A Closer Look:

Azelf @Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
252 Hp / 252 Spe / 4 Atk
~Stealth rocks
~Reflect
~Light Screen
~Explosion

Why?: I've given my Azelf a completely new moveset. I made him my first screener, after setting up rocks. Pretty much he uses stealth rocks, sets up one screen, and the other if he isnt dead yet. The reason i have him a sash instead of light clay is so he can for sure set up the rocks and more than likely one screen (considering he is faster than his opponent.) If he lives long enough to set up both screen's, explosion should get him a kill

Tyranitar @Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~Dragon Dance
~Crunch
~Stone Edge
~Earthquake
why?:After dragon dance, tyranitar should outspeed most pokemon, and if he can set up two dragon dances, nearly all(354 Spd with 1 D-Dance, 486 with 2). Also, with a dragon dance set up, his attack becomes 550 (734 with 2 D-Dances). With this, he becomes an amazing sweeper, and with his bulk, he can not only easily set up dragon dance, but survive a while to do some good damage. Crunch and stone edge are powerful STAB moves, and EQ takes care of many pokemon if for some reason Metagross cant.

Scizor @Leftovers
Adamant Nature
252 Atk / 244 Hp / 12 Spe
~Bullet Punch
~Superpower
~Roost
~Swords dance

Why?: After a swords dance, which shouldn't be hard to set up with screens, Scizor has an amazing 591 Atk. Bullet punch being his main attack, is STAB and gets a base power bonus due to technician. Also considering this attacking with priority, Scizors low speed doesn't matter. With this, he could be a great physical sweeper. Also, his defenses aren't bad, so he could make a good scout using U-Turn.

Metagross @Life Orb
Adamant Nature
252 Atk / 60 Hp / 196 Spd
~Agility
~Meteor Mash
~Earthquake
~Zen Headbutt

Why?: after agility, Metagross will have 420 speed, which will cause him to out speed most things. He also has a great 369 Attack. With his somewhat versatile move set and high speed and attack, he should be able to OHKO or 2HKO most foes. Also, his high defenses and allow him to last a while and whoop even more ass.

Cresselia @Light Clay
Bold Nature
252 Hp / 106 Def / 142 SpD / 8 Spe
~Reflect
~Light Screen
~Lunar Dance
~Psychic

Why?: Cresselia is pretty much pure support. It is one of the bulky-est pokemon that is allowed in OU, and unlike most screeners, she also has high health. It is almost certain that she will have time to set up the dual screens and the light clay allows them to last 8 turns rather than 5. When almost dead, she would use lunar dance, sacrificing herself to heal a different pokemon that may be nearly dead, and bringing it back to full HP. Psychic is just her most powerful STAB attack.

Suicune @Leftovers
Timid Nature
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
~Surf
~Hidden Power [Electric]
~Ice Beam
~Calm Mind

Why?:First, Suicune should pretty much always set up calm minds, and his bulkyness alows him to live long enough to do so. Once one or two calm minds are set up, thats when suicune can do some serious damage. Surf is his strongest STAB attack. HP electric is for a gyarados counter. and Ice beam is for salamences.

When Rating: I appreciate constructive criticism and any advice. All suggestions will be considered. Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

i would suggest changing scizor to a swords dance varient - you obviously want to abuse the effects of lunar dance cresselia, and you can basically give scizor 2 chances to sweep, and then finally bring in metagross to finish anything it can't handle. swords dance/bug bite/bullet punch/superpower would be ideal, as you get your recovery from cresselia.

after that, i kind of think you should replace togekiss on this team. its a great pokemon, i agree with you there, but unfortunately, your team has problems with zapdos and rotom-a. switching togekiss into something more capable of handling them, such as dd tyranitar, would really help out in the long run and also give you a team centered more around lunar dance and its extra sweeping effects.

i would suggest changing scizor to a swords dance varient - you obviously want to abuse the effects of lunar dance cresselia, and you can basically give scizor 2 chances to sweep, and then finally bring in metagross to finish anything it can't handle. swords dance/bug bite/bullet punch/superpower would be ideal, as you get your recovery from cresselia.

