OU Rain with Skewda, Kingdra, (No more arch boo hoo)

Just an interesting rain team I made, rain is way harder now without Archaludon, would like some help to compensate not having him anymore.
1709081348891.png

Pelipper (F) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Hurricane
- Surf
- U-turn
- Roost
Pelipper is obviously the best rain setter currently in OU. Super normal rain setter set from Showdown, damp rock tera flying. U-turn for some momentum and to get out once rain is set, Hurricane that cant miss and tera flying to boost it a little bit. Bulky EVs for longer field time and more appearances (with roost).

Barraskewda (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Flip Turn
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet
Typical choice band rain sweeper Barraskewda set. Opted for tera water instead of fight because I probably wont even be using my fighting moves very much, given that tera water Skewda in the rain using boosted rain moves can OHKO things that resist it. Typical moves you see on this type of Skewda, Liquidation for strong STab water attacks, Flip-Turn for precocious momentum, CC for ground types that can OHKO Skewda, and Aqua, which sucks to lock into but is goo to have sometimes.

Tornadus-Therian @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 80 SpD / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Bleakwind Storm
- Heat Wave
- Knock Off
- U-turn
Torn-T has always been on rain teams as a pivot. Im using an old set from I think BW. Its always been good on rain, it can resist grass types wich suck for rain teams, and fire back with the ultra useful Heat-Wave. Invested in SpA and Spe, as pivot Torn always is. Boots because its a flying type, Regenerator because it will be coming in and out a fair amount, and Tera fire for when heat wave needs some extra umph. Knock for taking items, UT for momentum, Storm because it cant miss in rain.

Iron Treads @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Steel Beam
- Earth Power
You see a lot of these Treads on rain teams because it a spinner, but the ground-steel typing lends itself well the the rain archetype. The ghost tera destroys any opposing fighting types that are boosted and do not expect the tera or think they get some free damage. Treads can also deal with fairys, which is a bit of an issue with this team, and can switch in on things like Enam, Primerina, and Hat. Pretty standard removal set with booster speed.

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Weather Ball
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Flip Turn
Kingdra is an absolute classic on rain teams. I chose it to be my special sweeper, with crazy strong Weather Ball and Draco. This is a standard sweeper Kingdra set, specs for some extra damage to kill bulkier threats, and the moves are all incredibly elf-exploratory. Kingdra is just a super solid rain breaker and sweeper.

Virizion @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Justified
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Bullet Seed
- Leaf Blade
- Zen Headbutt
I wasn't sure about the last mon to add but I decided on Virizion to check any water types on the other side that I couldn't damage. Because fire moves are super weak in the rain, and Virizions natural bulk, it fits in pretty well. I built this set, and decided to go for an Atk Virizion, I thought dice bullet seed woud be super cool. CC for coverage and stab, Leaf Blade for an extra grass move (Don't really need it?), and Zen for some extra coverage. I invested in HP to make Virizion a little more bulky and Atk to make it actually hit. You might think that this is a horrible add, but I actually like it quite a bit, and is the only Pokemon that really fills the role as a bulky, but strong physical Attacker

Attachments

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
I think Ogrepon-Wellspring would be a decent replacement for Virizion as it helps against other water types as well as being way stronger and a bit faster than Virizion. Its also decently good on rain.

VicBossMG

MGS enthusiast
is an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributor
I have some suggestions,

Tera Type: Water/ground
EVs: 140 HP / 112 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Weather Ball/tera blast

It really doesn’t need for Bleakwind Storm when you’ll have rain and hurricane is always accurate as well and hits harder while getting a chance to confuse and giving a little bulk can be better since you can NP on force switches and weather ball can help if the weather changes too, but gives you a water move at 100 BSP and u turn obviously for pivoting. I also suggest Tera blast ground if you need an immediate answer to raging bolt as +2 OHKOs it.

+2 112 SpA Tera Ground Tornadus-Therian Tera Blast (80 BP) vs. 64 HP / 0 SpD Raging Bolt: 458-540 (112.5 - 132.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO uninvested is a 2HKO.

Over Virizion I would suggest wellspring as it has water absorb vs walking wake and can force them to guess to draco or Steam

Ogerpon-Wellspring (F) @ Wellspring Mask
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ivy Cudgel
- Swords Dance
- Trailblaze/horn leech/power whip
- Play Rough/encore/knock off

Depending on what you want it can cover the grass match up while also having utility in encore and knock off or be a potential sweeper with trail blaze and play rough for dragons. Just depends on what you prefer.

