Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Taunt/Stun Spore
- Encore
- Memento
-Tailwind

Roles: Support, Stall Breaker.

What It Does: The main reason to use whimsicott is because he have the ability to annoy both offensive and defensive mons with Prankster + His awesome moverpool. Stun spore is used to stop fast sweepers, and works in ground types too, encore can lock mons in usless moves against whimsicott or something usless against a whimsicott partner, also nobody likes being locked in a boost move, SR, or a Status move in general. Taunt is used to Stall-Break better, and can be used to stop Set-Up sweepers before they Set-Up. Memento is awesome to Support ur own Set-Up sweepers, because nothing(excpet Bisharp and Serperior) like to be with a -2 Spa/Atk, alongside with Stun Spore and Encore/Taunt ur Set-up Sweeper will have a really good time seting-up, Tailwind can be used to buff the speed of your team and make the work of late game cleanners become easier. Sash is Used to guarantee that Cott can use at last two moves, and it's the prefer item when using Memento

Good Teammates: Set-Up Sweepers really appreciate the Momentum that Whimsicott gives, Some of them Have trouble trying to set-up, but with Cott they can do it easily, some examples are Cloyster, Mega Diancie, Mega Absol, Gorebyss(smashpass), Smergle(Geopass/Smash Pass), and Several Others. , Some Wallbrakers like Mega Camerupt and Crawdant also apreciate Cott Support, becuase they are Frail and like the ability to free Hit/Set-Up a mon in a Switch, Hazard remover and/or a Wish Passer is necessary, since Whimsicott needs to be with full health to Focus Sash Work.

What Counters it: Whmsicott is very versatile, almost nobody likes to switch into a Stun Spore/Taunt/Memento, but Magic Bouncers can easily counter him, Almost Any Poison Type in the meta will offer dangerous to Whimsicott, and Whimsicott can't switch into a taunt too.

Any Additional : You can use Moonbalst/Giga Drain/U-turn to deal with Magic Bouncers.

Last edited:

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
What to Use:

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash/Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish/Bold Nature
- Stun Spore/Susbtitute
- Encore/Taunt
- Leech Seed/Memento/Tailwind
- U-turn/Moonblast/Giga Drain

Roles: Support, Physical Wall, Stall Breaker, Utility Attacker.

What It Does: The main reason to use Whimsicott is because he have the ability to annoy both offensive and defensive mons with Prankster + His awesome moverpool. Stun Spore is used to stop fast Sweepers, and works in Ground types too, Encore can lock mons in usless moves against Whimsicott or something usless against a Whimsicott partner, also nobody likes being locked in a boost move, SR, or a Status move in general. Taunt is used to Stall-Break better, and can be used to stop Set-Up Sweepers Before th ey Set-Up. Leech Seed is an good move to annoy Switche, because give a passive damage while heal Whimsicott, Memento is awesome to Support ur own Set-Up Sweepers, because nothing(excpet Bisharp and Serperior) like to be with a -2 Spa/Atk, alongside with Stun Spore and Encore/Taunt ur Set-up Sweeper will have a really good time seting-up, Tailwind can be used to buff the speed of your team and make Late-Game Cleanners Job easier, U-Turn is used to Gain Momentum, it's a good form of switch to a good pokemon that can take care of a Para/Encored mon, also can give a good damge to Espeon, Mega Absol and celebi, witch walls Whimsicott. Moonblast can take care of Sableye and Mega Absol, witch can Wall Whimsicott Tnks to Magic Bounce, Also Take care of Dragons(witch normaly are Walled by Whimsicott Type, Giga Drain can Take care of Mega Diancie in Switches and Also is a good form of hit Rotom-W and (mega)Slowbro, Substitute is used to make the SubSeed combo, witch is very annoying but nowdays isn't that good. Sash is Used to Guarantee that Cott can use at last two moves, and it's the prefer item when using Memento, Leftovers make Whimsicott even better when used to Wall Physical Attacks.

Good Teammates: Set-Up Sweepers really appreciate the Momentum that Whimsicott gives, Some of them Have trouble trying to set-up, but with Cott they can do it easily, some examples are Cloyster, Mega Diancie, Mega Absol, Gorebyss(smashpass), Smergle(Geopass/Smash Pass), and Several Others. Heatran can take FIre, Ice, Steel, Poison and Flying Moves, while Whimsicott can take Water, Fighting and Ground, so they make a really good defensive core.

