ORAS LC ORAS LC-"What Seems Like a Basic LC team" Peaked High On Ladder

Hi,I'm SamuelBestt and this is a LC team
the team is pretty sample,but yeah I want to share with you.

(Temporary Logo)

Abra @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Level: 5
EVs: 240 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Starting off with one of my Favorite Pokèmon to use in LC.
Abra is a solid Mòn that i love to use,The High special attacks makes him strong enough to get some good OHKO/2HKO.
Hp Fighting can be Helpful against Pawniard,since I can't only Trust Timburr to stop Pawniard from Destryoing my team(even if Abra can't switch on Pawniard in any cases,it can get a good Rkill).Energy Ball is a Good Coverage move,soo I like it.

Timburr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 236 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

My Main physical Sweeper and a Good Counter for Pawniard and Carvanha,A solid Member of my team.
Also one of the Best Fighting type in LC,as I said Timburr is a Good Bulky Sweeper and stops two of My Main Threads,Carvanha and Pawniard.
His set is pretty Much Basic,Not much to say about that

Chinchou @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 56 Def / 232 SpA / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ground]

The Major Revenge Killer of the team.
I Always liked Chinchou,from Design to Competitive.His ability and his typing make him a good Pokèmon in both defensive and Offensive style.
His set is also Pretty much basic,even not much time ago It Had Ice Beam Over HP Ground for stopping Foongus,then after the team was less Foongus weak I decided to gave him HP Ground.

Elekid @ Life Orb
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 240 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 30 Atk / 30 SpA
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Volt Switch

I don't have much to say about Elekid in competitive atm.It's a fast and Strong Special Attacker that have a semi decent Coverage due to having Psychic in a meta where there's a lot of Fighting Types.
Including the Fact that Elekid only lose 1 hp from the Life orb thanks to the 0 IVs,It's a solid Mon.

Gastly @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 200 SpA / 80 SpD / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb

Gastly,Gastly,Gastly.
Life Orb Gastly is always something soo good that when you see it can generate a disaster..or simply Dies in 2 Turns.
Not Anything Special,HP Fighting + Substitute are here to stop general Sucker Punch spam,which..you know,It's not really good for a gastly.

Archen @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 180 Atk / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Acrobatics
- Rock Tomb
- Defog

The Last member of My team and general bulky lead.I
This set is a bit Pawniard weak,but with Timburr and 2 HP Fighting in the bag it's not a big deal.
this is also my best Pokèmon against Focus Sash Abra and actually Semi Counters it,since Abra only have 6 or Less% to Kill Archen in 2 Hits with Psychic,and archen can actually Destroy abra with Rock tomb + Acrobatics,since after the rock tomb Abra will be forced to switch or Die.

Some Little Things about this team:
Life Orb Abra does not have a counter in this team.

I have literally no counter for Life Orb abra,but it's not a big deal since Life Orb Abra Gets revenge killed pretty easily actually.
Gastly is a Main Thread
Gastly is another Main Thread of this team,but again It's revenge Killable soo I can deal with that

Abra @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 240 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Protect

Timburr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 236 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

Chinchou @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 56 Def / 232 SpA / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Elekid @ Life Orb
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 240 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 30 Atk / 30 SpA
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Volt Switch

Gastly @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 200 SpA / 80 SpD / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb

Archen @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 180 Atk / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Acrobatics
- Rock Tomb
- Defog

Thanks to Lavenderkarp Being Such a Scarsone
Thanks to Curtain and God Muk for being Good Friens.
And a lot of Other People.

also Thanks to anyone that is rating this team,glad you enjoyed it.

Last edited:

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Hello SamuelBestt,
That's quite a solid team you have there! I like how it manages to successfully fit Timburr into a hyper offense team, as well as the amount of pressure it puts on the opposition in general.