I think you should drop kingdra as you really are weak to late game gambit sucker punch an option is your own gambit and the rain set it uses is:

Kingambit @ Air Balloon
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Fairy/fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Kowtow Cleave/iron head
- Swords Dance
- Tera Blast/low kick
- Sucker Punch

Tera fairy with jolly can outspeed adamant gambits and can OHKO after a +2 and also gives makes you faster then 200 speed corv and Skarm while also helping with dragons. If you happen to run this set you can definitely put knock off on wellspring to have a knock off user. Also you can go low kick to kill opposing gambits if gambit and OHKO some people like iron head, low kick, sucker, SD and some like kowtow, low kick, sucker, SD. I believe all three of these are viable to use and if you prefer Tera blast on only one Pokemon like Tornadus-T. Air balloon just gives you a ground immunity vs tusk, but Lum berry or lefties can be used as well.

+2 252 Atk Supreme Overlord 5 allies fainted Tera Fairy Kingambit Tera Blast (80 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Kingambit: 343-405 (100.5 - 118.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Lastly I feel having steel beam on treads is a waste as it is a switch in on Raging Bolt who will give you trouble in the long run. I would suggest this:

Iron Treads @ eject pack
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch
- Earth Power

Eject pack works wonders as you can freely throw it in on a attack it can tank and get a quick pivot while volt switch also keeps you your teams momentum, but you can still go booster energy as well. Having this around will always be nice vs bolt so it can freely spam draco or dragon pulse while is also checks it or forces Tera with earth power.

Miyoko

Nature lover
is an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributor
Hi mate, I can help u improve ur rain team. I hope my rating would be much helpful to u. Btw try providing pokepaste and ladder peaks of the teams, replays and potential threads to the team as well.

Needed Changes
1) :raging bolt: / :ogerpon-wellspring --> :virizion:
I dont think virizion can put in work at all in rain teams. Instead using strong options like Ogerpon-wellspring or Raging bolt is very helpful under rain. It also adds priority to ur team for sweeping late game which is pretty useful. My suggested set is :-
:sv/ogerpon-wellspring: :wellspring mask:
Jolly Nature
- Ivy Cudgel
- Swords Dance / Taunt / U-Turn
- Trailblaze / Horn Leech / Power Whip
- Play Rough / Encore / Knock Off / Low Kick
U turn helps to keep momentum, sd means set up sweep, taunt blocks sweep, ivy cudgel is common in oger, trailblaze for speed sweep, power whip / horn leech r not to set up sweep but r strong grass coverage, encore locks oppo, knock off removes oppo's items and Low kick is for gambit.

Raging bolt is another good option in place of virizion that focuses on spatking sweep. It can set up and take advantage of weather ball + thunder to sweep oppo. It also has access to Thunder clap for priority. I like using this mon in rain teams a lot. My suggested set is :-
:sv/raging bolt: :booster energy:
(Raging Bolt) @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Hidden Power: Fighting
Tera Type: Fairy
Timid Nature
IVs: 20 Atk
- Weather Ball / Thunder
- Dragon Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Thunderclap
This set aims to make use of rain in the best way. It has thunder coverage as well as weather ball coverage which means u kill lando and tusk as well. This thing is very strong. It hits very hard and is highly suggested by me to be used

2) Hurricane :tornadus-therian: --> Bleakwind Storm :tornadus-therian:
Choice specs Hurricane can kill anything and everything with ease. Pair it with Focus blast / Grass knot or nasty plot if HDB, it becomes a monster and weather ball is ofc fire. I suggest u to run any of the two sets. My suggested sets are :-
:sv/tornadus-therian: :heavy duty boots:
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Weather Ball
:sv/tornadus-therian: :choice specs:
Tornadus-Therian @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Weather Ball

3) U can also change :tornadus-therian: into :zapdos: / :thundurus-therian:
Instead of using tornadus, other options can be :zapdos: Zapdos and Thundurus-Therian :thundurus-therian:. My suggested sets would have choice specs zapdos / thundy and hdb zapdos / thundy. My suggested sets are :-
:sv/thundurus-therian: :choice specs:
Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Tera Blast
- Grass Knot
- Thunder
:sv/thundurus-therian: :heavy duty boots:
Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Tera Type: Electric
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast
:sv/zapdos: :heavy duty boots: / :choice specs:
Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Choice Specs
Ability: Static
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Hurricane
- Volt Switch
- Roost / Tera Blast

4) Change :booster energy: into :eject button: on :iron treads:
Eject button is a very useful item in rain / sun / sand / hail (any weather teams) as it provides easy switching to any of the team mates. For sun teams, best eject button user is Hatterene and for rain teams the best user is Iron Treads. So run this item, this block ur oppo from u turning out and also provides u with reliable switching by taking no extra damage on sweepers. I think VicBossMG tried to tell u eject button but wrote eject pack by mistake. My suggested set is :-
:sv/iron treads: :eject button:
Iron Treads @ Eject Button
EVs: 116 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earth Power
- Steel Beam

