ORAS OU OU Manaphy Anti-Stall semi-Rain

Hello everyone! I've made a couple of RMTs before but they were kinda trash to be honest. But I believe this team is actually pretty good.

Little backstory...I hate stall, so this team is build to at least compete with it and not get blown the fuck back like Blunder on his PS Lives :]

Team-Building Process

490.png
186.png
641-s.png

So I know I wanted a rain team. Manaphy is great against stall barring calm spdef Unaware Clefable. I went with Politoed to set the rain so I didnt have to put rain dance on Manaphy. Then there was Tornadus-T, aka hurricane spam with rain.

490.png
186.png
641-s.png
212-m.png
380.png

So I thought Mega Scizor would be great under the rain. Weakening its only weakness sounded pretty good to me. Plus it helps deal with that Clefable problem. Latias for hazard removal.

490.png
186.png
641-s.png
212-m.png
380.png
151.png

Okay so stallbreaker Mew is the best thing ever lol. Someone suggested it to me and I used it in a couple of battles and fell in love. Its on like all my teams now. Effectively shuts down stall barring Mega Sableye.

490.png
186.png
243.png
212-m.png
380.png
151.png

So at this point Politoed was my only bird check and Talonflame was absolutely fucking me as well as electric types. I wanted something not named Rotom-W because my team was slow enough and it didnt help with the electric types, so added Raikou over Tornadus-T.

The Squad

manaphy.gif

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid NAture
-Tail Glow
-Rest/Ice Beam
-Scald
-Energy Ball

Manaphy is who I wanted to build around. This is my special setup sweeper. With rain support from Politoed this thing puts in work. Originally had Rest over Ice Beam because of longevity with Hydration and status absorber under rain.
I run max speed because my team is pretty for the OU tier and my team helps opposing Manaphies so I want to outspeed the 160 speed ones or at least speed tie the max ones. I try to get rid of the counters before I send this out or start with him and punch a hole for my other mons.

politoed.gif

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
-Toxic
-Scald
-Ice Beam
-Perish Song

Politoed is my weather setter, defevensive wall (kinda), and dedicated bird check. Toxic for bulky mons and scald for burn chances against physical mons. Ice beam for coverage. And Perish Song is to prevent defensive setup mons from completely beat me and force them out. It has came in handy quite a few times. Rain only really benefits Manaphy and Scizor so I dont really care about keeping it up unless those 2 are out. Plus counters the ever present sand for Excadrill.

raikou.gif

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
-Thunderbolt
-Volt Switch
-Hidden Power Ice
-Shadow Ball

Raikou is here for a backup check to Talonflame. It is also the Volt-Swticher for momentum and some free switches. Opted to go with max speed versus the 224 speed because 115 is an important speed tier and Id rather speed tie with a rain boosted Starmie than not. HP Ice and Shadow Ball for coverage, this is the common moveset nothing special.

scizor-mega.gif

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower
-Bug Bite

Scizor is my mega and physical setup sweeper. Ill go over the EVs first. 88 speed to outspeed 68 speed Heatran AFTER mega evolving by 1 point. I forgot the after part once and got blown back and never forgot again. Making it after is the difference between 168 HP and 88 Hp Evs. Usually Heatran is the switch in. Superpower isnt a OHKO so Ill SD on the switch and then surprise outspeed barring scarf but team preview will usually tell if scarf. Dont have fire STAB on team so this is how I deal with Ferrothorn. Bullet Punch for STAB plus priority. Bug Bite for STAB havent used it much.

latias.gif

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP
-Draco Meteor
-Psyshock
-Defog
-Healing Wish/Roost

Latias is my way of hazard removal plus Draco spammer. 29 HP IVs to reduce Life Orb recoil without Roost, not sure how I like getting 3HKO by Seismic Toss tho. Defog for hazards. Healing Wish when not using Rest on Manaphy. Im not sure what I like better. I havent been using Rest on Manaphy and I like Manaphy and Scizor to be healthy. Psyshock for STAB coverage and for likes of Mega Venusaur who have fun against this team.

mew.gif

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
-Taunt
-Will-O-Wisp
-Soft-Boiled
-Knock Off

Stallbreaker Mew is amazing, like one of my favorite mons at the moment. 20 speed to outspeed 0 speed Tank Garchomp. Lead off and Taunt it and then Will-o-Wisp. Soft-Boiled for recovery. Knock Off because its like the 2nd best move it the game and getting rid of leftovers on stally mons is always great to burn and stall them out with Soft-Boiled. This can stallbreak all but Mega Sableye and I will Will-O-Wisp it just to get the Synchronize burn it, although Manaphy kinda rekts it.

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Perish Song

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Ice Beam/Rest
- Scald
- Energy Ball

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish/Roost

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled
- Knock Off

Thanks for reading! Hopefully I get some good feedback and can further improve the team. Open to all suggestions! And Im not great at threatlists so if someone could make one that would be awesome and appreciated! I just know fast electric types and dark types in gerneral, like Mega Manecrtric, Weavile, and Bisharp, do well against this team.

oh yeah and just found out that this team is fucked by a well played Conkeldurr, I dont have any switch ins.

Last edited:
Hi.

Well. If you hate stall (like me) I would suggest this differentiated set Politoed that leverages Perish Song.

politoed.gif

Politoed @ Damp Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rest
- Perish Song
- Toxic
- Scald

Rest gives longevity.

Another suggestion, change Mew by Gothitelle.

gothitelle.gif

Gothitelle (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 80 HP / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Rest
- Thunder Wave

Can take advantage of a switch in Perish Song. Thunder Wave to limit offensive threats. Removes safely Chansey, among others.

Roost in Mega Scizor gives more longevity to survive in Conkeldurr. You can try Roost over Bug Bite or Superpower.

I hope this helped.

Last edited:
Back