What Counters it: Whmsicott is very versatile, almost nobody likes to Switch into a Stun Spore/Leech Seed/Taunt/Memento, and the Magic Bouncers that can counter it can be Shut down by the Offensive Move, so depending of what move you choose your counters will be Diffrent, If You Lack Memento Bulky Grasses types will Give You a lot of Trouble and Almost Any Poison Type in the meta will Offer Dangerous to Whimsicott.

Any Additional : An Offensive Spread with 252 Spa/Spe can be used alongside with LO and Giga Drain/Moonblast/Hp Fire/U-turn or a priority Move, since This Coverage can KO/2KO a lot of threats in the Meta, And Cotton Guard can be used to Make Whimsicott an Stellar Physical wall, but it's quite dificult to put on a Set.
There needs to be different sets, not just one set with a shit ton of slashes. Whimsicott's moveset determines its role.

Also don't use Cotton Guard like ever.

i don't think Whimsicott needs more analysis, since he's very versatile and the combinations are very varied, but i will remove the SubSeed Set in my Post, because it's a diferent set with other propose, also the move choice is very personal or what your team needs, and whimsicott is quite usefull tnks to it's versatility, but i edit a lot now is just a memento sash set, i think the Slashes are very accetable. sory for the font, but in my new pc i don't have Microsoft World i will try edit it.

Edit: i change the more additional info part, now i write what i write here.

Last edited:
i don't think Whimsicott needs more analysis, since he's very versatile and the combinations are very varied, but i will remove the SubSeed Set in my Post, because it's a diferent set with other propose, also the move choice is very personal or what your team needs, and whimsicott is quite usefull tnks to it's versatility, but i edit a lot now is just a memento sash set, i think the Slashes are very accetable. sory for the font, but in my new pc i don't have Microsoft World i will try edit it.

Edit: i change the more additional info part, now i write what i write here.
The main set you posted still has some issues. To begin, Sash sets run 252 HP and 252 Speed; sash mons are expected to be killed in 2 hits (with an unbroken sash) so it's pointless to invest in bulk. They don't run offensive moves either since it has no real power and because it normally just uses Memento after setting up a Tailwind. Ultimately, the set looks like a mash-up of all the other sets. Also, please fix the font and the grammar issues; you have a lot of misspelled words and random capitalized words.

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Hidden Power [Ground]
- Giga Drain / Glare / Taunt / Knock Off

Role: Wallbreaker/Stallbreaker

What it Does: Serperior is an incredibly threatening pokemon in OU. With a powerful Contrary Leaf Storm, Serperior can blow past many of it's resists with repeated hits. Additionally, with a great 113 base Speed, Serperior can outspeed the crowded base 110 tier. Unfortunately, Serperior suffers from a poor typing, both offensively and defensively, as well as a shallow movepool, which causes Serp to be walled by something no matter what it runs. Serperior is also quite weak without a Leaf Storm boost, which lets it's checks come in fairly easily. Leaf Storm is the only reason to use Serperior, and gives it a 2x SpA boost whenever used. This enables Serperior to spam its most powerful move with next to zero drawbacks, the only one being its imperfect accuracy. Dragon Pulse lets Serp nail the Lati twins along with other Grass resists such as Charizard X and Y and Talonflame. There are two choices for the third slot: Hidden Power Fire lets Serp get past Ferrothorn and Skarmory, while Hidden Power Ground blows past Heatran. Giga Drain gives Serperior a form of recovery and counteracts LO recoil, but if utility is needed Glare or Taunt can be used for paralysis and stallbreaking capabilities, respectively. Knock Off can also be used to cripple Chansey and Heatran on the switch, if none of the other utility moves are needed.

Good Teammates: Depending on it's Hidden Power, different mons are good teammates with Serperior. Serperior needs a Heatran check or a Ferrothorn check when using HP Fire or HP Ground, respectively, so mons that can kill these as well as lures such as EQ Latios are a good bet. Charizard-Y appreciates Serperior's ability to remove Heatran and the Latis, while Zard can get rid of Ferrothorn for Serp. Anything that appreciates bulky cores being gone benefits from Serperior's presence, so set-up sweepers are a good bet. Raikou, Rotom-W and Mega Manectric can all bring in Serperior via Volt Switch, and can get rid of Skarmory, a counter if not running HP Fire, as well as Tornadus-T. Chansey also can eat up hits if lacking Taunt, but is shut down without it.

What Counters It: Serperior has no true counters, as they can all be blown past with boosts and a potential HP Fire/Ground, but has numerous checks. If running HP Fire, Heatran walls it, but if running HP Ground, Ferrothorn and SpD Skarmory do. AV Torn-T is a great check, but can be pressured with other special attackers. Talonflame and Charizard-Y check Serperior pretty well, but are hurt by a Stealth Rock weakness.

