Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers MKII (Read the OP First!) (Now with 100% more Rules!!!)

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Will there be a Hoopa-Confined thread for sets there? Or will we just ignore it due to Unbound being SO much better?
The hoopa thread there right now was there when we allowed pokemon threads. we're not allowing pokemon threads anymore.

Hello, I'd like to know if Starmie can be used instead of Keldeo, since every Keldeo that I got through GTS is illegal...

Hello, I'd like to know if Starmie can be used instead of Keldeo, since every Keldeo that I got through GTS is illegal...
This is the wrong place to ask, I'd probably go to the Orange Islands or Wi-FI SQSA thread. And to answer the question, yes.

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
How is Mega Heracross at the moment?

So what does Hoopa U threaten and beat?

What's it's best set atm? Sub+NP? AoA?
I love using NP+ 3 attacks, it completetly demolishes slower builds. Mixed LO, Mixed Scarf, and even AV are pretty good as well.

AraEDIT: No double posts

Hi :] I just made my smogon account yesterday so I'm kinda new to this. Would anyone be willing to teambuild with me? ( if this is the wrong place to ask I'm really sorry)

Is it possible to build something resembling a sun team? I mean, we only have one viable Chlorophyll sweeper (Venusaur) and Ninetales' only advantage over Zard Y is eight turns of sun, so how might one go about playing with sun?

Is it possible to build something resembling a sun team? I mean, we only have one viable Chlorophyll sweeper (Venusaur) and Ninetales' only advantage over Zard Y is eight turns of sun, so how might one go about playing with sun?
I would maybe have like maybe Heat Rock Klefki setting sun in addition to Zard Y, and imo Tangrowth also works as a sweeper with Growth and some other fun stuff. I tried it earlier, work decently. Though I do not really recommend it, it is really shaky, but you can try to play around with it, I find it to be quite fun.

How do the mechanics for Psych up Work?

Does Psych Up copy the opponent's actual stats (bar HP) or only the stat boost?

Say for example.. a slowbro uses Psych Up on a Garchomp as it Sword Dances for whatever reason.. Does Slowbro copy the Garchomp's actual stats and recieve 718 Attack and whatever speed, or is Slowbro only getting a Sword's dance of it's own, Doubling it's current base attack and nothing more? (No I'm not actually trying this lol)

What's the difference between the Teambuilding and Role Compendium threads?
Team building thread gives you an in-depth look at a check (moveset, evs, etc) to help newer builders while the Role Compendium is meant for a quick glance, assuming you already know which sets are needed for checking a certain mon

Ight, I am really unobservant on some simple things and all. The occasional battle, where I parked my vehicle, but um....

How long ago did the Victory Road Forums get taken down now?

Sun is really rough now because of SR and stuff, the meta being kinda tough for dedicated weather teams barring rain offense. Sand is fine but you can't really run a full-on sand team.

If you really want to make a decent sun team, definitely use Zard Y. You also have Scarf tran and Entei as other less common fire options, and venu as you said as pretty much the only solid chlorophyll user. It's really tough to make a reliable sun team but it's possible. Just don't get 6-0'd by common things like Sand Excadrill which is pretty popular as of late.

How's the ladder with Hoopa? Haven't been on it because I'm busy and I'm a little scared about the meta's instability atm.
lmao every second dude has a hoopa and heaps of people are running gimmicky strats to pull him off like tail wind and trick room. also i havnt seen a set that stands out from the rest but it looks like everyone is going mixed aoa. Looks like lots of HO is being run to try to beat him but the ladder will only be like this for a bit until the hype dies down.

How's the ladder with Hoopa? Haven't been on it because I'm busy and I'm a little scared about the meta's instability atm.
I was on the ladder 2 days ago and Hoppa-U was on every team. Most of them run max Offense / max Speed with LO or Leftovers. Also has occasional AV and Nasty Plot sets but I kinda just murdered the shit out of it with Lucario (because they were too stupid to switch out and I run Jolly especially for this glass cannon monster of darkness.

Sooo many people have it, but for my team it is not really a threat. It always gets 1 kill max, and becomes more of a liability than a powerhouse for my opponents. Often runs mixed AoA, Drain Punch and Fire Punch are on many of them. Never seen a scarf.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)