after that, i kind of think you should replace togekiss on this team. its a great pokemon, i agree with you there, but unfortunately, your team has problems with zapdos and rotom-a. switching togekiss into something more capable of handling them, such as dd tyranitar, would really help out in the long run and also give you a team centered more around lunar dance and its extra sweeping effects.
Thanks for the rate. The problem I have with a swords dance scizor is that it gives the enemy a turn to either do alot of damage to scizor, or switch to someone with steel resistance. With the CB scizor, although it will have a bit less attack, will attack its first turn with priority. I think Metagross with Ice Punch can take care of zapdos, as it will out speed it. Rotom can also be handled with Metagross using EQ.

But again, thanks for the advice. I will take some time to think about it and consider what you have told me.

EDIT: Rotom has levitate, so EQ cant be used. Tyranitar will take it out with crunch.

If I'm not mistaken, Rotom-A has levitate, meaning EQ won't be hitting any of them.
Rotom-H is trouble for your team once your Tyranitar is down, which isn't impossible with strong Choice Scarf or DD EQ/CC from faster pokemon (especially scarf heracross).

If you're using CB Scizor, I recommend Superpower over Brick Break. Since Scizor will be switching in and out a lot with Choice Band, the Attack/Defense isn't much especially when Scizor is likely to move last. Without Superpower, you'll be missing some important KOs on steel/normal types (especially Blissey).

I have no idea why you gave Suicune 252Atk EVs. I'm pretty sure you meant 252SpA/HP/SpD EVs?

Otherwise, there are no obvious faults on this team. Your reliance on suicune may be a little problem when it's gone and gyarados, salamence, or zapdos is alive on the other team.

If I'm not mistaken, Rotom-A has levitate, meaning EQ won't be hitting any of them.
Rotom-H is trouble for your team once your Tyranitar is down, which isn't impossible with strong Choice Scarf or DD EQ/CC from faster pokemon (especially scarf heracross).

If you're using CB Scizor, I recommend Superpower over Brick Break. Since Scizor will be switching in and out a lot with Choice Band, the Attack/Defense isn't much especially when Scizor is likely to move last. Without Superpower, you'll be missing some important KOs on steel/normal types (especially Blissey).

I have no idea why you gave Suicune 252Atk EVs. I'm pretty sure you meant 252SpA/HP/SpD EVs?

Otherwise, there are no obvious faults on this team. Your reliance on suicune may be a little problem when it's gone and gyarados, salamence, or zapdos is alive on the other team.
Thanks for the rate. I will replace the brick break with superpower on scizor. The problem i had with it before is that im really not a fan of his attack going down. But i guess its worth it.
And i mean 252 HP, idk why i put Atk. thanks for pointing that out.
And with the High Hp and defenses, i do expect suicune to last a while.
Thanks again

You are highly susceptible to my Lead, the amazing Yanmega. My Yanmega could possibly sweep your entire team. Azelf and Cresselia are dead with Bug Buzz, Air Slash is a 2HKO on Scizor while it can 2HKO with Bullet Punch. If Yanmega dies, I can easily defeat T tar with Starmie, Salamence or even Metagross, Suicune is dead to Starmie and Rotom-C especially Rotom-C cuz it has Choice Scarf+Trick, and Metagross is easily handled by my Shuca Berry Heatran or even Rotom-C. You desperately need a bug and fire resist, both of which Heatran can certainly provide. I suggest substituting Heatran for Agiligross because it doesn't really fit on your team. It doesn't provide any significant resistances and doesn't do much for your team overall. I also suggest Ice Beam on Cresselia in order to OHKO a certain beastly dragon seeing as you have no other ice moves other than Suicune. For the Heatran, I suggest the Metal Sound set which will work very well with dual screens set up. Hope I helped and good luck!

