Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers MKII (Read the OP First!) (Now with 100% more Rules!!!)

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
i would only run air balloon on exca if the team was weak to opposing sand honestly its a fairly niche choice
air balloon exca also helps with like overload cores like Exca+Lop since you setup on Lando-T, who is one of the most common offensive checks for Mega Lop.

Thanks for the answers, and about Leaf Storm on Tangrowth, is the power drop from Leaf Storm a big deal or not really? Because I also want to run Hidden Power on it and I'm paranoid if the power drop is gonna be an issue.

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
Thanks for the answers, and about Leaf Storm on Tangrowth, is the power drop from Leaf Storm a big deal or not really? Because I also want to run Hidden Power on it and I'm paranoid if the power drop is gonna be an issue.
leaf storm is only used to ohko manaphy on assault vest sets since it lives +3 ice beam

Really depends on what you want to hit. Hidden powers are mostly used for luring so conflict with other moves is rare if any. Tangrowths main job anyway is to absorb hits so if you use leaf-storm chances are your swtiching out afterwards anyway because its done its job by absorbing a hit, maybe throwing out leafstorm or Hidden power and then switching if you decide not to double.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
When using AV Tang, firing off knock is really nice in general to cripple Tran and clef as they hate losing leftovers.

Should I use Modest or Timid on my Mega Gardevoir? I know Timid is the preferred choice, but I don't know which one to pick, my team already has a lot of fast attacker + a paralysis statuer.

Should I use Modest or Timid on my Mega Gardevoir? I know Timid is the preferred choice, but I don't know which one to pick, my team already has a lot of fast attacker + a paralysis statuer.
If you have something to spread Paralysis, you may be able to get away with using Modest. I took the liberty of finding everything that outspeeds max speed Modest Mega Gardevoir, so if there's nothing on the list that you need Mega Gardevoir to check, you should be okay with using Modest
328 / Celebi, Charizard (Mega-X), Charizard (Mega-Y), Gardevoir (Mega), Manaphy, Medicham (Mega), Victini / 100 / +Spe / 252 / 0327 / Celebi, Gardevoir (Mega), Manaphy / 100 / +Spe / 252 / 0 / 30 IV [Hidden Power Fire]
317 / Kyurem-Black / 95 / +Spe / 252 / 0
315 / Terrakion / 108 / Neutral / 252 / 0
311 / Garchomp (Mega) / 92 / +Spe / 252 / 0
310 / Charizard (Mega-X), Volcarona / 100 / +Spe / 184 / 0
309 / Landorus-Therian / 91 / +Spe / 252 / 0
309 / Lopunny, Pinsir (Mega), Sharpedo (Mega) / 105 / Neutral / 252 / 0
306 / Lucario / 90 / +Spe / 252 / 0
303 / Garchomp / 102 / Neutral / 252 / 0
303 / Diancie (Mega), Metagross (Mega) / 110 / Neutral / 188 / 0
302 / Excadrill / 88 / +Spe / 252 / 0
301 / Thundurus-Therian / 101 / Neutral / 252 / 0
300 / Latias (Mega) / 110 / Neutral / 176 / 0
299 / Charizard, Charizard (Mega-X), Charizard (Mega-Y), Entei, Gardevoir (Mega), Medicham (Mega), Staraptor, Victini / 100 / Neutral / 252 / 0

Depends. Personally, I think the Speed tie with opposing base 100s as well as outpacing Excadrill is pretty important but it mostly depends on your team.

What are some good spreads for jellicent? I was thinking of running either 252 Hp/ 252 Def or 252Hp/ 172 Def/ 80 Speed. The latter is good for skarmory but i'm unsure if that is really necessary. Any recommendations?

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
What are some good spreads for jellicent? I was thinking of running either 252 Hp/ 252 Def or 252Hp/ 172 Def/ 80 Speed. The latter is good for skarmory but i'm unsure if that is really necessary. Any recommendations?
Run 88 speed for band azu and beyond that you can either fully invest in one side or split the EVs.

Imagine if Goodra was in Gen 4 (in the scenario where Gen 6 moves and Abilities don't exist yet). How well would it perform in the Gen 4 OU conditions?

EDIT: Is this the wrong place to ask this question? If so, where should I be asking it.

Hi guys !
I am pretty new to competitive pokemon and i'd want to make a nice team to begin (on 3ds ).
After some searchs, I thought about this one:

Mega charizard X @ charizardite X
Tough claws
-dragon dance
-dragon claw
-Flare blitz
-Roost

Ferrothorn @ leftovers
Iron barbs
-Leech seed
-stealth rock
-Gyro ball
-power whip

Azumarill @ choice band
Huge power
-play rough
-waterfall
-aqua jet
-superpower

Excadrill @ life orb
Sand rush
-rapid spin
-earthquake
-Iron head
-rock slide

Tyranitar @ choice scarf
Sand stream
-stone edge
-pursuit
-crunch
-superpower

Tornadus-T @ assault vest
Regenerator
-hurricane
-heat wave
-U-turn
-knock off

This team would be centered on Zard x , with Excadrill as a rapid spinner, boosted by Tyranitar's sand . Azumarill provides fairy and water STAB, Ferrothorn would be a physical wall and rock stealth user. Finally, Tornadus-T plays the role of offensive pivot, while being able to tank special attacks with the assault vest, and damaging hard fighting and grass types with hurricane.

Note that I didn't post in RMT because I haven't tried the team yet.
EVs are not there, this is simply for a general view of the team.

So my questions are:
1- Do you think this is a decent team for 3ds online battles ?
2- Is the lack of special sweeper a big issue ?

Thank you very much for your answers.

PS: sorry for my English, which is not my native language

Last edited:
Just read the dissection of BC wish killer's team on the article page and i'm confused. The article says the team is considered a joke by many tour and ladder players but why? For a team that everybody knows every member's sets, has been around since early XY, been used by a single person (bloody's fake is bc wish killer, right?) so people know how he plays (always lead heatran) to still consistently be in the top 10 of the OU ladder with GXE 90% or higher, shouldnt the team be considered one of the best (if not THE best) of this gen?

I dont talk to any ladder players or tour players so i'm not sure if it's an inside joke to call this team a joke but i'm confused.

Just read the dissection of BC wish killer's team on the article page and i'm confused. The article says the team is considered a joke by many tour and ladder players but why? For a team that everybody knows every member's sets, has been around since early XY, been used by a single person (bloody's fake is bc wish killer, right?) so people know how he plays (always lead heatran) to still consistently be in the top 10 of the OU ladder with GXE 90% or higher, shouldnt the team be considered one of the best (if not THE best) of this gen?

I dont talk to any ladder players or tour players so i'm not sure if it's an inside joke to call this team a joke but i'm confused.
Can you provide a link to the article in question? I have never heard of such a team.

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
Is an ELO of like 1500 or 1600 kinda decent ?

Also can someone please give me any tips for laddering ?
1500-1600 is still low-mid ladder but honestly you shouldnt worry about ladder too much. people dont start consistently using viable teams until pretty high up and its easy to lose to hax/blatantly unviable stuff that just happens to destroy you.

generally try to use teams not too weak to offense as thats super common. its also good to pack a solid way of decimating stall. also avoid using teams that take too much brainpower to use because its easy to go on autopilot. if you start tilting (going on a loss streak) and/or getting mad take a break and do something else. thats rlly all i can offer u in terms of advice but gl man.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)