OU MonoLetter H Team

Hello everyone, my name is Drew Pickles and I am gay. Today I have a special team in which every Pokemon starts with the letter H. I also have OU monoletter C and L teams and I also have a NU monoletter M team. But yeah, let's begin.

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Let me start by saying that I have 3 Choice Scarf Pokemon on this team. Heracross, Heatran, and Haxorus are all scarfed. Some people may find that to be a little bit of an overkill, but I find this to be extremely useful. All 3 hit extremely hard and make great revenge killers. This is an aggressive team, but there are teams that are even more aggressive out there.

Heracross is usually used late in the game to sweep remaining Pokemon. Taking advantage of Moxie helps. Close Combat and Megahorn are powerful STAB moves and Earthquake and Stone Edge provide nice coverage.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Overheat

Unlike Heracross and Haxorus, Heatran is a special sweeper. Its Flash Fire ability can come in handy at times. Pokemon such as Gliscor and Landorus are often unsuspecting victims to Hidden Power Ice. Overheat is for strong single hits, and Flamethrower is for consistency. Earth Power is for coverage.

Heatran usually comes in mid-to late in the game to take out threats that still linger around - often Ferrothorn, Gliscor, Landorus, and Scizor.

Haxorus @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Dual Chop
- Superpower
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Having only 2 weaknesses allows Haxorus to come in when Heatran or Heracross otherwise couldn't. Also, Haxorus hits harder than both of them, with a massive attack stat of 432. Dual Chop can break substitutes, which is useful at times. Outrage hits extremely hard, but unfortunately it locks you into Haxorus. Superpower and Earthquake are good for coverage.

I have considered giving Haxorus a Choice Band, but the only paralysis support on this team is from Hypno, and it can't always set up paralysis on its own. I'd rather have the guaranteed speed edge.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Mild Nature
- Roost
- Superpower
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor

Hydreigon is often the lead for this team. Simply because it has excellent coverage. With Superpower, Fire Blast, and Draco Meteor, not many Pokemon resist Hydreigon. As a mixed attacker, Hydreigon can hit both special walls and physical walls hard, though it does have some trouble with Jellicent. Hydreigon can also use Roost to compensate for the Life Orb damage.

Hypno @ Leftovers
Trait: Insomnia
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Seismic Toss
- Wish
- Protect

Even though it is in NU, Hypno functions surprisingly well as a special defensive supporter in OU. Yeah, it's no Blissey or Jellicent, but Hypno seems to hold its own. Wish support comes in handy for any team, and I love paralysis. A Pokemon being paralyzed leaves it wide open for a stronger Pokemon like Haxorus to come in a wall-break it. Seismic Toss is good for consistent damage.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock

Hippowdon provides alot of support for this team. It functions as a defensive wall that can recover itself with Slack Off. Stealth Rock support is good for any team. Whirlwind gives this team a much needed phazer. And to top it off, I can bring in Hippowdon to change the weather if I'm facing an aggressive Rain or Sun team. Hippowdon really brings this whole team together.

And here's the importable:

I would hide it, but I don't know how to lol.

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Overheat

Haxorus @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Dual Chop
- Superpower
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Mild Nature
- Roost
- Superpower
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor

Hypno @ Leftovers
Trait: Insomnia
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Seismic Toss
- Wish
- Protect

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock

Last edited:
I recommend Focus Blast over superpower on hydreigon for the extra power under the EV's, and staying power. I could also recommend running a sash set on haxourous to get rid of one of the scarers - you can come in after a KO, they switch out/protect and you can set up a free dragon dance (over outrage).
Also, you may want to run Night slash over EQ on heracross, as you can already cover they types it is good against - steel=CC, rock=CC, fire=SE, poison=What poison? Tentacruel is usually a special wall and will switch on you anyway. electric - Jolteon=CC, Magnezone=CC, Rotom-Wash=CC (Dodgy through, as he can will-o-wisp), Thundurus-Therian=SE and Night slash gives youcoverage against many gengar that come your way, hoping to HP fire, and Jellicent who think they can will-o-wisp.

Hey there,

You have 3 Scarfers on the team. Though this may be useful agaist opposing offensive teams, Stall teams just wreck face here. Perhaps you could change your Heatran to a Life Orb Variant, since it has good coverage anyway? Here's the set.

Heatran @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpAtk, 252 Spd, 4 Atk
Modest Nature
SAME MOVES

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)