I recommend having a Life Orb on your Tyranitar, as you will most likely have Reflect up with Cresselia when setting up Dragon Dances. Life Orb maximizes potential damage, and lets you 2HKO threats such as Swampert, taking EQ's with ease as long as Reflect is up. Babiri could be an option, but with reflect I don't think it would be necessary.

If you're running a Dual Screens team, I don't see why you don't want to run Swords Dance variant Scizor like kd24 recommended, as taking advantage of the screens on a team like this really benefits it.

Metagross would be better off with Thunderpunch to better handle Gyarados and other bulky waters like Vaporeon & Milotic. Gyarados can be real trouble for this team,as it can mow right through you if it is running Waterfall/Stone Edge/Taunt/Dragon Dance. Relying on Suicune to handle it isn't good, considering if a smart player keeps Gyarados alive and healthy, and kills off Suicune, you'll be in heaps of trouble. Ice Punch isn't doing much, as with Stealth Rocks up (which you will have up most of the time, surely) you can kill things like Salamence in one hit with Meteor Mash. Things like Breloom, Celebi, and Shaymin are handled by MM as well.

Lastly, I would recommend running a 4 HP/ 252 SPA/ 252 SPE spread, and a Timid nature on your Suicune, since you will have reflect and light screen up the extra bulk isn't necessary, maximum speed for beating threats like Celebi and Breloom with x amount of Calm Minds on its belt.

Hopefully I helped. Good luck!

I recommend having a Life Orb on your Tyranitar, as you will most likely have Reflect up with Cresselia when setting up Dragon Dances. Life Orb maximizes potential damage, and lets you 2HKO threats such as Swampert, taking EQ's with ease as long as Reflect is up. Babiri could be an option, but with reflect I don't think it would be necessary.

If you're running a Dual Screens team, I don't see why you don't want to run Swords Dance variant Scizor like kd24 recommended, as taking advantage of the screens on a team like this really benefits it.

Metagross would be better off with Thunderpunch to better handle Gyarados and other bulky waters like Vaporeon & Milotic. Gyarados can be real trouble for this team,as it can mow right through you if it is running Waterfall/Stone Edge/Taunt/Dragon Dance. Relying on Suicune to handle it isn't good, considering if a smart player keeps Gyarados alive and healthy, and kills off Suicune, you'll be in heaps of trouble. Ice Punch isn't doing much, as with Stealth Rocks up (which you will have up most of the time, surely) you can kill things like Salamence in one hit with Meteor Mash. Things like Breloom, Celebi, and Shaymin are handled by MM as well.

Lastly, I would recommend running a 4 HP/ 252 SPA/ 252 SPE spread, and a Timid nature on your Suicune, since you will have reflect and light screen up the extra bulk isn't necessary, maximum speed for beating threats like Celebi and Breloom with x amount of Calm Minds on its belt.

Hopefully I helped. Good luck!
Thanks man, you do have some good points that if the screens are up that using swords dance is easier, and that suicune would be better off with more Atk and Spd. The only problem i have is if Creseselia dyes/lunar dances or if they have brick break. But again, you have some great points, i think i will really consider what you have told me. Gyarados can be killed with one stone edge from TTar or on HP electric from suicune with one calm mind set up. Thanks again.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
itt i am franky!

Hello. Bear with my relatively new format, please. I'm testing some new approaches in terms of rating teams, suggested to me by some friends.

PROBLEMS

Generally for an offensive team, or hyper offense as one may call it, you need to find as many openings as possible in order to set up a sweep. You really need to watch out for Will o Wisping Rotom-a that pretty much make sweeping with all three of your physical sweepers terribly hard. On pretty much anything on this team, Rotom-a will be annoying you while it simply burns you and makes the majority of your sweepers unusable and easily beaten. All three physical sweepers will meet their doom to something like Swampert or Heatran, even with screens up because of a burn. Suicune's health will be slowly whittled down with hefty thunderbolts and no form of reliable recovery.

Sash Azelf is losing a bit of glamor now that Lead Champ is running rampant. Your set is also going to lose to Heatran and Metagross, etc. Furthermore, your only dual screening pokemon is Cresselia, and you generally want screens up as long as possible. Since it's not that conventional to win within one set-up of screens, then chances are you're going to be severely weakened late game.

