Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers MKII (Read the OP First!) (Now with 100% more Rules!!!)

Ok so what's the deal with Hurricane? I'm a new-to-gen-6 gen 5 player and I know that hurricane is 70% accurate except in rain, but I've literally never had it miss on me, even without rain. Did it change in gen 6?

Huh. I guess it's just confirmation bias. I've played like 300 games and people use it like it's 100% accurate and I swear it is. Thanks!
While having 70% accuracy does cause massive frustration, because of how hard it hits when coming from Tornadus-T, and the fact that the odds are still in the user's favor that it'll hit, it forces you to play around it and assume the worst case scenario that it'll hit despite the 30% survival rate. But yeah, assuming you aren't using Mega Pidgeot and still not missing, whatever you're doing to stop it from missing outside of rain, do it twice as often to get in a side of confusion hax

What ev spread should I use in order to setup with raikou at +1 and not get my substitute broken from clef's Moonblast, Tran's Plume, Rotom's Voltswitch ecc... ( I'm actually using 32HP and 44 SpDef)

What ev spread should I use in order to setup with raikou at +1 and not get my substitute broken from clef's Moonblast, Tran's Plume, Rotom's Voltswitch ecc... ( I'm actually using 32HP and 44 SpDef)
Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 32 HP / 184 SpA / 40 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
does the dugtrio double defog team run vincune now or does it still run the bulkier cm cune? im guessing bulkier set just because of certain threats that can overpower vincune due to its lack of rest and bulk, but I just want confirmation.

You have any idea about who Pokémon start as ubers in gen7 (things like Ho-Oh, Arceus... are obvious)and if it not, how long usually the initial ubers are declared after game release?

Could someone give the importable for that Scolipide, Espeon, Manaphy, M-Heracross, Garchomp, Thundurus-T baton pass team? I have already searched for it but I didn't find it.

Thanks in advance :D

What's the EV spread for Defensive Volcanion? I think a stat of 202 should be plenty for bulky SD Zor and SpDef Tran, but a stat of 194 still creeps min speed Heatran, and gives me a little more bulk. Thoughts?

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
What's the EV spread for Defensive Volcanion? I think a stat of 202 should be plenty for bulky SD Zor and SpDef Tran, but a stat of 194 still creeps min speed Heatran, and gives me a little more bulk. Thoughts?
defensive volcanion is trash, but here's an ev spread i found in my builder

Volcanion @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 232 HP / 176 Def / 100 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
- Haze

The speed is a minimum benchmark to outpace Adamant Azumarill, Scald should be used on the defensive set and not Steam Eruption because you need to PP and longevity to pose a threat to bulkier teams, u can run w/e on second slot, but i prefer flamethrower, Toxic is used to hit targets that despide status like mlatias and Haze resets stats so you can beat things like CM Slowbro 1v1.

You have any idea about who Pokémon start as ubers in gen7 (things like Ho-Oh, Arceus... are obvious)and if it not, how long usually the initial ubers are declared after game release?
Ubers initial banlist, judging from past gens, will be cover legends, Mewtwo, Arceus, Deo-N, Deo-A, Darkrai, Skymin, Blaziken, and if I had to hazard a guess on Megas, Lucarionite, Kangaskhanite, Salamencite and Gengarite as well. That's all guess work but I'd say most of that is probable. Tiering is really not set in stone at this point and the system could change in a few ways before SuMo starts.

I wanted to ask a question about the 7th Gen metagame. It is about Z-Moves. In my opinion Z-Moves will break the game. We will have Mega Evolutions who will be able to use Z-Moves. There is also a rumor that Mega Evolutions might be able to hold items.

My question is how likely is that Z-Moves get banned ?

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I wanted to ask a question about the 7th Gen metagame. It is about Z-Moves. In my opinion Z-Moves will break the game. We will have Mega Evolutions who will be able to use Z-Moves. There is also a rumor that Mega Evolutions might be able to hold items.

My question is how likely is that Z-Moves get banned ?
You have no basis to say that z moves will break the game because no info other than the fact that they require z crystals (or whatever they're called) to be used has been confirmed (whether that refers to base powers etc.) so we can't realistically answer a question like this.

Hey guys, two small questions.

Leaf Storm or Giga Drain on Tangrowth and Life Orb or Air Balloon on Sand Rush Excadrill?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)