Any Additional Info: Serperior can run Leftovers for passive recovery, but it is much less threatening. Spam Leaf Storm as much as possible, as Serperior is weak without a boost.

Last edited:

Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Glare / Taunt / Substitute

What it Does: Serperior is an incredibly threatening pokemon in OU. With a powerful Contrary Leaf Storm, Serperior can blow past many of it's resists with repeated hits. Additionally, with a great 113 base Speed, Serperior can outspeed the crowded base 110 tier. Unfortunately, Serperior suffers from a poor typing, both offensively and defensively, as well as a shallow movepool, which causes Serp to be walled by something no matter what it runs. Serperior is also quite weak without a Leaf Storm boost, which lets it's checks come in fairly easily. Leaf Storm is the only reason to use Serperior, and gives it a 2x SpA boost whenever used. This enables Serperior to spam its most powerful move with next to zero drawbacks, the only one being its imperfect accuracy. Dragon Pulse lets Serp nail the Lati twins along with other Grass resists such as Charizard X and Y and Talonflame. There are two choices for the third slot: Hidden Power Fire lets Serp get past Ferrothorn and Skarmory, while Hidden Power Ground blows past Heatran. The last slot has a variety of options. Glare is useful when facing offense as it can paralyze checks such as Tornadus-T and Lati@s, while Taunt lets it break stall. If none of these are needed, Substitute is useful to dodge priority conserve Serp's health.

Good Teammates: Depending on it's Hidden Power, different mons are good teammates with Serperior. Serperior needs a Heatran check or a Ferrothorn check when using HP Fire or HP Ground, respectively. Charizard-Y appreciates Serperior's ability to remove Heatran and the Latis, while Zard can get rid of Ferrothorn for Serp. Anything that appreciates bulky cores being gone benefits from Serperior's presence, so set-up sweepers are a good bet. Raikou, Rotom-W and Mega Manectric can all bring in Serperior via Volt Switch, and can get rid of Skarmory, a counter if not running HP Fire, as well as Tornadus-T.

What Counters It: Serperior has no true counters, as they can all be blown past with boosts and a potential HP Fire/Ground, but has numerous checks. If running HP Fire, Heatran walls it, but if running HP Ground, Ferrothorn and SpD Skarmory do. Chansey fares decently against Serp if it's lacking Taunt, but is shut down if it does. AV Torn-T is a great check, but can be pressured with other special attackers. Talonflame and Charizard-Y check Serperior pretty well, but are hurt by a Stealth Rock weakness.

Any Additional Info: Serperior can run a Life Orb to pack more of a punch, but it is worn down much quicker. Spam Leaf Storm as much as possible, as Serperior is weak without a boost.
LIfe Orb is generally the preferred Item actually. I would also mention Giga Drain on there (probably where Glare is) since it gives it a form of recovery.

What to Use:

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Impish/Bold Nature
- Stun Spore
- Encore/Taunt
- Memento
-Tailwind

What It Does: The main reason to use whimsicott is because he have the ability to annoy both offensive and defensive mons with Prankster + His awesome moverpool. Stun spore is used to stop fast sweepers, and works in ground types too, encore can lock mons in usless moves against whimsicott or something usless against a whimsicott partner, also nobody likes being locked in a boost move, SR, or a Status move in general. Taunt is used to Stall-Break better, and can be used to stop Set-Up sweepers before they Set-Up. Memento is awesome to Support ur own Set-Up sweepers, because nothing(excpet Bisharp and Serperior) like to be with a -2 Spa/Atk, alongside with Stun Spore and Encore/Taunt ur Set-up Sweeper will have a really good time seting-up, Tailwind can be used to buff the speed of your team and make the work of late game cleanners become easier. Sash is Used to guarantee that Cott can use at last two moves, and it's the prefer item when using Memento

Good Teammates: Set-Up Sweepers really appreciate the Momentum that Whimsicott gives, Some of them Have trouble trying to set-up, but with Cott they can do it easily, some examples are Cloyster, Mega Diancie, Mega Absol, Gorebyss(smashpass), Smergle(Geopass/Smash Pass), and Several Others. Heatran can take FIre, Ice, Steel, Poison and Flying Moves, while Whimsicott can take Water, Fighting and Ground, so they make a really good defensive core, Some Wallbrakers like Mega Camerupt and Crawdant also apreciate Cott Support, becuase they are Frail and like the ability to free Hit/Set-Up a mon in a Switch.

