it and then add a partner to it to support it's weakness

Then I add another core to support the previous one
1606707464941.png
+
1606707522394.png
+
1606707535481.png
+
1606707564634.png
+
1606707580366.png

And then for the last slot I just added a defogger while maintaining offensive pressure
1606726231880.png

1606726287178.png

Gothitelle
The set I used is from the dex and it's role is to check support mons like Blissey, Chansey, Support Arceus forms
It can also spread Paralysis to soft check Xerneas
An alternate set is it's Trick Rest version but I use this set to check Arceus-Water
Basically a stallbreaker

1606729118497.png

Ho-oh checks Dark types that Gothitelle is weak to
It can also bring a surprise factor to Darkrai with Sleep Talk and finish it
It can threaten steel types and spam burns
It has enough SpDef to survive and KO it Mega Gengar

1606730724898.png

A really common wall in Ubers
It checks Primal Kyogre if it gets Desolate Land up
It also checks Xerneas and Roar it out
Also it can spread burns with Lava Plume to cripple physical sweepers
Stealth Rock Setter

1606730904007.png

A secondary Xerneas check and Status Spreader
It's typing makes it resists Lati@s and Yveltal's STABS
Klefki is really dependent on Leftovers for Recovery
It also spams Spikes

1606707464941.png
The team's Physically defensive wall
It checks Pdon with Toxic stalling
It checks Mega Mence with Ice Beam while taking +1 Double Edge
Also gives Defog support for Ho-oh
Water Resist for Primal Kyogre and takes Ice type hits for Salamence

1606731380877.png

S u p p o r t D r a g o n
It gives Defog support and Paralysis spread
A pretty fast defogger making it able to Roost Spam
Dragon Tail is useful for Mega Lucario and can paralyze Xerneas on switch in with Body Slam
Also takes Grass type hits for Arceus-Water

Last edited:

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
Pretty cool team overall, seeing Gothitelle used is both lame and cool lol but I don't think there's much to really change overall here, the structure seems fairly sound covering most threats while providing solid offensive pressure, there's just one change that I'd recommend with my oras knowledge that may make it a bit more threatening overall.

Minor Change:
:salamence-mega:
Support --> Dragon Dance
The set is fairly weird on the Salamence imo, because I don't think the qualities it brings are really needed. It's really fast so it doesn't have the required bulk for a lot of hits, but the support moves themselves are still decent. With the team already having another sturdy Defog user in Arceus water as well as Klefki to paralyze threats like the mentioned Mega Lucario in a pinch, I think offensive is the way to go here. Paired with Gothitelle this thing can be insanely deadly, since one of the most used and reliable checks is Arceus, something this team relies on as well. It forms a really strong bird spam core with Ho-oh as well and overall seems better. Your own hazard pressure with rocks and Spikes also may threaten the opponent to Defog themselves, freeing up this bird spam without Arceus-Water even having to touch the field even though it can take on a lot of things. The standard dex spread also keeps the max hp investment and Roost while making it just more offensive overall, so imo it's the way to go.
Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Roost
- Facade
- Dragon Dance

After Intimidate:
+1 252 Atk Adaptability Lucario-Mega Iron Tail vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Salamence-Mega: 282-334 (71.7 - 84.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 252 Atk Adaptability Lucario-Mega Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Groudon-Primal: 282-332 (69.9 - 82.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Updated RMT (pokepast.es)
Updated paste after the small change, if you give this set a go instead of the other version I hope it does well for you! Not much to really heavily alter looking at it imo, the team covered most things fairly well and had a good core, so just based on that this is the main and biggest set change I'd make that would make the team better to my knowledge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)