My main concern is that Shellder can sweep quite easily once Timburr is at 20 HP or Knocked Off, which isn't uncommon seeing how it's your Pawniard switch-in; at +2, Shellder can even outspeed Chinchou. Shellder is able to set up on Archen before bj is popped (it can just smash twice on Rock Tomb with the proper EV spread) or a weakened Timburr. If Shellder is paired with Memento support, then you're in for an extremely difficult match. One way to fix this would be with Choice Scarf Pawniard. I would suggest replacing Elekid, as your current scarfer, Chinchou, is necessary to soft check Magnemite. Other than preventing the clean Shellder sweep, Pawniard can Pursuit trap LO Abra and Gastly to ensure that they will not be able to get more than one KO, and guarantee Sashbra is brought down to 1 HP, which renders it a non-issue for Timburr. It also helps a bit against Fairy-types in case Gastly gets worn down. A reliable way to get the Eviolite off of Timburr and defensive Mienfoo allows Abra to get the OHKO on them, which it can't do otherwise.
Pawniard @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Brick Break / Sucker Punch
The last move is just filler, depending on whether you value an extra check to opposing Pawniard or a way to deal with super fast set-up sweepers that might get out of hand more.

Other than that, Timburr's standard Bulk Up spread is 116 Atk / 156 Def / 236 SpD with a Careful nature. Compared to your current spread, the extra physical bulk makes it a more reliable switch-in to the likes of Pawniard and Carvanha, and the special bulk lets it survive Sashbra's Psychic.

That's all I have for now. Good luck!

fran17

(1999)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey there nice team!
I think levi pointed out almost everything on the team but I have a suggestion about the Archen's moveset. Earthquake over Defog might help you a lot. Earthquake will add some really useful coverage, allowing you to hit Steel Types such as Pawniard or Magnemite much harder, and I don't really think hazard control is really necessary in your team :) Otherwise solid team and good luck with it :toast:

My main concern is that Shellder can sweep quite easily once Timburr is at 20 HP or Knocked Off, which isn't uncommon seeing how it's your Pawniard switch-in; at +2, Shellder can even outspeed Chinchou. Shellder is able to set up on Archen before bj is popped (it can just smash twice on Rock Tomb with the proper EV spread) or a weakened Timburr. If Shellder is paired with Memento support, then you're in for an extremely difficult match. One way to fix this would be with Choice Scarf Pawniard. I would suggest replacing Elekid, as your current scarfer, Chinchou, is necessary to soft check Magnemite. Other than preventing the clean Shellder sweep, Pawniard can Pursuit trap LO Abra and Gastly to ensure that they will not be able to get more than one KO, and guarantee Sashbra is brought down to 1 HP, which renders it a non-issue for Timburr. It also helps a bit against Fairy-types in case Gastly gets worn down. A reliable way to get the Eviolite off of Timburr and defensive Mienfoo allows Abra to get the OHKO on them, which it can't do otherwise.
Pawniard @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Brick Break / Sucker Punch
The last move is just filler, depending on whether you value an extra check to opposing Pawniard or a way to deal with super fast set-up sweepers that might get out of hand more.
Thanks for the suggestions,I'm actually gonna try that one.

Other than that, Timburr's standard Bulk Up spread is 116 Atk / 156 Def / 236 SpD with a Careful nature. Compared to your current spread, the extra physical bulk makes it a more reliable switch-in to the likes of Pawniard and Carvanha, and the special bulk lets it survive Sashbra's Psychic.
Fixed

Hey there nice team!
I think levi pointed out almost everything on the team but I have a suggestion about the Archen's moveset. Earthquake over Defog might help you a lot. Earthquake will add some really useful coverage, allowing you to hit Steel Types such as Pawniard or Magnemite much harder, and I don't really think hazard control is really necessary in your team :) Otherwise solid team and good luck with it :toast:
Thanks again for the suggestion.

Hey there SamuelBestt, cool team there and grats on your peak!

Anyways I agree with Corporal Levi and fran17's suggestions and they both stated basically everything about the team, however I suggest using a Modest nature over Timid on Chinchou as a Timid Chinchou lacks noticeably on power and is underwhelming, the only benefit of using Timid is outspeeding Pawniard which isn't actually that important since your team deals with it quite well. You may even consider using Ice Beam over Thunderbolt to be able to lure in and 2HKO most of the times both of Foongus and Pumpkaboo after rocks.

