[OU] My very second RMT

BurningMan

fueled by beer
My second RMT its a "semi-stall" Team based around skarmory setting up Spikes and weakening the opponents with residual damage and getting rid of the Rest with a Mixape it worked pretty good for me and i had some fun matches with it, but enough said here is it:

The Team at a Glance:

The Anti-Anti-Lead xD

Metagross@Lum Berry
EVs: 252HP 236ATK 12 DEF
Nature: Adamant
Stealth Rock
Meteor Mash
Explosion
Eartquake

I used a Swampert for the lead position first but i really suffered against Machamp leads so i needed something that can remove it while still being able to come back later in the game setting up SR.
Its the first time i am using him in the lead position and he performs really good and was a great addition to the Team, though i really miss swamperts
bulk and ability to deal with dragon dancers.

The spiky Wall of pain

Skarmory@Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP 252 SDEF 4 Def
Nature: Impish
Spikes
Roost
Whirlwind
Brave Bird

A specially defensive Skarmory it gets Spikes easy down since the most special attackers send in cant KO him with their HP Fire or unstabbed TBolts. He gets Spikes down pretty easy and is perfect for phazing arround to damage and scout the opponents team for threats.

The blasting Dragon

Latias@Choice Specs
EVs: 252Spa 252 Spe 4 HP
Nature: Modest
Draco Meteor
Surf
Thunder Bolt
Trick

Shes my primary offensive Weapon to deal with bulky waters or just hammer a Draco Meteor into the opponents Team. The omnipresent ScarfTar really hurts her but he wont switch in her attacks with Spikes and SR up and usually switches in when she allready got her job done.

The incredible Tank

Gliscor@Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP 40 Def 216 Spe
Nature: Jolly
Taunt
Roost
Earthquake
Toxic

Stallbreak Gliscor is a great addition to any Team and is able to take almost every Team alone when their special Attackers are gone by Toxic stalling them and removing the Steel types with EQ. He is a check to almost every physical attacker and together with Skarmory and Latias performs as a valuable part of the Teams defensive core.

The sandy Beast of Revenge

Tyranitar@Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk 252 Speed 4 HP
Nature:Jolly
Crunch
Pursuit
Stone Edge
Earthquake

Yeah the infamous ScarfTar i am sure everyone knows this guy and for all those that dont: he kills Latias and to a lesser extent Gengar and weakend Rotom-A. Well he is also a cool Revenge Killer, summons Sand Storm for Gliscor, packs enough Punch to possibly do the Late Game sweep and is a decent special wall.

The rampaging Ape of Fire

Infernape@Life Orb
EVs: 64 Atk 192 Spe 252 SpAtk
Nature: Naive
Fire Blast
Close Combat
Vacuum Wave
Nasty Plot

As i said at the start he is here to do the Late Game Sweep. His Stab Attacks are very important for the Team and he provides Priority to stop a Empoleon Sweep a weakened Luke or Scizor and the now more present DD Tyranitar i even thought about changing Nasty Plot to Grass Knot since Infernape is often too Frail to get the boost reliably.

So that is it,
as is said i was pretty successful with the Team. though there are weaknesses to several Pokes namely Breloom, Bronzong and SD Scizor.

Have fun rating my Team or give me hints how too improve it, thanks in advance

Hey Burning Man,

Not bad of a team I must say pretty well built, But it needs a few suggestions to even more successful. First On Metagross I don't know if you know this but you're missing 8 Speed EVs on Metagross which could be really crucial against other Metagross Leads so you if it's just a mistake or if you didn't know you should add the 8 missing speed EVs. A minor nitpick to add you might want to add priority to Metagross and replace Earthquake and put Bullet punch instead since you got 2 other things on your team that could provide that kind of downtime by using a ground attack if you don't have it also, Bullet punch could get rid of many Suicide leads like Aerodactyl or Azelf a bunch of stuff that still could cause damage to Metagross when it doesn't have the priority to finish them off, so try out Bullet punch in replace of Earthquake since I don't see it being that big of a problem since 2 other things on your team could fix that.On Skarmory you might want to put Shed Shell in replace of Leftovers since Magnezone could just take Skarmory off this planet and try to setup on it with ease, from what I see spikes is pretty important on your team so you wouldn't wanting to be taking that risk so you might want to try Shed Shell in replace of Leftovers.

