XY UU [ORAS UU] - Pixilating (Mega-Altaria Based team)

Hello girls and guys, im playing on PS! for a year or so, have been playing some tiers as OU, LC, Ubers, OMs, but last months I think I finally found a home at UU. XY UU was great for me to grow as a competitive player and I want to become even better now on ORAS. So, here comes my first RMT, with a team I came up, build around the hyped Mega Altaria, and which I think have given some problems to experienced players on ladder and some tours.

So here it is. Im sorry for the poor english: it is not my main language, but if anything seems confused, just leave me a message (:

----

->

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost/Substitute
- Dragon Dance

Mega Altaria. There is not too much to say about this lady, only that after a DD it gives trouble to most teams and after 2 DDs it completely wrecks the meta. Pixilated Return and Earthquake gives this bird neutral coverage against almost anything bar Bronzong/Ferrotress, Roost gives mAltaria reliably recovery but Substitute can be used to avoid status. Tbh I’m not sure what is the best for the spot but it doesn’t matter after mAltaria gets to +2, which it can get ez with the awesome type that Dragon/Fairy is. Still, it has plenty of checks, mostly steel type mons, as Maggron, Bronzong, Forry and ScarfRachi, but as long as I can get rid of those, Altaria can have her way over your team. The EVs are self explanatory and Jolly because I was tired of being outspeed by some mons, since base 80 Spe kind of hurts Altaria.

---

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Since the Diggersby testing, ppl have been talking about how Bronzong checks huge part of the meta, specially Nidos, which I ALWAYS had trouble. In XY UU, I had teams falling to Nidos so many times that I almost quit the tier. Well, that’s not a problem anymore, and I never thought the solution would be so great also in ORAS. Resisting nine types, immune to two, having 116/116 defenses, I think Bronzong is proved as one of the best tankers and rock setters in the tier. It can come in on anything that rely on ground attacks for coverage, setup rocks, and threat what comes in with Gyro Ball, against faster threats, while EQ gives him coverage against opposing steel types and fire types on the switch in. I think EQ is proved to be necessary since the rise of Magnetons on the ladder from ppl trying to trapkill steel types for their own mAltaria to sweep. Toxic is there for anything that I cant kill but I can take, and has proved great as Toxic has always been. 248 HP for maximum leftover recovery, 252 SpD let it tank special hits like a hero while a Relaxed nature is used in order to survive some knock offs that eventually we have to take.

---

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Trick

No secrets. It’s my revenge killer, with a good predict, my switch in for fire types, and my way to cripple walls. I’m having a great time with this mon: Chands Fire Blast really hurts anything that don’t resist it – if I catch a Flash Fire on, maybe not even those. Shadow Ball is second STAB and has a good coverage along with Fire Blast. Energy Ball is there for weakened water types and (M)Swampert. Trick to cripple those special walls that try to switch in. Chandelure have great synergy with mAltaria, taking hits from fairies and taking down steel types that would otherwise give her trouble. As any fire type, SR really hurts it, so I have to play careful, since it can’t afford to be hit more than twice. Maybe I could run Infiltrator over Flash Fire, but it’s the first time I’m using Chandelure on a team, so I don’t really know what is the best for it.

---

Krookodile @ Dread Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

Ok, I think someone posted on the forums that “Krook works great with mAltaria” but lets be honest: Krookodile works great with almost any team. Intimidate gives a lot of ways to switch in and both STABs can punch hard. With Dread Plate, I can bluff a choice locked Krook, which have been working on the ladder, where I almost always will click Pursuit or Knock Off. While Knock Off and EQ is pretty obvious on Krook, I tried this all-out attacker, and I think I really like it. Pursuit has been great, killing any Rachi that try his way over my Fairy, while also punishing anyone that try to switch off. Crobats, Enteis, Darmanitans, Metagross, Mega Aero, ScarfMences: they will all think twice about getting on the field again. Stone Edge is for coverage but I can’t remember the last time I clicked on it. I like the EV spread, nothing new about it, maybe I could run some Spe on it, idk, thoughts?

