Krookodile @ Expert Belt / Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Aerial Ace
- Pursuit / Taunt

Physically defensive Chesnaught is usually considered one of the safest switchins to Krookodile, but this set turns the tables. Here's how it works. Chesnaught switches in on your Krookodile's Knock Off, losing its Leftovers in the process. The switch is obvious, so your opponent decides to go for a safe Spike, only to have Chesnaught 2HKO'd by Aerial Ace. Of course, Chesnaught can destroy Krookodile with a Drain Punch or Wood Hammer, but if your team has a resist like Celebi, Whimsicott, or Trevenant, your opponent is very likely to go for Spikes.

If you're not feeling quite as adventurous, switch out after knocking off Chesnaught's Leftovers the first time. The next time you bring out Krookodile, click Aerial Ace and nail Chesnaught on the switch, avoiding any possibility of your Krook getting bopped.

Aerial Ace also allows Krookodile to OHKO most Virizion on the switch, as well as hit Whimsicott for significantly more damage than either STAB move. (Aerial Ace also OHKO's Heracross, so don't forget this set if the big beetle ever drops down to UU again.)

252 Atk Expert Belt Krookodile Aerial Ace vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 187-221 (49.2 - 58.1%) -- 59% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Krookodile Aerial Ace vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 203-239 (53.4 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

tbh Hikari's Krookodile is the most applicable out of all the submissions. Taunt + Bulk Up is very hard to pull off unless your name is King UU and is somewhat unfeasible in this metagame. SubToxic gives shit like Suicune free set-up turns (and even more so with this). Aerial Ace Krook is meh against Chesnaught. The optimal set imo would be EBelt to fake Choice Band, and if EBelt Aerial ace can't guarantee a 2HKO, I fail to see the merit of this set (It's not even a 2/3 chance of KOing). Out of all of the submissions, SubTorment Krook gives its typical switchins the most trouble. However, SubTorment loses to Suicune Variants with Ice Beam and Chesnaughts that somehow run both grass and fighting STAB. Even though SubTorment is the most applicable, it's still somewhat bad due to the shitton of weaknesses Krookodile has.

I guess I'll kick this thing off.

Alakazam @ Salac Berry
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature / Timid
IVs: 0 Atk
- Endure
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball

So this thing acts as a super late game cleaner. Click endure on a predicted u-turn or other move that would kill you, and proceed to sweep if the opponent has no priority left. It hits harder than you would expect it to with a Modest nature, but Timid can be run if you want to avoid the speed tie with scarfed Mienshao or outspeed scarfape and scarfkou. With this coverage, it can take out the opponent's team once it has been weakened enough. This would fit well on a spikestacking team, because spikes enable it to take out so many things it usually can not. The EVs are standard, all that matters is that you have max speed and spattack, because you will be at low hp most of the time you are using this set anyway. yeah that's basically it

Last edited:

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball

Encore Sash Alakazam is a pretty cool variation on the standard 4 attacks set, as Encore lets it get past some things that it usually couldn't deal with. If you predict the opponent to use sucker punch, which your opponent may try to do with something like Honchkrow or Toxicroak in order to break your sash, you can encore them and PP stall them out of all of their sucker punches (magic bounce bounces encore though unfortunately (rude mega absol)). It is also pretty cool if you switch in on a predicted status move or on the opponent setting up (Substitute, Swords Dance, Nasty Plot etc.). Other than that this performs like the typical 4 attacks Alakazam revenge killing opponents w/ its sash and good coverage.

Ok let's try something !

Alakazam @ Leftovers/LifeOrb
Timid Nature
- Disable
- Substitute
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic

This is a set inspired by the Gengar@SubDisable set in BW. When you have a free turn , you just hide behind a Substitute , use an offensive move , and then use Disable. This set is good against SpecialWalls who use only one attack move , like Umbreon , Blissey , Vapoeron (If he don't run IceBeam) etc , and even Scarfers (unless they have U-Turn) if you have a Substitue to hide behind. Next turn they won't be able to use their attack move .
So you can get an another free sub , or safely switch to your next Pokemon. But Disable is effective against Pokemon with 2 or more attack move , cause they will have to fight maybe without their main move for the next 2-5 turns. This set will be even more effective with hazards like , Toxic Spikes , Spikes , Stealth Rocks , as he can force a lot of switches . Psychic and Dazzling for the coverage , nothing special about this. The EV Spread is standard too .

Last edited:

Vapo

water me
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Your team was rejected for the following reasons: - Alakazam can't learn Counter because it's incompatible with its ability or another move.

