ORAS OU OU Hyper Offense (creative name I know)

Hopefully I remember how to do hide tags lol
Welcome to my RMT.
It's a hyper offense, meaning there is no 'center sweeper'. Rather, it has multiple sweepers to apply constant pressure to the opponent's team.
Have fun.
First, I wanted a Mega Pokemon, so I started with Absol.

Next, I needed a sweeper to compliment Absol, so I added Talonflame.

I recognized that I had 2 physical attackers, so I put in Serperior.

Next, Latios serves as a breaker.

I originally had Azumarill as a physical wallbreaker.

Finally, Reuniclus is a stallbreaker.

I tested it out, and it turned out that a) I needed a rock setter, and b) I was really weak to birds.

I replaced Azumarill with Lando-T to set rocks and counter birdspam (kinda).

Finally, Reuniclus wasn't killing anything so I replaced it with offensive stallbreaker Heatran.

In depth:

dont hit me (Absol) @ Absolite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Play Rough

This is a fairly standard SD Absol, everything is pretty standard, but I have to write 3 lines of explanation. The item is Absolite so Absol can Mega Evolve. Justified is arguably the best ability for Absol before Mega Evolving, and it can switch in to weak dark type moves and gain a +1 boost to attack. The EVs are standard physical sweeper EVs with 252 Atk and Spe, topped off by 4 Special Defense ones. A Jolly nature is used to get the highest speed possible. Swords Dance is to boost attack to insane levels, and Sucker Punch for priority when revenge killing. Knock Off is arguably the best move in the metagame right now, as it removes items and has 97.5 BP when the opponent has an item. Play Rough is a coverage move. One thing I have to say is that it's a lot harder to set up than it used to be, when I just set up and swept teams to no end.

i hate rocks (Talonflame) @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Talonflame compliments Mega Absol really well, so I put it on my team. This is an SD set that can sweep teams with relative ease, if they aren't prepared. However, most teams are prepared for this beast, so it's harder to sweep. Anyway, the ability is Gale Wings, because that's the only viable ability that T-Flame gets. Sharp Beak capitalizes on Talonflame's priority Brave Bird and lets it do even more damage than usual. Brave Bird is Flying STAB, Flare Blitz is Fire STAB, and Swords Dance is to boost attack to sweep better. Roost counters recoil from Flare Blitz and Brave Bird, and to heal off Stealth Rock Damage. Jolly nature is to get as high speed as possible. The EVs are fairly standard. Max EVs in Attack and Speed allow it to hit as hard as possible while maintaining its blistering speed. 4 Special Defense is just there to make use of the final 4 EVs that are left over.

ur dead (Serperior) @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Giga Drain

Serperior is my special sweeper, and although it is hard walled by some common Pokemon in the tier, it can sweep really well against the remainder. It comes in on Pokemon weak to it, then fires off a Leaf Storm as they switch, usually to a fire type like Heatran. That's where Dragon Pulse/HP Ground come into play, they are very useful in taking down Serp's checks. Leaf Storm and Dragon Pulse are standard, and there is no need to explain those. Hidden Power Ground is used as I already have Talonflame so there isn't really a need for HP Fire. Giga Drain is to recover off any damage done by entry hazards or opposing Pokemon (if they even get a hit off). Contrary is the best ability there is for Serperior, and Timid is to make Serperior as fast as possible, sitting at a base 113 speed, it outspeeds all the Pokemon at base 110, mainly Gengar and Latios, to name a few. The EVs are standard special sweeper EVs, and that's about it for this monster.

zap (Latios) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

Latios is my Defogger/Special Wallbreaker, and it does its job really well. Some other Pokemon on my team are really weak to rocks (ahem Talonflame ahem), so Latios removes it for them. Life Orb is to maximize damage to weaken my sweepers' checks better. Levitate is Latios' only ability so there isn't really a choice there. The EVs are standard for special attackers. Timid nature is to make sure Latios is fast enough to at least speed tie with the other 110s in the tier. The moves are all standard, as Dragon/Fire coverage is unresisted, and Psyshock punishes the likes of Chansey/Blissey.

bIG dOG (Landorus-Therian) @ Soft Sand
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Landorus-T is one of the most common Rock Setters in the tier, and for a good reason. Its 145 base attack punishes other threats, and Intimidate gives it good physical bulk. It can act as a scout and weaken opposing Pokemon to allow my sweepers to set up. Soft Sand is to power up Earthquake, its main STAB attack. Stone Edge is coverage, and Stealth Rock is one of the most important moves to have in the OU tier. 252 Attack and Speed EVs give it the tools it needs to effectively weaken checks, and 4 Special Defense is to make use of the 4 extra EVs. Landorus-T is one of the most important Pokemon to my team, and it deserves it.