What Counters it: Whmsicott is very versatile, almost nobody likes to switch into a Stun Spore/Taunt/Memento, but Magic Bouncers can easily counter him, Bulky Grasses types also will Give You a lot of Trouble and Almost Any Poison Type in the meta will offer dangerous to Whimsicott.

Any Additional : Whimsicott is very versatil, and the combinations are very numerous, and every move have it's niche. Leftovers can be used to make whimsicott a better Physical Wall, and Leech Seed is an awesome move to use in predict switches, but isn't that good alongside with this sash set, since nobody will stay in the Pokemon you will bring(because of the Stats Drops), also you can use an offense move to deal with Magic bouncers.
Just a few more things about the post (sorry for the constant recommendations, I wanted to avoid bombarding you with requests)
  • Please fix the font size; it's still too big. I know fixing the spelling and grammar may take you some time, but the font thing should be a quick fix.
  • I'd remove Heatran as a good teammate. Sash Whimsicott is not meant to switch into attacks, so there's no point in worrying about its defensive synergy
  • Sash sets usually run Taunt over Stun Spore simply because having both Taunt and Encore tend to be necessary. Stun Spore is used more for defensive sets
  • The additional info section has a lot of info that doesn't really pertain to the sash set, such as the item options and Leech Seed. It just seems like unnecessary extra info that should be saved for a different write-up altogether.

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus

Serperior @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Giga Drain

What it Does: Serperior is an incredibly threatening pokemon in OU. With a powerful Contrary Leaf Storm, Serperior can blow past many of it's resists with repeated hits. Additionally, with a great 113 base Speed, Serperior can outspeed the crowded base 110 tier. Unfortunately, Serperior suffers from a poor typing, both offensively and defensively, as well as a shallow movepool, which causes Serp to be walled by something no matter what it runs. Serperior is also quite weak without a Leaf Storm boost, which lets it's checks come in fairly easily. Leaf Storm is the only reason to use Serperior, and gives it a 2x SpA boost whenever used. This enables Serperior to spam its most powerful move with next to zero drawbacks, the only one being its imperfect accuracy. Dragon Pulse lets Serp nail the Lati twins along with other Grass resists such as Charizard X and Y and Talonflame. There are two choices for the third slot: Hidden Power Fire lets Serp get past Ferrothorn and Skarmory, while Hidden Power Ground blows past Heatran. Giga Drain gives Serperior a form of recovery and counteracts LO recoil.

Good Teammates: Depending on it's Hidden Power, different mons are good teammates with Serperior. Serperior needs a Heatran check or a Ferrothorn check when using HP Fire or HP Ground, respectively. Charizard-Y appreciates Serperior's ability to remove Heatran and the Latis, while Zard can get rid of Ferrothorn for Serp. Anything that appreciates bulky cores being gone benefits from Serperior's presence, so set-up sweepers are a good bet. Raikou, Rotom-W and Mega Manectric can all bring in Serperior via Volt Switch, and can get rid of Skarmory, a counter if not running HP Fire, as well as Tornadus-T.

What Counters It: Serperior has no true counters, as they can all be blown past with boosts and a potential HP Fire/Ground, but has numerous checks. If running HP Fire, Heatran walls it, but if running HP Ground, Ferrothorn and SpD Skarmory do. AV Torn-T is a great check, but can be pressured with other special attackers. Talonflame and Charizard-Y check Serperior pretty well, but are hurt by a Stealth Rock weakness.

Any Additional Info: Serperior can run Leftovers for passive recovery, but it is much less threatening. Spam Leaf Storm as much as possible, as Serperior is weak without a boost.
Just a few minor thing, but HP Ground really isn't great because Heatran isn't that hard to wear down as it lacks recovery outside of Leftovers, and if Heatran is at 40~% it loses to two consecutive Leaf Storms. Probably just give it a mention? Also Glare and Taunt should probably get mentions as well because Glare is nice to surprise incoming Heatran, Talonflame, Tornadus-T, Mega Venusaur, and Mega Charizard Y and Taunt just kind of aids stallbreaking and destroys bulky Pokemon such as Chansey and Clefable, especially Unaware variants. Knock Off is cool to cripple Heatran as well. Probably mention stuff like Earthquake Latios, Apicot Berry Jirachi, Earthquake Mega Charizard Y, Knock Off Clefable to cripple Heatran in teammates section as well.

