Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers MKII (Read the OP First!) (Now with 100% more Rules!!!)

It has an opportunity cost because it's forced to be with mega Zard which is the guaranteed partner. So if you use venu, your mega slot is gone thanks to zard and shit like keldeo and azumarill ( on your respective side) can't spam hydro pump and waterfall.
I mean, I'm not entirely sure what your point is here. Venusaur is ranked purely for being a good partner to Charizard Y and everyone agrees on that so what are you trying to say lol?

I mean, I'm not entirely sure what your point is here. Venusaur is ranked purely for being a good partner to Charizard Y and everyone agrees on that so what are you trying to say lol?
Well, Venusaur can't do much without Charizard Y. If you want to keep your mega slot "open" you then have to use Ninetales (which is a mediocre mon in general) or a Prankster sun setter (which takes up a moveslot). Of course, Charizard Y being as good as it is, the "opportunity cost" isn't necessarily as drastic as some might make it out to be.

Well, Venusaur can't do much without Charizard Y. If you want to keep your mega slot "open" you then have to use Ninetales (which is a mediocre mon in general) or a Prankster sun setter (which takes up a moveslot). Of course, Charizard Y being as good as it is, the "opportunity cost" isn't necessarily as drastic as some might make it out to be.
Yeah but it's a moot point when it's purely ranked for and everyone knows it's purely ranked for Charizard Y ?_? I mean no-one's making arguments about Omastar and Kingdra who are ranked purely for Politoed so I don't really understand what the question or argument is here

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
The problem is more that Zard Y needs specific support to function optimally and using Venusaur causes a teambuilding constraint. Zard Y needs Pursuit support and hazard removal with a optional Sand setter to restart the weather, eating up 3-4 slots already and leaving you with 2-1 slots left after Venusaur. Venusaur is actually pretty threatening but that constraint combined with difficulty in using it with limited turns is why it's ranked as D (but I could see it being at C).

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ninetales lets you use Mega Diancie, which is actually really good on sun teams because of the water weakness being covered up and ability to beat a lot of mons that beat sun teams.

My friend says a S rank mon can't get suspected. Is that true?
Your wording is a bit hard to understand. Since as noted above its not unusual to have an S rank mon to be suspected but inversely it doesn't ALWAYS mean Pokemon in that rank are automatically going to be suspected, see Clefable or Char-X or MAlt etc. Viability rankings aren't going to make any Pokemon immune to suspect tests, if anything the likelihood of being suspected tends to rise the higher up the rank.

Is Attract viable AT ALL in the metagame? not like I plan to use it, but still. Just wanna know.
Given that there are plenty of genderless pokemon in the tier and that most people just randomize their Pokemons' genders, it's generally considered a waste of a moveslot since a mon with attract may not even be able to use Attract on the same species in two different battles (bar the mons that have only 1 gender)

Given that there are plenty of genderless pokemon in the tier and that most people just randomize their Pokemons' genders, it's generally considered a waste of a moveslot since a mon with attract may not even be able to use Attract on the same species in two different battles (bar the mons that have only 1 gender)
cool! thanks

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Higher chance to OHKO Amoonguss with Psychic:
  • 176 SpA Life Orb Hoopa-Unbound Psychic vs. 252 HP / 120+ SpD Amoonguss: 429-507 (99.3 - 117.3%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
  • 176 SpA Life Orb Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Hole vs. 252 HP / 120+ SpD Amoonguss: 377-447 (87.2 - 103.4%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
OHKO on Defensive Mega Venusaur:
  • 176 SpA Life Orb Hoopa-Unbound Psychic vs. 252 HP / 144 SpD Mega Venusaur: 338-400 (92.8 - 109.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • 176 SpA Life Orb Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Hole vs. 252 HP / 144 SpD Mega Venusaur: 304-359 (83.5 - 98.6%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
2HKO on Specially Defensive Hippowdon
  • 176 SpA Life Orb Hoopa-Unbound Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon: 199-234 (47.3 - 55.7%) -- 75.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
  • 176 SpA Life Orb Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Hole vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon: 175-208 (41.6 - 49.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
OHKO on Mega Diancie
  • 176 SpA Life Orb Hoopa-Unbound Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Mega Diancie: 231-273 (95.8 - 113.2%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
  • 176 SpA Life Orb Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Hole vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Mega Diancie: 204-242 (84.6 - 100.4%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Wouldn't say it's completely unviable, but Defog is mostly done better on Latias and Skarmory, due to reasons such as better defensive typing, better utility options etc., like Healing Wish on Latias and Spikes on Skarmory. It's also weak to Stealth Rock itself meaning using Defog can be a little bit of a burden on Togekiss.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)