OU Hyper Offense.

I've been doing a few online battles with this team and I haven't been doing bad, but my team could defiantly use some help.

At a Glance:

A Closer Look

Bronzong @Light Clay
Bold Nature
252 Hp / 180 SpD / 70 Def
IV: 0 Spe
~Reflect
~Light Screen
~Gyro Ball
~Explosion

Why?: As you can probably tell, his main purpose is to screen. He normally will set up both screens and still have at least half of his Hp, so he switches out to one of the sweepers. With very low speed, Gyro ball normally does decent damage (for his shitty attack stats) and explosion gets the job done when there is no way he can do anything else. Normally, he will set up 2 sets of screens before either exploding or just dying.

Tyranitar @Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 Hp
~Dragon Dance
~Stone Edge
~Crunch
~Earthquake

Why?: Tyranitar makes a great physical sweeper with Dragon Dance. with 364 Spe with one DDance and 486 with two, he will out speed most pokemon. Combine this with his amazing attack (550 with one DDance, 734 with 2) and he makes a great sweeper. Lum berry is because a burn horribly restricts his sweeping abilities. Most of the time, I pull him out on the oh so common Scarf Heatran. He takes the fireblasts like a monster, and then i normally go for a DDance, because they normally switch out to avoid the EQ. The only problem, is if someone switches into a poke with a fighting type move, he is screwed. For this reason, I have considered giving him a Chople Berry.

Metagross @Expert Belt
Adamant Nature
252 Atk / 60 Hp / 196 Spe
~Agility
~Meteor Mash
~Earthquake
~Thunder Punch

Why?: Pretty much the standard agiligross. Setting up agility shouldn't be too hard with screens up, and after that, he will outspeed nearly all OU pokemon and do some good sweeping. Meteor mash is a good STAB attack that has a chance to raise his attack. Thunder Punch is mostly as a Gyarados counter. Although his stats are good, and his defenses arent exactly bad, he has never really done alot for my team. Only about 25% he even gets one complete KO on an opponent. I've been thinking about replacing him with another physical attacker. :/

Cresselia @Light Clay
Bold Nature
252 Hp / 106 Def / 142 Spd / 8 Def
~Reflect
~Light Screen
~Psychic
~Lunar Dance

Why?: The moon goddess is my second screener. With her phenomenal Hp, Def, and SpD, she can take hits no problem. She sets up screens then safely switches out. Psychic is her most powerful STAB attack. With Lunar Dance, she sacrifices herself to completely heal another teammate, including status conditions. Lunar Dance would only be used when she doesn't have enough in her to do anything more.

Azelf @Expert Belt
Timid Nature
252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 Hp
~Nasty Plot
~Psychic
~Flamethrower
~Grass knot

Why?: Azelf is my little sweeper. So far, he has done a better job at sweeping than anyone else on my team. After thinking his naughty thoughts, very few foes can withstand his attacks, and very few can outspeed him. Even with his pathetic defenses, Azelf makes an amazing sweeper.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
252 Hp / 220 Def / 36 Spe
~Wish
~Calm Mind
~Psychic
~Thunderbolt

Why?: This gay little thing has also done great on my team. He normally lives a while and gets a few calm minds in, staying alive with wish and lefties. Psychic is a very powerful STAB attack, and thunderbolt hits most pokes where psychic isn't as effective. He can also use wish to support other pokemon on my team, passing a healing to them.

When Rating: Leave constructive criticism and any advice that you think would be helpful to my team. All advice I will consider, and all advice is appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read my post :toast:

A Scizor and Heatran combo can rip through this team, and unfortunately, those two are commonly seen together. Heatran can deal super effective damage to half of your team with fire blast and Scizor can BP Tyranitar and Pursuit can take care of Cress and Azelf.
The most obvious answer to this is replace Tyranitar with a Bulky DD Gyara, such as THIS one as he can counter Scizor with ease and pretty effectively counter Heatran. Next you don't really need two screeners so switch Cress to a more supporting role with T-wave, Moonlight, Ice Beam, and Reflect and 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA evs.
Now, lets kill two birds with one stone and add both an electric immunity and a ground immunity in Gliscor and replace Bronzong at the lead spot with a set like THIS one which he can set up SR pretty reliably, which can help you rack up more KO's, and adds more bulk to your team as he can come in later. Plus he can break stall if you choose to run Taunt.
Hope I helped.

