Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers MKII (Read the OP First!) (Now with 100% more Rules!!!)

Just please note to try and not make any assumptions about suspects or bans. Those aren't for either of those threads and talking about them in relation to any 'mon in general isn't allowed.
I know you probably wouldn't do it regardless but I felt it had to be said since a lot of people have been doing it.

Oh and thx for the help you guys previously gave me :)

Hi so i last posted on some help for my team and others also directed me to some dex entries on charizard y and they helped alot...
so before i went to RMT i figured i needed to finsh it off so here is my team right now

CHARIZARD
ITEM-Charizardite Y
ABILITY-Drought
MOVES
-Flamethrower
-Roost
-Dragon Pulse/Focus Blast (undecided)
-Solar Beam
IV's- Perfect in everything but attack
EV'S Max SpAtk and Speed and 4 SpD
NATURE- Timid

EXCADRILL
ITEM-????
ABILITY-????
MOVES
-Rapid Spin
-Earthquake
-?????
-?????
EV's and IV's- ??????
NATURE- ??????

HIPPOWDOWN
ITEM-????
ABILITY-?????
MOVES
-Toxic
-Stealth Rock
-?????
-?????
EV's and IV's-???????
NATURE- ??(Something that raises defense/or Special defense)

TYRANITAR
ITEM-?????
ABILITY-?????
MOVES
-Pursuit
-??????
-??????
-??????
EV's and IV's-???????
NATURE-???????

GOTHITELLE
ITEM-?????
ABILITY-?????
MOVES
-Trick
-Psyshock
-??????
-??????
EV's and IV's-???????
NATURE-???????

Lastly...
Should I use Talonflame for finishing off Zard Y's sweeping or Sylveon for healing?

Here's a link to where i got the idea of this team from so you can get an idea of each pokemon's purpose...
http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/charizard/

and

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/charizard-qc-2-3-writing.3535138/

so can you guys help me fill in the ?? please?

Last edited:
Hello, world of OverUsed.

So I've never played ou seriously before and I figured why not, so I've just got a few questions.

Firstly, is Hyper/Bulky Offense any good in the current meta, or no?

Secondly, what's the most common play style in the first place?

should have asked that first

Thanks in advance! c:

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
SonnyCaps014

Builds with mega charizard Y are naturally pretty formulaic (similar partners that follow a similar idea) but right now, something for keldeo is really important since you are really prone to it and water types in general. I dont see a reason to use hippo and tyranitar on the same team. To summarize what you could do with your team you could:

- Change gothitelle for a reliable keldeo switch-in, latios with thunderbolt seems like an option since it naturally checks keldeo and thunderbolt helps with azu. You could run roost + 3 attacks cause you have spin.
- You could run swords dance on excadrill if you decided to use defog on latios. Keldeo instead of hippowdon since it gives you a reliably answer against just like hippo, a resistant against rocks attacks and something to handle bisharp. Excadrill would be max attack and speed with either air balloon or life orb.
- Running SR on tyranitar with a moveset like: pursuit, stealth rock, ice beam, stone edge with 248 hp, 36 def, 224 spD relaxed nature is an option to have a SR user.
- For the last slot clefable could be an option for a tool against stally builds or a secondary potential win condition for slow teams.

Not a simple question so quite the long answer. Hope I helped!

Thank you for your help however my only problem is that in ORAS I don't have access to any ledgendaries really, and mine all have bad natures or at least not the preferred ones :(
But I did take into consideration the changing of TTars's move set

Btw I redid my team so if you want to see it than I'll post it but you don't have to.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
SonnyCaps014

Ah ok, fair enough. Instead of keldeo, you could try breloom, toxicroak or lucario for the fighting type role and instead of latios try starmie with spin so you can run swords dance on excadrill and it checks opposing keldeo.

I have a question ive been thinking about. I've been looking about building a team around lure talonflame with natural gift. Looking at calcs it doesnt seem worth it. Is it even worth it and if so, which berry is considered the most effective?

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have a question ive been thinking about. I've been looking about building a team around lure talonflame with natural gift. Looking at calcs it doesnt seem worth it. Is it even worth it and if so, which berry is considered the most effective?
It's worth it if you really want to lure certain Pokemon which are otherwise guaranteed to be bale to check offensive Talonflame. Liechi Berrylets Talonflame KO Rotom-W at +2 after minor damage (for example, 2 swicthes into SR), and KOs Scarf TTar at +2 atfer SR damage (it can also raise Talon's Attack when weakened). Apicot Berry OHKOs Heatran and Scarf TTar after a boost (assuming SR ar up for TTar), and Salac Berry OHKOs Offensive Air Baloon Heatran and Defenisve Tyranitar at +2, and has a small chance to OHKO SpD Heatran after SR

(I am french, sorry for language mistakes)

Hi, Smogon community,

I have a question. I saw that inside the Smogon OU list we have pokemons like lopunny or charizard. But these pokemon are completely useless in this metagame without the mega-stone. For me, for exemple, lopunny-mega and lopunny are two different pokemon. My question is simple: Why these pokemon are not in NU or RU like the gen “Black and white”?