Just a few minor thing, but HP Ground really isn't great because Heatran isn't that hard to wear down as it lacks recovery outside of Leftovers, and if Heatran is at 40~% it loses to two consecutive Leaf Storms. Probably just give it a mention? Also Glare and Taunt should probably get mentions as well because Glare is nice to surprise incoming Heatran, Talonflame, Tornadus-T, Mega Venusaur, and Mega Charizard Y and Taunt just kind of aids stallbreaking and destroys bulky Pokemon such as Chansey and Clefable, especially Unaware variants. Knock Off is cool to cripple Heatran as well. Probably mention stuff like Earthquake Latios, Apicot Berry Jirachi, Earthquake Mega Charizard Y, Knock Off Clefable to cripple Heatran in teammates section as well.
I'm going to keep HP Ground slashed because some teams struggle with Tran more than others, so if your team already has a way to deal with Ferro HP Fire isn't needed. They're both relatively easy to deal with but since you can customize Serp to your team's needs I think either HP is fine. Added everything else

Kutscher I've taken the liberty of going through your spelling and grammar, primarily because it allows you to focus on the core article which is most important and just to save you a lot of time, and help you out a bit with your English. (n.b. I've changed a couple of words - eg "Taunt allows it to Stall-break better" became "Taunt allows it to Stall-break effectively" - purely for semantic reasons, but the majority of the write-up is in your words still) Let me make it clear right now that I'm not a spelling / grammar -checking monkey and I will not do this for every write up, and it's fairly likely I've missed a few errors because I'm human (advance warning, I'm British so British English may have sneaked in, apologies if so). I'm also doing it on the strict condition you read it and learn from it - I hope this helps you out a bit with your future write-ups.

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Bold Nature
- Taunt/Stun Spore
- Encore
- Memento
-Tailwind

What It Does: The main reason to use Whimsicott is because he has the ability to annoy both offensive and defensive mons with Prankster + his awesome movepool. Stun Spore is used to stop fast Sweepers, and works on Ground Types too, encore can lock mons in useless moves against Whimsicott or something useless against a Whimsicott partner. Also, nobody likes being locked in a boosting move, SR, or a status move in general. Taunt is used to Stall-break effectively, and can be used to stop set-up Sweepers before they set up. Memento is awesome to support your own set-up sweepers, because nothing(except Bisharp and Serperior) like to be with a -2 Special Attack/Attack, alongside Stun Spore and Encore/Taunt, your set-up Sweeper will have a really easy time setting up. Tailwind can be used to buff the speed of your team and make the job of late game cleaners easier. Sash is used to guarantee that Whimsicott can use at last two moves.

Good Teammates: Set-up Sweepers really appreciate the momentum that Whimsicott gives; some of them have trouble trying to set-up, but with Whimsicott's support they can do so easily. Some examples are Cloyster, Mega Diancie, Mega Absol, Gorebyss(SmashPass), Smergle(GeoPass/SmashPass), and several others. Some Wallbreakers, like Mega Camerupt and Crawdaunt, also appreciate Whimsicott Support, because they are frail and appreciate the ability to freely hit or set up on a mon on a predicted switch.

What Counters It: Whimsicott is very versatile, almost nobody likes to switch into a Stun Spore/Taunt/Memento, but Magic Bouncers(for example Mega Sableye and Mega Diancie) can easily counter him, Bulky Grass Types also will give you a lot of trouble and almost any Poison Type in the meta will be dangerous to Whimsicott.

Any Additional Info: You can use Moonblast/Giga Drain/U-turn to deal with Magic Bouncers, such as Mega Sableye and Mega Diancie.
(Examples of Magic Bouncers are important; new players possibly won't know. Sanger Zonvolt correct me if I'm being nitpicky)
  • Incidentally, try not to use both Cott and Whimsicott (or any mon's name and an abbreviation of that name) in the same write-up, purely for the sake of consistency and ease of understanding. Maybe I'm nitpicking, but I think it's important.
  • Also, I got rid of the sentence saying something like "Focus Sash is the best item to use with Memento" because it seemed irrelevant to me(Focus Sash is the only item you've listed on the set at the top), but it can be re-added if you like.
  • "Bulky Grass Types will give you a lot of trouble" - why is this? I have never used Whimsicott and I honestly don't know what you're implying here other than Stun Spore failing(although you'd ideally want a different status, like Burn, for these anyway), so could that be clarified?
  • It's probably(maybe?) worth mentioning in "What Counters It" that Taunt completely shuts this down, assuming you don't get Taunt off first. (I have 0 experience with Whimsicott, so I don't know how legitimate this point is... just a thought I had)
  • Hazards like Stealth Rock break the Sash - this is important. Therefore I think you should mention this, and that as a result Wish users are great partners to reinstate the Sash. Though again, I have no experience, I'm just putting thoughts down as they come to me while I have a comment, hoping they'll be useful.
  • I may have missed some mistakes. Or corrected something incorrectly.
  • I will not do this again, so make the most of it.
  • I hope this helped.

