SV OU OU sand team

Ik, bad name, but I am presenting my sand team for the new meta!

North Star (Minior-Blue) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shields Down
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Shell Smash
- Power Gem
- Acrobatics
- Earth Power

A decent mixed attacker, takes no damage from sand even if it teras. This mixed set uses both of minior's attacking stats, due to them being the same. When your opponent sees you use power gem, for example, switches to blissey and gets clapped with acrobatics. The point is to get in after sand is set up, shell smash, then attack your opponent with special or physical moves, depending on their defense and sp. def. I use focus sash because you don't want to attack with this thing in shields up form, you want it to go below half just to hit harder, so that's why I use shell smash focus sash.

Hippo (Hippowdon) @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Pretty self-explanatory, a sand setter. It is RU, but it is still good, with slack off for reliable recovery, stealth rock for hazards, it's underrated. This thing walls most physical attackers(maybe not ogerpon, but even that would probably not one shot this thing), and it can hit flying types. Tera ghost to block spin.

Bridge to heaven (Archaludon) @ Power Herb
Ability: Stamina
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Electro Shot
- Flash Cannon
- Draco Meteor
- Body Press

Archaludon is just solid. First up, no sand chip, and it has stamina to wall most physical attackers. Most importantly though, is its signature move electro shot. This move is similar to meteor beam, charging up and giving you +1 Sp. Atk, then firing on the next turn. However, it is instant with power herb, and also IN RAIN, which allows it to deal with rain teams excellently. I added body press to make it attack special walls and draco meteor for big damage, flash cannon to kill fairy types.

Fortune teller (Enamorus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
Tera Type: Stellar
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Tera Blast
- Earth Power
- Superpower

This thing got buffed in the DLC, due to the stellar type being a thing. In case you live under a rock, stellar type tera blasts do neutral damage to all pokemon, but super effective to all pokemon that have teraed, and giving its user -1 atk and sp. atk after use. With contrary, enamorous can get stat boosts, not only from stellar type tera blasts, but also from superpower, a physical move that destroys steel types and can make enamorous snowball out of control, left unchecked. I added moonblast for STAB and earth power to hit steel, poison and rock types to further improve this set.

Excadrill (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide/Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- X-Scissor

Firstly, use female gender AT ALL TIMES. This is to prevent cute charm pokemon(most notably enamorous), to stop this pokemon from sweeping. Sand rush makes it outspeed basically everything, and with rapid spin, makes it outspeed even pokemon that have a speed boost, important for encounters with things like ogerpon. Stone edge if you want more damage, rock slide for more accuracy.

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Competitive
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Surf
- Flash Cannon
- Flip Turn

The special wall of the team, it can survive even horn leeches from more defensive ogerpon sets and you can hit it back with air slash. Surf is for better accuracy STAB water attack, and flash cannon for steel STAB. You can also gain momentum by having a slow flip turn, by tanking a hit, chipping your opponent and switching.

Have fun with this team!

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
I think Minior is not very good right now because of the amount of priority in the tier (:raging-bolt:, :kingambit:, etc.) so I think something like bulk-up Tusk can replace Minior.

Iron Head > X-Scissor on Excadrill because Iron Head is STAB and the flinches are just satifying also i don't think you need X-Scissor and Iron Head is just better overall and because of that change the Tera to ground or Steel

Seems kind of weak to fighting, although :enamorus: quad resists it, shes not particularly bulky and if she dies then of your remaining pokemon, 3/5 are fighting weak.

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
Seems kind of weak to fighting, although :enamorus: quad resists it, shes not particularly bulky and if she dies then of your remaining pokemon, 3/5 are fighting weak.
The thing is, if sand is still up the good fighting types in OU are :iron-boulder: and :iron-valiant:. Both die from an Iron Head from Excadrill (WHich is suggested in my post before) and outspeed in sand. If theres an :iron-hands: then you use Earthquake

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)