ORAS OU Crew Battles Tournament II (Round 3)

(no idea who LifeisDANK is but their art is fucking great)
(thanks to Josh for bothering to host last time)
(approved by M Dragon )
(thanks to Eo Ut Mortus for hosting the first Crew battle)

After ~4 years, there is finally another Crew tournament on Smogon. Any Smash Bros players/fans proabbly know this format, as it is quite popular. In this tournament, the crew format is applied to Pokemon.

For those unfamiliar, http://www.ssbwiki.com/Crew_battle is a rundown of how the crew format works in SSBM. Here's how it would work in this tournament:

-Players are divided into teams of three members.

-Play begins with a regular 6 vs. 6 Pokemon battle between the first player from each team. The player who loses this match (through losing all six of his/her Pokemon) is eliminated from the round.

-The winner of this match must play the next representative of the loser's team. This new player will have a full team of six Pokemon. This winner's fainted Pokemon are not revived, so if he won with two Pokemon remaining, he may only use those two Pokemon in this match. Match winners are not forced to leave until they lose; in theory, a single player could eliminate an entire team if he/she was good enough.

-Play continues this way until all of a team's Pokemon/players are eliminated.

Team Amoongus
1. Josh / 2. Cased / 3. Ice Tea
vs.
Team Ambipom
1. Feliburn / 2. thecrystalonix / 3. Kableye

Team Amoonguss consists of Josh, Cased, and Ice Tea. They are facing Team Ambipom, consisting of Feliburn, thecrystalonix, and Kableye.

• Josh beats Feliburn 2-0, with a Breloom and a Dugtrio left, so he can only use that Breloom and Dugtrio vs. the next Ambipom player, thecrystalonix.
  • thecrystalonix 6-0's Josh. He can use his full team against Amoonguss' next player, Cased.
  • thecrystalonix 1-0es Cased, with a Gyarados living. He can only use Gyarados vs. his next opponent, Ice Tea.
  • thecrystalonix 1-0es Ice Tea with Gyarados. Team Amoonguss has no players remaining.
  • Team Ambipom wins.

Tour Rules:
  • There will be a cap of 32 teams, all of which will consist of three members. These teams will be pitted against each other in a single elimination bracket.
  • Teams are allowed one substitute throughout the tournament.
  • The first person listed on each team will be the first person to play for that team. The player who plays first in a round will be changeable before a round starts, but not once the round starts without the explicit approval of the opponent's team.
  • After the first member of your team loses, you can choose which of your 2 remaining players plays first.
  • The person who wins a match must in the next match use whatever Pokemon he had remaining at the end of the match, no more, no fewer. So basically, the winner uses the same team and removes the KO'd mons.
  • HP/PP do not carry over for non-fainted Pokemon. All non-fainted Pokemon are restored to full health.
  • Players are free to alter their teams at any time, except after they play. A player is free to alter their Pokemon's sets, but not the mons themselves after a victory. For example, if you win a battle 1-0 with a Keldeo, you can change it from Choice Specs to RestTalk after the battle if you wish but you can not change it to another mon.
  • And let me be clear: your order in descending order is the order in which you play. For example, in wong iswam vs Jolteonlovers, blarghlfarghl will play Void first, then whoever loses is subbed out for the guy below them, etc. The vs is mostly just there to seperate the teams, it doesn't mean much.

Battling Rules:
  • All standard clauses apply. In addition:
  • Ties: If a battle ends in a tie, both players are considered eliminated, and both teams must send in new players.
  • If no players remain on either team, self-KO clause will act as a tiebreaker.

Team Wong Iswam vs Team Jolteonlovers

Team we got dig bicks vs Team Ancient Ocean

Team we fire vs Team that team isn't really viable, you might want to check out <<ct>>

EPIC SUB TEAM 2 vs Team oo

Brackets done by Arifeen

Deadline is Saturday 29th

Extending to Saturday 5th

Last edited:

Googly

Arcadia
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Cteamed the hell out of Luigi and won in a gg. Luckily I manged to preserve all my Pokemon, so we still have a chance team!

Will get on to scheduling with my next opponent.

Googly

Arcadia
Waited an hour after the scheduled time but We Three Kings didn't turn up. We're literally 12 hours apart and I don't know if I'm gonna have another free morning so there's a good chance this battle won't happen. Calling activity :[

From what I can tell, we never scheduled a specific time, so that's kinda weird. I'm here now and I'll be free at this hour (and probably earlier) pretty much any other day besides this weekend, so I can play if he's schedule changes.

Waited an hour after the scheduled time but We Three Kings didn't turn up. We're literally 12 hours apart and I don't know if I'm gonna have another free morning so there's a good chance this battle won't happen. Calling activity :[
From what I can tell, we never scheduled a specific time, so that's kinda weird. I'm here now and I'll be free at this hour (and probably earlier) pretty much any other day besides this weekend, so I can play if he's schedule changes.
If any of your team members have matching time zones, have them sub in for you then

Luigi

spo.ink/shadowtag
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 27 Championis a Past SPL Champion
both our remaining dudes are in the same timezone, gmt +1, from what i can tell niandev, their team member is also gmt +1

Googly

Arcadia
We Three Kings we did schedule, for earlier today:

But if you could play at this time why didn't you just say so? Making this time work would've been alot easier.

And I've already played a game so subbing me out isn't an option anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)