OU Heavy Offense

This is the first team I've created, I took two pokemon I was using in game, Espeon and Lucario, saw their synergy and decided to build a team around them. I'm new to competitive, so any advice would be great. Without further ado!

Espeon w/Light Clay
Timid 252HP 4Def 252Spe
Magic Bounce
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Psychic
-Baton Pass

My lead if it won't be countered or I don't think I can OHKO their lead with a different monster, Espeon is my dual screener and my first defense against hazards; I keep her alive as long as possible and as soon as I see forretress or ferrothorn or skarmory go up I'll switch in to bounce. Psychic because my team is more physically oriented, and baton pass to escape pursuit.

Lucario w/Life Orb
Adamant 252Atk 4HP 252Spe
Justified
-Swords Dance
-Extremespeed
-Close Combat
-Ice Punch

When a pursuit user switches in to Espeon, I baton pass to this monster and will begin to sweep. Hit swords dance when I can, CC is STAB and his main move. Extremespeed for the priority, does a nice bit of dmg. Ice punch to kill dragons.

Dragonite w/Choice Band
Adamant 252Atk 4HP 252Spe
Multiscale
-Outrage
-Extremespeed
-Fire Punch
-Earthquake

My main physical sweeper, once stealth rock and steels is out of the way, I'll lock into outrage and will rack up kills until a faster poke with ice comes in. Fire Punch is to hit the steels that resist it. Extremespeed for priority, and Earthquake to hit electric and steel.

Starmie w/Leftovers
Timid 252SpA 4HP 252Spe
Natural Cure
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Rapid Spin

My revenge killer and rapid spinner for when I mispredict or Espeon is dead. He can outspeed almost anything, and can kill almost anything under 1/2 health. His moves provide great coverage, and can clear the way for Dragonite.

Magnezone w/Air Balloon
Timid 36HP 252SpA 220Spe
Magnet Pull
-Substitute
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Fire
-Flash Cannon

The tankiest on the team with many resistances, substitute allows it to wall out most steel types and smash them with HP fire. Thunderbolt and Flash Cannon are for STAB and to roast gyarados and other flying and water types.

Volcarona w/Lum Berry
Timid 252SpA 4HP 252Spe
Flame Body
-Quiver Dance
-Bug Buzz
-Fiery Dance
-Hidden Power Rock

Volcarona is my special sweeper. She also requires stealth rock to be gone. She has Quiver Dance to set up with and sweeps with her two STABs, and has HP Rock for additional coverage.

This is my team, I'm most definitely open to suggestions. Thank you,
Greg

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Hello there, this is a cool example of an offensive team. Looking at the team, it seems very solid. However, I have a bone to pick with your Magnezone. Since Magnezone is this team's Steel type, it should expect to take Dragon type hits like Specs Meteor or Band Outrage. This makes Air Balloon worthless if it is popped switching into Magnezone. Thus, I recomment a different set on Magnezone:

[pimg]467[/pimg]

Magnezone @Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 52 Spe
Nature: Modest
-Substitute
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Ice/Hidden Power Fire
-Flash Cannon

You may wonder why I propose HP Ice over HP Fire. The reason behind this choice is twofold: First of all, Rain teams are all over the place, and since yours is weatherless, your HP Fire can become useless against these teams. Also, every Steel except Ferrothorn can be hit hard with Thunderbolt anyways, making it pretty useless. However, Magnezone always beats Ferrothorn if it isn't caught on the switch with Leech Seed. HP Ice allows you to counter Dragon types locked into Outrage, such as Dragonite. I also recommend this bulkier EV set. This allows you to take hits easily while hitting harder than before. The 52 Spe EVs are used to outspeed min Scizor and those that speed creep a point for some reason. You can also opt for Charge Beam in the last slot if you want to run HP Ice, because it can set-up easily on stuff like Ferro, Forre, etc.

On Lucario, I recommend trying out Bullet Punch over Ice Punch to deal with faster threats that resist Extremespeed, like Terrakion. Also, on Volcarona, I would try out Giga Drain over Bug Buzz. Bug Buzz doesn't offer much, while Giga Drain provides useful healing that can help Volcarona in the long run. The choice is once again a matter of preference. Overall, this is a great offensive team. I hope I helped, and good luck.

I would put a Life Orb on Starmie. This would increase it's Special Attack from 299 to a much more impressive 388.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)