OU - Need help

Hi all, Second RMT, my last was a pretty poor team that was mainly just a "follow other good players team and steal them" while this one while it may share some common pokes, is more of my own with my own thoughts and feelings and reasoning put in to the team and the selection of the pokes them selves. Ive been playing on pokemon online for quite some time, made a few teams, one i got to top 100 of PO but then chandelure hit uber there and couldnt find a replacement =P. but enough of old teams, lets begin with the new, so here it is

The Lead
Infernape @Focus Sash
Ability - Blaze
EV's 64 Atk, 252 Sp Atk, 192 Spd
Nature - Naive
Close Combat
Fire Blast
Grass knot
Stealth Rock

So this one took me awhile, but upon choosing has served me well and does what i want, the main purpose of this team is to set up for my final excadrill sweep, and as such enemy weather poses a problem, and i found running t-tar lead, it was more annoying to defeat polotoed and ninetales as either would switch out straight away if there weather was up. so i wanted a poke that could kill them, BUT the enemy would think about staying in to kill me, and APE does that, The CC is to destroy ninetales, Fire Blast is just standard stab and Grass Knot is to Kill politoeds who stay in and think they can kill me with surf, and once they are out of the way, and the enemy weather abuser is down, it makes way for...

The Destoyer
Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability - Sand Stream
EV's Atk 252 Spd 252 4 HP
Nature - Adament
Dragon Dance
Crunch
Fire Punch
Stone Edge

Absolutley Required a sand summoner and i choose the good old reliable t-tar, i usually played with boah as its a personal favourite of mine, but i needed something that early can start hitting holes and chunks out of the enemy team to begin to weaken the enemy for the late game sweep with excadrill, The reason behind chople berry, is through my own person experience, i've noticed a rise in Mach Punch Priority ruining peoples sweeps, and it has ruined me several times and i got sick of it, and changed LO for the berry and it has paid of ohh so well since the change. And Fire Punch was chosen because Ferrothorn has been seen alot, and i see them switch in on t-tar quite often aswell as skarmory.

The Threat Killer
Magnazone @ Choice Specs
Ability - Magnut Pull
EV's 252 Sp Atk 252 Spd 4 HP
Nature - Timid
ThunderBolt
HP Fire
Flash Cannon
Signal Beam

This was originally a Scarf Magnazone, but it lacked the power to 1HKO skarmory and ferrothorn with T-Bolt and HP Fire respectively, who if they were not dealt with straight away could t-wave and ruin the scarf on my zone or WhirlWind and switch away from me. the reason this is so important is because both these pokes are vital to get out of the way for the excadrill sweep as Both the pokes cause havoc to excadrill and can stop it dead.

2nd Destoyer
Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability - Intimidate
EV's 252 Sp Atk 252 Spd 4 Atk
Nature - Naive
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Draco Meteor
Fire Blast

I Trialled this position to a DD Gyarados, but it didnt feel right and after talking to a mate decided on using Salamence, and boy has it served me well, switch out, lead with DD, have them switch to physical wall, BAM Draco Meteor, Bam Fire Blast. it has been quite useful and a nice addition to the team.

3rd Destoryer
Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability - Technician
EV's 4 HP 252 Atk 252 Spd
Nature - Adament
Swords Dance
Mach Punch
Spore
Seed Bomb

The Main reason this was chosen was because i needed something to counter enemy Jolly Excadrills who have the SD up and the stab technician mach punch is exactly what is needed, the SD is for if i bring the loom out early in the battle and hurt the enemy with seedbomb, and spore is teh good ol faithful 100% sleep move we all love and hate.

The Reason behind the team
Excadrill @ Air Ballon
Ability - Sand Rush
EV's 4 HP 252 Atk 252 Speed
Nature - Adament
Swords Dance
EarthQuake
Rock Slide
X-Scissor

The reason the whole team was made, was for this, it is such a beast in the sand as i'm sure you all have seen and feared and loved. The reason behind the item and nature choice. With Jolly i found lacked the power i needed but being adament with LO i would always loose to jolly excadrill who could out speed, so i went for adament to get the needed power boost, but chose ballon as teh item so LO Jolly Excadrill who switch in on mine, thinking they will be faster and kill me, switch in and i can kill them with EQ provided they dont get a lucky flinch with rock slide when the break my ballon, which so far hasn't happened, but i fear the day that it does.

The Problems so Far

Ballon Heatran was a bit of a probem if they held onto it to the end, and saved it to counter my Excadrill. And machamps i do tend to just hate.
Thunderus are also gay, they swithc in and t-twave my mence or t-tar and really hurt them which has happened a few times and i do feel the pain.

My main Reason for posting this is, i feel like the team is alright, but i am unsure of teh Breloom and the magnezone, but i requie the latter, its the move set i am a tad unsure of. Any and all help would be appreciated, Thanks in advance. I also have a bit of a gliscor Problem, but i can find a poke to fit an ice move onto or one to replace that wouldn't leave me a hole in my team

Goonbagfrenzy

P.S Sorry for wall of text, would of added pics, but im a forum noob, and dont know how =P

P.P.S Please be kind on my spelling and Grammar, i know i suck my bad

If you're going for trapping steels, use a Substitute/Charge Beam/Thunderbolt/HP Ice coverage. Sub blocks status, Charge Beam to up your Sp. Atk, and Tbolt/HP Ice for pseudo bolt-beam coverage.

This works especially well on Ferrothorn, as you can easily hit +6 with NVE Charge Beam, and then attempt a sweep with Magnezone.

What natue and EV's do you reccomend? Left overs and the EV's i have, or have it as a bulky set and use the charge beam as my damage increase?

grass knot is useless on infernape. It has a measly 60 BP vs politoed. Just use close combat, you'll probably 2hko politoed with it.

e: checked the damage calcs, you won't 2kho 252/4 politoed with that ev spread. You should put a lot more evs in attack.

Magnezone is a great anti-ferrothorn pokemon, although it is unlikely they will let you do anything to them b/c of team view. If they leech seed magnezone on the switch, you won't be able to kill with just bolt/beam, and even hp fire will be useless if it's raining.

but how much would GKnot do to politoed with the same ev's and mien the same even with the low BP? ( dont know how or where to do damage calcs)

but how much would GKnot do to politoed with the same ev's and mien the same even with the low BP? ( dont know how or where to do damage calcs)
Politoed is usually built with max hp/sdef, so he can shrug off your grass knots like nothing. I think maybe a 6HKO after leftovers healing? It's 5 or 6, don't really think it's necessary to get exact #s at this point.

You have to understand that close combat has an effective 180 BP after STAB, while grass knot has an effective BP of 120 after super effective damage. That + the fact that politoeds are more specially bulky, means there is no reason to use grass knot on one.

uh kay, well thanks for that, how many ev's are needed to make CC a 2hko, and what move do you recommend in place of Grass Knot then? just go with fake out? or u-turn?

If my calcs are correct, you need 128 attack EVs to guarantee a 2HKO (192 if he has leftovers), though any amount has the possibility to 2HKO.

Scald is guaranteed to hit you to your sash though, so up to you to decide whether or not it's worth it.

Focus sash leads are pretty rare this gen, so go with u-turn. Lets you do a lot of damage to deoxys leads.

Hmm. A big weakness of your team is Mamoswine. Can basiclly solo your whole team once your suicide lead suicides.

@above Brelooms Mach Punch rips mamoswine to pieces and Excadrill wrecks it with Earthquake too. In fact, thanks to the balloon and Drills reasonable bulk, Swine could even be a free Swords Dance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)