---

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Def / 64 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell/Baton Pass

After taking a look on the team, it was too weak on the Special side, specially against common water types in the tier, as Mega Blastoise and Suicunes. And after a rain battle I had against goborain teams, I realized I NEEDED Vaporeon on my team. I was using it in XY UU in the last months, it proved to be a great mixed defensive walls and I gotta say it remains great in ORAS. The EVs are Vaporeon standard: 192 HP for maximum leftover recover, 252 Def and the rest on SpD, with a Calm Nature. Scald/Wish/Protect are mandatory, but I’m never really satisfied with the last slot. Heal Bell is used to heal burns and paralyzes that would creep my team, but it makes Vaporeon lose to much momentum, which his slow Baton Pass gives. But then, any status I get will rek me. But well, who doesn’t have 4MSS?

---

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn/Taunt
- Roost
- Defog

The last member to get on this team, as the reliably supporter Crobat has always been. Defogging everything on his way, Roosting his damage off, Brave Birding (almost) everything to death. Crobat really shines on UU, fitting in almost any team archetype, giving necessary utility, maintaining an offensive presence and keeping momentum. 176 Spe to outspeed max speed regular Alakazam and Mega-Zam before megaevolving. 248 HP for rocks and bulky, and the rest on Atk. Regular Crobat, but reliably one.

----

I guess this is it. Bronzong fits perfectly with Crobat – Krookodile – Vaporeon core, which deal with a variety portion of the meta and effectively gives support for Mega Altaria to sweep mid or later game. There are ways against this team: SD/NP Luke, Cunes, NP Togekiss, most of setup mons, Sub CM users, double dancers etc, can punch their way over me, so it usually leads me to a more aggressive playstyle, since I don’t have a phazer or even a taunt user. But I’m having a great time with these guys and would be glad to get this team rated. Thank you all.

hey this team is real good, although its pretty generic. although for krook you definitely want max speed jolly for stuff like roserade sd luke and nidoking, and i think infernape could be a better scarfer over chandelure since it checks volcarona, as well as being able to revenge +1 haxorus if its weakened. this team is exactly a team i made recently except with chand over ape though o.o
edit: you could try running physical defense on zong to check raptor better

Last edited:

r0ady

People like to invent monsters and monstrosities
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
All I have to say is this is a really solid team friend :) (especially since you destroyed me with it the other day :p)

Hey cool team, the only things I can think to change are:

Definitely change Krook to max Speed Jolly like So Dynamic said, offensive Krookodile would much rather be fast than bulky. Also, Stone Edge doesn't hit anything besides Mega Aerodactyl, so you should either run Superpower, which kills Hydreigon and hurts Mega Aero too, or run Taunt which is a great utility move and stops setup, healing, and hazards/hazard clearing. Taunt seems great because SubCoil Zygarde really hurts your team a lot so you can stop it from setting up on you.

Bronzong should probably be physically defensive. The Nidos can't touch it anyway, but physically defensive Zong can take hits way easier from Mega Altaria, DD Zygarde, Staraptor, etc. Again, SubCoil Zygarde is really threatening to this team, so you should consider HP Ice over Toxic, but that's up to you. If you don't want HP Ice, then change Vaporeon's last slot to Ice Beam.

Yup besides that, great looking balance team :]

Solid team Klos, pretty reflective of a majority of Altaria teams in the current meta. Only have a few things to suggest for you.
  • First, I really don't think that EQ is a necessity on Mega Alt especially when you're running it in conjunction with Krook who can trap nearly every single one of Altaria's counters. Also while I'm still on the topic of Altaria, I think that Heal Bell would be a good move to try out on it as that also allows you to escape status like sub while also providing good support for the team overall and doesn't force you to choose between BP and Heal Bell on Vap.
  • On your Krook as others have stated I think that it should definitely be max speed. Without max speed you just lose to too many things that you normally shouldn't.
  • Lastly 200 Speed Crobat is a much better spread, allowing you to outspeed Timid Noivern which is creeping up quite a bit more in a meta with Sub Coil Zygarde running around.
Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Heal Bell / Substitute
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

Krookodile @ Dread Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge/Taunt
- Pursuit

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 4 SpD / 200 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Great team once again, hope I helped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)