Ou Drizzle Team

Hi everybody,
I decided to run Drizzle Team because i wanted to change the weather than i play normally.

Like is obvious my first pokemon is:

Then I was looking for a entry hazard poke and i decided than this pokemon is so good in drizzle teams (Yeah, i know is fucking op in all teams xD).

My next objective was a special wall and I decided to use the best special sponge in the game, Chansey, (I think Blissey is better only in Hail o Sandstorm).

When I had the leads and the walls, I decided to looking for a Drizzle abuser and I decided to use Thundurus-T because I had used Tornadus and Dragonite before and I wanted to test new pokes.

With the special sweeper choose my next objetive was choose a good physical attacker with some support for the team and I thought that Breloom would be a nice idea.

At that moments I had to choose the last pokemon of my team, and I discovered that i only had a good speed in Thundurus so I decided to have an extreme revenge Killer, and every time i think in an extreme revenge killer i think in:

Then I realise i had some problems with Mamoswine ( I dare you I DOBLE DARE YOU) so i decide to change my Ditto to the bench and use a Tentacruel (Im gonna use ditto if i know my foe and i think is a good option)

Politoed @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Protect
- Toxic
- Refresh

Politoed is gonna be my physical wall.
Respect the attacks I choose Scald like STAB due to his amazing secondary effect so good for a tanky pokemon, Protect to win free turns with leftovers and scout enemy pokemons, toxic to do residual damage , especially to Ninetales´s Sun Day and refresh to help him to win weather's battles

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

I decided to use Ferrothorn like a mixed wall too, ¿why? Because when he is mixed he can wall most of sweepers without problems thanks to his amazing defensive type in rain. I choose rocky helmet to improve his trait.
Respect his attacks steath rock to provide entry hazard to the team, gyro ball and power whip to surprise with his amazing attack (is a tank) and thunder wave to contribute with some support to team.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Softboiled
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

My special sponge, Respect his attacks, aromatherapy to support my team and eliminate bad status, seismic toss because i want a secure damage, toxic because is the best attack status she can learn and Softboiled, well is obvious...

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot

My special sweeper and Rain abuser, agility to allow me outspeed most of scarfed pokemons if I had a free turn to use it, thunder is obvious, hidden power ice is to destroy Grass, Dragon, Earth types and others thundurus, and grass Knot to OHOK Gastrodon, Hippowdon and this stuff.

Breloom (F) @ Fist Plate
Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Focus Punch
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed

Tipical Evs to a Technician Breloom Spore is one of the best attacks in the game the 100% is awesome, Mach punch allows me use him like revenge killer, focus punch because with this move i can use Breloom like Wall Breaker and Bullet seed to use the technician buff.

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 208 HP / 184 Def / 20 SpA / 96 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Protect
- Toxic
- Scald
- Rapid Spin

My rapid spinner, also he provides me a nice defensive coberture and he can be so annoying and dificult to defeat with protec+toxic and his double curation in every turn.

BENCH

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Imposter
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Transform

Ditto only has one form to play scarfed as revenge killer. Why? Because is your poke scarfed is gonna outspeed all metagame and like i only have Thundurus-T with more than 300 speed i thought he was a good idea and also is counter of DD users and batton pass teams , and my team is a little weak against thats teams. Im gonna use Ditto between tentacruel if i known my foe plays with this teams

THREATLIST
-Ofensive

If he has ice punch and earthquake or zen headbutt he can kill all the team.

-Defensive

I know i can kill him with Thundurus-T but is the only poke who can do something wit him roost build it he has his Evs in SpD.

-
If my Breloom is K.O i cant do nothing vs him.
-
I just hate so mucht this Hax poke and always is a real problem for me

Politoed (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Protect
- Toxic
- Refresh

Ferrothorn (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Softboiled
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

Thundurus (Thundurus-T) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Agility
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot

Breloom (F) @ Fist Plate
Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Focus Punch
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 96 HP / 184 Def
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Protect
- Toxic
- Scald
- Rapid Spin

• ====>
    • Poison Heal set ====> Technician set
    • 252 HP / 126 Def / 4 SpA / 126 SpD ====> 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    • 252 HP / 130 Def / 126 SpD ====> 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You need to lengthen your Ditto description. Also, this rate is completely serious. #justsayin'

