ORAS ORAS OU Global Championship 2018: Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Sponsored by Lutra

Signups | Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3 | Round 4 | Round 5 | Semi-finals | Finals

Introduction

ORAS OU Global Championship is a standard ORAS OU Tournament with a goal to find the best ORAS OU player of the year.

Each round will consist of 2 stages. The first stage each player will be given 2 sets of pairings in which they play a best-of-1 vs their opponent. After the first stage is completed and the host has determined wins, players who win both their matches go through to the next round, while players who lost twice are eliminated. The players who won 1, lost 1, battle it out in a tiebreaker best of 1 in stage 2 to join the two-time winners in the next round or the player wins the tournament in the case of a final.

The prize returns: a $50 (or equivalent) amazon gift card will be given out to the winner of the entire tournament!

ORAS OverUsed Format

Tournament Format
Best of 1, Single Elimination.

Banned Pokémon
Aegislash, Arceus (All formes), Blaziken, Darkrai, Deoxys, Deoxys-Attack, Deoxys-Defense, Deoxys-Speed, Dialga, Genesect, Giratina, Giratina-Origin, Greninja, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Hoopa-Unbound, Kyogre, Kyurem-White, Landorus-Incarnate, Lugia, Mewtwo, Palkia, Rayquaza, Shaymin-Sky, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zekrom.

Banned Moves
Baton Pass, Swagger.

Banned Abilities
Arena Trap, Shadow Tag.

Banned Items
Gengarite, Kangaskhanite, Lucarionite, Mawilite, Sablenite, Salemencite, Soul Dew.

Clauses
Sleep Clause, Species Clause, Self-KO Clause, OKHO Clause, Evasion Clause, Moody Clause, Endless Battle Clause, Swagger Clause.

Tournament Format : pseudo-double elimination (64 man as an example)

Round 1: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 32 best of 1 matches (64 unseeded players, subs period) & Stage 2
Round 2: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 16 best of 1 matches (32 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Round 3: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 8 best of 1 matches (16 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Round 4: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 4 best of 1 matches (8 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Round 5: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 2 best of 1 matches (4 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Finals: Stage 1 - 2 sets of best of 1 matches (2 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Stage 1 End: Players with 2 match wins go through, and those with 2 losses are eliminated.
Stage 2: Players with a 1-1 record play each other in a best of 1 match to see who progresses (or wins the final)

Arrange location: Profile posts on the Smogon Forums.
Battle location: Pokémon Showdown! Smogon Server

Play against both opponents (Sets 1 & 2) best-of-1 win and report the score you won or lost after completing each match.

Deadlines
Stage 1 Contact Deadline: November 25th 4:00 PM EST / 9:00 PM CET
Stage 1 Final Deadline: December 2nd 4:00 PM EST / 9:00 PM CET

Stage 1

Set 1 - Matches completed 2/3

blarghlfarghl vs double switches
samjo (W-0) zugubu royale
Nintendi vs Lopunny Kicks

Set 2 - Matches completed 2/3

zugubu royale (0-W) Nintendi
samjo vs double switches
blarghlfarghl
vs Lopunny Kicks

Nintendi samjo since zugubu royale is banned, you guys get free wins.

IM SO SORRY IT TOOK ME THIS LONG TO POST THIS I THOUGHT I DID BUT I NEVER HIT "POST THREAD" IM SO SORRY :[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[

Last edited by a moderator:

Punny

but I knew you
is a Tiering Contributoris the 10th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
hey, is it possible to have 1/2 days of extention? i have had a rlly busy week and i didnt contact my oppo because I didnt know when I could play or not.

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Lopunny Kicks samjo it's been 2 days past the deadline and I've still not heard from either of you. I really don't want to coinflip a semifinals game so please figure something out. I'll give another 24-hour extension, ending at 4 PM GMT -5 tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)