[OU 5 Gen] Scrafty Reigns !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, this is my second team scrafty (the ubiquitous xD).
I helped them to understand my weaknesses and what I could replace: D

Blaziken (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Protect
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
This is the classic baton passer Blaziken.
Without him the team would not hold up, he does protect the first to gain a boost in speed (or do directly sword dance). However, after finishing this, I pass the statistics to scrafty or Salamence

Zuruzukin (Scrafty) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch
scrafty here. I have changed its nature from jolly to Adamant, because this takes the speed of Blaziken... the coverage now you know: D. he does not need hi jump kick, he goes so well with drain punch I'm much better, because it can always recover ..

Salamence (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
- Fire Fang
there is not anything to say about this dragon, the coverage seems quite good, also I gave lum berry to address the problem of status. I also cover moves from the ground (in fact I do baton pass when the earth moves aimed at Blaziken)

Shandera (Chandelure) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Overheat
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
This is the same as last time, the main change is in the HP, it is the hidden power of ice

Whimsicott (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Encore
- Toxic
I put toxic instead of taunt

Azumarill (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Return
- Superpower

here, he's back in the team. Hige skills power + choice band is very powerful. does get to 637 about the attack (perhaps more). In addition, he has access to a move of priority: water jet, which makes it a very powerful revenge killer. Superpower hurts a bit at all, waterfall STAB move that may falter.

PS:
have a little more patience. this is a team who completes and I will use until I have time to waste to build another team.
So I want to make it as functional as possible synergistic

well, this is my second team scrafty (the ubiquitous xD).
I helped them to understand my weaknesses and what I could replace: D

Hey sidiu95,
Nice structure of the team, but having Volcarona as your lead?
Volcarona is good for the late sweep once all the hazard pokemon are finished off. You already have Chandelure as your fire poke. To give your team more of an edge.. maybe switch Volcarona with Scizor. Scizor is bug/steel excellent coverage and massive attack with decent speed.
Hmmm, Chandelure with Shadow Tag is banned from ou. Unless you want to convert this team into dream world lol.
Overall this team can go far ha

hey-Cri,
first of all I want to thank you for the compliments to the team ^ ^ I also groped to remove shadow tag and put flash fire, so I could cover Scizor (if I put it in place of volcarona) ... I'm undecided

PS: sorry for my bad english but I'm Italian xD

Whimsicott needs Protect to survive, otherwise Substitute and Leech Seed would deplete his health over time.

Actually, Volcarona can function quite well as an attacking lead. Since most don't expect it, It can usually get at least 1 Quiver Dance up and start wrecking things before it dies. Of course, there are more efficient ways to utilize Volcarona but I have encountered a lead Volcarona which nearly swept half my team before I realized I had Heatran... >.>

Actually, Volcarona can function quite well as an attacking lead. Since most don't expect it, It can usually get at least 1 Quiver Dance up and start wrecking things before it dies. Of course, there are more efficient ways to utilize Volcarona but I have encountered a lead Volcarona which nearly swept half my team before I realized I had Heatran... >.>
I don't really understand all of this "lead" talk since you choose it after you've seen your opponents team so urugamosu is not the lead all the time.

Nice Team although i would go for hidden power fighting over rock seing as it hits baloon heatran and gives you better coverage overall.

Next up is taunt > cotton guard on whimsicott seing as it wants to shut things down and act as a team player and not a set up poke. Regarding Min Min's comment with 0 HP Investment whimsicott has 261 HP which is going to restore a lot from leech seed so protect is not needed. Taunt also helps you against opposing whimsicott. I suggest a calm 252 DEF 252 SP DEF 6 SPEED EV spread which gives you max leech seed recovery slightly more speed over opposing whimsicott etc.

While electross is bulky Zapdos does a better job at a specially bulky electric type however you are lacking SR and with many fire resists and fighting absorber in shadera a specially defensive natoorei shpuld do the job. You also lack SR and spikes.

Natoorei @ Leftovers
Careful/Sassy 252 HP 240 SP DEF 16 ATK
Power Whip/Gyro Ball
Stealth Rock
Spikes
Thunder Wave/ Power Whip Gyro Ball

Remember not to use gyro ball + thunderwave.

Hope this helps ^_^.

Sigh. You can't keep making brand new teams and posting them here when your other team is still on the first page. You didn't even wait 2 days to post your second RMT, and worse yet you're still keeping the other one active. Choose one to stay alive and let the other die.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I love using Volcarona, but since it will be boosting and it is decently bulky, you should use this set instead.

Urugamosu (Volcarona) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 216 HP / 40 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Rock]

40 ensures that an unboosted fiery dance OHKOs 252/252 Nattorei. Timid should be run due to the decent 100 base speed that needs as much as it can get. If you switch in Volc to a Nattorei for some reason Nattorei always tries to TWave, not switch. This way, you can have a decent speed and have a good chance to get that +1 boost from Fiery Dance.

This is the set I use, so try it out and see if it works.

On the eel, since Coil boosts defense, you may want to try 252 SpDef EVs, that way you are able to survive both physical and special decently well.

It's no problem mate, we're a community, and we help each other

Minor Things

Now, your Garchomp is running a banded set with both Outrage and Dragon Claw, honestly, I rather oppose that. So, in turn, I'll give you two options: One: you should replace either Outrage or Dragon Claw (I think Dragon Claw) with Stone Edge from increased Super Effective coverage. After all, you're stuck into the move anyways due to Choice Band. The second option, and IMO, the more preferred option, is to remove the Choice Band and Outrage, and run a Swords Dance set. It's really easy to utilize, you switch in on a pokemon you threaten, setup Swords Dance, and sweep at a much better position of +2 attack instead of +1, and have the ability to switch between 3 moves that provide perfect coverage. Btw, Garchomp isn't "bad" it's "badass", it's probably just the way you're using it.

Okay, on your Volcarona, I'd recommend Fire Blast over Fiery Dance as Volcarona is meant for sweeping, after a Quiver Dance boost, you'd want to go for an outright sweep, and if somebody switches in a Pokemon that manages to take a Fiery Dance and KOs you, it might turn the tables of the match. However, this comment is really to be used at your own discretion, if you feel like the 50% chance is worth risking for the extra boosts, then go ahead and use it. However, I'd really recommend you to test Fire Blast and check if it actually works better than Fiery Dance.

Just going to recommend Hi-Jump-Kick over Drain Punch for the extra kick, I find that it works better for the first kill, but if you think the miss and recoil is going to be a problem, then stick to Drain Punch. This one is purely opinionated (WHY CAN'T HE LEARN CLOSE COMBAT, ARGHH)

Unlike my rates so far (and since I'm lazy) I can't find any pokemon to change on your team, and just a beginning rater, however, I'll come back tomorrow to look for threats and pokemon changes, sorry for the inconvenience caused, and hopefully, you'll put some of my ideas to thought.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
13. You are only permitted to have one active RMT thread open at any given time. Don't post a new team every 2 weeks, wait some time before posting another RMT.
In a nutshell, stop posting teams every other day; wait some time before posting another. (you also re-posted this exact same team; no reason to do that!) Just edit your previous thread to make people aware of the changes you've made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)