5) Alternative options
:sv/maushold: :wide lens:
Maushold @ Wide Lens
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Tidy Up
- Population Bomb
- Bite
- Encore
:sv/greninja: :choice specs: / :life orb:
Greninja @ Life Orb / Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump / Surf
- Dark Pulse
- Grass Knot
- Water Shuriken / U-Turn
:sv/braviary-hisui: :choice specs:
Braviary-Hisui @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Esper Wing
- Psyshock
- Defog
:sv/clefable: :life orb: / :leftovers:
Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Wish / Moonlight
- Thunder / Protect
:sv/overqwil: :choice band:
(Overqwil) (M) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Liquidation
- Gunk Shot
- Crunch
:sv/primarina: :heavy duty boots:
Primarina @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 80 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Moonblast
- Psychic Noise / Draining Kiss
:sv/kingambit: :black glasses: / :leftovers:
Kingambit @ Black Glasses / Leftovers
Tera Type: Flying / Ghost / Fighting
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Kowtow Cleave
- Low Kick / Iron Head
Conclusion
Overall, the team looks fine. U can avoid the alternative options part since its not a change and i tried mentioning other mons that fits well with this team but surely give a look at the changes that I mentioned. I hoe u will understand these things and if u have any doubt / query feel free to question me by tagging. Good luck laddering and Thank you!
:sv/mew: Bye :sv/mew:

Hi mate, I can help u improve ur rain team. I hope my rating would be much helpful to u. Btw try providing pokepaste and ladder peaks of the teams, replays and potential threads to the team as well.

Needed Changes
1) :raging bolt: / :ogerpon-wellspring --> :virizion:
I dont think virizion can put in work at all in rain teams. Instead using strong options like Ogerpon-wellspring or Raging bolt is very helpful under rain. It also adds priority to ur team for sweeping late game which is pretty useful. My suggested set is :-
:sv/ogerpon-wellspring: :wellspring mask:
Jolly Nature
- Ivy Cudgel
- Swords Dance / Taunt / U-Turn
- Trailblaze / Horn Leech / Power Whip
- Play Rough / Encore / Knock Off / Low Kick
U turn helps to keep momentum, sd means set up sweep, taunt blocks sweep, ivy cudgel is common in oger, trailblaze for speed sweep, power whip / horn leech r not to set up sweep but r strong grass coverage, encore locks oppo, knock off removes oppo's items and Low kick is for gambit.

Raging bolt is another good option in place of virizion that focuses on spatking sweep. It can set up and take advantage of weather ball + thunder to sweep oppo. It also has access to Thunder clap for priority. I like using this mon in rain teams a lot. My suggested set is :-
:sv/raging bolt: :booster energy:
(Raging Bolt) @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Hidden Power: Fighting
Timid Nature
IVs: 20 Atk
- Weather Ball / Thunder
- Dragon Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Thunderclap
This set aims to make use of rain in the best way. It has thunder coverage as well as weather ball coverage which means u kill lando and tusk as well. This thing is very strong. It hits very hard and is highly suggested by me to be used

2) Hurricane :tornadus-therian: --> Bleakwind Storm :tornadus-therian:
Choice specs Hurricane can kill anything and everything with ease. Pair it with Focus blast / Grass knot or nasty plot if HDB, it becomes a monster and weather ball is ofc fire. I suggest u to run any of the two sets. My suggested sets are :-
:sv/tornadus-therian: :heavy duty boots:
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Weather Ball
:sv/tornadus-therian: :choice specs:
Tornadus-Therian @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Weather Ball

3) U can also change :tornadus-therian: into :zapdos: / :thundurus-therian:
Instead of using tornadus, other options can be :zapdos: Zapdos and Thundurus-Therian :thundurus-therian:. My suggested sets would have choice specs zapdos / thundy and hdb zapdos / thundy. My suggested sets are :-
:sv/thundurus-therian: :choice specs:
Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Tera Blast
- Grass Knot
- Thunder
:sv/thundurus-therian: :heavy duty boots:
Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Tera Type: Electric
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast
:sv/zapdos: :heavy duty boots: / :choice specs:
Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Choice Specs
Ability: Static
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Hurricane
- Volt Switch
- Roost / Tera Blast