That's all I have to say, good luck and I hope I helped! :)

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with Yagura's change. While seeming nice, Ice Beam actually takes away momentum from your team that is incredibly unnecessary. While Ice Beam does lure in Pumpkaboo and Foongus and 2hkoes with Rocks up, it completely takes away momentum away from your team. You should honestly either use Choice Scarf Chinchou as a pivot, and spam Volt Switch, or spam Thunderbolt late game in order to clean up. Thunderbolt is also needed since it gives Chinchou Electric STAB that doesn't force it to switch out, which can honestly be crucial in a meta that is often dictated by hazards. I'm also going to disagree with the Nature change. This is a completely irrelevant change that seems to just be filler. For one, Modest Chinchou barely gets ANY koes over Timid:

Modest
  • 232+ SpA Chinchou Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 36 SpD Eviolite Mienfoo: 10-13 (47.6 - 61.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
    (10, 10, 10, 10, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 13)
  • 232+ SpA Chinchou Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 236+ SpD Eviolite Timburr: 9-12 (37.5 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
    (9, 9, 9, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 12)
  • 232+ SpA Chinchou Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 116 SpD Eviolite Pawniard: 10-13 (47.6 - 61.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
  • 232+ SpA Chinchou Thunderbolt vs. 116 HP / 76 SpD Eviolite Vullaby: 14-20 (56 - 80%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
    (14, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 20)
  • 232+ SpA Chinchou Hidden Power Ground vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Chinchou: 12-16 (50 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
    (12, 12, 12, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 16)
  • 232+ SpA Chinchou Hydro Pump vs. 236 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Porygon: 9-12 (34.6 - 46.1%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
  • 232+ SpA Chinchou Hydro Pump vs. 36 HP / 36 SpD Eviolite Scraggy: 9-12 (40.9 - 54.5%) -- 12.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
  • 232+ SpA Chinchou Volt Switch vs. 60 HP / 0 SpD Amaura: 10-13 (40 - 52%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Timid
  • 232 SpA Chinchou Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 36 SpD Eviolite Mienfoo: 10-13 (47.6 - 61.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
  • 232 SpA Chinchou Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 236+ SpD Eviolite Timburr: 9-12 (37.5 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
  • 232 SpA Chinchou Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 116 SpD Eviolite Pawniard: 10-13 (47.6 - 61.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
  • 232 SpA Chinchou Thunderbolt vs. 116 HP / 76 SpD Eviolite Vullaby: 14-20 (56 - 80%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
    (14, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 20)
  • 232 SpA Chinchou Hidden Power Ground vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Chinchou: 12-16 (50 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
    (12, 12, 12, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 16)
  • 232 SpA Chinchou Hydro Pump vs. 236 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Porygon: 9-12 (34.6 - 46.1%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
  • 232 SpA Chinchou Hydro Pump vs. 36 HP / 36 SpD Eviolite Scraggy: 9-12 (40.9 - 54.5%) -- 12.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
  • 232 SpA Chinchou Volt Switch vs. 60 HP / 0 SpD Amaura: 10-13 (40 - 52%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
If you don't believe me, do the calcs yourself. For reference I always use Timburr / Pawn / Mienfoo as the standard 3 to base calcs off of. Timid and Modest get the exact same rolls, down to the high roll / low roll ratios. Not only is Timid-->Modest an awful suggestion, it accomplishes nothing that Timid doesn't, other than having to tie with Scarf Pawn and being outsped by Scarf 17 Speeds / Other Chinchou. Not only that, but if its Scarf gets knocked off, it is basically useless since a ton of offensive threats either tie or outspeed it.

If I were to offer any suggestion, it would be to drop Energy Ball on Abra, preferably for either Shadow Ball or Dazzling Gleam. As it stands right now, with Timburr slightly weakened, a well played Scraggy can simply sweep through you. Shadow Ball also stops Honedge from popping you, which has been shown to be a bit on the rise as a more reliably Stunky replacement (at least imo). Energy Ball doesn't really accomplish much other than popping Omanyte and Chinchou, the first of which is handled by Timburr, and cannot set up on Abra without losing the trade anyway, and the latter which you won't hit with Energy Ball anyway since most Chinchou that are switched into Abra are scarved anyway. You also have your own Chinchou, and an Archen, which stops any sort of Volt Switch / Hidden Power Ground shenanigans. however this team is already really solid, so almost every single change is gonna impact the team and make you weaker to something. I just figured I would pop in here and tell you why Modest>Timid is a horrible suggestion, and Ice Beam>Thunderbolt isn't exactly great either...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)