Project OU Next Best Thing: Cycle 87 - Not hosted anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion
Blunder Policy by Tio Chico
because I was sniped.
Seriously speaking, Blunder Policy allows Dracozolt to use Hustle instead of Sand Rush+LO.

Last edited:
I'm surprised that nobody posted a Choice Band set.
I'd like to thank everyone for the feedback of this weekly set: I'm totally on fire.

Egor : Am I allowed to ask you if Choice items (and AV) are going to be softbanned from this threat unless a good-quality explation is written as it happens in other sub-forums?
Or is needed a regular explanation now ad forever?

TailGlowVM

Now 100% more demonic
I'm surprised that nobody posted a Choice Band set.
I'd like to thank everyone for the feedback of this weekly set: I'm totally on fire.

Egor : Am I allowed to ask you if Choice items (and AV) are going to be softbanned from this threat unless a good-quality explation is written as it happens in other sub-forums?
Or is needed a regular explanation now ad forever?
It's only UU that banned them, so I don't think this forum has any reason to.

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion
:ss/dracozolt:

HUGE HUGE HUGE apologies for abandoning the project for such a long time :( But the voting is finally concluded! By its results, the winner of the Cycle 48 is Assault Vest by nameless90. Congratulations! Your submission will be added to the Hall of Fame soon.

Also answering your question: personally I hardly see Choice items and Assault Vest an issue which requires a softban. Yeah I get the logic behind that, these four items are very simple and slappable on almost any Pokemon, but anyway they will win only if are actually cool there, and ideally every set is to have a well-written explanation.

Now, let the next Cycle begin!

Cycle Forty Nine - Bisharp
:ss/bisharp:

In a metagame lacking of answers to Ghosts, Bisharp stands out as a solid offensive countermeasure to them: its typing allows it to eat multiple Shadow Balls and retaliate with a powerful Knock Off. Access to Sucker Punch is also a notable trait, somewhat making up for Bisharp's poor Speed tier and enabling it to perform as a revenge killer. While the old good Swords Dance set meets some usage, Choice Band is a relatively new trend now - it lets Bisharp punish the opponent early-game the hardest thanks to not needing a setup. So, we encourage you guys to show your own hot takes on this Pokemon!

Banned Sets
:choice band:|:black glasses:|:life orb:

The deadline is Sunday 25th of April. Good luck!​

TailGlowVM

Now 100% more demonic
Stealth Rock Bisharp

:ss/bisharp:
Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Did you know Bisharp learns Stealth Rock? I don't know why it should when Flygon and Gastrodon don't, but never mind. Anyway, what makes Bisharp unique among Stealth Rock setters is that it can deter Defog attempts in a different way to usual thanks to its ability. The other moves are straightforward choices.

Last edited:
Introduction:
Bisharp is a prominent and powerful attacker in the OU metagame. It is gifted with an excellent 120 base attack stat, good offensive typing, powerful STAB moves, and a good ability in Defiant. However, its main drawback is its crippling 70 speed. This set aims to help solve that problem, as well as catch the enemy off guard. Introducing:
DOUBLE DANCE BISHARP
:ss/bisharp: :black glasses:
Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

Set Details:
Now armed with both Swords Dance and Rock Polish, Bisharp's now able to consistently break and punch large holes in both offensive and defensive teams.
Rock Polish boosts Bisharp's very mediocre speed to a very frightening level. With +2, Bisharp can outspeed Dragapult, Zeraora, and even Jolly Scarf Lando-T. Pair that frightening boosted speed tier with Swords Dance, and Bisharp's now able to OHKO the entire OU metagame, sparing only Knock Off resistant Pokemon such as Buzzwole, Urshifu, and Tapu Fini (still 2HKOed by Iron Head). The rest of the set is pretty self-explanatory. STAB Knock Off paired with Black Glasses give Bisharp a powerful way of cleaning, and STAB Iron Head is for fairies that get in the way. The EV spread allows Bisharp to outspeed most threats and deal the most damage at the same time.

Team Options:
:ss/landorus-therian: :ss/toxapex: :ss/slowbro:

Bisharp appreciates hazard setters such as Toxapex and Landorus-T to lure out Defoggers. Both Lando-T and Toxapex also resist Fighting, Bisharp's 4x weakness. Lando-T can help with the Ground weakness while Toxapex can help with the Fire weakness.

On the other hand, Slowbro forces out Fighting types with a Future Sight and Teleports out, allowing Bisharp to set-up.

this took me too long to do :\
That's all! Hope you enjoyed reading :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)