Reserving Thundurus-T.
Am I permitted to write up both the Choice Scarf and the Double Dance sets?

EDIT: Yolo, did 'em both. Inform me if there are any improvements to be made (which I guarantee there are, first write-up and whatnot).

Double Dance Thundurus-T

Thundurus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
  • Nasty Plot
  • Agility
  • Thunderbolt / Thunder
  • Hidden Power Ice / Grass Knot
Role: Special Sweeper

What It Does: With a brilliant base 145 Sp. Atk and good base 101 Speed, Thundurus-T provides a rather threatening presence. As an Electric-type, it cannot be paralyzed, and as a Special Attacker, it does not particularly worry about being burned. At max speed with Timid nature it outspeeds targets such as Modest Keldeo. As expected its dual dances are Nasty Plot and Agility, and Thunderbolt is its go-to STAB move. What you run in the last slot depends on how your team functions with Thundurus-T. Hidden Power Ice offers great coverage combined with Thunderbolt, but has a low base power of 60. Grass Knot topples many of the heavier threats to Thundurus, including Hippowdon, Mamoswine, and Tyranitar.

Good Teammates: Something to remove Stealth Rock is a good option, as Thundurus-T doesn’t appreciate losing 25% of its health before it even has the chance to set up. If Thundurus-T is being used on a rain team for its powerful Thunder, Politoed is a must. Politoed also lures in Electric-type moves, which Thundurus-T can switch into and absorb, healing itself (or negating Stealth Rock damage if they are present).

What Counters It: Mamoswine is a particularly large threat, considering Thundurus-T struggles to harm it unless running Grass Knot, and hurts a lot with Icicle Crash (or can pick off a weakened Thundurus-T with Ice Shard). Additionally, Thundurus-T’s physical bulk of 79/70 is generally easily broken through.

Scarfed Thundurus-T

Thundurus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 8 HP / 248 Spe
Modest Nature
  • Thunderbolt
  • Hidden Power Flying / Hidden Power Ice
  • Focus Blast / Flash Cannon / Psychic
  • Volt Switch
Role: Pivot

What It Does: Scarfed Thundurus-T can be considered the special equivalent to Scarfed Landorus-T; both can carry a pivoting move (U-Turn for Landorus, Volt Switch for Thundurus), both have a high-powered, reliable STAB, but lack reliable Flying STAB, and both hit very, very hard. While not as good a pivot as Landorus-T (which has Intimidate to weaken physical attackers, allowing it to force switches more often), Thundurus-T is still threatening scarfed. With 248 Speed EVs, it reaches a total of 450 Speed factoring in Choice Scarf, while its Special Attack reaches a huge 427 with Modest Nature. The 8 HP EVs bring Thundurus' HP to 301, allowing it to survive three Seismic Tosses from Chansey. As usual, Thunderbolt is the most reliable STAB (unless being used on a rain team, where Thunder is an alternative). Hidden Power Flying can be used if one desires a Flying STAB move, but Hidden Power Ice provides good coverage, and Flash Cannon deals with Mamoswine (an otherwise huge threat to Thundurus), Diancie, and Clefable, though Psychic may be a better option for Mega Venusaur and Amoonguss, who Thundurus struggles with. Focus Blast, on the other hand, handles Tyranitar and Steel-types such as Ferrothorn and Heatran.

Good Teammates: Thundurus-T greatly appreciates hazard support as well as Rapid Spin or Defog support - the former makes finishing off weakened targets easier while the latter allows Thundurus to switch in more often to pivot, as it doesn’t like hazards on its side.

What Counters It: Many Ground types (Excadrill comes to mind) can be threats to Thundurus-T, as its physical bulk is low and it is weak to the Rock Slide or Stone Edge that many Ground-types have, while only being able to fire back Hidden Power Ice, which Excadrill takes neutrally thanks to its Steel type.
Maybe you could add revenge killer as one of the roles because of it's great movepool and amazing special attack stat.

Okay then, so I heard we're doing revamps. If anybody's gonna take my own write-ups for a revamp, then gladly take it. As seen from DarkNostalgia's post, I have Utility Mega Sableye and Serperior there so far so feel free to do those guys. I haven't known the ins of OU for so long I can't keep track.

Happy writing guys!

Yeah, in order for Serp to deal with Goodra it needs to it something else with a Leaf Storm, predict the switch and hit both Dragon Pulses, with SR. That's a pretty strict scenario.

