OU Non-Weather RMT (first RMT)

Intro
I've been playing pokemon for a couple years now, since yellow came out and I have just recently learned about semi-competitive pokemon, and I'm loving it. I've been dabbling on the PO servers trying to make some decent teams and this is wat I came up with, It's roughly based on stuff I saw on youtube and some advice from my friend who's been playing semi-competitive pokemon longer than me
(this is my first ever RMT so go easy :p)

Team

Azelf @Focus Sash
Levitate
Timid (+Speed -Attack)
255 Speed, 255 Sp Atk
Stealth Rock
Nasty Plot
Flamethrower
Pyschic

I've been experimenting with leads alot, and found that an Azelf is pretty decent, I've been able to either set up rocks or use nasty and begin an sweep attempt. I chose flamethrower to deal with the common suspects: Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Forretress.

Gengar @Choice Scarf
Levitate
Timid (+Speed -Attack)
255 Speed, 255 Sp Atk
Shadow Ball
Sludge Bomb
Pyschic
Thunderbolt

I didn't really like Gengar that much, but I think it fits pretty well into my team, It's decently fast without a choice scarf but I figured it would be better to use one. It's got pretty decent coverage, but I definitley need advice on what moves to use

Rotom-W @Lum Berry / Chesto Berry
Levitate
Bold (+Defence -Attack)
255 HP, 255 Defence
Hydro Pump
Thunderbolt
Will-O-Wisp
Rest

My physical tank, I only just found out about the awesomeness that is Rotom-W just recently, It's stab moves can do a pretty solid ammount of damage without any investment in Sp Atk. The main thing I like to do is burn phys sweepers that threaten my team like Chomp, Dnite and Excadrill. And I can rest off damage safely with either a Lum or Chesto berry.

Snorlax @Lum Berry / Chesto Berry
Thick Fat
Careful (+ Sp Def - Sp Atk)
255 HP, 151 Defence, 104 Special Defence
Body Slam
Earthquake
Crunch
Rest

I love snorlax, It's been one of my favorite pokes since first gen.. Love its ability to easily handle special attacks and then do some serious damage to pokemon like gengar, alakazam and blissey. I'm not really sure what would be a better set for this guy, But I am sure someone can help me :p

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Huge Power
Adamant (+Attack -Sp Attack)
255 HP, 255 Attack
Aqua Jet
Waterfall
Brick Break
Return

Personally I love azumarill, it already has pretty decent bulk so I figured i'd go for a more offensive variant running huge power, adamant nature and a choice band for maximum damage. It does really great damage to alot of the regular Sandstorm pokes with its STAB aqua jet or waterfall, and is able to take a couple hits without fainting.

Medicham @Choice Scarf
Huge Power
Jolly (+Speed -Attack)
255 Attack, 255 Speed
Drain Punch
Fire Punch
Ice Punch
Hi Jump Kick

What, an NU poke? Am I crazy? But in all seriousness medicham with a choice scarf can do some serious damage, hitting about 450 speed and 430 attack it can do some serious damage with its STAB hi jump kick, or it can swap in and drain punch to get some HP back.

I chose to run 3 special attacking pokes and 3 physical pokes for the symmetry that I always seem to need, But I think it's a pretty decent team all in all :)

I guess this is it, feel free to tell me how bad my move sets or decisions are 'cuz I'm a noob xD

regards, Adamant Magikarp

** If I need more explanation/detail I can do so

Azelf - You should have Taunt, unless you really don't care if your opponent sets up Stealth Rock.
Gengar - I suggest you change your nature to Modest, and for moves use Shadow Ball | Focus Blast | Trick/Thunderbolt | HPice/HPfire/Psychic. Added replacement near the bottom.
Rotom-W - replace Lum Berry with Leftovers, and Rest with Pain Split. It only takes a turn or two for sweepers to set up, and any player will take advantage of your pokemon being asleep.
Snorlax - take one EV from HP and put it in Def. I don't know what set to use for Snorlax, but I guess a set like Adamant Nature, Thick Fat, 252 HP 252 Spdef, 4 atk with a moveset of Curse | Return | Rest | EQ/Crunch can work.
Azumarill - replace Brick Break with Superpower.
Medicham - I never use him so I dunno, but set seems good. Added a replacement for him below

And as for threats, Conkeldurr will run through your team, unless you put Psychic on Gengar, but if you don't have HP fire, Scizor would have an easy time. Salamence with a DD will also.

Putting a steel type on your team will help you, since you have no Pokemon that can take an Outrage/Draco Meteor. I suggest you put a Genesect on your team over your Medicham, and here's the set - Genesect | Download | Choice Scarf | Naive Nature | 252 Spatk / 252 Spd / 4 def | U-turn / Flamethrower / Ice Beam / Thunderbolt. It'll keep the momentum, take the dragon attacks, and either U-turn for Draco Meteors or Ice Beam for Outragers. To keep your symmetry you have, you can replace your Gengar with a Gliscor, since it will help your Conkeldurr problem. Again, here's the set : Gliscor | Poison Heal | Toxic Orb | Jolly | 252 atk / 252spd / 4 atk | Swords Dance | EQ | Ice Fang/Facade | Taunt/Protect

I would take sludge bomb and psychic off of Gengar and replace with giga drain and focus blast.

EDIT: I would also change snorlax to adamant @leftovers with 252 HP/252 Attk/4 Def with the moves

EQ
Return/Body Slam
Crunch
Selfdestruct

I can tell youre new to pokemon and might want to check out battling 101 to learn more about it. There is no reason for 255 in a stat because it only makes adifference up to 252 so use 252/252/4 instead of 255/255. You barely talk about how your pokemon fit well together and it sorta seems like you just threw a bunchof sets that work well on their own, onto a team.

I can tell youre new to pokemon and might want to check out battling 101 to learn more about it. There is no reason for 255 in a stat because it only makes adifference up to 252 so use 252/252/4 instead of 255/255. You barely talk about how your pokemon fit well together and it sorta seems like you just threw a bunchof sets that work well on their own, onto a team.
Didn't know it only made a difference up to 255, jeez I feel like a noob.

Anyways I've fixed it up abit and I am currently sitting at about 1350 / 50,000 on the Pokemon online server, thanks for the help, and keep it coming!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)