4) Change :booster energy: into :eject button: on :iron treads:
Eject button is a very useful item in rain / sun / sand / hail (any weather teams) as it provides easy switching to any of the team mates. For sun teams, best eject button user is Hatterene and for rain teams the best user is Iron Treads. So run this item, this block ur oppo from u turning out and also provides u with reliable switching by taking no extra damage on sweepers. I think VicBossMG tried to tell u eject button but wrote eject pack by mistake. My suggested set is :-
:sv/iron treads: :eject button:
Iron Treads @ Eject Button
EVs: 116 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earth Power
- Steel Beam

5) Alternative options
:sv/maushold: :wide lens:
Maushold @ Wide Lens
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Tidy Up
- Population Bomb
- Bite
- Encore
:sv/greninja: :choice specs: / :life orb:
Greninja @ Life Orb / Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump / Surf
- Dark Pulse
- Grass Knot
- Water Shuriken / U-Turn
:sv/braviary-hisui: :choice specs:
Braviary-Hisui @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Esper Wing
- Psyshock
- Defog
:sv/clefable: :life orb: / :leftovers:
Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Wish / Moonlight
- Thunder / Protect
:sv/overqwil: :choice band:
(Overqwil) (M) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Liquidation
- Gunk Shot
- Crunch
:sv/primarina: :heavy duty boots:
Primarina @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 80 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Moonblast
- Psychic Noise / Draining Kiss
:sv/kingambit: :black glasses: / :leftovers:
Kingambit @ Black Glasses / Leftovers
Tera Type: Flying / Ghost / Fighting
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Kowtow Cleave
- Low Kick / Iron Head
Conclusion
Overall, the team looks fine. U can avoid the alternative options part since its not a change and i tried mentioning other mons that fits well with this team but surely give a look at the changes that I mentioned. I hoe u will understand these things and if u have any doubt / query feel free to question me by tagging. Good luck laddering and Thank you!
:sv/mew: Bye :sv/mew:
Thanks for the suggestions, will definitely be using that bolt set, it looks super cool with weather ball (I havent really seen that it prolly OHKOs resists in rain so thats cool.) and will consider you other changes, thanks!

I have some suggestions,

Tera Type: Water/ground
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Weather Ball/tera blast

It really doesn’t need for Bleakwind Storm when you’ll have rain and hurricane is always accurate as well and hits harder while getting a chance to confuse and giving a little bulk can be better since you can NP on force switches and weather ball can help if the weather changes too, but gives you a water move at 100 BSP and u turn obviously for pivoting. I also suggest Tera blast ground if you need an immediate answer to raging bolt as +2 OHKOs it.

+2 112 SpA Tera Ground Tornadus-Therian Tera Blast (80 BP) vs. 64 HP / 0 SpD Raging Bolt: 458-540 (112.5 - 132.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO uninvested is a 2HKO.

Over Virizion I would suggest wellspring as it has water absorb vs walking wake and can force them to guess to draco or Steam

Jolly Nature
- Ivy Cudgel
- Swords Dance
- Trailblaze/horn leech/power whip
- Play Rough/encore/knock off

Depending on what you want it can cover the grass match up while also having utility in encore and knock off or be a potential sweeper with trail blaze and play rough for dragons. Just depends on what you prefer.

I think you should drop kingdra as you really are weak to late game gambit sucker punch an option is your own gambit and the rain set it uses is:

Kingambit @ Air Balloon
Tera Type: Fairy/fighting
Jolly Nature
- Kowtow Cleave/iron head
- Swords Dance
- Tera Blast/low kick
- Sucker Punch

Tera fairy with jolly can outspeed adamant gambits and can OHKO after a +2 and also gives makes you faster then 200 speed corv and Skarm while also helping with dragons. If you happen to run this set you can definitely put knock off on wellspring to have a knock off user. Also you can go low kick to kill opposing gambits if gambit and OHKO some people like iron head, low kick, sucker, SD and some like kowtow, low kick, sucker, SD. I believe all three of these are viable to use and if you prefer Tera blast on only one Pokemon like Tornadus-T. Air balloon just gives you a ground immunity vs tusk, but Lum berry or lefties can be used as well.

+2 252 Atk Supreme Overlord 5 allies fainted Tera Fairy Kingambit Tera Blast (80 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Kingambit: 343-405 (100.5 - 118.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Lastly I feel having steel beam on treads is a waste as it is a switch in on Raging Bolt who will give you trouble in the long run. I would suggest this:

Iron Treads @ eject pack
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch
- Earth Power

Eject pack works wonders as you can freely throw it in on a attack it can tank and get a quick pivot while volt switch also keeps you your teams momentum, but you can still go booster energy as well. Having this around will always be nice vs bolt so it can freely spam draco or dragon pulse while is also checks it or forces Tera with earth power.
Thanks for the suggestions, will definitely use you weather ball torn set and you treads set, thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)