A Scizor and Heatran combo can rip through this team, and unfortunately, those two are commonly seen together. Heatran can deal super effective damage to half of your team with fire blast and Scizor can BP Tyranitar and Pursuit can take care of Cress and Azelf.
The most obvious answer to this is replace Tyranitar with a Bulky DD Gyara, such as THIS one as he can counter Scizor with ease and pretty effectively counter Heatran. Next you don't really need two screeners so switch Cress to a more supporting role with T-wave, Moonlight, Ice Beam, and Reflect and 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA evs.
Now, lets kill two birds with one stone and add both an electric immunity and a ground immunity in Gliscor and replace Bronzong at the lead spot with a set like THIS one which he can set up SR pretty reliably, which can help you rack up more KO's, and adds more bulk to your team as he can come in later. Plus he can break stall if you choose to run Taunt.
Hope I helped.
I think you gave some great advice, but from past experiences, two screeners have been proven to be very helpful. Also, Tyranitar has done rather well on my team. I would be more willing to replace Metagross with a Gyarados, if that would still work. Replacing Bronzong with Gliscor gets rid of my my initial screening, and screening is part of the purpose of a Hyper offence team, they allow me to set up. Im gonna sleep on it and think about what does need changing. Thanks again for the advice :D

I think you gave some great advice, but from past experiences, two screeners have been proven to be very helpful. Also, Tyranitar has done rather well on my team. I would be more willing to replace Metagross with a Gyarados, if that would still work. Replacing Bronzong with Gliscor gets rid of my my initial screening, and screening is part of the purpose of a Hyper offence team, they allow me to set up. Im gonna sleep on it and think about what does need changing. Thanks again for the advice :D
Yea that would remove the purpose of the team so, to make it a little easier giving Bronzong the Heatproof ability would allow him to take fire attacks easier and most people are use to seeing Levitate Bronzong so they don't even throw a ground attack at him.

First of all, I noticed that an overwhelming five of your six pokemon are psychic type. That's means you're going to have an incredibly difficult time finding opportunities to use your stab, or even come in on the increasingly common fire/water/grass pokemon.

I would recommend you take out Cresselia and Azelf. Cresselia is BL for a reason - it's meant to be a defensive pokemon, yet the incredibly common Scizor and Tyranitar destroy it. If you're looking for something that can act as a semi-wall but still contribute offensively, I would go with a suicune, possibly the crocune set. I think you'll find that the excellent typing, the ability to perform offensively, and the chance set up will make it far more valuable than Cresselia. Having two screeners is a bit much, especially for a hyper offensive team. I think that if you ever manage to get two screens up, you should switch to something, set up immensely, and then gain such an advantage that all the rest of your team has to do is clean up.

Azelf is rarely used as a sweeper because its stab is so dreadfully bad in today's metagame. While it has more sp. attack and speed, it's pretty much outclassed by other sweepers like Infernape. Nasty plot Infernape can come in after a CB scizor revenges a pokemon with bullet punch or Scar-Tar takes something out with pursuit, set up a nasty plot on the switch, and do some serious damage.

Also, you're right to keep Bronzong on levitate. While your opponent would never think initially to throw a ground type attack at it, that's not the point. The point is that you have another pokemon to switch into ground attacks for free. This is especially useful when the pokemon using the ground attack is choiced, and therefore has to switch, which gives you a free turn to set up a screen.

Taunt leads are going to be an issue right off the bat, as both aerodactyl and azelf get SR for free and prevent you from screening. Additionally, there are quite a few pokes that set up in the face of your screeners like Metagross, Lucario, Scizor, Gyara. Still, this team is fairly resiliant and tanks hits well, but a scarfer like Rotom could improve your ability to take hits.

Stall can also be a problem for this team, bypassing your screens, so a mixed sweeper like Nasty Plot infernape would also be a welcome addition.

-I would use azelf as your lead. It can do the same thing, except it cannot be taunted as easily. only aero can out-taunt you. If you fear tyranitar and scizor, uxie can set up reflect and easily tank pursuits, or have enough time to fully set up light screen before dying to crunch. Uxie can also set up stealth rock, which you need badly.

-Jirachi is far too slow for this team. You need a sweeper who can set up in a turn or two, jirachi needs many to fully sweep, and can be revenge killed. Gyarados and dragonite are more threatening sweepers.

-Lunar cress is a great idea, I would add HP fire over psychic, because scizor can cause some major problems here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)