Now the offensive threats I see on this team is common Dragon Dancers namely Gyarados and Salamence and especially when Metagross is out and down, which will be common since you'll probably use it early in the game to explode on something. So what I recommend to fix this horrific problem is you trying out Scarf Latias it provides many uses rather then being specs since you won't be able to get swept easily by Dragon Dancers and you already have a strong Special attacker that'll work out well. So try out Choice scarf rather then Choice specs. The other thing that's quite wierd you have a modest nature Latias, you definitely want to put Timid since you'll get outspeed by things especially Pokemons that are Base 100 speed.

What I also noticed in your team is that you might want to try a Anti-Spinner, since when you're stacking all those spikes it can easily go to waste when a Rapid spinner comes in and just ruins it all for you so you might want to try a Rotom-H variation in replace of Gliscor from what I see it's the weakest link on your team currently, Maybe want to try out the Rest talking set and it could also deal with that plausible idea of Breloom causing a little damage with your team but with Rotom being a Rest talker it won't be much of a problem. So here's the set you might want to try out:

Rotom-H @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Nature:252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Moveset: Thunderbolt / Shadow Ball, Will-O-Wisp, Rest, Sleep Talk

Explanation of the set: Thunderbolt could be used again some Bulky waters namely Gyarados and Vaporeon etc, plus it's Rotoms strongest stab move, so not a loss there. Another option of an attack you can run is Shadow ball if you really see Ghost types annoying and also an idea if you want to deal with Breloom. Will-O-Wisp is used to cripple common switchins on Rotom and most physical attacks namely Tyranitar, Scizor etc. Rest and Sleep talk is pretty self explanatory provides the use of recoverying full Hit points and then being able to have a possible chance of using some of your moves while you're asleep.

Lastly on Infernape you might want to try Grass knot in replace of Vacuum Wave since if you have that combo NP Mixape could late game sweep most things especially since all the time Bulky waters usually come on Ape thinking that'll be good idea, but when they figure out it NP'd they wished they never switched out. So yeah you might just want to try it again.

Plus the things you listed a problem as a theat really isn't..Bronzong will get walled by Skarmory so will Scizor so they can't do anything pretty much. Breloom will probably spore a Pokemon then you can go out to Latias or Gliscor try to take out the substitute and if there's still a problem there just finish it off with Infernape but from what I'm seeing your team doesn't really get swept by the Pokemons that I listed above. But other then that good luck with your team in the future and hope my recommendation helped.

Aah nothing like staking up some entry hazards, stalling and then wtf? they used rapid spin, oh that sucks, my meta has already exploded and all.

Neaver stack 2 types of entry hazards without a spin blocker. Luckily rotom-h can easilly replace gliscor.

Tyranitar would really appreciate dragon dance, he will get the same speed, but with a boosted attack and the ability to change moves. Which means he can sweep, and with spikes support he is pretty deadly.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Rapid spinners are not really a problem since rotom-a exists and not many people are using them anymore, just because he makes spinning so hard, if there is one i can usually take him out and spike up again though the loss of stealth rock hurts if metagross already exploded. Another thing is dont want to replace gliscor, because so many teams are struggeling against him and he is the only one that can use taunt on this team wich helps in so many situations espacially against other stall teams.

Magnezone isnt that common anymore too and missing leftovers recovery in the majority of matches really hurts skarmory espacially if i use brave bird.

Choice Scarf on Latias is a good idea to stop DDs but i would still keep modest since most of the things that outspeed and threaten latias are handeld by Ttar.

Bullet Punch on Metagross is a good idea i will definitely try this one out. 8 Speed EVs are used just forgot to write them.

I used Grass Knot over Vacuum Wave at beginning but Vacuum Wave proved to be way more useful since Infernape is so frail and almost any neutral attack can take him out after 2 rounds of LO recoil and SS damage so any scarfed foe could take him out thats the reason why i thought about removing NP, because i really struggle finding a free turn to use it though dont having the option too boost could be sucks too :/

anyways thanks for the help guys i will keep all that in mind.