The team is stall weak. Although this is hyper offense, nothing is stopping Swampert from simply walling Tyranitar and Metagross cold and phazing them out. Nothing is stopping Skarmory from walling them either, and laying out spikes, then proceeding to kill off your team via whirlwind + entry hazards. Nothing is stopping Blissey from simply walling your Suicune and slowly chipping down the health. It doesn't matter if you can beat stall pokemon one on one, because phazing + entry hazards is that lethal for your team.

The team has minor Lucario issues. Once Lucario sets up on something like Cresselia, nothing in your team outspeeds it or can last a +2 Close Combat from it. That is very problematic.

HOW TO FIX

Your sets for Tyranitar, Metagross, and Scizor could also use a little change up here. In accordance to what I've said already, you could use Lum Berry Tyranitar over Leftovers in order to set up on the burn. Without leftovers, you can fake scarf Tyranitar in certain situations, as well as giving you one less thing to worry about when sweeping. The recovery is a small benefit you can part with. With Scizor, I'd either take KD24's advice and run Bug Bite over U-turn, as scouting isn't particularly something you are actually doing with something as hyper offensive as this team, or you could opt for Roost in order to do better against stall teams. Generally for hyper offense, there's no fancy play involved -- it's just bringing in dual screeners and setting up one pokemon after another. You don't need to scout anything, because setting up is essentially how you scout. By setting up, you pressure your opponent into bringing in their best response to said threat, which is scouting in itself. A Bulky SD Scizor with Recovery, or something that instantly blows everything out of the water with LO Bug Bite would be ideal. As for Metagross, you might want to consider running an LO variant with Zen Headbutt and more speed to outspeed Scarf Rotom-a, which can stop your sweep cold even at +2 speed. I recommend putting enough speed to hit 450 which outspeeds everything that hits +1 neutral base 100s instead, as well as Scarf Rotom. Next off, you could opt Zen Headbutt over Ice Punch and Life Orb over Expert Belt in order to KO Salamence with Meteor Mash after Rocks are up and getting the extra damage in with Zen Headbutt for things like Gyarados and Rotom-a. Zen Headbutt is very useful in getting those hefty neutral hits that you want when breaking stuff down.

Run max speed on Suicune like Karmah suggested, but for reasons that you need something to check Lucario with, and Suicune is it. You want to hit above 280 so you don't have to deal with relying on screens to be up in order to beat Lucario.

Lastly, you might want to try out dual screen azelf with Taunt and Explosion as your lead, as one dual screener doesn't really cut it for a team that has that many sweepers which rely on screens.

HOW TO FIX PART TWO

These are simply the spreads I suggested if you just felt like scrolling down and ignoring the WoT ;).

Metagross @ life orb
Adamant 252 atk / 60 hp / 196 spe
Zen headbutt/meteor mash / eq/ agility

Scizor @ leftovers (or opt for KD24's offensive bug bite)
adamant 200 hp / 252 atk / 56 spe
bullet punch / superpower / roost / swords dance

Lum > Lefties on tar

252 spa / spe Timid on Suicune

Azelf @ light clay
jolly 252 hp / 252 spe / 4 atk
explosion / taunt / screens x 2

This might seem like a bit much, but these are actually pretty small fixes that would help your team strategy a bit more, with more of a hyper-offensive feel to it. Good luck with the team, hope I helped.

Hello. Bear with my relatively new format, please. I'm testing some new approaches in terms of rating teams, suggested to me by some friends.

PROBLEMS

Generally for an offensive team, or hyper offense as one may call it, you need to find as many openings as possible in order to set up a sweep. You really need to watch out for Will o Wisping Rotom-a that pretty much make sweeping with all three of your physical sweepers terribly hard. On pretty much anything on this team, Rotom-a will be annoying you while it simply burns you and makes the majority of your sweepers unusable and easily beaten. All three physical sweepers will meet their doom to something like Swampert or Heatran, even with screens up because of a burn. Suicune's health will be slowly whittled down with hefty thunderbolts and no form of reliable recovery.