This is a pretty cool team, but I think a couple of EV spreads could be improved substantially. First off, let's give your Politoed an EV spread of 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD. This EV spread gives your Politoed the ability to combat Pokemon like Landorus-T and Scizor better, and with a burn from Scald, it makes Politoed even more infuriating to deal with for offensive teams that center around physical sweepers. Next, I think it would be better if your Chansey runs an EV spread of 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD with a Calm nature. This gives you a potent special sponge that can easily take on big names in the special attacking department, such as Sheer Force Lando-I, Agility Thundy-T, Specs Latios, and Specs Keldeo, easing the pressure off your team's shoulders against them. This also helps when fighting opposing rain offense teams, who usually pack stuff like Specs Politoed and Keldeo alongside things like Latios. Also, I think your EV spread for Ferrothorn is a tad inefficient. I'd recommend using an EV spread of 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD over your current spread. With a Relaxed nature, Ferrothorn hits a reasonable amount of physical bulk, enough to take repeated Outrages from physical dragons, with plenty of EVs left over to bolster Ferrothorn's great special bulk, which helps even further against bulky waters. Besides, Ferrothorn makes for a better mixed wall that Politoed does, thanks to its auspicious resistances.

Now, for some slightly larger changes. Mamoswine troubles this team since nothing can reliably take it on after some hazard damage. To help alleviate that, I'd recommend using a ProToxic (Toxic + Protect) Tentacruel over your Ditto, which doesn't seem to do anything of importance for your team. While you may question this change, this works as a double-fold solution. This change gives you a great Mamoswine check, since the given EV spread below allows Tentacruel to outpace all forms of Mamoswine that lack a Scarf, as well as a spinner that can't be spinblocked by Jellicent or Gengar, something I'm sure Thundurus-T will appreciate. Also, since you're using Aromatherapy Chansey, I'd like to see that Breloom changed to a Technician variant w/ Focus Punch. You may ask, "Why should I use Focus Punch and not Swords Dance as Breloom's fourth move?" Well, the answer could not be any more simple. This change gives your Breloom the opportunity to serve as a devastating wall-breaker, clearing the path for Thundurus-T to sweep more effectively. A summarized list of changes can be found below.

Sets:
Tentacruel @ Black Sludge | Rain Dish
Timid | 208 HP / 184 Def / 20 SpA / 96 Spe | 0 Atk
Protect | Toxic | Scald | Rapid Spin

Breloom @ Fist Plate | Technician
Adamant | 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Spore | Bullet Seed | Mach Punch | Focus Punch

Nitpicks:
  • ====>
    • Poison Heal set ====> Technician set
    • 252 HP / 126 Def / 4 SpA / 126 SpD ====> 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    • 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD Bold ====> 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD Calm
    • 252 HP / 130 Def / 126 SpD ====> 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD

Anyways, this list might be long, but it's all nitpicks. Good luck with your team.

Thanks Trinitrotoluene.

If my Ditto description is short is because Ditto only has one form to play scarfed as revenge killer. Why? Because is your poke scarfed is gonna outspeed all metagame and like i only have Thundurus-T with more than 300 speed i thought he was a good idea and also is counter of DD users and batton pass teams , and my team is a little weak against thats teams, but yes im gonna rewrite his descripcion.

I was testing your ideas and I am gonna change Breloom ( So good idea thanks now i have priority move that i missed before), Evs of Politoed and Ferro (In chansey no, because with my Evs i can even resist a Scizor´s Superpower.) and im gonna catch Tentacruel and let Ditto in bench. I think tenta is better to ladder yes.

Pd: Im gonna update principal post with the new information and Threats

Hi. I see not many people commented on this, so I'm here to rate your team and bump you up (spread the goodness around, XD!).

On Ferrothorn, Gyro Ball and Thunder Wave conflict. I understand that Thunder Wave cripples many of his main adversaries, such as Hydreigon and Infernape on the switch, but it also make Gyro Ball quite a bit weaker. You could even put Leech Seed (which forces switches and provides healing) or Spikes over Stealth Rock. I would use Spikes over Stealth Rock on Ferrothorn because he is just such an amazing Spikes Setter. The entry hazard/hazards of your choice is your call, though.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You still have problems against Mamoswine, as it OHKO's your Tentacreul with STAB super effective earthquake.
Actually, his Tentacruel outpaces the fastest non-Scarfed Mamoswine and OHKOes it with Scald in the rain, so Mamoswine isn't really a threat to his team anymore. Besides, the non-existent Scarf Mamoswine can be used as set-up fodder for the rest of his team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)