Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers MKII (Read the OP First!) (Now with 100% more Rules!!!)

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
NP Lucario isn't all that good given that it is mostly outclassed by other mons as a special attacker and it means losing out on ESpeed. I mean, its far from useless, but you're better off with other mons. If you do run it tho, don't use Lefties as it doesn't really provide much utility for something so frail, and it really needs all the firepower it can get.

Martin

is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Stuff like NP Thundy, CM Latios, CM Raikou and others that im too lazy to think of tend to be more consistent. Its not so much the coverage that's the problem and more that there are better/more consistent options for special sweepers/wallbreakers to choose from on most teams. That and the 4MSS on NP is noticably worse due to the fact that it is much more reliant on its coverage than SD (which spams espeed 9/10 anyway) while still necessitating priority due to its crappy speed tier/bulk (honestly I'm hard-pressed to think of any mons/individual sets that 4MSS is a valid argument against besides np luke lol).

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
The NP lucario set is NP, vacuum wave, flash cannon, dark pulse / focus blast / aura sphere. All those things you mentioned gamer boy lose to sand which the NP lucario set doesnt while blowing defensive builds back based on what the core and coverage option being used is. Hp ice is also a possibility but is pretty hard to fit seeing as how the first three moves are set in stone.

Generally speaking those things you mentioned have more utility to warrant a slot but i figure I would throw that out there seeing as you missed the point of why you would even use it in the first place as far as NP goes.

Do I can find somewhere the most actual Usage stats of Pokemon Showdown. I need those information because it would help me with Teambilding alot.

Do I can find somewhere the most actual Usage stats of Pokemon Showdown. I need those information because it would help me with Teambilding alot.
Here are this month's. If you want to see actual movesets, go to moveset/ and then the ladder in question; just the ladder from the main page tells you how often each mon was used. Be sure to select the highest number there (1825 for OU) to get an idea of what's popular and actually useful. This also can give you an idea of how to work with less-commonly-used mons, should that be your fancy.

To be good against the most popular pokemon / archetypes.
Does that mean the anti-meta Pokemon must be something that's not very popular? Or can something that is popular while still being effective against other popular threats be considered anti-meta?

Does that mean the anti-meta Pokemon must be something that's not very popular? Or can something that is popular while still being effective against other popular threats be considered anti-meta?
Usually, if something is still extremely popular, you wouldn't normally use the term "anti-meta". For instance, if something's in the A ranks in the viability ranking, then even if they become better due to meta trends, they're usually very good regardless of the meta, so the term "anti-meta" wouldn't really be appropriate. In general, the term "anti-meta" is usually for things that become extremely good if the meta lines up perfectly but become significantly worse if the meta no longer favors that mon.

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
I think it can be interpreted as both. Anti-Meta for me includes uncommon pokemon such as Togekiss, Cobalion and Crawdaunt and uncommon sets of common pokemon such as CM Manaphy and Banded TTar. Personally I won't call pokemon like Lando-T, Heatran and Mega Venusaur anti-meta (except if they use an uncommon set ofc.) but I guess you could call them anti-meta just because they perform well against common threats.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Anti-meta is a pretty broad term, as dynamic as metagames are since how a metagame evolves determine how something is or becomes anti-meta. An uncommon set wont guarantee that something is anti-meta right off the bat, it got be a set that can take advantage of common checks and counters or teambuilding trends. Banded ttar is a pretty neat example of it since common defensive mons that think they can switch just like that just to get blasted.

Other example of anti-meta sets would be: sub salac SD lando-t, banded kyurem-b, calm mind + 3 attacks celebi, calm mind encore mega alakazam (or other moves), crawdaunt in general (with mega altaria usage dropping) and some more stuff.

An example in previous metas of how something was anti-meta is weavile. During XY it was really uncommon but it still was a living pain for offensive teams and something people just didnt prepare for. Outspeeding greninja means the fastest offense staple just couldnt really handle it and it goes like that. Then ORAS made weavile much more common, people preparing for it and then stopping being anti-meta.

Lengthy response but isnt a simple question :V

toshimelonhead

Honey Badger don't care.
is a Tiering Contributor
Nominee for "stupid question needs a simple answer"...Does Magic Guard negate Magic Bounce for hazard setting, status moves, etc?
Want to make sure I don't accidentally set up rocks with Clefable vs Mega Sableye.

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
Nominee for "stupid question needs a simple answer"...Does Magic Guard negate Magic Bounce for hazard setting, status moves, etc?
Want to make sure I don't accidentally set up rocks with Clefable vs Mega Sableye.
No.
Magic Guard prevents you from taking damage from hazards, status etc. but it doesn't affect your opponent. The ability you are looking for is Mold Breaker (or Teravolt / Turboblaze which do the same thing), which cancels the opponents ability when you use a move.

MANNAT

https://spo.ink/aq7
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The answer is no, but Clefable can set rocks vs msab anyways since it is threatened by fairy STAB and is prolly going to switch out anyways, unless you have already revealed rocks of course, then they might stay in to bounce back rocks.

What is Blissey's Calm Mind set? Sorry for asking about sets here if this is the wrong place, but it wasn't on the site's analysis.

Martin

There used to be a Warstory section in Smogon where players post commentaries and battles. Where is the section now and is it active?
I asked about this around a year and a half ago and was told that they are to be posted in this subforum. It is a completely dead practice at this point though due to people commonly saying that they are outdated due to replays existing.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
They are dead because of replays. You can probably find old ones in Cold Storage, and there's at least one in Ruins of Alph that got necro'd recently.

MANNAT

https://spo.ink/aq7
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
What is Blissey's Calm Mind set? Sorry for asking about sets here if this is the wrong place, but it wasn't on the site's analysis.
No, this is the perfect place to ask this, don't worry. The set should be like Calm Mind, Softboiled, Shadow Ball, and like heal bell I'm pretty sure, shadow ball is so that it beats gengar as well as manaphy in one slot, which is the main purpose for its use on stall. I'm not 100% sure about the heal bell slot on that set though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)