Sash Azelf is losing a bit of glamor now that Lead Champ is running rampant. Your set is also going to lose to Heatran and Metagross, etc. Furthermore, your only dual screening pokemon is Cresselia, and you generally want screens up as long as possible. Since it's not that conventional to win within one set-up of screens, then chances are you're going to be severely weakened late game.

The team is stall weak. Although this is hyper offense, nothing is stopping Swampert from simply walling Tyranitar and Metagross cold and phazing them out. Nothing is stopping Skarmory from walling them either, and laying out spikes, then proceeding to kill off your team via whirlwind + entry hazards. Nothing is stopping Blissey from simply walling your Suicune and slowly chipping down the health. It doesn't matter if you can beat stall pokemon one on one, because phazing + entry hazards is that lethal for your team.

The team has minor Lucario issues. Once Lucario sets up on something like Cresselia, nothing in your team outspeeds it or can last a +2 Close Combat from it. That is very problematic.

HOW TO FIX

Your sets for Tyranitar, Metagross, and Scizor could also use a little change up here. In accordance to what I've said already, you could use Lum Berry Tyranitar over Leftovers in order to set up on the burn. Without leftovers, you can fake scarf Tyranitar in certain situations, as well as giving you one less thing to worry about when sweeping. The recovery is a small benefit you can part with. With Scizor, I'd either take KD24's advice and run Bug Bite over U-turn, as scouting isn't particularly something you are actually doing with something as hyper offensive as this team, or you could opt for Roost in order to do better against stall teams. Generally for hyper offense, there's no fancy play involved -- it's just bringing in dual screeners and setting up one pokemon after another. You don't need to scout anything, because setting up is essentially how you scout. By setting up, you pressure your opponent into bringing in their best response to said threat, which is scouting in itself. A Bulky SD Scizor with Recovery, or something that instantly blows everything out of the water with LO Bug Bite would be ideal. As for Metagross, you might want to consider running an LO variant with Zen Headbutt and more speed to outspeed Scarf Rotom-a, which can stop your sweep cold even at +2 speed. I recommend putting enough speed to hit 450 which outspeeds everything that hits +1 neutral base 100s instead, as well as Scarf Rotom. Next off, you could opt Zen Headbutt over Ice Punch and Life Orb over Expert Belt in order to KO Salamence with Meteor Mash after Rocks are up and getting the extra damage in with Zen Headbutt for things like Gyarados and Rotom-a. Zen Headbutt is very useful in getting those hefty neutral hits that you want when breaking stuff down.

Run max speed on Suicune like Karmah suggested, but for reasons that you need something to check Lucario with, and Suicune is it. You want to hit above 280 so you don't have to deal with relying on screens to be up in order to beat Lucario.

Lastly, you might want to try out dual screen azelf with Taunt and Explosion as your lead, as one dual screener doesn't really cut it for a team that has that many sweepers which rely on screens.

HOW TO FIX PART TWO

These are simply the spreads I suggested if you just felt like scrolling down and ignoring the WoT ;).

Metagross @ life orb
Adamant 252 atk / 60 hp / 196 spe
Zen headbutt/meteor mash / eq/ agility

Scizor @ leftovers (or opt for KD24's offensive bug bite)
adamant 200 hp / 252 atk / 56 spe
bullet punch / superpower / roost / swords dance

Lum > Lefties on tar

252 spa / spe Timid on Suicune

Azelf @ light clay
jolly 252 hp / 252 spe / 4 atk
explosion / taunt / screens x 2

This might seem like a bit much, but these are actually pretty small fixes that would help your team strategy a bit more, with more of a hyper-offensive feel to it. Good luck with the team, hope I helped.
Dude, you were so much help. Thank you so much. The only thing is instead of taunt on Azelf, i think i will keep the stealth rocks because those can be really helpful. Other than that, I think everything that you have said would really help my team. Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)