I can see lucario-mega in Uber and Lucario-normal in UU, so it’s work, why you don’t do the same thing with all the mega-pokemon ? I think (but, I am not a big player), it could be good to have more pokemon in low tier.

Keep work hard for pokemon :D

Ok thanks, I understand the smogon logic. I wanted only play again with few regular pokemon in a tier where they can be viable.

I have an idea. (maybe stupid, I use lopunny as an exemple)

Lopunny-regular is used enough because lopunny-mega is used. Ok, it’s logic. Is there a way to count the usage of a pokemon with a specific item for the statistic? If we count the usage of lopunny-regular with the mega-stone directly as lopunny-mega. And the lopunny-regular with another item as lopunny-regular. We can separate the two pokemon with a % of usage completly different. This is not possible ?

(or maybe I didn't get it)

I have an idea. (maybe stupid, I use lopunny as an exemple)

Lopunny-regular is used enough because lopunny-mega is used. Ok, it’s logic. Is there a way to count the usage of a pokemon with a specific item for the statistic? If we count the usage of lopunny-regular with the mega-stone directly as lopunny-mega. And the lopunny-regular with another item as lopunny-regular. We can separate the two pokemon with a % of usage completly different. This is not possible ?

(or maybe I didn't get it)
This was brought a long time ago, and I believe while it is theoretically possible, it was pretty much unanimous that tier leaders didn't want to tier Megas separately from their base forms. (Here's the thread for reference: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/tiering-mega-evolutions-separately.3500303/)

It was a pretty short discussion, but I believe a lot of the opposition against doing this involved the fact that there are those who view Megas not as completely different Pokemon, but rather a separate set (Pokemon + item) that the Pokemon can run, and in tiering Megas separately from their base forms you're tiering a set of a mon plus the mon itself. Also, this would get a bit weird since Mega Latios would basically drop Latios to a lower tier provided that it hold a specific item.

I know that Thousand Arrows is unreleased, but my question is still regarding that - it's neutral when the opponent is airborne, would that also apply if the airborne opponent has Wonder Guard? (Aka hitting an Air Balloon Shedinja)

p2

Banned deucer.
Jirachi's gonna get Heart Stamp soon. Another 60% flinch move, brilliant. Why does Gamefreak love Jirachi so much?

I know that Thousand Arrows is unreleased, but my question is still regarding that - it's neutral when the opponent is airborne, would that also apply if the airborne opponent has Wonder Guard? (Aka hitting an Air Balloon Shedinja)
Shedinja doesn't take damage from Ground moves, so it's not gonna pop the balloon. However for something like Rotom-Fan holding an Air Balloon, it will pop because TA bypasses Levitate, Flying type and Air Balloons.

p2

Banned deucer.
I doubt it, it's not really hitting anything in particular and it doesn't have STAB either, but it could be an interesting option to hit Fighting types, Dark types, and Dragon types on lure sets.

Jirachi's gonna get Heart Stamp soon. Another 60% flinch move, brilliant. Why does Gamefreak love Jirachi so much?
I wish I knew.

It's also getting Play Rough. Will that be any good on physical Jirachi sets? ... if... those still exist?
The problem is that psychic STAB already hits Fighting types and you're probably best off switching out from dark types, a few of which can't switch in to Iron Head anyway.

Heart Stamp is like Zen Headbutt; both are physical psychic type attacks that can cause a flinch. Heart Stamp has a 60% rate and 60 BP; ZEN Headbutt has 40% and 80 BP. If you're going to do some type of paraflinch, you'd probably be better off using Iron Head over either because it has no immunities. :)

Alright, so apparently there's a new BP clause I wasn't aware of that became in effect this week (was gone for my summer job). What is it exactly? Is it something along the lines of Bping stat boosts being banned or is it something else?

Alright, so apparently there's a new BP clause I wasn't aware of that became in effect this week (was gone for my summer job). What is it exactly? Is it something along the lines of Bping stat boosts being banned or is it something else?
To put it as simply as I can, a Pokemon cannot Baton Pass a Speed Boost and another Stat Boost in one use of Baton Pass.

So Scolipede could pass a Speed Boost, but the second it uses SD or ID, it cannot click Baton Pass with a Speed Boost on it as well. You can run any combination of boosts, but you cannot click Baton Pass if you have a Speed Boost + Other Stat boost.

For all intents, Dry Pass and Sub Pass is unaffected, but things like SmashPass, QuiverPass, and Scolipede's QuickPass, which were meant to stack boosts to Speed and other stats quickly for passing, no longer work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)