why (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

Heatran is my Stallbreaker and check to birdspam. Obviously, it breaks stall using Taunt and wears opposing stall teams down with Toxic. If needed, though, it can play an offensive role, with moves like Magma Storm that can trap opposing Pokemon and prevent switching, and Earth Power, one of the best special Ground Type moves. Heatran can predict opponents' Fire Type moves and switch in on them, granting a boost to its already powerful Magma Storm attack. It hits very hard with 252 Special Attack EVs and is as fast as possible thanks to 252 Speed EVs and a Timid nature.

dont hit me (Absol) @ Absolite
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Play Rough

Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

ur dead (Serperior) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Giga Drain

zap (Latios) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

bIG dOG (Landorus-Therian) @ Soft Sand
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

why (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

All in all, this team has been very fun to play with and I hope you will check it out!

Thanks for reading! All feedback is appreciated!

Hey MegaTias, your team is pretty solid so I only have a few minor suggestions to try to help improve how it functions as a whole.

My first suggestion would be to run M-Lopunny > M-Absol since M-Absol offers little to no defensive utility, doesn't function well against any playstyle, and has little to no opportunity to actually set up. With Ice Punch, M-Lopunny can immediately pressure Defensive Garchomp and Landorus-T to support your Talonflame, can act as a soft check to Bisharp, thrives against offensive builds, and sits in an excellent speed tier which lets it outspeed Tornadus-T, +1 M-Tyranitar, and Weavile, all of which can annoy your team quite a bit.

Next, I think you should run Taunt > Giga Drain and Miracle Seed > Life Orb on Serperior. With Taunt, you can beat Chansey and Unaware Clefable 1v1, and with Miracle Seed you can boost Leaf Storm's damage output without having to take recoil. Generally speaking, Leaf Storm is really the only attack from Serperior that it really would like an extra bit of damage output on since, at +2, it's not really getting any special kills with a Life Orb that it wouldn't without a boosting item. You can alternatively run Glare instead of Taunt on Serperior if you want to cripple stuff like Choice Scarf Jirachi, Tornadus-T, or M-Altaria.

Since Latios baits in Tyranitar and Heatran, which also check your Talonflame, you should run Earthquake > Hidden Power Fire on Latios. Earthquake still allows you to hit Bisharp that try to switch in to get a Defiant boost from Defog, and does more to Heatran and Tyranitar than Surf. With this addition, you should run Hidden Power Fire > Hidden Power Ground on Serperior since this allows Serperior to cover way more Pokemon than with ground coverage, such as Skarmory, Scizor, and Ferrothorn, while still being able to hit Bisharp and Metagross for supereffective damage.

To further pressure physical walls to allow M-Lopunny and Talonflame to have more leeway lategame, you should run Swords Dance > U-Turn on Landorus-T. This allows you to dent into opposing Landorus-T, Defensive Garchomp, Hippowdon, Skarmory, Rotom-W, and more, and also makes it easier for you to get up Stealth Rock against M-Sableye teams. You should also consider Yache Berry > Soft Sand on Landorus-T since this allows you to take an HP Ice from M-Manectric or Tornadus-T, and be able to take them out with Earthquake and Stone Edge respectively so Talonflame and Serperior will have more free reign. It also helps with Ice Punch M-Lopunny which can be very annoying to your team.

Lastly, for a lure to bulky waters that annoy your offensive core of M-Lopunny + Talonflame, you should run Power Herb > Leftovers on Heatran, and Solar Beam > Toxic. This allows you to destroy Pokemon such as Rotom-W, Slowbro, and Quagsire, which are all extremely reliable counters to your Swords Dance Talonflame, and also are annoying to Landorus-T and M-Lopunny.

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Frustration
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

ur dead (Serperior) @ Miracle Seed
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Taunt / Glare

zap (Latios) @ Life Orb
EVs: 24 Atk / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Defog

bIG dOG (Landorus-Therian) @ Yache Berry / Soft Sand
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

why (Heatran) @ Power Herb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Solar Beam

Hope i was able to help!

Hello celes!
Thanks for the suggestions!
I will definitely test these out, and give you feedback when I reach conclusions. :)

Hello NotFalse!
Thank you for the feedback!
I will play with these, and tell you if it works. :)

Ok, Like celes and NotFalse said, Mega Absol doesn't really work in OU, with the only opritunity to set up is on a switch, because if you flick it, it dies. Mega Charizard X would compliment your team better, because its utilized as all the things that Mega Absol does, but better. Weavile and Scarf Lando-T decimate this team due to how frail it is as a whole. On Talonflame, change Brave Bird to Acrobatics because eventually, a roost WILL be forced out, which can be used to your opponents advantage.

So:

MegaZardX > Mega Absol

Add bulk

Acrobatic > Brave Bird on Talonflame

Hope this helps c:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)