>mfw

After I got over not being able to use Magic Guard + Counter Alakazam (which would've been the goat set tbh imo iirc) I decided to try out a set that swept me back in BW OU.

Bulky Setup Sweeper Mega Alakazam

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Barrier
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock

Mega Alakazam, with its naturally high speed and special attack and solid movepool, makes for a surprisingly threatening bulky setup sweeper. The EV spread allows Mega Alakazam to outspeed everything up to jolly Mega Beedrill (which is becoming more popular to outspeed modest Mega Alakazam). The rest is invested into HP and physical defense to maximize bulk. Even without special attack investment, Mega Alakazam hits 386 SpA, higher than a fully invested neutral nature regular Alakazam, so it still hits like a truck. The EV spread also allows Mega Alakazam to survive a u-turn from Mienshao 100% of the time, and a u-turn from Darmanitam 68.7% of the time, so it's not the frailest thing out there. The idea of the set is to wait for your opponent's dark type pokemon to get taken out before setting up and sweeping (pairing Mega Alakazam with a mon like Lucario works well from my experience). After a boost or two, not much stops this monster from plowing through the opposing team.

The set in action: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-198200349
(Wasn't the most competitive match, but it gives you an idea of how the set can be supported and used effectively)

aight well now that i remembered about this i guess we'll resume!

you cant see it cause of all the shit that happened a few days back but Vaporeon for Ubers won the megazam round, and our next subject is kyurem! (nothing fancy this time because im tired :(! )

EDIT: Well, uh, since no one has replied to this since I posted it, I'm just gonna go ahead and post the set I was thinking of.

Kyurem @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 40 SpA / 216 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Outrage
- Iron Head
- Dragon Claw / Zen Headbutt
- Draco Meteor / Ice Beam

Kyurem is a Dragon-type with access to Outrage. Kyurem has base 130 Attack. Do you see where I'm going with this? Unfortunately, that's almost where it ends. Kyurem's physical movepool is ABYSMAL. Hence, Dragon Claw / Zen Headbutt and Draco Meteor. However, the power of Outrage is not to be underestimated. To put this into perspective: There are no Pokemon in UU that live two consecutive Outrages with Stealth Rock unless they either resist it or are outright immune to it. Not Cresselia, not Porygon2, not CroCune.

Now, the two categories that CAN weather Outrage: Steel-types and Fairy-types. Unfortunately, there's jack-all you can do to Steel-types. If this were a mixed set (which I'm assuming is completely nonviable for this thread, it's literally Kyurem's best and best-known set), you might be able to swing Earth Power or HP Fire. Unfortunately, it's not. Invest in a Nidoqueen if you're running this set.

Fairies, on the other hand, is why we have Iron Head. There are a grand total of two Fairy-types in UU who can stomach Iron Head after Stealth Rock: Granbull and Mawile, and Granbull STILL has a better-than-not chance of being 2HKO'd after Rocks. Again, invest in a Nidoqueen.

Given Kyurem's truly atrocious movepool (this set lives off how brutally powerful Outrage is), Dragon Claw is there for Dragon STAB that doesn't lock you in for two-to-three turns, and I listed Zen Headbutt because what the fuck else does Kyurem have? Draco Meteor is just silly-powerful, even barely invested, and Ice Beam for coverage?

Alternative spreads can be Hasty with enough speed to outrun neutral-nature base 100s, or you can drop any special moves and run Adamant or Jolly. Unfortunately, this set cannot switch in semi-freely to Scalds like the special sets can because fuck Scald (seriously, TrollFreak, you gave the best defensive typing in the game a move with a 30% chance to cause the second-most common debilitating status for offensive Pokemon), but Kyurem's sick bulk still lets it come in on other Water or Electric attacks with little opportunity cost.

Last edited:

Kyurem @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Def / 160 SpDef
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Dragon Tail / Ice Beam
- Roost

Though its typing is extremely poor for a defensive Pokemon, Bulky SubToxic Kyurem makes the most of its 125/90/90 bulk and Pressure to aid stall teams. The combination of Substitute, Leftovers, and recovery makes it very difficult for an opponent to wear down Kyurem. Toxic is a move that further wears down the opponent, and Dragon Tail helps with stall teams that stack hazards, although Ice Beam can be used with a Calm nature in order to better handle Fairy-types. Speaking of which, the EVs spread is so that Florges, the most common Fairy-type in UU, will not 2HKO a Kyurem at full health, meaning that Moonblast and Heal Bell can be PP stalled with good play and Kyurem can come out on top one-on-one. EVs can be diverted from Defense into Speed or its offenses, but this Kyurem is not designed to hit things hard. Teammates on stall that can handle Poison-, Steel-, and Fairy-type opponents are appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)