Orginality with standard

Hello everyone and welcome to make rate my team this is a team that i came up with after considering what to add to a vaporeon and trevenat core

Merman (Vaporeon) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Protect
- Toxic
Ent (Trevenant) (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Horn Leech
- Curse
- Rest
Manfred (Mamoswine) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Stealth Rock
Vanilluxe's Bane (Alakazam) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
Raptor jesus (Staraptor) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 SPeed
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Double-Edge
- U-turn
Orginality (Rotom-Wash) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SDef
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Ok so yeah standard vaporeon set. ice beam to hit physical dragons and grass types. Scald over surf or hydropump because of accuracy and the burn chance which helps vaporeon wall multiple physical attackers.
I choose protect due to the scouting purposes it provides and synergies well with breaking down pokemon if they have trevenants curse or leech seed on them or vaporeons own toxic on them.toxic is to help wall and wear down the physical attackers vaporeon walls.leftovers are to help it wall other pokes

Although trevenants typing is a burden making it weak to common special attacks like ice beam and shadow ball as well as pursuit weak its good due to being immune to powder moves as well being able to spinblock opponents although this is hardly useful because the only hazard so far on my team is stealth rock but it may later have more hazards on it.although curse cuts your health by 50% the 25% damage a turn will stop any sweeper in their tracks with the loss of just one tree in a forest rather then 2 or 3 of my teamates and if they dont stop mamoswine will be able to take them out with ice shard after all that excess damage. Rest is for instant recovery and in combination with lum berry and harvest makes it bette then any other trevenant set in terms of recovery as lum berry not only removes sleep but any other status condition they try to wear treventant down.leech seed is just for extra recovery that other team members and because i dont have a wish passer this and leftovers is the only my team can gain health back.

Rotom wash was chosen because it synergies well with the rest of the team giving no major weaknesses except grass which is hardly scary considering i have both mamoswine and straptor as well as vaporeons ice beam and rotoms hp ice to maim. I choose assault vest because i stole the set from a lanturn i saw and allows it to function as a much better mixed wall. Discharge was chosen over thunderbolt because of the high paralysis chance which will help mamoswine to revenge kill pokemon. Hydropump because its the only good water type move it gets although it has unreliable accuracy. Volt switch is to gain momentum on the team and could possibly form a volturn with staraptor. Hp ice is to help maim dragons if they're bulky or just need a bit of extra damage on them before mamoswine can kill them.

Mamoswine was chosen because it can act as a excellent revenge killer and can maim heatran a pokemon extremely present in the current pokebank battles i find on showdown. Earthquake was chosen as ground type is a great stab being able to maim the omnipresent steel types. Ice shard was chosen as it needs it if its going up against a faster dragon type. But if the dragon its going against is slow and bulky mamoswine can use icicle crash with its increased power and the added flinch bonus is a boon allowing it to stop pokemon it hasnt killed from attacking.stealth rock was put in their as i believe with things like talonflame charizard and volcorona running around in the metagame you need stealthrocks on a team to damage them before either of you attack. Choice band was put on him to help him achieve his role as revenge killer

Alakazam was chosen because with psyshock it is essentially a mixed attacker.i put life orb on it because with mamoswine i thought it needed extra raw power rather then a focus sash.shadow ball was chosen to hurt other psychics as well as ghost types for super effective.Focus blast is to maim any tyranitars or terrakions or lesser seen bisharps.psyshock is to get stab as well as to not easily be walled by special walls dazzling gleam is just for filler and to surprise any lead sablyeye(i did this in a match and then the guy ragequit) as well as dragons and goodras.with this moveset alakazam has unresisted coverage from the ghost and fairy combo ad well as the fighting ghost combo.

Staraptor was chosen as with reckless and choice band hes sure to put a few holes in a team before he goes down.another reason i picked him was because he is a better talonflame in my opinion and talonflame is being used the most of all pokemon.all talonflame has other staraptor is priotiy flying moves.what starptor has is only 25% not 50% per switch in on stealth rocks close combat and in my opinion a better ability. Brave bird and doubledge are for stab both are boosted by reckless making them even more powerful. close combat is simply for the coverage it provides allowing it to destroy any steel or rock types that dare to switch into staraptor expecting a brave bird or double edge. u turn is their for momentum grabbing possibly switching into mamoswine to then kill a weakened pokemon

thank you for reading this lengthy rmt and all suggestions are welcome

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)