Starmie is on 12% of teams the most used item list, and her most common set is rapid spin. So every 10 teams you face you loose your spikes. Rotom can reliably counter starmie.

Magnezone is on 9.1 % of teams. So yes magnezone is still popular.

Choice scarf latias is pursuit bait, and is beaten by the common scarf tyranitar. Scarf latias' time is up, she is too easily pursuited after a dracco meteor. So keep specs, but I would use a timid nature, as it gives you 350 speed, outspeeding hp fire latias, and hp fire gengar. As well as salamence, and some gyrados after a dragon dance. The extra attack doesn't help much, you still 2hko scizor and tyranitar with dracco meteor.

You are going to need to re-arrange your team to fit in a gyrados and salamance counter that is not trapped by the two most common pokemon in the game, scizor and tyranitar. Personally I suggest leading with tyranitar and giving metagross a shucca berry, this allows him to counter gyrados and salamence. With explosion/thunder punch, or meteor mash respectively.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Starmie is ScarfTar bait so i loose my Spikes once and can usually spike up again if she uses rapid spin on the first turn, but most players just launch a surf/hydro pump/t- bolt wich ttar can easily survive while koing back with pursuit or crunch.

Yeah magnezone is really coming back again and your right about that i am going to use shed shell now.

I dont wanna lead with Ttar because he loses against the most leads except for azelf. Shucca Berry Metagross would be an idea but there are really better counters.

I decided to now lead with a Scarf Jirachi:

Jirachi@Choice Scarf
EVs:4HP 252ATK 252Spe
Nature: Jolly
Stealth Rock
T-Punch
Ironhead
Trick

Dunno if i could replace Trick with U-Turn since i wanna keep the scarf till i am sure there is no DD in the Team but crippeling a defensive Pokemon with scarf can be so useful...

I am also trying to sweep late game with Empoleon but it seems i get walled too much by blissey.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi BurningMan,

Your team currently revolves around entry hazards quite a bit, and yet you have no Rapid Spin blocker. At the moment, your team is also hurt quite badly by Dragon Dance Gyarados, the only Pokemon you have who can stand a chance against it being Latias. An easy way to fix this would be to replace your Gliscor with Rotom-H. I would definitely say that Gliscor is the weak link in your team; he plays no separate role from any of your other Pokemon, and doesn't work particularly well with them. For instance, Gliscor is primarily used as a Swords Dance Lucario check, but you already have ScarfTar for that. Rotom-H, on the other hand, is not only a great Spin blocker, but also a great DDDos counter/check. Try out this set:

Rotom-H @ Leftovers | Levitate
Bold nature | 252 HP | 120 Def | 136 SpD
Thunderbolt | Will-O-Wisp | Rest | Sleep Talk

A normal RestTalker Rotom-H. This will allow you to deal with physical attackers just as easily as Gliscor (thanks to Will-O-Wisp), but has all of the aforementioned benefits as well for your team to enjoy.

Anyway, I notice in the post above mine you say you are leading with a Scarf Jirachi now, but I encourage you to stick with Metagross; it allows you to more easily beat a higher number of leads.

Something I think you could try your hand at is a Taunt Skarmory set. I don't really think that Specially Defensive Skarm is very necessary on your team, as you already have Latias to soak up all of the special attacks that will commonly be aimed at Skarmory (Thunderbolt, Fire Blast) with her high Special Defense. Taunt Skarmory can set up on Pokemon who it has problems with. It can also stop cocky Pokemon on the opposing team from setting up, such as DDDos and DDMence (who you're pretty weak to). You should try this set:

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Impish nature | 252 HP | 72 Def | 184 Spe
Taunt | Spikes | Whirlwind | Roost

Shed Shell helps more against Magnezone, who is becoming more common. The EVs are to outspeed Adamant 252 Spe Tyranitar, but since those aren't too common, you can elect to ditch the additional Speed and filter it into Defense for some better overall physical bulk.

As far as more minor changes go, give Metagross Bullet Punch over Earthquake. This will allow you to pick off suicide leads like Azelf and Aerodactyl much more easily, and you already have Pokemon who can cover all of the threats Earthquake takes out.

One last thing, if you make any changes to your team, please edit the OP to reflect said changes; it makes it easier on other raters.

Good luck! ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)