Could I do 2 Hoopa-Alt sets for Mixed Sweeper/Wallbreaker and the Rkiller/LGCleaner section?
Go for it

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't AV Goodra counter Serperior? Not the most common mon, but it does its job.
You're technically right, though I'd imagine most of the write-ups in this thread are missing at least 1 or 2 checks/counters since these are usually less comprehensive than dex write-ups. Considering the write-up in the dex doesn't mention it either, it's probably not the end of the world if it doesn't get a mention, but if Anduril wants to edit it in I won't object either.

Hoopa-Alt @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magician
EVs: 96 Atk / 204 SpA / 208 Spe***
Naive Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Focus Blast / Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot / Ice Punch
- Psychic / Zen Headbutt

Role: Revenge Killer / Late Game Cleaner

What it Does: Hoopa-Alt, more commonly know as Hoopa Unbound is an extremely threatening Pokemon. With 160/170 Offenses it's incredibly difficult to Wall. Additionally, with a great 130 base Special Defense, Hoopa-Alt can tank some of the most powerful, non-Super Effective hits, such as Life Orb Latios's Draco Meteor with uninvested bulk. To top that off it has an incredibly diverse movepool containing gems such as the elemental punches, Gunk Shot, and its own signature move Hyperspace Fury. Unfortunately, Hoopa-Alt suffers from a resistless typing, meaning every move used against it will either hit for neutral damage or Super Effectively. Hoopa-Alt is also plagued with a low Defensive stat of 60 meaning it can't come in on most physical attacks more than once. To make matters worse it sadly has a low Speed Stat of 80 meaning it won't get anywhere fast enough. With a Choice Scarf however hoop-Alt gains a threatening amount of speed giving it the ability to revenge kill a large portion of the Metagame rather easily or to clean up what's left of the opposition late game.

Good Teammates: Teammates that can take on bulky Fariy-types such as Mega Scizor or Mega Metagross are great additions. Hoopa-Alt really appreciates Tank Garchomp and Ferrothorn however, as they can punish U-Turners that seek to easily dispatch Hoopa-Alt. Alternatively anthing that can take Bug-type moves are also appreciated. Wallbreakers like Mega Medicham and Mega Charizard X appreciate Hoopa-Alt as it can clean up the scraps of the opposition.

What Counters It: Hoopa-Alt has no true counters, but numerous checks. It's checks consist of Physical Attackers that have enough bulk to take a hit from it or speedy enough to outrun and hit it first. It is incredibly hard to Wall Hoopa-Alt due to its high offenses and vast movepool, but without a boosting item Physically Defensive Mega Sableye, Chansey (if not running Max Attack Drain Punch), Suicine, and Mandibuzz are examples of what can succesfully Wall Choice Scarf Hoopa.

***The EV Spread Details***
*96 Atk EV's guarantee the OHKO on uninvested Mega Altaria and subsequently most Azumarill variants with Gunk Shot after Stealth Rocks. This also gives great chances of OHKOing Mega Metagross and other bulky Psychic-types with Hyperspace Fury.

*208 Spe EV's allows Hoopa-Alt to outrun base 135's. Max Speed investment isn't recommended as it doesn't outrun anything important between the 135-145 Speed Tier. Max Speed investment is also single point below base 145's.

*The 204 SpA EV's allow Hoopa-Alt to have about a great chance of 2HKOing Tanks like Garchomp and Hippowdon with Psychic while subsequently having a large chance of OHKOing Offensive Mega Venusaur

Last edited:

Hoopa-Alt @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 96 Atk / 204 SpA / 208 Spe (Customizable)
Naive Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Focus Blast / Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot / Ice Punch
- Psychic / Zen Headbutt

Role: Revenge Killer / Late Game Cleaner

What it Does: Hoopa-Alt, more commonly know as Hoopa Unbound is an extremely threatening Pokemon. With 160/170 Offenses it's incredibly difficult to Wall. Additionally, with a great 130 base Special Defense, Hoopa-Alt can tank some of the most powerful, non-Super Effective hits, such as Life Orb Latios's Draco Meteor with uninvested bulk. To top that off it has an incredibly diverse movepool containing gems such as the elemental punches, Gunk Shot, and its own signature move Hyperspace Fury. Unfortunately, Hoopa-Alt suffers from a resistless typing, meaning every move used against it will either hit for neutral damage or Super Effectively. Hoopa-Alt is also plagued with a low Defensive stat of 60 meaning it can't come in on most physical attacks more than once. To make matters worse it sadly has a low Speed Stat of 80 meaning it won't get anywhere fast enough. With a Choice Scarf however hoop-Alt gains a threatening amount of speed giving it the ability to revenge kill a large portion of the Metagame rather easily or to clean up what's left of the opposition late game.

