Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers MKII (Read the OP First!) (Now with 100% more Rules!!!)

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Haven't seen a thread in uncharted territory. Viability of battle bond Greninja vs Protean?
this is more of a UC question, but both Pokemon are very viable, and the set that you choose generally depends on your personal preference as well as the team makeup. LO Protean Greninja likes having entry hazard support a lot more since it can get worn down by LO recoil, and BB ninja is really nice on VoltTurn since it's got specs turn to pick up momentum and wants as many opportunities to transform as possible.

You know if you use All-Out Pummelling on Focus Blast, does it class as a special or physical move (and what stat does it run off)? Searching on Showdown it says it is physical, so I was curious.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hey Guys New Player Here What Is The Best pokemon For Use In Sun and Moon overUsed?
I've been thinking About Using a Stountland Rain Team but IDK?

I also thought about replacing Alomomola with Chansey. Both have pros and cons so I'm undecided...

Any feedback?
why are you using Stoutland on Rain lol, if anything you should use it on Sand because of its ability Sand Rush. A good Normal-type for Rain would be Bewear because it appreciates Fire-type mons being weakened. But yeah Rain is a pretty offensive playstyle, the basic framework is something like Politoed + Rocks Setter (Ferrothorn is good here) + Hurricane Spammer (Tornadus-T, Pidgeot-Mega if you're that guy) + Physical Rain Sweeper (Kabutops, Armaldo, etc) + Special Rain Sweeper (Kingdra, Ludicolo, Omastar) + filler, but that might change a bit this gen. Either way, I hope that was useful.

Hi ! I found different set for Primarina, do you think speed investment can be useful ? (Primarina - Modest 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe)

Hii! I'd like to know if there is any place to request changes in the ou meta? Id like to make a post with good arguments explaining why i want one thing to be changed, but i'm not sure where to post it!

Hii! I'd like to know if there is any place to request changes in the ou meta? Id like to make a post with good arguments explaining why i want one thing to be changed, but i'm not sure where to post it!
Might be best to message one of the Mods and ask them, Just be polite when doing so. There is the policy review forum to but as far as I know only certain people are allowed to post there and is Invite only. So yeah just message a mod

So something odd just happened to me on battle spot.
>I have out Aegislash
>Opponent sends in Porygon2, no ability activates
>I switch to Toxapex, Porygon2 Trace activates, traces Regenerator.

Why did this happen? Is it because Stance Change cannot be Traced? I'm bamboozled

EDIT: After a simple bulbapedia search I found that is the reason.

"If all opponents have Abilities that cannot be traced, then Trace will activate when next exposed to an opponent that has a traceable Ability." -Bulbapedia

Good to know!

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I run hyper offense. What are some good rain check Pokemon to run on HO so you don't get 6-0'd by rain?
Mega Alakazam can trace swift swim from Kabutops and Kingdra and use it against them pretty well. Tapu Bulu can force out both Kingdra and Kabutops as well which is cool.

don't have a replay on me rn but a zygarde thousand arrows'd my m-pinsir for neutral damage, which i don't get bc bug resists. yeh, it bypasses the flying immunity, but does it also bypass the bug resistance? and on that thought does it bypass all resistances?

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
don't have a replay on me rn but a zygarde thousand arrows'd my m-pinsir for neutral damage, which i don't get bc bug resists. yeh, it bypasses the flying immunity, but does it also bypass the bug resistance? and on that thought does it bypass all resistances?
Thousand Arrows hits all Flying-types neutrally on the first turn and then applies a Smack Down affect to them. When using it against Levitate/Balloon/Magnet Rise users, it just ignores the immunity completely.

So something odd just happened to me on battle spot.
>I have out Aegislash
>Opponent sends in Porygon2, no ability activates
>I switch to Toxapex, Porygon2 Trace activates, traces Regenerator.

Why did this happen? Is it because Stance Change cannot be Traced? I'm bamboozled

EDIT: After a simple bulbapedia search I found that is the reason.

"If all opponents have Abilities that cannot be traced, then Trace will activate when next exposed to an opponent that has a traceable Ability." -Bulbapedia

Good to know!
i found this out in game against the mega alakazam when i had out wishiwashi it killed it with energy ball and i switched to my mandibuzz and it traced my overcoat from it.

also, can anyone tell me how to get porygon in-game? i want to run z conversion with a porygon z but u cant find it wild. does someone give it to u or do i have to wait for bank to update? I may also need to know how to get secret ability mons this gen i really want a sow warning ninetails and slush rush sandslash.

does anybody have a quick way to special train mons too? i hate the ally pokemon training it is too long and definitely getting on my nerves since i can't find the power items as my festival plaza won't sell me anything EVER.

does anyone know any pokemon who can both clear hazards and provide wish/heal bell support to teammates? thx
don't forget mew when bank gets up he has heal bell but has no wish but he has the benefit of a new z move from what i've seen and im thinking an event with him and/ or marshadow is coming because marshadow has one too according to serebii. mews is on psychic and marshadows is on spectral thief

AraEDIT: Please don't double post, let alone quadruple post. Use the edit button if you want to add thoughts to a post / comment on a thread where you have the most recent post.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm working on an idea for a small pet mod. To help the direction of the project, I'm gathering some data.

What factors in a meta game make stall strong or weak? For example, I would assume the presence of viable wall breakers would make stall weaker.

I'm working on an idea for a small pet mod. To help the direction of the project, I'm gathering some data.

What factors in a meta game make stall strong or weak? For example, I would assume the presence of viable wall breakers would make stall weaker.
it is a lot stronger with pokemon like mega slowbro access to calm mind or eviolite pokemon with huge defences like type null and chansey

Would you say that good calm mind users in general make stall strong? Slowbro, Sableye, and Clefable come to mind.
Definitely but not only that but they often have reliable recovery in addition but is also made possible by being able to switch in and take huge amounts of damage casually and return it in ways like foul play, toxic and pain split. And in the case of the extremely bulky defensive calm minders it grants them some wallbreaking power they need.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)