Good Teammates: Teammates that can take on bulky Fariy-types such as Mega Scizor or Mega Metagross are great additions. Hoopa-Alt really appreciates Tank Garchomp and Ferrothorn however, as they can punish U-Turners that seek to easily dispatch Hoopa-Alt. Alternatively anthing that can take Bug-type moves are also appreciated. Wallbreakers like Mega Medicham and Mega Charizard X appreciate Hoopa-Alt as it can clean up the scraps of the opposition.

What Counters It: Hoopa-Alt has no true counters, but numerous checks. It's checks consist of Physical Attackers that have enough bulk to take a hit from it or speedy enough to outrun and hit it first. It is incredibly hard to Wall Hoopa-Alt due to its high offenses and vast movepool, but without a boosting item Physically Defensive Mega Sableye, Chansey (if not running Max Attack Drain Punch), Suicine, and Mandibuzz are examples of what can succesfully Wall Choice Scarf Hoopa.

Any Additional Info: A Hasty nature could be used, but Naive is the superior option as the decrease in Special bulk doesn't make certain KO's easier to achieve.

Doesn't Hoopa-Alt look incredibly evil?
I know that the EVs can vary, but I'd at least explain the spread you provide just so newer users know why you picked them and what could be changed.

Hoopa-Alt @ Life Orb
EVs: 116 Atk / 160 SpA / 232 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Focus Blast*
- Gunk Shot / Substitute
- Psychic / Zen Headbutt

Role: Mixed Wallbreaker

What it Does: Hoopa-Alt is a fantastic Wallbreaker. It's diverse movepool and insane attacking Stats give it the ability to break through most Walls rather easily. Wallbreaker Hoopa-Alt is best used early game as forces tons of switches, and most switchins are eaily 2HKOed by Hoopa-Alt's STABS. It's quite recommended to use Hoopa-Alt cautiosly. Despite its great power it has depressingly low Physical Bulk meaning most neutral hits can end it after factoring Life Orb recoil. Despite that flaw it can quite easily get the job done.

Good Teammates: Sweepers like Mega Lopunny, Mega Sceptile, and Mega Manectric that appreciate Walls destroyed are great partners for Hoopa-Alt. Other Wallbreakers such as Mega Medicham, Keldeo, and Azumarill work well together with Hoopa-Alt in forming a Wallbreaking duo.

What Counters It: Hoopa-Alt has no true counters, but numerous checks. With the Wallbreaking set however its true power is quite frightening as it becomes Un-Wallable. It can break past all the Walls in the OU Metagame, but only if it has the right move. If lacking Focus Blast Skarmory, Mega Scizor, Mega Sableye and Mega Aggron are options. Faster, decently powerful Physical Attackers can quite easily dispatch it before it can do much. U-Turn users are hard checks to Hoopa-Alt as it'll hit it extremely hard and more often than not KO it.

Any Additional Info: Focus Blast is the superior option towards Drain Punch because with Focus Blast you can blast your way through Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Mega Aggron, and Mega Scizor. Fire Punch could be used but again Focus Blast has superior coverage. Substitute could be used to gain a bit of leeway when Wallbreaking, but it loses out on a previous moveslot.

***The EV Spread Details***
*232 Spe allows Hoopa-Alt to outpace Max Speed Heatran
*116 Atk allows Hoopa-Alt to at most 2HKO those hit SEffectively by Hyperspace Fury and Gunk Shot, while also being able to 2HKO most Special Walls that can take a Focus Blast or Psychic.
*160 SpA allows Hoopa-Alt to at most 2HKO those hit SEffectively by Psychic and Focus Blast, while alos being able to 2HKO most Physical walls that can take a Hyperspace Fury or Gunk Shot.
*Together with the combined investment in the Offensive Stats Hoopa-Alt can effectively OHKO or 2HKO the entire OU Metagame.

Last edited:

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
K

But I'd like to know what others have to say. Hasty makes you even more susceptible to physical attacks that you COULD survive, but a Hasty nature dashes that. With Naive sure they may get a little more damage, but that doesn't mean you still can't switch into Specs Keldeo's Hydro Pump quite easily of course discounting prior damage. Hasty again actually lowers that chance of surviving that random EQ.

I find the little physical bulk it does have too precious to waste.
Said little physical bulk becomes completely compromised the moment you use Hyperspace Fury.

Unless you can find some important calcs that you live (I doubt it when uninvested Garchomp OHKOs after Rocks and LO recoil, the latter of which compromises you bulk even more), I don't see why it would be worth it. We should be min-maxing, not max-mining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)